Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: whitedove

Japanese Entertainment News & Info HERE! [part IV]

Close [Copy link]
 Author| Post time 26-5-2010 04:53 PM | Show all posts
Charts: Another #1 for KAT-TUN
Wed, May 19, 2010 (10:21am EDT)

KAT-TUN achieved their 12th consecutive #1 single this week, selling over 230,000 copies of their new song "Going!" This continues their streak starting from their debut single four years ago, and ties them once again with fellow boy band NEWS.

VAMPS charted at #2 with their latest single, just slightly ahead of Ketsumeishi. The fictional anime band Girls Dead Monster ranked #4. The rest of the top ten included other new releases from FUNKY MONKEY BABYS (#6), Choshinsung (#9), and Erina Mano (#10).

On the album charts, Hideaki Tokunaga's "VOCALIST 4" kept its #1 spot for a fourth straight week with an additional 37,000 in sales. At #2 was Suga Shikao, who now has his 13th consecutive top-ten album. This sets a new record for "consecutive top-ten albums starting with an artist's first album," surpassing Yutaka Ozaki, who achieved 12 of them before his sudden death.

Mariko Takahashi (#5) and Tiara (#10) also charted on the top ten with their new albums.

Source: www.tokyograph.com

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 26-5-2010 04:53 PM | Show all posts
"Kiseki" ranks #1 in royalties for 2009
Wed, May 19, 2010 (10:34am EDT)

JASRAC has announced the results of its latest annual report on music royalty payments, which includes internet distribution and karaoke machines. In 2009, total royalties once again dropped, this time sliding 3.1% to about 109.5 billion yen.

GReeeeN's 2008 hit "Kiseki" ended up at #1, climbing from #3 the previous year. EXILE's "Ti Amo" was #2. The popularity of the new "Neon Genesis Evangelion" movies pushed Yoko Takahashi's "A Cruel Angel's Thesis" up to #3, followed by the anime's background music. The background music for "Gake no Ue no Ponyo" rounded out the top five, while the theme song for that movie ranked #9.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-5-2010 04:54 PM | Show all posts
D-BOYS' Araki co-stars with AKB48's Kikuchi, Nakagawa in suspense film
Wed, May 19, 2010 (10:58am EDT)

D-BOYS member Hirofumi Araki (26) will star in a new movie with AKB48 members Ayaka Kikuchi (16) and Haruka Nakagawa (18). The film is titled "X Game" (read as "Batsu Game") and is based on the suspense novel of the same name by writer Yusuke Yamada.

The book has sold more than half a million copies so far. In the story, a college student named Hideaki (played by Araki) attends a class reunion, and soon strange events begin happening around him, including a teacher's suicide and the discovery of a body of a missing classmate. It all seems to trace back to a former classmate who was bullied and is now seeking revenge.

Kikuchi will play the part of Hideaki's girlfriend Rikako, while Nakagawa has been cast as Hideaki's first love from his elementary school days. Other cast members include Shingo Tsurumi (45) and Kazuyuki Aijima (48).

"X Game" is being directed by Yohei Fukuda. Theatrical release is planned for fall 2010.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-5-2010 04:59 PM | Show all posts
SMAP's Shingo Katori to Eat up Popular Dishes of a Restaurant

Shingo Katori, the member of SMAP, will make his first appearance on the TV show "Moshimono Simulation Variety Otameshika!", and will join the battle of the popular section "Zenbu Aterumade Kaerema Ten ~Karaoke Chapter~"

In the show, he will be asked to keep on eating until he guesses the Top 10 popular dishes from the menu. Katori, who has been watched the show for a while, believes there is no food he can't eat and he is very confident with his own stomach as well "because it's awfully big" And he said: "It's finally coming! It's the time for me to make fully use of my body. I have been experienced various situation in acting and concerts. So it's the day made for my body!", "I will make the right guess so quick that is not long enough for a TV show and leave the location!" He will be costarred with the entertainers who are familiar with the restaurant and the MC Taka and Toshi in the show, aiming to win 1 million yen award.

Source: http://www.musicjapanplus.jp/new ... id=4650&start=1

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-5-2010 05:00 PM | Show all posts
Princess Tenko recounts memories of Michael Jackson

Friday 21st May, 03:58 AM JST

TOKYO —

Illusionist Princess Tenko recounted her memories of U.S. pop star and her one-time co-performer Michael Jackson this week, including the surprise she had when she discovered he used felt pens for his makeup.

‘‘He had many pens and even asked if I wanted to use one for myself,’’ Tenko said during the opening ceremony for an exhibition in Tokyo featuring some 120 memorial items belonging to Jackson, who died June 25 last year.

