ADVERTISEMENT

Author: whitedove

Japanese Entertainment News & Info HERE! [part IV]

Close [Copy link]
 Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:25 PM | Show all posts
Tamaki-Aota-Ishihara love triangle goes public

Thursday 13th May, 05:00 AM JST

TOKYO —

Singer Koji Tamaki, 51, this week went public about his relationship with Noriko Aota, 42, and his feelings for ex-girlfriend Mari Ishihara, 46. Speaking on Fuji Television, Tamaki said his relationship with Ishihara ended a long time ago and that he is focused on his newly-revealed relationship with Aota.

Ishihara has objected on her blog, though, writing that things aren’t that firmly decided between her and Tamaki. She wrote that she was shocked to learn that Tamaki was dating his new love with the intention to marry her.

Tamaki said of Ishihara’s reaction: “I have no idea what she’s talking about, really. It ended a long time ago.”

After learning of Tamaki’s new relationship, Ishihara posted on her blog May 9, “I’m shocked to find out that Koji has jumped into something like this even though, below the surface, we haven’t finished discussing what happens between us.”

Source: www.japantoday.com

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:25 PM | Show all posts
Sugimoto cheers on Aota in game of love

Thursday 13th May, 01:00 PM JST

TOKYO —

Sultry actress Aya Sugimoto, 41, was in fine form at a promotional event Wednesday for the upcoming John Travolta film “From Paris With Love,” which opens in theaters on Saturday.

Touching upon the movie’s theme of “What happens when life’s trigger is pulled,” Sugimoto said with a smile: “I think the trigger to total pleasure in my life has been pulled.”

Sugimoto said that she was surprised when she learned of the developing relationship between her close friend Noriko Aota and singer Koji Tamaki. “When two hearts are connected, they’re not bound by our social systems [like marriage],” she said in support.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:26 PM | Show all posts
The Pillows USA Tour

May 12, 2010 by J!-ENT

The pillows are returning to the USA for two shows in California next week! They are playing May 21st @ Slim’s in San Francisco, and May 23rd @ the GLASSHOUSE in Pamona. The opening acts are noodles, monokuro, and POP CHOCOLAT. All tickets, merch, and general info can be found here:

http://www.delicious-label.com/dbs2010/DBS2010_TOP.html

Source: www.nt2099.com/J-ENT

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:27 PM | Show all posts
Kotomi Ban enters motherhood
Wed, May 12, 2010 (10:18am EDT)

Idol and talento Kotomi Ban (27) is now a mother. She happily announced on her blog that she gave birth to her first son on Tuesday afternoon.

Ban has been married since 2008 to former volleyball player Shinya Chiba (32), who retired from the sport last October due to injury.

Source: www.tokyograph.com

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:28 PM | Show all posts
Charts: AAA and Komuro on top
Wed, May 12, 2010 (10:47am EDT)

"Aitai Riyuu / Dream After Dream ~Yume Kara Sameta Yume~," the new single from AAA composed by Tetsuya Komuro, edged out a #1 victory on the sales charts this week. This is their second #1 single (the first was "MIRAGE" in 2008). For Komuro as a composer, this is his 43rd, though the last one was the 2001 Ayumi Hamasaki and KEIKO collaboration "a song is born."

The single sold 46,000 copies, narrowly beating the 45,000 copies sold by Ikimono Gakari's "Arigatou." Idol group Momoiro Clover achieved #3 with their first major label release, "Ikuze! Kaitou Shoujo," while former AKB48 member Mai Oshima landed at #7 with her first solo single, "Mendokusai Aijou."

On the album charts, Hideaki Tokunaga's "VOCALIST 4" sold 62,000 copies to stay at #1 for the third straight week. Only one new album made it into the top ten - "Best Collection" by My Little Lover.

Meanwhile, Mr.Children's latest live DVD outsold "Avatar" to top the DVD sales charts, giving them their 7th consecutive #1 DVD. This ties them for the current record with Arashi and KAT-TUN.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:29 PM | Show all posts
Kyozo Nagatsuka victim of theft
Wed, May 12, 2010 (11:25am EDT)

Actor Kyozo Nagatsuka (64) was one of multiple victims in a mass theft that took place last month, it has been learned.

According to police, someone broke into the twenty cars that were parked on a single floor of a Tokyo hotel parking garage, between 2:30am and 3:30am on April 30. One of the vehicles was stolen, while the other 19 had broken windows, with approximately 1.63 million yen worth of items stolen.

