CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3610|Reply: 12

Earth Hour 2009: Jom padam lampu! :)

[Copy link]
Post time 18-3-2009 03:19 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Earth Hour started in 2007 in Sydney, Australia with 2.2 millionhomesand businesses turning their lights off for one whole hour. Only ayearlater and this event had become a global sustainability movementwithup to 100 million people across 35 countries participating.Globallandmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco,Rome抯Colosseum and the Coca Cola billboard in Times Square, all stoodindarkness, as symbols of hope for a cause that grows more urgent bythehour.

In 2009, at 8.30pm on March 28, we are asking peopleacross the world toturn off their lights for one hour atleast and join together increatingthe vital conversation about the future of our precious planet.EarthHour is a message of hope and a message of action. Everyone canmake adifference.

On March 28 you can VOTE EARTH by switching off your lights for one hour.
                                        Or you can vote global warming by leaving your lights on.
                                        Theresults of the election arebeing presented at the Global ClimateChange Conference in Copenhagen2009. We want one billion votes forEarth, to tell world leaders that wehave to take action against globalwarming.

It抯 as simple as a flick of the switch.  Join us for Earth Hour 2009.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-3-2009 04:18 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 jane_doe123's post

Tutup lampu, bukak tv, bukak fridge, bukak pc, bukak mcm2...

Well, this is a good move towards sustainable living. Support!!!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-3-2009 04:19 PM | Show all posts

Reply #2 aku_EnSeM's post

Jommmmm!!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 18-3-2009 04:20 PM | Show all posts

Reply #3 jane_doe123's post

Tp gelap laaaa......

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-3-2009 04:23 PM | Show all posts

Reply #4 aku_EnSeM's post

Bukak TV, takde laaa gelap sangat. Hehehhe...

Use magic Report

Post time 18-3-2009 11:26 PM | Show all posts
Jom ramai2 tutup lmpu....
MAri ramai2 support....
Global warmimg da semakin critical skang ni....

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 19-3-2009 02:02 PM | Show all posts
Yup, please vote!!!

We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children

[ Last edited by  jane_doe123 at 19-3-2009 14:05 ]

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2009 10:02 AM | Show all posts

What is EARTH HOUR ???

Please read, this is form my heart (copy from email forwarded)
P/S: mod, kalau dah ada tlg merge, saya dah cari.. tapi tak ada lagi

Every day, we read, listen, or pass by posters that promotes environmental awareness, and lately, the global warming issues is widely discussed. However, I have heard friends that says, "argh.. there's nothing much we could do, its polutted as it is, and it has been warmed since long time.. there nothing much we could do about it.." or "if I save a few plastics bags, and others dont, there's no point.. so forget it..." Arghh too many negative coments right? Thats shat I heard from poeple around me...
Do you notice the extreme changes of our weather nowadays? It was a spanking bright sunny day in the afternoon, but all of a sudden.. the storm and rain came in the evening .. sounds familiar right? 10 years ago, monsoon are well predicted, and we could easily plan our holiday to the East Coast..but 2-3 years lately.. the monsoon are unpredictable.. this is also veryyy familiar right? And flood.. it flood every where nowadays.. This are all called 'extreme climate change' and it is the result of global warming.
But now, the time has arrive, for us, as a person helped the earth in this global warming issue. Earth hour is a symbol that the whole world could stand up together to save the earth.. many countries has done this last year, 31 March 2008, (you can google about it) and this year, in Malaysia it will happen on the 28th of March, at 8.30 pm - 9.30 pm

About Earth Hour Malaysia
Earth Hour in Malaysia is planned and run by WWF-Malaysia and its partners. We welcome all parties to participate in Earth Hour on the 28th of March 2009 by turning off your lights for one hour from 8.30pm-9.30pm. If you would like to sponsor or be more involved in Earth Hour, contact us at: araj@wwf.org.my or call   +6037803 3772   
What should we do ???
1. On the 28th March 2009, at 8.30 pm, turn off as many lights as possible, and turn off all un neccessary electric items as many as possible, till 9.30 pm
2. Please spread this out to every one you know... please help me do this.. I love our environment.. We are not doing this for us, but also for our children and ancesstors.. we can make it happen, together

How might this help?
1. With every body switching off at the same hour, millions of voltage could be saved.. just google up the figures Bangkok, Sydney and San Francisco saved last year
2. It gives an impact to every one in the whole world, an awareness that if every one take one tiny role, we could save the world.. there'll be no more "if i'm alone in this.. there's nothing much could be done"
3. It shows how much you care for the environment

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-3-2009 10:04 AM | Show all posts
alamak..
sori mod, memang tak perasan ada org dah post topik ni..
tlg delete... please..