‘‘He was special and entertaining,’’ Tenko said, recalling that he was interested in making ice cream using hippo’s saliva and had asked if she liked the idea.

The event ‘‘MJ46 Keep on Loving’’ displays half of the items during the first period through Sunday and the remaining half between May 24 and 31 at Tokyo’s upscale Roppongi Hills complex.

Some of the exhibits will be also made public in Chatan, Okinawa Prefecture, from May 25 to 30 and in Nagoya from June 5 to 8.

Source: www.japantoday.com

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-5-2010 05:06 PM | Show all posts

A couple of popular actresses are putting messy marriages behind them and focusing on their careers. Yada Akiko (31, photo left) and actor Sakaguchi Kenji (34, photo right) were at the Fuji TV studios in Odaiba, Tokyo yesterday to promote their upcoming detective drama special. "Keiji, Narusawa - Tokyo Tero Shijosaiyaku no 24-jikan" features the pair as detectives who have 24 hours to save 13 million Tokyo residents from a terrorist bomb threat. Sakaguchi said he studied Bruce Willis in the "Die Hard" series for hints on how to portray a tough but injured detective realistically. The drama will air on May 29.

Yada's public appearance was her first in four years, during which time she married, had a son with, and then divorced actor Oshio Manabu (32). She also watched as he was arrested on drug charges and in connection with the death of a Ginza hostess.

Source: www.japan-zone.com

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 26-5-2010 05:07 PM | Show all posts
Erika Gets Back to Work

Actress Sawajiri Erika (24) will perform her new song "Treasure" on Saturday, as she also makes a formal return to work. In her first professional engagement since the recent media attention around her divorce plans, she will appear at the "GirlsAward2010" fashion event in Tokyo. "Treasure," a dance track produced by Japanese house production duo Studio Apartment, has English lyrics and is dedicated to Sawajiri's brother, who is getting married on Sunday. It will be available for free download from her official website between May 22-31.

Sawajiri has had a rough couple of years in terms of her career, and after her marriage to hypermedia creator Takashiro Tsuyoshi (45) at the end of 2008, she seemed to be focused elsewhere. But the last couple of months have seen her announce a comeback to the Japanese showbiz scene and her intention to divorce Takashiro.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-5-2010 04:35 PM | Show all posts

A couple of popular actresses are putting messy marriages behind them and focusing on their careers. Yada Akiko (31, photo left) and actor Sakaguchi Kenji (34, photo right) were at the Fuji TV studios in Odaiba, Tokyo yesterday to promote their upcoming detective drama special. "Keiji, Narusawa - Tokyo Tero Shijosaiyaku no 24-jikan" features the pair as detectives who have 24 hours to save 13 million Tokyo residents from a terrorist bomb threat. Sakaguchi said he studied Bruce Willis in the "Die Hard" series for hints on how to portray a tough but injured detective realistically. The drama will air on May 29.

Yada's public appearance was her first in four years, during which time she married, had a son with, and then divorced actor Oshio Manabu (32). She also watched as he was arrested on drug charges and in connection with the death of a Ginza hostess.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 31-5-2010 04:36 PM | Show all posts
Erika Gets Back to Work

Actress Sawajiri Erika (24) will perform her new song "Treasure" on Saturday, as she also makes a formal return to work. In her first professional engagement since the recent media attention around her divorce plans, she will appear at the "GirlsAward2010" fashion event in Tokyo. "Treasure," a dance track produced by Japanese house production duo Studio Apartment, has English lyrics and is dedicated to Sawajiri's brother, who is getting married on Sunday. It will be available for free download from her official website between May 22-31.

Sawajiri has had a rough couple of years in terms of her career, and after her marriage to hypermedia creator Takashiro Tsuyoshi (45) at the end of 2008, she seemed to be focused elsewhere. But the last couple of months have seen her announce a comeback to the Japanese showbiz scene and her intention to divorce Takashiro.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-5-2010 04:39 PM | Show all posts
Mirai Moriyama leads "Moteki" drama adaptation
Thu, May 20, 2010 (6:58pm EDT)

Mirai Moriyama (25) will star in a live-action drama series based on Mitsuro Kubo's manga "Moteki." This is his first drama role since getting married earlier this year.

Moriyama plays a temp worker who has never had any luck with women. One day, he suddenly starts getting invitations from several beautiful women, and he finds himself confused about how to deal with this new experience of having a "moteki" (a period when one is very popular and attractive to others).

http://asiacue.com/images/persons/m/Matsumoto,%20Rio_image.jpeg
http://frillr.com/files/images/Rinko%20Kikuchi,%20stars%20in%20Chanel%27s%20cruise%202008%20campaign.preview.jpg

The women interested in Moriyama are being played by Maho Nonami (29), Hikari Mitsushima (24), Rio Matsumoto (27), and Rinko Kikuchi (29). The cast also includes Hirofumi Arai (31) and Lily Franky (46).