Nagatsuka's car was one of the 19 remaining vehicles. He lost about 6,500 yen worth of items, including a plush toy.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:29 PM | Show all posts
Nanako Matsushima to star in "Ghost" remake
Wed, May 12, 2010 (11:57am EDT)

Jerry Zucker's hit 1990 film "Ghost," starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore, is reportedly getting an Asian remake. Swayze and Moore are being replaced by Korean actor Song Seung Hun (33) and Japanese actress Nanako Matsushima (36), with the story taking place in Japan.

In the original "Ghost," Swayze played an investment banker who is killed but remains on Earth as a ghost. He learns that his death was planned, and he must contact his lover (Moore) in order to warn her of further danger.

The remake has been assigned to NTV director Taro Otani ("Gokusen," "Zeni Geba"). Paramount Pictures Japan and Shochiku will jointly distribute the film, which is scheduled to start shooting in June. Release is planned for this fall.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:30 PM | Show all posts
Tsumabuki, Matsuyama co-star in new Nobuhiro Yamashita film
Wed, May 12, 2010 (7:22pm EDT)

Satoshi Tsumabuki (29) and Kenichi Matsuyama (25) will co-star in a new movie from director Nobuhiro Yamashita ("Linda Linda Linda," "Tennen Kokekko").

Titled "My Back Page," the story is set around the time of the 1969 student protests at Tokyo University. It is based on the experiences of critic Saburo Kawamoto, who was a newspaper reporter at the time of the protests. Tsumabuki will play a journalist named Sawada, while Matsuyama will play a left-wing student named Umeyama.

The supporting cast includes Shiori Kutsuna (17) as a model who appears on the cover of Sawada's magazine, Anna Ishibashi (17) as Umeyama's girlfriend, Keishi Nagatsuka (35), Tomokazu Miura (58), and Aoi Nakamura (19). Filming starts on the 16th, with a release date set for sometime in 2011.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:31 PM | Show all posts
Mona Yamamoto prefers her boyfriend to a diamond

Friday 14th May, 03:00 AM JST

TOKYO —

Television announcer and presenter Mona Yamamoto has been signed up to endorse Hong Kong jewelry brand 3D-Gold.

At a promotional event, Yamamoto, who returned to the showbiz world from a hiatus following a highly-publicized affair with Yomiuri Giants player Tomohiro Nioka, wore a 10 million yen jewel provided by 3D-Gold.

“I hope my boyfriend gives me a wedding ring someday, but he’s much more magnificent than any diamond,” she gushed.

Yamamoto, like most other celebrities this week, was asked what she thought about Noriko Aota who is in a relationship with Anzen Chitai lead singer Koji Tamaki, both popular entertainment stars from the economic bubble era.

“I was really surprised to hear the news,” Yamamoto said. “But they seem to have a very passionate relationship, and I think that suits her.”

When prompted to give some advice for Aota, Yamamoto said, “She’s had a lot of boyfriends, so I don’t really have any advice. I just wish her happiness.”

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:32 PM | Show all posts
Jaywalk Singer Gets Suspended Drug Sentence

May 13, 2010

Jaywalk vocalist Nakamura Kouichi (59, photo foreground) was handed a 2-year prison sentence, suspended for four years at the Tokyo District Court yesterday. The singer was arrested last month when Tokyo Metropolitan police found a small amount of "kakuseizai," or stimulant drugs, in his parked car in Nishi Azabu. They later found quantities of marijuana and cocaine and drug paraphernalia when they searched his home. In handing down his sentence yesterday, the judge said, "You continued your drug use in spite of the growing social condemnation of the drug problem in the entertainment business. I want you to ensure that you never again betray the people who have found solace and courage in your music." Nakamura replied simply, "I understand" and bowed deeply.

He later spoke briefly with reporters and offered an apology to his supporters and fans. "For the sake of the band and my dear family, I will do my utmost to be able to sing once again in front of those who have loved Jaywalk." he plans to enter rehabilitation for a couple of months before living in Nagoya with his common-law wife, talento Yano Kiyomi (48).

One of Japan's premier rock bands, Jaywalk debuted in 1981 and had their first major hit with "Nanimo Ienai - Natsu" in 1991. That single sold 1.8 million copies, earning the band an appearance on NHK's annual "Kohaku Uta Gassen" New Year's Eve concert. They have remained active over the last two decades and released their latest single, "Sora to Kumo noyouni," in February. Nakamura was previously arrested in 2007 for having an army knife in his car, in violation of the Firearm Control Law.

