Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 90775|Reply: 381

Gantz

[Copy link]
Post time 29-5-2008 04:43 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Post Last Edit by cmf_cluesan at 14-3-2010 12:59

Gantz (ガンツ, Gantsu[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helpnstalling_Japanese_character_sets]
[/url]) is a Japanese manga and anime series written and illustrated by Hiroya Oku. Gantztells the story of Kei Kurono and his friend Masaru Kato who die in atrain accident and become part of a semi-posthumous "game" in whichthey and several other recently deceased people are forced to hunt downand kill aliens armed with a handful of futuristic items of equipmentand weaponry.

The Gantz anime, directed by Ichiro Itano and animated by Gonzo, ran for 13 episodes and had a direct sequel called Gantz: Second Stage,which continued the series for another 13 episodes. Both seasons makeup the 26 episode series. It was licensed in North America by ADV Films. The anime series is distributed in the United Kingdom by MVM Films, and in Australia and New Zealand by Madman Entertainment. Dark Horse Comicsstarted releasing the manga in English in June 2008. A series oflive-action movies based on the manga are also currently in production.

Plot
A pair of high school students, Kei Kurono and Masaru Kato,are run over by a subway train in an attempt to save the life of ahomeless drunk who had fallen onto the tracks. Following their deaths,Kurono and Kato find themselves transported to the interior of anunfurnished Tokyoapartment. The pair soon realize others are present and find that theyare not able to leave the apartment. At one end of the room there is afeatureless black sphere known as "Gantz".
After some time in the room, the Gantz sphere opens up, revealing abald naked man with a breathing mask and wires attached to his head,and three racks protruding from it, that offer various items for themto use. These include the custom fitting black suits Gantz makes foreach of them, giving them super-human abilities, a controller whichacts as a radar and stealth unit, and three types of guns.

When the Gantz sphere opens, green text appears on its surface,informing those present that their "lives have ended and now belong" tohim. A picture and brief information is shown of some of the Gantz Targets,Gantz ordering them to go and kill them. All but one target shown thusfar, have been aliens living on Earth, which take on a wide variety offorms. After a period of time which varies between missions, everyoneexcept Gantz are transported to the location of the mission.
Those sent cannot return from the mission until all enemies havebeen killed, or the time limit has run out. If they survive asuccessful mission, each individual is awarded points for the aliensthey have killed. They are then allowed to leave, and live their livesas they see fit until Gantz summons them back again for the nextmission. The only way to stop having to participate in the missions isto earn one hundred points, and choose the option to be freed. Severalparticipants are killed through the third mission they are given,leaving Kurono as the only survivor and the new leader from the "GantzTeam". However, as the series continues, Kurono participates with theobjective to revive his deceased friends with the 100 points he canobtain throughout the missions. After several missions, Gantz's sphereindicates that the human race will be over in a week for an unknownreason, but it also frees all the participants from the game.

Characters

=============================================================

Gantz 273: Kaze May Die?!

Gantz 272 is finally out with 26 pages! This chapter is really cool, but I wonder to know why Hachirou just left the way he did....Perhaps he knew about the blood ball thingys?  

I think we still got 5+ chapters at least left in this mission and its not over for a long while. Those blood balls were not his last attack by a long shot. Takashi's wound looks minor, but it might be enough to either make Kaze angry and fight nuri, or it could have a negative effect and have Kaze and Takashi leave the battle sight for Takashi's protection. Let抯 hope the first.

Also I think Katou, Reika, Cherry, and maybe Anzu will team up on nuri. (hopefully kaze too) The main 3 fighters being Katou, Kaze, and Cherry. I still have no idea how the hell they are going to do it. But I am pretty sure it will take them a good amount of chapters to do so.

Can't think about what will happen in the next chapter!

click here to read Gantz online or download

[ Last edited by  cluesan at 24-11-2008 01:41 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-5-2008 08:13 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ereera at 29-5-2008 16:43
Gantz 273: Kaze May Die?!

Gantz 272 is finally out with 26 pages! This chapter is really cool, but I wonder to know why Hachirou just left the way he did....Perhaps he knew about the blood bal ...

hahaha... it not like they fight that previously lightning alien (where the 1st time they're know publicly); where through the never they managed to kill the alien.

this time, Nuri seem as powerful as majin buu. completely destroyed and can recover. well, the Gantz rule seem different. no more time limit, boundary, they even appear outside their own area.
afterall, they're just dead man created as data. hehe

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2008 09:00 PM | Show all posts
damn, so long didn't read gantz manga, i once fan of it, i forgot why i didn't read it anymore. the last time i watch its when the vampires starts coming.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2008 10:55 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by cluesan at 29-5-2008 21:00
damn, so long didn't read gantz manga, i once fan of it, i forgot why i didn't read it anymore. the last time i watch its when the vampires starts coming.

