CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: HangPC2

Caterham F1 Team (1 Malaysia F1 Team)

[Copy link]
Post time 2-12-2009 03:59 PM | Show all posts
ermm..lotus ada tolong gak ke atau takde langung?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 4-12-2009 11:22 AM | Show all posts
Composites in Lotus F1 deal

2009/12/04

LANGKAWI: Composities Technologies Research Malaysia (CTRM) is used to making composite parts for all manner of vehicles, especially aircraft.

But CTRM yesterday entered into a different sort of agreement -- the research and development and manufacture of composite parts for Lotus F1 racing cars.

The deal was signed between CTRM and 1Malaysia Racing Team Sdn Bhd, the parent company of the Lotus F1 racing team.

CTRM chief executive Datuk Rosdi Mahmud and Lotus F1 Racing chief executive Riad Asmat signed for their respective companies at a ceremony witnessed by Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.

1Malaysia Racing Team principal Datuk Seri Tony Fernandes said CTRM was chosen because it had proven that Malaysians "truly have what it takes to be competitive on the world stage".

CTRM yesterday also delivered a refurbished Cessna Caravan 208 to the police and a radar antenna radome to the Royal Malaysian Air Force.

It also engaged in business opportunities with seven of its collaborating partners for various purposes.

- NST -

Use magic Report

Post time 7-12-2009 04:27 PM | Show all posts
Alex Yoong Among Three New Faces To Join Lotus F1 Racing Team

SEPANG, Dec 6 (Bernama) -- Lotus F1 Racing today announced three senior appointments to its team as the Malaysia-based motorsport team gears up for its debut season in the 2010 FIA Formula 1 World Championship.

Motorsports Association of Malaysia (MAM) Chief Operating Officer, Mia Sharizman Ismail was appointed Lotus F1 Racing's Head of Operations (Asia), former Malaysian F1 driver Alex Foong as Head of Driver Development (Asia) alongside United Kingdom-based Litespeed Formula 3 Team Principal Nino Judge as the Head of Driver Development (Europe).

Lotus F1 Racing Team Principal Datuk Seri Tony Fernandes, in a press release here, said: "These new senior appointments will be a great boost for Lotus F1 Racing. The team have achieved many important milestones and we are on track to be on the grid in Bahrain next year."

Mia would oversee selected areas of the team's operations including promotion, nurturing alliances with motorsports bodies in the region, and tasked with studying the team's race operations currently based in United Kingdom with the aim of transferring knowledge and expertise back to Malaysia.

Yoong and Judge will co-host Lotus F1 Racing's driver development programme with the aim of nurturing young drivers programme for future development in Malaysia, Asia and Europe.

Meanwhile, Lotus F1 Chief Executive Officer Riad Asmat said: "The young driver development scheme will play a key role in finding and developing future Malaysian drivers and it is great that Litespeed can play such an important role in that process.

"There is a lot of raw motorsport talent in Malaysia and as the country's national F1 team, it is our responsibility to bring that to the fore.

"We have to encourage more parents to get their children into karting but the most crucial step is a direction and stage for our national karting talent to go next," he said after the launching of MAM Karting Talent Search Programme here on Sunday.

Lotus F1 Racing is operated by 1Malaysia Racing Team Sdn Bhd.

The team are placed 18th and 19th in the full entry list of constructors and drivers announced by Federation of International Automobile (FIA) on Nov 30.

Lotus F1 Racing was announced by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak in September and Lotus F1 Racing will be one of the new teams to FIA Formula 1 World Championship in 2010 season.

Lotus F1 Racing will be flying the Malaysian flag in the championship with full support from the Malaysian government and the team is fully financed by Malaysian entrepreneurs.

-- BERNAMA

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-12-2009 01:27 PM | Show all posts
Lotus F1 Fan Site

http://www.lotusf1racing.my/

Use magic Report

Post time 14-12-2009 02:40 PM | Show all posts
tak sabor nak tunggu rupa keta

Use magic Report

Post time 14-12-2009 02:40 PM | Show all posts
Lotus set to name Trulli and Kovalainen

Lotus are set to name Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen as their two drivers for the 2010 season.

