ADVERTISEMENT

Author: katt

LEE BYUNG HUN 이병헌

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 7-6-2014 01:45 PM | Show all posts

March 24, 2014

South Korean 'major' Lotte brings heavyweight lineup to HK market

by Nemo Kim Variety

SEOUL — Lotte Entertainment may be South Korea’s number two film company, but it hates to be overshadowed by market leader CJ Entertainment.

The company has no lack of ambition or resources. It is part of a huge conglomerate that ranges from department stores and home shopping, through to international cinema management, film finance and production. Global singing sensation, Psy brought his “Gangnam Style” performance to Lotte’s 2012 Busan party – in the company’s own five star hotel!

With its 2014 FilMart slate, Lotte hopes to justify its billing as a major force in international film sales.

Its line-up at the Hong Kong event is headed by “The Fatal Encounter,” a period epic directed by Lee Jae-kyoo, a star TV drama producer (“The King 2 Hearts,” “Beethoven Virus”) and starring Hyun Bin. “Encounter” is Lee’s first feature as director, but given the Asia-wide popularity of Korean TV series, Lotte is counting on his TV track record to deliver audiences and rights sales inside Korea and out.

Lotte is also pitching another period epic in “Memories of the Sword,” with superstar Lee Byung-hun (“Masquerade,” “G.I. Joe”) and top actress Jeon Do-yeon (“Untold Scandal,” “The Housemaid”.) Directed by Park Heung-shik, who worked with Jeon in 1998 in “The Harmonium of My Memory”, the star-studded cast as well as the unusual setting of Goryeo Period, rather than the more familiar Choseon dynasty, has stirred interest in Korea.

The casting of Kim Go-eun of “The Muse” is an interesting counterpoint to the two more established talents. Kim also stars in “Monster,” a thriller that is also in the company’s FilMart lineup.

With both “Encounter” and “Sword” in post-production, buyers will have to be content with promo screenings at FilMart.

“We have not achieved our desired results lately, but we are confident that these large-scale period epics, with their star casts and talented directors, will turn things around,” said Eun-hye Byeon, senior manager of international sales at Lotte. “Our line-ups were rather limited in terms of genre up until now, but we have a much broader range on offer in Hong Kong. We expect this year’s FilMart to be the setting for a relaunch of Lotte.”

Around the corner, Lotte has two more expected blockbusters. “Pirates,” a period epic set during the Choseon dynasty and directed by Lee Seok-hoon, has particular resonance in Hong Kong this week – its star Kim Nam-gil, was named as rising star talent by the Asian Film Awards Academy on Sunday. The pic will get a promo screening at Cannes.

And in the second half of the year Lotte will debut “Tazza 2,” its long-awaited sequel to 2006 hit gangster action movie “Tazza: The High Rollers.”

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 7-6-2014 01:49 PM | Show all posts

April 3, 2014

LEE Byung-hun Boards New TERMINATOR Film
Korean Star Expands Reach into Hollywood

by Pierce Conran KOFIC

Korean superstar lee Byung-hun continues his march into Hollywood with a fresh offer to star in the fifth installment of the Terminator franchise. Titled Terminator: Genesis, the film will feature Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney and Jason Clarke as franchise characters Sarah Connor, Kyle Reese and John Connor, as well as Arnold Schwarzenegger, who will reprise his T-800 role. Lee’s character is being kept under wraps but The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that it is a ‘key role’ and that ‘it promises to be a doozy.’

Star of local hits such as A Bittersweet Life (2005) and Masquerade (2012), Lee has been making inroads into Hollywood ever since G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra in 2009. Last year he appeared in G.I. Joe: Retaliation and RED 2. Lee will next be seen in the local period blockbuster Memories of the Sword, alongside his Harmonium in my Memory (1999) co-star Jeon Do-yeon and up-and-comer Kim Go-eun.

Terminator: Genesis will also star J.K. Simmons, Dayo Okeniyi, Michael Gladis and Sandrine Holt. The film will be produced by Skydance and Paramount. James Cameroon’s first Terminator was released in 1984

More news compilation at
http://everythinglbh.com/entry_view.php?id=4096
http://everythinglbh.com/entry_view.php?id=4098
http://everythinglbh.com/entry_view.php?id=4099

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-6-2014 01:51 PM | Show all posts

April 6, 2014

Korean stars grace Hollywood movies
A record number of actors will play major roles in US blockbusters

By Park Si-soo The Korea Times

Ha Ji-won, from left, Lee Byung-hun and Soo Hyun. Including them, a growing number of Korean actors have been given the opportunity to play with global movie stars in Hollywood films this year. / Korea Times files

Are Korean actors increasingly wanted in Hollywood, or is it a sheer coincidence that a record number of them will have the opportunity to feature in Hollywood films this year?

So far five Korean actors — Lee Byung-hun, Choi Min-sik, Jung Ji-hoon, Bae Doo-na, Soo Hyun — are set to play in a Hollywood movie or are awaiting the release of their film.

Lee Byung-hun is set to appear in Hollywood blockbuster “Terminator: Genesis,” in which he will perform with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Clarke and Emilia Clarke among others. He will leave for the United States later this month to start shooting in early May, according to his management agency BH Entertainment. It’s unclear what role he will play, but rumor has it that it will be something of a “doozy.”