You the Rock Imprisoned

Meanwhile, musician You the Rock was given an 8-month prison sentence at the Yokohama District Court yesterday. He was arrested for marijuana possession in February. As he previously received a suspended sentence in 2005, the judge decided that prison time was called for. During the hearing, he said he planned to quit showbiz and was undergoing ascetic practice at a Buddhist temple in Nagano City.

Source: www.japan-zone.com

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:33 PM | Show all posts
Life of AV star Mihiro being made into movie
Thu, May 13, 2010 (7:43pm EDT)

The life of popular adult actress Mihiro (27) is being turned into a movie, based on her autobiographical novel "nude," published last year. Actress Naoko Watanabe (25) will lead the cast, taking on her first starring role.

Watanabe plays the young woman Hiromi, who graduates from high school and leaves her home in the countryside to go to Tokyo. In order to make her dream of becoming an actress come true, she starts out in adult films under the name Mihiro.

Naturally, the film will contain nude scenes. Watanabe, who made her acting debut about five years ago, previously did a hair-nude scene in the 2007 movie "Silk."

The movie announcement comes just before Mihiro's reported retirement from the AV world next month. Filming for "nude" will start on May 17, and release is planned for September. Yuichi Onuma is directing.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:36 PM | Show all posts
Higashiyama to star in "medical mystery" drama
Thu, May 13, 2010 (9:21am EDT)

Shonentai member Noriyuki Higashiyama (43) is starring in a TBS drama series this summer. The currently untitled show will have a mystery touch, with Higashiyama playing the part of an unusual doctor.

Higashiyama plays the brilliant but comical Dr. Goto, who takes on the challenge of analyzing patients with undiagnosed illnesses and determining their conditions. However, he avoids even touching his patients due to his extreme phobia of germs, and he has no interest in women.

http://asiacue.com/images/persons/t/Tabe,%20Mikako_image.jpeg

His supporting cast includes Mikako Tabe (21), Kanjani8's Tadayoshi Okura (24), Eiko Koike (29), Hisashi Yoshizawa (31), Norito Yashima (39), and Shinya Owada (62). TBS will broadcast the show on Sundays at 9:00pm, starting in July.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:38 PM | Show all posts
Yoshitaka stars in drama series "Mioka"
Thu, May 13, 2010 (10:26am EDT)

Young actress Yuriko Yoshitaka (21) has landed her first starring role in a network television drama series. She will play the lead in NTV's "Mioka," based on a novel by author Ira Ishida.

Yoshitaka plays a university student named Mioka who has an incurable illness. The show depicts her "final love" with fellow student Taichi (Kento Hayashi) as well as her life at home with her mother (Miki Maya) and other family members.

The show begins shooting in early June, but will premiere sometime in July. NTV has scheduled it for Saturday nights at 9:00pm.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:40 PM | Show all posts
Sadao Watanabe, Yosuke Yamashita to teach jazz at Tokyo college

TOKYO —

Noted jazz musicians including saxophonist Sadao Watanabe, widely known as Nabesada, and pianist Yosuke Yamashita will teach during a new special course on jazz from the academic year beginning next April at Kunitachi College of Music in western Tokyo.

The 77-year-old Watanabe said in a recent press conference he hopes to ‘‘strengthen the Japanese rhythm section,’’ while the 68-year-old Yamashita, a Kunitachi graduate, said at least one person from each graduating class has become a jazz musician even though classical music was primarily taught in his days there.

Pianist Makoto Ozone, 49, who will be the chief professor of the course, said, ‘‘We hope to bring professional musicians into the world.’‘

The new course will accept three students in each of six instruments such as piano and bass, according to the college.

Kunitachi College of Music, originally founded in 1926 and recognized as a music college in 1950, currently has such courses as instruments, composing and music teaching.

It has produced a number of musicians such as Joe Hisaishi.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:44 PM | Show all posts
Maki Nishiyama on the hunt for 'green' guys

Saturday 15th May, 03:00 AM JST

TOKYO —

Model Maki Nishiyama, 24, appeared together with ex-pro kick boxer Masato, 31, at the “I-ro-ha-su Kankyo Symposium 2010” environmental awareness event held at Tokyo Midtown this week.

When asked what type of guy she likes, Nishiyama said men who are aware about environmental issues definitely strike a chord with her. “I can respect a guy like that. When I look for a guy, it depends how eco-conscious he is.”

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:45 PM | Show all posts
Kanno laments lack of encounters with eligible bachelors during travels

Sunday 16th May, 05:25 AM JST

TOKYO —

Actress Miho Kanno, a travel enthusiast, expressed her disappointment recently at rarely meeting eligible bachelors on her travels despite her expectations.

