CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: gunblade712

Need explanations regarding some of Bible verses

[Copy link]
Post time 2-2-2009 02:02 PM | Show all posts
Debmey and Truth8, dont ever answer the request for explanation ! Just wait for the amendment (correction) in the next version of bible... though the amendment in debmey's bible may not be the same with Truth's.

[ Last edited by  Oreng at 2-2-2009 02:03 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-2-2009 02:10 PM | Show all posts

Balas #21 Oreng\ catat

Ni ayat sakastik ka, atau betul-betul..?

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2009 02:18 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 gunblade712's post

Hello bro,

Here is an answer to your question on the King's age; 22 or 42.. Hope that would clear up the misunderstanding...

http://www.geocities.com/brandplucked/22or42.html

http://www.letgodbetrue.com/bibl ... h-contradiction.pdf

Regards

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2009 02:50 PM | Show all posts

John 5:31; Jesus Christ said : If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. (see the red verse)
John 8:14; Jesus Christ said : Jesus answered and said unto them,Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I knowwhence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, andwhither I go

Bro, you should read the whole chapter. It stated that God will testify be the second witness for Jesus.

John 5:32-42; There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is true. "You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth. Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved. John was a lamp that burned and gave light, and you chose for a time to enjoy his light.

"I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish梩he very works that I am doing梩estify that the Father has sent me. And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. You study [c] the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you possess eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life. "I do not accept glory from human beings, but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. "But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?"

Yoh 15-18; You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. But if I do judge, my decisions are true, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me.  In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true. I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me."

First of all, Jesus stated that if He bear witness of himself, it willnot be true because the laws require two witnesses to make something to be claimed to be true. Jesus won't be able to do so because he is one. That why in John 5:31, He spoke as such. But when others bear witness for Him, then what He did will be accepted to be true. Jesus continues stating that His Father testified about His Works. As such, what He did is indeed the true.

Hope this clarify your misunderstanding.

I highlighted some other bold verses for your consideration on that Jesus did existed even before Moses time.

Regards.

[ Last edited by  kompia23 at 2-2-2009 03:57 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2009 03:06 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Oreng at 2-2-2009 02:02 PM
Debmey and Truth8, dont ever answer the request for explanation ! Just wait for the amendment (correction) in the next version of bible... though the amendment in debmey's bible may not be the sa ...

you see what a provocater this fella is?

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2009 03:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by kompia23 at 2-2-2009 02:50 PM

Bro, you should read the whole chapter. It stated that
John 5:32-42; There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is true. "You have sent to John and h ...

the proiblem is, these fellas have never read the Bible before, they simply took stuff from anti Christian site and throw challenges even though all the answers are vailable on the net. some of these answers can be found if they had simply read the passage. You see how lame these muslim boys are?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 2-2-2009 03:32 PM | Show all posts

Reply #26 Debmey's post

i tought this is what u christian been doing till now. Took from anti islam website and starts provoking.

On the other hand, GB was purely asking explaination from the verse from ur bible. In the 1st place do u accept there is such verse in ur bible? if yes kindly explain, if not bye bye

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2009 04:32 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2-2-2009 03:06 PM

you see what a provocater this fella is?

Me a provocateur ?

Is it not true that :

1. The council of churces can make correction on the bible ?

2. That the authorithy on your bible and Truth's may act and decide separately on what correction to make ?

Provocation ? Am I ? You are getting too lame, something true makes you feel provoked.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-2-2009 04:34 PM | Show all posts

There are contradictions about the time when Jesus Christ was crucified. In three of the Gospel (Mark, Matthew, Luke),but in the Gospel of John, chapter 19, verse 44, it says : And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King! (John;19:44)

All the three gospel said that on the sixth hour on that day, Jesus Christ was already on the cross, while in John, on the sixth hour of the day, Jesus Christ was still in the court of Pilate.