In the process the new Malaysian-backed team have dashed Takuma Sato's hopes of a Formula One comeback with them next year.

"We know Taku has not got Lotus, we found out yesterday," Sato's commercial manager Mathew Winter said. "He has now come off the list."

Lotus F1, run by AirAsia airline entrepreneur Tony Fernandes, are due to announce their driver line-up in Kuala Lumpur on Monday with Italian Trulli (pictured) on pole position for one of the two race seats.

Finland's Kovalainen, replaced by world champion Jenson Button at McLaren, will get the other one, Finnish regional daily Turun Sanomat reported on Sunday.

Sato, who still ranks as Japan's most successful Formula One racer, had been mentioned among those on a shortlist along with Malaysian Fairuz Fauzy who is expected to be test and reserve driver.

Winter said former Jordan and Honda driver Sato, whose last F1 race was with now-defunct Super Aguri last year, was disappointed but had not completely given up hope of a return.

"We don't know what the criteria was (for Lotus)," he explained. "We thought he was a very strong contender, you don't get more Asian than Taku.

"We haven't given up. There are still a few seats open and we are trying to hunt them down," he added "His options are running out so we don't know if he is going to be in Formula One next year."

Sato tested for Toro Rosso last year but that Red Bull-owned team opted instead for Frenchman Sebastien Bourdais, who was then replaced by Jaime Alguersuari.

The Spaniard has yet to be confirmed by the team for 2010, although he is expected to be.

Renault have yet to name a second driver, with the future ownership of the team still to be decided, while late entries Sauber and newcomers US F1 both have two seats to fill.

Manor GP, who will become Virgin Racing next year, are expected to complete their line-up on Tuesday with Brazilian Lucas di Grassi joining Germany's Timo Glock.

Spanish-based newcomers Campos Meta have Brazilian Bruno Senna signed up and have been linked with well-funded Russian Vitaly Petrov and Venezuelan Pastor Maldonado.
Reuters

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 14-12-2009 03:39 PM | Show all posts
trulli mmg dah agak..tapi tak sangka plak heiki

maybe boleh buat yg bagus tuk team lotus

Use magic Report

Post time 14-12-2009 03:40 PM | Show all posts
fairuz fauzy sesekali kena gak race..jgn asyik jadi test driver je memanjang..tak pasal mcm luca badoer plak

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-12-2009 04:36 PM | Show all posts
trulli mmg dah agak..tapi tak sangka plak heiki

maybe boleh buat yg bagus tuk team lotus
weta_studio Post at 14-12-2009 03:39 PM

heiki ni kurang motivation dan keberanian

Use magic Report

Post time 14-12-2009 04:36 PM | Show all posts
fairuz fauzy sesekali kena gak race..jgn asyik jadi test driver je memanjang..tak pasal mcm luca badoer plak
weta_studio Post at 14-12-2009 03:40 PM

badoer tu test driver factory

Use magic Report

Post time 15-12-2009 12:44 PM | Show all posts
Q & A with Tony Fernandes
Monday 14th December 2009

Lotus F1 boss Tony Fernandes talks about his driver line-up and expectations for the coming season...

Q: There has been a lot of speculation recently about the driver line-up. How did you reach your decision?

Tony Fernandes: "Firstly, I would like to say this is an historic day for all us at Lotus F1 Racing as we announce our first driver line-up. We have three drivers who I believe complement each other excellently and who I think represent what Lotus F1 Racing and 1Malaysia is all about.

"That is not to say it was a straight-forward decision because we spoke with other drivers who I rate very highly, but ultimately we have opted for a careful mix of experience, youth and ambition.

"In Jarno we have the F1 veteran who proved in 2009 that he is as quick and determined as ever. In Heikki we have a continuing rising star who is still hungry to prove himself, and in Fairuz we have a Malaysian national driver who is eager to progress up the F1 ladder to fulfill the hopes of a nation. It's the full package if you ask me."

Q: What do you expect from the drivers in 2010?

