CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 5857|Reply: 15

Invincible Shan Bao Mei ~ Nicholas Teo/Amber Kuo ~ start 17 Aug 08 (Taiwan)

[Copy link]
Post time 14-8-2008 12:23 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Cast

Nicholas Teo as Sun Wu Di  
Amber Kuo as Hu Shan Bao
Roy Qiu as Zhang Wei Qing
Yvonne Yao as Ji Zu An (Sun Wu Di's girlfriend)

Summary

When Sun Wu Di was still a young kid his father was kidnapped. After this event, Wu Di grew up not trusting people even those who he worked closely with. Wu Di has a narcissistic personality where he feels that those below him are inferior to him and he is perfect all around. He has a perfect girlfriend, Zu An, who is independent and smart. He has no worries! He can always depend on himself. That is until he met a girl named Hu Shan Bao.
sources credit and taken from DramaWiki

[ Last edited by  isabel at 14-8-2008 12:31 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 14-8-2008 12:23 PM | Show all posts

Character Introduction (written by Nic himself)

My name is Sun Wu Di. It was given to me by my father. Throughout my life until now, he has the greatest influence on me. The person whom I admire and respect most is also him! Thus, my father's leaving caused extreme changes to my understanding of human character. Father has always treated workers by his side as our own people but he was targeted to be kidnapped and afterwards, went missing. As I was still a kid, this has been a huge trauma for me. Later, my whole growing process is not to trust anyone. Especially after being in charge of "Heaven's Fragrance Floor" 《天香樓》, the more I wouldn't believe in people working with me. Also due to this reason, I transform to a narcissistic person and feel that I myself is the most perfect. All others are on a lower level.

I know that my personality is very despicable but that doesn't bother me because I don't need anyone. By myself, I can accomplish every job. Especially the one which I care most in this life, "Heaven's Fragrance Floor" 《天香樓》. Even more, I will not let people handle my tasks. That's the only thing my father left me with - it's my life. I don't permit any person to ruin it, only I can cause it to shine and dazzle with brightness! This way of thought also let those around who never treat me good with a true heart, only those momentarily flattering people! I don't feel it's a problem since there's no need for them to do anything. Nevertheless, there will be someone
to take care of trivial matters for me. Just let them run after me, I'm not inferior!

For sure a successful man cannot miss love. I, Sun Wu Di, definitely do not lack girls. However, as to a girlfriend, I only need one and that will be enough! She is Zu An, independent with an attitude and brains. She never requires me to get worried. We are a perfect team admired by all people! My life is to seek after perfection. I, Sun Wu Di, want none to be able to go against me. I can't have any weakness!

Amber Kuo

Roy Qiu

taken and credit goes to AsianFanatics

[ Last edited by  isabel at 14-8-2008 12:39 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-8-2008 12:23 PM | Show all posts
Sunday June 29th, 2008 (Malaysia China Press)

(Kuala Lumpur)

A drama starring together Nicholas Teo and Amber Guo, "Invincible Shan Bao Mei" 《無敵珊寶妹》will be replacing the show "Fated to Love You" which has the current extreme high rating in Taiwan starting the end of July. Being the main male lead for the second time, Nicholas frankly remarked that he has no rating pressure but only worrying that he lacked the ability to successfully portray the drama's narcissistic and haughty character.

"Fated to Love You" has been gaining high level of popularity ever since it was aired with rating breaking ten. "Invincible Shan Bao Mei" 《無敵珊寶妹》which cast includes Nicholas Teo, Amber Guo, Roy Chiu and others will be taking over. It has been winning everyone's attention before shooting even commences.

Nicholas expressed through his manager, Li Sook-Teng that drama rating has never been his pressure. “According to his views, a show's achievement or loss is not only one of the cast's problem. He thinks that rating is not something he can have control over so his sole pressure rests on the worry whether he is able to act out his character well."

《無敵珊寶妹》's cast has just undergo costume ordering last Friday. For the time being, the drama team has decided for shooting to formally begin in early July. Sook-Teng disclosed that the overall production crew had their first meeting just last Friday. Nicholas had only then been informed of the personalities relating to the drama's characters.

“In the show, Nicholas will play a business owner as well as a famed host. He is narcissistic and arrogant. That is why his name will right away be known as 'Invincible' (無敵). Such character is a huge difference compared to Nicholas' real attitude. Thus, it's a great challenge for him. He's presently working hard on sorting out his own frame of mind.”