Yo bro,

Mark uses the Jewish timekeeping system and John uses the Roman. Roman time went from midnight to midnight. The Jewish 24 hour time period began in the evening at 6 pm and the morning of that day began at 6 am. Thus Mark is stating that Jesus was crucified at 9 am and John is stating that the trial was still on at 6 am. In John 19:16 we see that the soldiers took charge of Jesus, meaning that the crucifiction had not yet taken place. So the times are reasonable.

Regards.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-2-2009 04:41 PM | Show all posts

Balas #19 Debmey\ catat

sorry, I don't see how does my post is a challenge to you.

see? kompia can explained to me nicely, and he even point out a website for me to read.

you, on the other hand, keep on give me some senseless rambling which have no connection with the topic whatsoever.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-2-2009 04:45 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2-2-2009 03:09 PM

the proiblem is, these fellas have never read the Bible before, theysimply took stuff from anti Christian site and throw challenges eventhough all the answers are vailable on the net. some of these answerscan be found if they had simply read the passage. You see how lamethese muslim boys are?

which anti-christian website? for the love of God, I'm not as cheap as you, debmey. I've typed fully of my post # 1 using my own words and ideas, not just copy and paste from some websites.

besides, I believed you are the ones who claimed to have "studied the Quran" but you don't even know a single arabic letter, right?

It won't work the other way, because you people published the Bible in oh-so-many language and STILL call it "The Bible", whereas we have a TRANSLATION of the Quran, not "The Quran". The Quran shall forever be retained in it's original arabic language.

proof enough that you are the ones who doesn't study other people's book but make such claim. Can you see how lame and cheap debmey are?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-2-2009 06:01 PM | Show all posts
kompia (or any other good Christians out there), can you guys tell mewhat is Septuagint? The Wikipedia told me that it is the oldest of theseveral translation.

This translation, however, told me that Ahaziah's age was 20 when he reign.

Ochozias began to reign when he was twenty years old, and he reignedone year in Jerusalem: and his mother's name was Gotholia, the daughterof Ambri. (2 Chronicles;22:2)

I've managed to get it from one Christian site here : http://ecmarsh.com/lxx-kjv/2_chronicles/2chr_022.htm

and I'm looking into the lineage of Ahaziah, seeing that the writerexplained to me that the age is actually the house of Ahab's rulingyear (with Ahaziah being in the "42nd year of ruling")

[ Last edited by  gunblade712 at 2-2-2009 06:03 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-2-2009 06:25 PM | Show all posts

Balas #32 gunblade712\ catat

After stumbled upon the Septuagint, I've decided to look at other versions of the Bible, managed to looked upon the New International Version (NIV), and in it's 2 Chronicles 2:22, it says that Ahaziah was 22 years old when he reign the land.

I went to the internet just to clarify this, and Biblegateway.com clarified that in the NIV, 2 Chronicles 2:22 says that Ahaziah was 22 when he reign the land.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Chronicles%2022;&version=31;

the International Bible Society also clarifies that in the NIV it says that Ahaziah was 22 years old when he reign the land :

http://www.ibsstl.org/bible/vers ... les22#en-TNIV-11649

It seems that the writer of the articles uses the King James Version of the Bible (KJV) and neglected the other versions, so I believed that if we are to read and either to understand or to ask questions pertaining the Bible, only the King James Version is accepted, or am I wrong?

Or is there an inconsistency in the Bible's version?

personally, I prefer to read the KJV due to it's rich usage of the old English language, but it's kinda hard to understood.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2009 07:07 AM | Show all posts
GB knows how to search but play pretend he cannot find the answers to his challenges to the Bible.
At the same time, he never studied his own qurans.
Can he be serious?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-2-2009 10:18 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 3-2-2009 07:07 AM
GB knows how to search but play pretend he cannot find the answers to his challenges to the Bible.
At the same time, he never studied his own qurans.
Can he be serious?

well, I can turn the table and say such things to you.

But I don't want to degrade myself to your level of low-mentality.

Besides, my search did not explain to me why is there a difference on the fact between those Bible Versions.

You've joined this thread but you still did not provide even ONE answer.

Looks like you've never studied your own bible.