TF: "It is more a question of what we all expect from each other rather than just from the drivers. 2010 will be the first season for Lotus F1 Racing and we have a lot to achieve in a short space of time.

"As with any new venture, it is a case of 'all hands on deck'. Everybody has a vital role to play but it is about bringing a new team together and gelling. The drivers each bring different experience to the team and I think the combination of their skills will help us quickly establish ourselves as the ones to watch in 2010 and beyond."

Q: Did you ever think you would see two race winning drivers in the team's first season?

TF: "I am still pinching myself. We have not even finished our first race car, so to attract two race winning drivers to the team is a huge achievement and honour. I think it is a testament to our ambition and our long-term vision that we have such talent on our books in year one. It is further proof that we are serious about what we do and I am sure the other new teams are looking at us with some envy right now."

Q: You have also unveiled the new team logo...

TF: "We have thought long and hard about our team brand and logo, and I am very pleased with the end result. F1 aficionados will immediately recognise the classic green and yellow colour of Lotus, but we have given it a modern twist which is essentially what this team is about.

"We are not pretending to be the Lotus of the past, but we are honoured to be able to bring the name back into Formula 1 at the start of a new decade of racing. We will draw on its heritage and use it to inspire and motivate our team, Lotus F1 Racing. I hope everybody likes the logo and enjoys a small glimpse into the livery of our race cars for our first season."

Source: Lotus

sesi soal jawab abang tony

Use magic Report

Post time 16-12-2009 10:24 AM | Show all posts
111# hyphrigian
hope boleh bagi result yg baik utk first season..

tp team ni kena byk lagi improve

Use magic Report

Post time 16-12-2009 10:05 PM | Show all posts
Branson offers drag duel

Richard Branson has challenged Formula One rival Tony Fernandes to a duel - with the loser to work as a stewardess on the winner's airline.

AirAsia's Fernandes, who once worked for Branson's music business, said last week that his new Malaysian-backed Lotus F1 team had to beat Branson's Virgin Racing operation next season.

"Number one we have to be ahead of Branson, otherwise I will retire and kill myself," joked the Malaysian.

Branson, speaking at the launch of his team, suggested a less painful alternative.

"Having come from a music background, I suppose we might be able to choose the music for the funeral," Branson said

"But I like Tony a lot so I hope he doesn't have to kill himself.

"At the same obviously we would like to beat him. Maybe we can think of another challenge. He has an airline, we have an airline and if we beat him he can come and work on our airline as a Virgin stewardess.

"We will make sure that the stewardess outfit is perfect. I suspect that he might ask us to reciprocate.

"I'll have to check how fetching his stewardess outfits are but I'd be game to do it while totally confident of winning."

Branson and Fernandes join Force India's Vijay Mallya, who controls the Kingfisher airline, as a trio of aviation entrepreneurs challenging the established players in the skies and on the Formula One starting grid.

"It's a very friendly personal rivalry," Branson said. "And it's fun.

"What I discovered last year (as sponsor of Brawn) is that there are a billion people that watch Formula One and the people that watch it are fanatical.

"For us to be involved in Formula One is good for the brand. Formula One is a sexy beast and we are going to try and make it a little bit sexier.

"We love supporting an underdog but we like that underdog to have some pretty good qualities."
Reuters

Use magic Report

Post time 16-12-2009 10:08 PM | Show all posts
Lotus F1 boss rises to Branson challenge

Lotus F1 principal Tony Fernandes has risen to Richard Branson's challenge for the loser of the two Formula One team owners next season to serve as a stewardess on the winner's airline.

Fernandes, the founder and CEO of AirAsia, said last week that his new Malaysian-backed team had to finish ahead of Branson's Virgin Racing "otherwise I will retire and kill myself."

Branson replied at the presentation of his team on Tuesday by suggesting a less painful solution.

"He has an airline, we have an airline and if we beat him he can come and work on our airline as a Virgin stewardess," he said, adding that he would be "game to do it" if Virgin finished behind Lotus.

"Bring it on, the sexier the better," Fernandes told the Lotus team website (www.lotusf1racing.my) on Wednesday, beneath a mocked up photograph of Branson in an AirAsia outfit.