As to whether Nicholas will do the same as Ethan Ruan in making rating promises? “Wait till the rating breaks record and we'll talk again then!”Sook-Teng laughingly said.

Source: http://www.onlynicholas.com/forums/viewthr...;extra=page%3D1

Wednesday July 2, 2008 Malaysia

Nicholas Teo praised Amber Guo as Well-Disciplined

(Selangor&#8231etaling Jaya)

A new match - Nicholas Teo and Amber Guo has been described by the media as “older sister-younger brother relationship of another kind”. Nicholas let his laugh slipped and explained,“Everyone knows she just graduated from Taipei University and is much younger than me。”

In the upcoming Taiwanese idol drama, "Invincible Shan Bao Mei" 《無敵珊寶妹》, Nicholas will act as a narcissistic and haughty business owner character, Wu Di“無敵”(meaning 'Invincible'). That's the same as the product he endorses in Malaysia ,Wu Di E-Dictionary (aka Besta Dictionary) . As for the female lead - Guo Cai Jie's English name is Amber,similar to the movie - The 3rd Generation 《第三代》he acted in years ago with onscreen spouse, Amber Chia(謝麗萍)'s name. This lovely coincidence makes Nicholas to feel interesting too!

Character Narcissistic and Causes Others' Annoyance

He laughingly said, "Although Cai Jie's English name is known as 'Amber', I still call her 'Cai Jie'. If I mention 'Amber' instead, I'm afraid that I'll remember Malaysia's Amber Chia."

Smiling Pasta 《微笑Pasta》which starred Nicholas in 2006 soared in ratings. After a period of 2 years, he is now to accept a rather harsh challenge. He is to play a character he described as "narcissistic and hated by people". "Meantime, I've only seen the front part of script. This renowned host's character who doesn't lack a single thing causes him to be arrogant. Even his name is also called 'Invincible' ( 無敵). So you can picture how narcissistic he is."

Nicholas is currently in Taipei preparing for the shooting work of 《無敵珊寶妹》. During his phone interview, he described Amber Guo as a very well-disciplined girl. "This is her first time acting so her mood is a little nervous. She's very well-disciplined and well-behaved. I believe during this period of 5 months, we will be very happy working together." Their pairing has been described by the media as "another kind of older sister-younger brother relationship". To this, Nicholas let his laugh slipped and explained, "Everyone knows she just graduated from Taipei University and alot younger than me. This is because my Taiwan's record contract will be carried on at WarnerMusic instead of EMI. Amber Guo can be considered as my Warner Taiwan's senior."

《無敵珊寶妹》is Roy Chiu's first drama after completing his military service and pointed out as competing with ex-flame Rainie Yang's "Bad Campus Belle" 《不良笑花》so deeply attracting attention. Will Nicholas be worried that the focus will be placed on Roy Chiu? Nicholas expressed, "If this will make everyone more concerned about this show, that will be great. It's just a game created by the grown-ups, us kids will just shoot the drama obediently."

Not thinking about the rating problem

He expressed that shooting a drama has always been a team work and doesn't rely on a person solely. "Due to the reason that the character's personality and matching between artistes are very fresh, I have confidence in this show. Moreover, Kung Fu Soccer's 《功夫足球》great senior, Huang Yi Fei will be playing Amber's father. Tao's father will be the chef by my side. Many famed variety shows' people will be participating and bring forth a joyful atmosphere, making me extremely anticipating."

《無敵珊寶妹》will be following up the drama which broke rating 10, "Fated to Love You" 《命中註定我愛你》. Will this induce pressure on Nicholas? "The results of rating has always been hard to predict, even harder to guess than album sales. I don't wish to give myself pressure before shooting even commences. Of course, I hope the rating will be very good but not wanting to think too much personally and get burdened with stress without a carefree mood to immerse myself in shooting."

星洲日報/娛樂‧2008.07.01

Source: http://www.onlynicholas.com/forums/viewthr...;extra=page%3D1

Friday July 11, 2008 Taiwan

Nicholas Teo has to act as Sun Wu Di; Loses touch with steps of "Love Flower Blossoms" Dance

SETTV's idol drama "Fated to Love You" 《命中注定我愛你》wrapped up last week. Follow-up show, "Invincible Shan Bao Mei"《無敵珊寶妹》has started filming but it was found out that male lead, Nicholas Teo has opinions and wanted to quit. On the other hand, Huang Guo Lun who originally was one of the cast, felt that portion of film was not enough and has opted out of it.