Can debmey be serious?

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2009 12:13 PM | Show all posts

Reply #33 gunblade712's post

If you want to know what is septuagint.. here is a website i found.... http://www.septuagint.net/

It seems that the writer of the articles uses the King James Version of the Bible (KJV) and neglected the other versions, so I believed that if we are to read and either to understand or to ask questions pertaining the Bible, only the King James Version is accepted, or am I wrong?

Well, you are right in saying that the writer is bias towards the KJV, but just in term of accuracy like in the case of the argument of 22 or 42. But, the rest of the facts in the various version of bible do agree with one another.

Regards

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 3-2-2009 12:34 PM | Show all posts

Balas #36 kompia23\ catat

alright, I'll hover on to that site and check out septuagint.

Bro, they way you say it, sounds like there are contradictions between the versions of the bible.

my post #33 shows just one of the seems-like-contradictions which I've stumbled upon.

How come they got the guts to re-write the bible back and altering the verse in it?

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2009 01:31 PM | Show all posts
well, I can turn the table and say such things to you.

But I don't want to degrade myself to your level of low-mentality.

Your mentality is very low and here's why.

Besides, my search did not explain to me why is there a difference on the fact between those Bible Versions.

There are thousands of differences between Quran translations too? So how can you be questioning differences in Bible translations when you don't question differences between various translation in qurans?

You've joined this thread but you still did not provide even ONE answer.

Looks like you've never studied your own bible.

Can debmey be serious?

I provided lots of explanataions since 2000.
The real problem is, you can't be serious but hypocritical. So why should I bother to provide you with answers when you refused to answer for quran?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-2-2009 01:47 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 3-2-2009 01:31 PM

There are thousands of differences between Quran translations too? Sohow can you be questioning differences in Bible translations when youdon't question differences between various translation in qurans?

whenever there's a "differences" in the Quran's translation, we go back to the original language which is the Arabic language, debmey.

And the "difference" in the Quran's translations are just the difference in the choices of words the translator choose to used to translate an arabic word, NOT A DIFFERENCE IN THE FACTS GIVEN BY THE QURAN.

If you have a normal IQ and above you can see the difference here.

I've given the example on how the difference of FACTS, NOT THE CHOICES OF WORDS, between two (or more) of the Bible's version.

And because of this translation's problem, I've requested that the person who can answer my question to give me the explanations regarding the TRANSLATION problem.

I provided lots of explanataions since 2000.
The real problem is, you can't be serious but hypocritical. So whyshould I bother to provide you with answers when you refused to answerfor quran?

such a shameless person you are, debmey. I'll re-quote my post # 5:

go ahead. no one stops your from asking, right?

but by all means, do it in another thread. You do learn about respect in your schooldays, right?

I take it that you are not here to answer my question regarding those verses above, ok?

scared? Why should I be scared? It seems that you felt vulnerable up toa point that you challenged me even though I am just asking for anexplanations regarding biblical verses AND THIS IS NOT ADDRESSED TO YOUIN THE FIRST PLACE.

Don't worry, I won't mock you if you can't answer this. I'm not like you, you know....

So, go and open a new thread asking about the Quran, and we'll see what we can explain to you, ok? make it clear, though.

since when did I refused to answer your question pertaining the Quran? I've told you that we (referring to my fellow muslim brothers/sisters and I) will try and answer you question accordingly.

besides, if you don't bother to give me the answer even though I've answered your challenge, then why are you even here in my thread?

Clearly shows that you lack knowledge and intellectual personality to talk like a civilized person. I've told the mods that troublemakers like you are not welcomed here, and I believe that the mods know what to do.

p/s still, NOT ONE ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN BY DEBMEY. Seems that he's only here to provoke and not to explain the questions pertaining his own bible.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-2-2009 01:49 PM | Show all posts
I provided lots of explanataions since 2000. - debmey -

debmey, just give me 5 of an explanations given by you pertaining your bible.

please give me the thread's title and (if possible) posting number.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 08:05 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.275470 second(s), 42 queries .