"It's quite fitting, don't you think? Our passengers will be delighted to be served by a Knight of the Realm," he added.

"But, knowing Richard, the real challenge will be to prevent him from asking our guests 'coffee, tea or me?' That would be scary."

Use magic Report

Post time 17-12-2009 11:44 AM | Show all posts
camner la tony yg kalah pakai baju stewardess

Use magic Report

Post time 17-12-2009 03:12 PM | Show all posts
camner la tony yg kalah pakai baju stewardess
weta_studio Post at 17-12-2009 11:44 AM

stewardess yang tak tahan tu

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-12-2009 10:38 AM | Show all posts
116# ShadowChaser
itu la pasal..at least meriah skit musim depan

off topic jap..hebat gak idea virgin team ni..nak develop kereta tak perlu test wind tunnel..cuma guna bantuan CGI je

Use magic Report

Post time 21-12-2009 12:39 PM | Show all posts
116# ShadowChaser
itu la pasal..at least meriah skit musim depan

off topic jap..hebat gak idea virgin team ni..nak develop kereta tak perlu test wind tunnel..cuma guna bantuan CGI je
weta_studio Post at 21-12-2009 10:38 AM

aku rasa resalt lebey kurang je, semua nya tak guna

selama ni pun pakai wind tunnel 2, 3 bijik cam bmw pun aerodynamic tak guna jugak

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2009 07:27 PM | Show all posts
Lotus not shying away from pressure

Lotus's Chief Technical Officer Mike Gascoyne says his team is not shying away from the pressure of bringing the legendary name back into Formula 1.

Lotus will be one of four new teams in the 2010 season, as the historic brand returns to Formula 1 for the first time since the 1994 season.

Gascoyne admits it is inevitable to feel pressure carrying the Lotus name.

"You can't bring the Lotus name back into F1 without pressure - from Group Lotus and all the fans," Gascoyne told the official Formula 1 website.

"And that's how it should be - we don't shy away from it. And on a personal level, as a guy who grew up just down the road and went to school a few miles from the Lotus factory, to be bringing the name back is something that has a very personal feel for me.

"As Formula 1 is changing and becoming less of a spending competition, hopefully now it's more about innovative engineering. And that's what (original Lotus founder) Colin Chapman's philosophy always was, so if we can bring some success that would be a fantastic result.

"How quickly can we become competitive? A small, efficient operation has to look at doing so in three to five years, and that's our aim."

The Briton says the challenge of building a team from scratch is daunting, but claims there are clear benefits to it.

"I think after my last two jobs it became pretty clear that no one wanted to employ me, so I thought I'd better set up my own team," he said. "This is obviously a unique challenge, because it's setting up a whole team from scratch, not just the car, and it's a team that has the Lotus name. It's a daunting task, but the advantages are clear.

"We haven't got any baggage to deal with and we can set the team up to operate in a lean and efficient manner. On the Lotus side, as a Norfolk boy who grew up in the area and went to school around here, to bring back the Lotus name is a fantastic opportunity."

Gascoyne, who left the Toyota team in 2006, said he was delighted by the interest he has attracted with the team, despite his reputation as a controversial leader.

"I don't think I have a confrontational approach, but I am very straightforward and I say what I believe. At Toyota, the direction I wanted it to go technically wasn't where the management wanted, and that's fine, it's their choice, so we went our separate ways.

"You could say the consequences of their decisions weren't necessarily that great. One of the great things here is the number of people coming on board who want to work with me.

"At Jordan, Renault and even Toyota I built some very strong teams. And that was resented at Toyota because the management didn't see that as the way to go, and it's nice that a lot of those people are coming over to Norfolk now."

Use magic Report

Post time 23-12-2009 09:50 AM | Show all posts
"At Jordan, Renault and even Toyota I built some very strong teams. And that was resented at Toyota because the management didn't see that as the way to go, and it's nice that a lot of those people are coming over to Norfolk now."

strong team??toyota adalah team yg gagal dalam F1

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 01:06 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 1.268343 second(s), 39 queries .