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2009 09:33 PM | Show all posts
berapa byk thread laa pasal nie kat board laing pung ade ngak...?

kalo tutup lampu tapi bukak tv, dan segala mcm peti yg ade kat bumi nie bukak (kecuali peti besi   huhuhu...) ade perbedaang ke? rasenya lagi parok pakai letrik adelah kan..!?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-3-2009 08:52 AM | Show all posts
The energy saved by turning off the lights for an hour "won't make an enormous difference."

So, if it won't cut carbon emissions, why bother then with Earth Hour, or Earth Day or Earth Live, last year's daylong concert for the environment?

Because climate change is essentially a political problem, and the language of politics is symbolism. Just because an act is symbolic doesn't mean it empty.

The only way to truly reduce greenhouse gas emissions, to take the pressure off global warming, is an international regime that puts a cap and a price on climate pollution. And the only way that will happen is if politicians around the world become convinced that climate change is an issue that matters to people, one that will make them change the way they live, buy and vote.

Unlike most of the issues that we grapple with, climate change is global. The pressure is on us to do the right thing." If shutting off the lights for an hour on a Saturday night makes that political support, well, visible, then Earth Hour will have been worth it.

Use magic Report

Post time 31-3-2009 11:33 AM | Show all posts
what is the use of this Earth Hour anyway?

Last Saturday, I did turn off my lights at my house, but when I go out to the street, expecting others who could follow the same thing, I have notice that only my house was in the dark, and others were not. There were businessmen, lawyers, students and many more living in thesame block as I was, and their lights were still very much on, showing that they were ignorant, or thought it could be someone else's problem. I believe that the Earth Hour - however noble it could, it could not cut through the deep ignorant that people have.

Malaysians especially have this attitude of "tak pah lah" (never mind). As long as it is not their house which is on fire, they don't care about anyone else's problems.

In the road, they don't care to drive properly - "Tak pah lah" if accident, can report (to the Police) and claim insurance.

In the bank, petrol station or supermarket - "Tak pah lah" if not queued up, no one going to make a sound, and even if they do, just ignore them.

The Earth is warming up and it could lead to disaster - "Tak pah lah" if not caring, as long as nothing happens to my house or my family.

That sort of attitude is strong among Malaysians. You can see it almost everywhere on the country. An attitude of not-caring about how your actions could effect others. As long as Malaysians continue to have this attitudes, nothing will change.

But we cannot blame the people alone. The Government are equally at fault for PROMOTING this attitude. YES - it started with the Government. I remember years ago, a lot of people cared about Nature and the Wild Life. Almost everyday, you could see news on how Environments are been affected, with hope that the Government could do something useful for once. Of course, the Malaysian Government proved itself to be as useless as ever.

All the people's cries over the destructions of Nature felt into deaf's ears. Government put a "drama company" called "Kementerian Alam Sekitar" which was useful to put some jokers inside who will get "gaji buta" (salary without working) every month. Forests are still been chopped away, wild animals still be slaughtered, and people who kept informing the Government to do something, have become disappointed over and over again to the point, many don't care.

Just look at the road nowadays. See how people drive. They don't care whether their attitude in the road will cause accidents to others. Who gives a damn about "Operation Sikap"? For the people, such operations is the Police's methods of taking bribes.

In Malaysia - "Tak Pah lah" attitude is strong. And as long as this attitude remains, nothing will change for the better. ONLY for the worse.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-4-2009 01:08 PM | Show all posts
Speaking of Earth Day, let's see what are the most Eco-friendly Countries on the Planet :

Source : http://www.ecofriendlydaily.com/news/friendly-countries/

1. Switzeland
Thanks in major part to Switzerland抯 tough legislation regarding pollution, they made it to number one on the world抯 most eco-friendly nations. Their long-term plans target cooperation between organizations and individuals. Individual awareness is also a factor, since Switzerland charges for their water and waste management services as well as establishing a sever environmental taxes, promoting personal responsibility. Prevention is a third key tenet, shown by the 2006 development of the Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN), meant to sustain natural resources and develop safety measures for natural hazards.

2. Norway
Norway earns a high spot for being first home to the world抯 largest solar production plant, owned by REC Group.

3. Sweden

4. Finland

5. Costa Rica

6. Austria

7. New Zealand

8. Latvia

9. Colombia

10. France

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 08:26 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 1.078139 second(s), 39 queries .