‘‘I go on a trip with the expectation of meeting someone but merely end up finding no one. I’m always curious about who is in my vicinity on an airplane but…’’ Kanno said, during a promotional event for the film ‘‘Permanent Nobara’’ (Wide Rose) in which she stars.

But veteran actress Mari Natsuki, Kanno’s co-star in the new love film, said she was unhappy to see many younger women taking part in events and activities aimed at finding a man to marry.

‘‘I cannot help thinking that you shouldn’t have to do special activities (to find the right one). The right time to marry should differ from person to person,’’ Natsuki said.

Natsuki and Kanno play mother and daughter at a hair salon in the film written by manga comic artist Rieko Saibara.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:45 PM | Show all posts
Takeshi to appear for 1st time on 'Detective! Knight Scoop'

Monday 17th May, 04:31 AM JST

OSAKA —

Actor and comedian Beat Takeshi will be appearing as an adviser on the Osaka ABC TV series “Detective! Knight Scoop” which will air May 28. He recently went to Osaka to film the segment with comedian Seiki Nagahara and actor Toshiyuki Nishida, who directs the show.

Takeshi, who was in Osaka doing PR for his latest movie “Outrage,” which opens June 12, said he is a big fan of the show. In the program, which has been on the air weekly for 20 years, viewers send in requests on how to deal with difficult issues and the guests—usually comedians—suggest solutions.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:47 PM | Show all posts
Mitamura Kunihiko Another Late Bloomer

May 17, 2010

Actor Mitamura Kunihiko (56, photo left) is the latest celebrity in his 50s to show that romance can bloom late in showbiz life. He announced yesterday that he and a 30-year-old ippanjin from Kyoto registered their marriage on Saturday after a five-year relationship. She formerly worked for a TV production company in Osaka but now lives with Mitamura in Tokyo. Without wanting to sound cynical, the marriage announcement was timed to coincide with Mitamura's recording of his first new single in 16 years. He married actress Nakayama Mari (62) in 1979 after they had appeared together in his movie debut. But they separated in 1996 following his affair with actress Takahashi Kaori (34) in 1996, and divorced in 1999.

Mitamura follows in the footsteps of actor Ishida Junichi (56) and talento Moto Fuyuki (59) who got married recently. Singer Tamaki Koji (51) also announced a romance with a former pin-up girl last week.

X Japan's Yoshiki at Chicago Anime Fest

X Japan leader Yoshiki was a surprise guest at the Anime Central in Chicago 2010 event yesterday (photo right). He spoke about the rock band's upcoming shows in Yokohama and their eagerly awaited appearance at Lollapalooza in August. The band are scheduled to play on August 8, the last day of the festival, two acts before headliners Soundgarden. Their setlist includes the first performance of the new song "Born to Be Free." A week later, they'll head home to play two shows for 150,000 fans at the Nissan Stadium in Yokohama.

Source: www.japan-zone.com

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-5-2010 05:48 PM | Show all posts
ANIME CENTRAL TO PRESENT WORLD PREMIERE OF “YOSHIKI HISTORY THROUGH X JAPAN”

May 14, 2010 by J!-ENT

HOLLYWOOD, CA (May 13, 2010) – Anime Central is excited to present the world
premiere of “YOSHIKI history through X JAPAN”. We are honored that Yoshiki
chose Anime Central’s fans as the first to view his new works.

The film will debut on Saturday, May 15, 2010, during the Anime Central
Masquerade intermission.  Anime Central is proud and excited that Yoshiki
will personally introduce the films via video chat.  We recommend that the
attendees arrive early for this unique experience.

X-Japan is performing in the US this year as part of Lollapalooza, and hopes
that everyone can join them in Chicago on August 8, 2010.

Source: www.nt2099.com/J-ENT

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-5-2010 03:09 PM | Show all posts
Maki Horikita to play Joan of Arc
Fri, May 14, 2010 (10:13pm EDT)

Actress Maki Horikita (21) will appear in her first stage play this fall, taking on the role of the French heroine Joan of Arc. Akira Shirai will produce the play, titled "Jeanne d'Arc."

The play follows the life of the young girl who led the French army to multiple victories during the Hundred Years' War, and was later burned at the stake at the age of 19. Hideaki Ito (34) has also been cast in the production as Charles VII.

"Jeanne d'Arc" will be performed at the Akasaka ACT Theater in Tokyo from November 30 to December 19.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-3-2024 09:18 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.457048 second(s), 41 queries .