"Moteki" will be aired by TV Tokyo in the "Drama 24" time slot (Friday nights at 12:12am), starting on July 16.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-5-2010 04:42 PM | Show all posts
Macross Frontier's Megumi Nakajima, May'n to perform at Anime Expo
Thu, May 20, 2010 (7:11pm EDT)

This year's Anime Expo convention has revealed two more musical guests - Macross Frontier singers Megumi Nakajima and May'n. The two sing as the characters Ranka Lee and Sheryl Nome, respectively.

They will hold a concert together at the Nokia Theater on July 2, which will feature both duet and solo performances. A "mystery guest" is also expected to join them on stage. In addition to the concert, Nakajima and May'n will participate in panels and autograph sessions.

Anime Expo is being held July 1-4 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-5-2010 04:46 PM | Show all posts
Tomoya Nagase stars in new Kudokan drama
Wed, May 19, 2010 (7:10pm EDT)

TOKIO's Tomoya Nagase (31) is once again teaming up with screenwriter Kankuro Kudo (39) for a new drama series this summer. This will be their third one together, after "Ikebukuro West Gate Park" (2000) and "Tiger & Dragon" (2005).

Titled "Unubore Deka" ("Conceited Detective"), the show is an original comedy about an unusual detective (Nagase) who has a habit of falling in love with every female suspect, and his conceit leads him to believe that they are also in love with him. When he finds evidence of their crimes, he confronts them with an arrest warrant and a marriage proposal at the same time, giving them a choice between the two. Although his actual name will apparently not be mentioned during the show, he is known to everyone as "Unubore" for his conceit.

TBS says that they are lining up big-name actresses to play the guest role of the suspect for each episode. The network also hinted that there's even a case where the guest will be a male actor.

The regular supporting cast features Toma Ikuta (25) as an actor who is Unubore's friend, Mika Nakashima (27) as Unubore's ex-girlfriend, and Toshiyuki Nishida (62) as Unubore's father. The detective frequents a bar where he and a group of acquaintances are known as the "Unubore 5," consisting of Nagase, Ikuta, Jun Kaname (29), Ken Yahagi (38), and Mitsugoro Bando (54).

"Unubore Deka" will air on Friday nights at 10:00pm, starting in July.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-5-2010 04:50 PM | Show all posts
Akiko Yada makes comeback in 'Die Hard'-type drama

Saturday 22nd May, 06:00 AM JST

TOKYO —

Actress Akiko Yada this week made her first public performance in four years, joining actor Kenji Sakaguchi, 34, in Odaiba for the preview screening of their Fuji Television special drama, “Keiji Narusawa Ryo: Tokyo Terror, Shijo Saiaku no 24jikan” (Detective Ryo Narusawa: Tokyo Terror: The Worst 24 Hours in History).

The show follows a tough detective, played by Sawaguchi, and his partner, a female detective played by Yada, on a 24-hour mission to stop a terror plot that threatens the lives of Tokyo’s 13 million citizens.

Sakaguchi took pride in the hard work he put into his action-packed role, explaining, “I performed the part with the image of a zombie in my head. For the injuries, I studied Bruce Willis in the ‘Die Hard’ movies and tried to make it as realistic as I could.”

Yada, 31, who had dropped out of sight since her divorce from ex-actor Manabu Oshio last August, was greeted with cheers and calls of “Yada-san!” as she appeared on stage. “I really pulled myself together and gave it all I could,” she said. “The shoot was only 13 days, but every one of those days was really jam-packed.”

The drama will begin airing May 29 at 9 p.m. on Fuji TV.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-5-2010 04:54 PM | Show all posts
Actress Lin prefers funny man as travel companion

Sunday 23rd May, 05:48 AM JST

TOKYO —

Taiwanese actress Lin Chi-ling, recently named as a promoter of a Tokyo-based travel agency, said she likes going on trips with men who are entertaining. ‘‘I’d like to go on a trip and relax, as I’ve been very busy,’’ Lin, wearing a blue mini dress, told an event in Tokyo. ‘‘I want to go to Europe with my family.’‘

Lin, 35, also spoke in fluent Japanese about the sort of man she prefers, saying, ‘‘In daily life I like a man who is serious and nice to his parents. When traveling, I prefer an active man who has a sense of humor.’‘

Lin has been appearing in the Japanese TV drama ‘‘Tsuki no Koibito’’ (Moon Lovers) together with actor Takuya Kimura.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-5-2010 04:59 PM | Show all posts
'Shibuya gals' try oyster farming

Monday 24th May, 05:01 AM JST

MORIOKA —

One of the women who made a media splash last year by growing rice in Akita Prefecture with their “Shibuya gal” look has moved on — to oyster farming in Iwate Prefecture. Lie, 25, a fashion model for a “gal” magazine, and two others started oyster farming this week near the city of Kamaishi.