Nicholas Teo once tried his hands on Smiling Pasta 《微笑PASTA》and has obtained not bad responses, offering him courage to accept "Invincible Shan Bao Mei"《無敵珊寶妹》. However, after he had seen the script and discovered the male lead Sun Wu Di 「孫無敵」is narcissistic and a domineering culinary program host. Each time he appears, he will perform a popular and energetic Love Flower Blossoms 「情花開」dance. Also, kissing with female lead and nude scenes startled him and caused the intention of him quitting.

Nicholas' manager, Su-Ting explained:「Not the thought of quitting,only the character has differences compared to what was in mind. After communicating with Sanlih, there's no more problem。」These few days, the drama team arranged for the whole cast to attend performance lessons to build up tacit understanding and this let Nicholas to have no worry.

Apart from such, the recently popular Jing Xing Ting Boys「景行廳男孩」also have a part in the show. Liang He Qun will play the female lead's brother while Zhao Zheng Ping and Lin Zhi Xian will play muddled kidnappers. As for Huang Guo Lun who was originally-planned to act as a teacher, he felt that the guesting role was too heavy so refused to take part. Liang He Qun helped to explain on behalf,:「Teacher Huang is a musician. He has more of a way of thinking。」

Source: http://showbiz.chinatimes.com/Chinatimes/E...1100384,00.html

Related Info:

*According to a fan's blog, the leads of "Fated To Love You" said during an autograph session that the show's ending will be very special and will cause the next drama, "Shan Bao Mei" to be out. The main point is "this little girl called Shan Bao Mei" will result in changes to the relationship between Cun Xi and Xin Yi.

*According to http://blog.youthwant.com.tw/chiao/chiao/9/ , Roy Chiu and Amber Guo had gone to Zhu Bei Railway Station for filming on 20/7.

all news taken and credit goes to AsianFanatics

[ Last edited by  isabel at 14-8-2008 12:45 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-8-2008 12:24 PM | Show all posts
reserved

Use magic Report

Post time 14-8-2008 02:20 PM | Show all posts
encemnyer si Roy tu... second hero ya..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-8-2008 02:55 PM | Show all posts

Reply #5 limau's post

tu bakal2 calon fav nanti...

citer ni kira Nic mmg sgt2 dihargai oleh org sana sbb PD dia sanggup ubah script demi Nic..dan saingan utk calon male lead pun kira bukan calang2 gak tapi akhirnya penulis script dia sendiri yg nakkan Nic...

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 14-8-2008 03:11 PM | Show all posts

Reply #6 isabel's post

tak sangka ya nic, sgt dihargai di taiwan...

oooo..mmg calon2 fav..

Use magic Report

Post time 14-8-2008 03:19 PM | Show all posts
cerita baru nick....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 14-8-2008 03:29 PM | Show all posts
penulis script citer ni adalah penulis script yg sama utk citer Fated To Love You..

citer ni akan tayang kat 2 channel kat Taiwan dan episode 1 akan bakal tayang 17 Aug ni kat TTV dan satu gi SETTV pada 24 Aug bakal mengantikan Fated To Love You...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-8-2008 03:47 PM | Show all posts
OMG..Amber Kuo naked dlm ni...
tapi rasanya tu double Amber kut...
no wonder ler Nic kata dia nak tarik diri...sbb dia pun sepatutnya ada nude scene...

[ Last edited by  isabel at 14-8-2008 03:57 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-8-2008 03:52 PM | Show all posts
this one Nic menari dpn crew production...
hahaha..nak pecah perut tgk...

[ Last edited by  isabel at 14-8-2008 03:57 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 14-8-2008 04:00 PM | Show all posts

Reply #10 isabel's post

oo, sejak bila drama taiwan ada naked pulak ni?..

Use magic Report

Post time 14-8-2008 04:12 PM | Show all posts

Reply #10 isabel's post

wah.... ada Anson dengan Da Jie!! Apa diorang buat kat situ??? :eek:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-8-2008 04:20 PM | Show all posts

Reply #13 Ha_Neul's post

ya..bel pun tertanya2 gak apa diorg berdua ni buat kat episode 1 ni...

bel rasa mcm kebykan pelakon dlm Fated To Love You pun ada dlm ni...
maklum ler since production gan script writer dia pun adalah sama...

Use magic Report

Post time 22-9-2008 10:52 PM | Show all posts
br tgh layan citer fated to love you kt overstream..
ooo citer ni bukn smbgn FTLY eh?

Use magic Report

Post time 22-9-2008 11:36 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 04:45 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.154330 second(s), 41 queries .