you should continue read it.

that vampire now member of Gantz. alien Nuri this time is very hard to kill. i don't know if Goku can kill him. hehehe

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2008 11:02 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by yowa2 at 29-5-2008 10:55 PM

you should continue read it.

that vampire now member of Gantz. alien Nuri this time is very hard to kill. i don't know if Goku can kill him. hehehe

i will, my fren. i will. that Gantz ball is really mysterious. the plot is getting complicated time by time. its not linear, n its good.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2008 09:12 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by cluesan at 29-5-2008 23:02

i will, my fren. i will. that Gantz ball is really mysterious. the plot is getting complicated time by time. its not linear, n its good.

well, i guess the cover just influenced by the movie Iron Man; not that Kaze will transform like that... i guess.
haaha

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 31-5-2008 07:29 PM | Show all posts
I only read Gantz in Kreko...damn the series is long...but the plot is great heuheuheuheuheu

Use magic Report

Post time 3-6-2008 09:34 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by zint3000 at 31-5-2008 19:29
I only read Gantz in Kreko...damn the series is long...but the plot is great heuheuheuheuheu

hm? the series is long? but i feel the pages ineach episode really sikit la, xsmpi 19pages. yet the files always big!

compare other series, now Gantz 273; Eyeshield 283; Naruto 402; Bleach 315 + negative episodes; One Piece? .... hehe

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-6-2008 06:50 PM | Show all posts
more action less talk = gantz
if compare to all of that ...Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo is the longest manga that i've seen with 158+ volume and ..started since 1976 until now (1400++ chapters)

Use magic Report

Post time 4-6-2008 08:02 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by merru at 4-6-2008 06:50 PM
more action less talk = gantz
if compare to all of that ...Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo is the longest manga that i've seen with 158+ volume and ..started since 1976 until  ...

hohoho... dats rite. Kochikame is the longest continuous running manga in the world.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-6-2008 09:39 PM | Show all posts

Reply #4 yowa2's post

of course goku can kill him, just teleport behind him and wah! kamehameha!

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2008 01:10 PM | Show all posts
hahaha.. if u wan to in put other manga character, why not put luffy strawhat crew together.. heuheuhe...maybe they can kill him just like that..

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2008 08:46 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sekngucing at 4-6-2008 21:39
of course goku can kill him, just teleport behind him and wah! kamehameha!

so ka? lepas hancur, alien Nurahiyon recovered, and said "owh... i see.... i seee.... like that... hm.... hm.... i see ....". then dia tiru Goku lak.

Geng luffy power ngat ker? hahaha. xleh ebrenang tu besar banget kelemahannya.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-6-2008 03:25 PM | Show all posts
hohoho, episode 273 so nasty. but the alien won't be affected. i think kaze may die protecting the kid, or almost die but transfered into Gantz room just in time. i think the kid better die la. no weak people should be in the game of Gantz where the motto is Survival of the Fittest. sometimes i thought to myself, the world we've been living in is also Survival of the Fittest, where the weak should succumbs and the strong survives. maybe you won't agree, but hey, it's just my opinion though...

Use magic Report

Post time 9-6-2008 12:45 PM | Show all posts
sampai beratus episod ni pon, blm tau lg apekebinatangnye Gantz nih.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-6-2008 11:04 AM | Show all posts

Reply #15 yowa2's post

hmm... sbb gantz ada potensi utk dikembangkan jalan cerita dia. gantz ball tu je da ckp misteri.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-6-2008 11:51 AM | Show all posts
TSUUUUUUUGE! KAZE SAN TSUGE NA. HONTOU NI TSUYOI. but its not over yet. wat is that? a god? that thing cannot die ler...

Use magic Report

Post time 20-6-2008 10:07 PM | Show all posts

Reply #16 cluesan's post

sorila..aku nk tny ckit,korang tau x kat mane aku bleh download anime gantzz ni..bagila link..kalau leh yg direct downloadla..thanks..

Use magic Report

Post time 20-6-2008 10:33 PM | Show all posts
sori la jgk, sbb dlu aku pun download guna torrent. ko pun da faham direct download lg best dr torrent. hahaha. jenuh nk download guna torrent. wat port forwarding pun x guna sbb xde seed. aku dlm misi nk download suma anime dlm realitylapse. dlm realitylapse Gantz da license. :@

Use magic Report

Post time 24-11-2008 01:09 PM | Show all posts

Gantz

Sapa ada baca ini manga Gantz? Kasi story sikit...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 11:26 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.415481 second(s), 45 queries .