Her project is dubbed “Ugyaru” — a combination of “uo” (fish) and “gyaru”(girls). The project is similar to the earlier “Nogyaru” project, a portmanteau of “nogyo” (agriculture) and “gyaru.”

“See you guys later! Grow until you get delicious!” Lie said as she lowered a string of oysters into the water.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-5-2010 05:03 PM | Show all posts
Erika Sawajiri attends brother's wedding

Monday 24th May, 11:08 AM JST

TOKYO —

Actress-singer Erika Sawajiri, 24, appeared in a glamorous get-up at her older brother’s wedding reception on Sunday, after her sizzling comeback performance during the Girls Award 2010 fashion event in Yoyogi, Tokyo, on Saturday night.

Wearing an electric pink dress and a pink shawl, Sawajiri entered the reception waving and smiling. She said her hit song, “Treasure,” which she performed at the Girls Award, was a tribute to her older brother.

Sawajiri’s soon-to-be ex-husband, Tsuyoshi Takashiro, 45, did not attend the reception.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 31-5-2010 05:08 PM | Show all posts
Tamaki heating things up with Noriko Aota

Tuesday 25th May, 03:00 AM JST

TOKYO —

Anzen Chitai vocalist Koji Tamaki, 51, and “talent” Noriko Aota, 42, appeared together in front of the media on Sunday for the first time since it was discovered the two had become an item. Aota was accompanying Tamaki on his trip to Taiwan where Anzen Chitai will kick off their Asian tour.

Holding each other’s hands, the pair announced they were not legally married but said: “We’re living together and having sex.”

On the same day, Tamaki’s ex, actress Mari Ishihara, 46, posted on her blog a declaration that the two had separated.

A few days prior, Tamaki had said on a television program that, “Mari used to say that I would just sing for her. But there’s no way we could be together.”

Regarding the comment, Ishihara wrote, “I helped him with his mind, his heart, his life, his soul and his songs. In such a position, I don’t think I could say something like ‘He’s just singing for me.’”

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-5-2010 05:12 PM | Show all posts
Yahoo to auction rights to photograph Riyo Mori for charity

Tuesday 25th May, 02:45 PM JST

TOKYO —

The rights to photograph Miss Universe 2007, Rie Mori, 23, will be auctioned off on Yahoo! Japan to raise money for charity. Mori is a goodwill ambassador for the charity “BEYOND THE BORDER PROJECT” for Doctors Without Borders.

Bids for the auction close at 10 a.m. on May 30.

Mori said: “I am honored to be able to participate in this action. I am moved by the words ‘Lives cannot be saved with only medical care,’ and it made me realize that the feeling to want to help can save people. I would like as many people as possible to realize that.”

Details of the photo shoot will be decided on by Mori and the successful bidder. Asked what she would do if the bidder requests a swimsuit shot, Mori said with a smile, “I’ll think about it at the time.”

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-5-2010 05:18 PM | Show all posts
Kekkon Ka! Toshi Ties the Knot

Comedian Toshi (33, photo right) recently married his high school sweetheart, it was announced yesterday. He and his new bride have been living together since they moved down to Tokyo from Hokkaido in 2002, and they finally tied the knot on May 7. Described as a 33-year-old ippanjin, she is said to have worked in the apparel business to support Toshi's dream of making it in showbiz. He did that as one half of the duo Taka and Toshi, who are now regulars on the variety TV circuit.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-5-2010 05:30 PM | Show all posts
Mori Masako Out of Hospital

May 25, 2010

Singer Mori Masako (51) underwent surgery earlier this month to have her womb removed, it was announced yesterday. She had been suffering severe menopausal disorders for the last few years and was diagnosed with uterine myoma and adenomyosis. After the operation, she suffered from internal bleeding and had to undergo further surgery. After a period of rehabilitation, she was released from the Tokyo hospital yesterday. She said through a spokesperson, "I hope I can be a source of strength to other people who are suffering from the same condition."

She will get back to work on June 1, when she is due to record the TV Tokyo music show "Nihon Zenkoku kayo Data Show." She will perform two songs, "Kanashimi Honsen Nihonkai" and "Kodomo-tachi no Sakura." A week later, she will appear on a live NHK music show.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 07:14 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.390332 second(s), 39 queries .