The fifth sequel of the famous sci-fi action flick “The Terminator,” released in 1984, is Lee’s fourth casting in a Hollywood film, after “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” (2009), “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” (2013) and “RED 2” (2013).

His upcoming casting was announced last Tuesday, roughly one month after actress Kim Soo-hyun was confirmed to be acting in another Hollywood blockbuster “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” which is currently being filmed in Korea. Her exact role in the film is unknown, but an unidentified Marvel official was quoted as saying in a report that Kim may be playing a doctor with connections to Ultron, who is tasked with Tony Stark’s (Iron Man) medical care.

Choi Min-sik

It’s a “substantial” supporting role that is more than just a background character, said the official.

Veteran actor Choi Min-sik, known for his acclaimed role in “Oldboy,” performed with Hollywood star Scarlett Johansson, Morgan Freeman and Analeigh Tipton in renowned French director Luc Besson’s science fiction movie “Lucy.” The film’s trailer made its online debut last Thursday, in which Choi portrays a mid-level manager of a drug trafficking syndicate in Taiwan who chases the protagonist “Lucy” played by Johansson. The film will hit domestic theaters in August.

K-pop singer and actor Jung Ji-hoon, better known as Rain, recently completed filming of his second Hollywood movie “The Prince.” He made his Hollywood debut in 2008 in “Speed Racer.” In the new film, he plays alongside Bruce Willis, John Cusack and Jason Patric. “The Prince” is expected to be released at the end of the year.

Actress Bae Doo-na’s second Hollywood film “Jupiter Ascending” will be released in July. The first American film she appeared in was “Cloud Atlas” (2012), a sci-fi epic in which she appeared along with such major Hollywood stars as Tom Hanks and Halle Berry. Both films were directed by renowned American sibling director duo Andy and Lana Wachowski.

Challengers

Actress Ha Ji-won is expected to enter the American film scene in the near future. In August last year, she signed a contract with the United Talent Agency (UTA) that represents Johnny Depp, Harrison Ford, Gwenyth Paltrow, and other A-list Hollywood actors. It was the first time that a Korean actor signed with the agency.

Her UTA representatives are said to be eyeing international roles in films and TV as well as digital media and endorsements for the actress known for roles on both the big and small screens, including the internationally popular Korean TV drama “Secret Garden,” period drama “Hwang Jini” and big-budget monster flick “Sector 7.” They are also looking into Korea-U.S. co-productions.

Actor Ha Jung-woo has openly said that he will go to Hollywood with his own work. He played a leading role in several hit films such as “The Terror Live” (2013), “The Yellow Sea” (2010) and “The Chaser” (2008), and made his directorial debut with the comedy film “Fasten Your Seatbelt” in 2013.

“While watching a film directed by a Korean, ‘Snowpiercer,’ which employs Hollywood staff, I thought there is no reason to wait any longer,” Ha was quoted as saying in an interview published by movie magazine “Max Movie” last October. “So I plan to go to Hollywood with my own work, although it wouldn’t be as big-scale as ‘Snowpiercer,’ with my own style.”

Ha went on, “I’m already collaborating with a production company in Hollywood. A script writer is working on a script with me as the main character of a movie.”

He said, “Instead of a rushed collaboration, I plan to make an independent American movie using American staff and actors. My plan is to make a movie that would sell in the United States.” He cited “Juno” (2007) and “District 9” (2009) as successful models.

English matters

Film experts say that the ability to speak English fluently is the common factor among those who recently landed Hollywood roles.

“It’s still uncomfortable for me to speak in English. But I try to improve it through trial and error,” said Lee Byung-hun during a TV interview last July. He is said to have improved his English proficiency through private tutoring and casual conversation with English-speaking foreign friends.

Jung Ji-hoon is widely known to have learned English from actor Lee Bum-soo’s wife Lee Yoon-jin, a professional Korean-English interpreter.

“I started teaching him (Rain) with his U.S. debut only 100 days away,” interpreter Lee said. “Back then he did not have enough time to learn English step by step. So my teaching was focused on how to deliver ‘key messages’ in English during interviews there. Actually there is no problem catching a speaker’s key message with only a couple of words or sentences.”

Bae Doo-na seems to be another trial-and-error English learner like actor Lee. “I acted in ‘Cloud Atlas’ with English that I learned during my high school years,” Bae said in an interview last year. “I managed to film my scenes through countless trial-and-error. Many of those who watched the movie think I’m a fluent English speaker, but that’s really not the case. I still feel uncomfortable speaking in English.”

Following the production, she stayed in London for six months to learn English, according to her management agency.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-6-2014 01:55 PM | Show all posts
Edited by katt at 30-3-2018 12:45 PM

April 14, 2006

42nd Baeksang Awards Nominations [+Winners]

Source: twitchfilm.net

The Baeksang Arts Awards have always been one of the most important Awards ceremonies in Korean Cinema (and TV), ever since their beginning in the mid 60s. Although not as 'fair' as the Busan Film Critics' Association Awards, or the Critics Association, they're a little less influenced by behind the scenes politics compared to the other big two (Grand Bell and Blue Dragon), as their choices in nominees and winners every year show. This year will probably be no different, as the show will present its winners on April 14 (live on SBS), for its 42nd Edition. The nominees have already been announced, and here's the list, along with a few comments and predictions.

---FILM SECTION---

================
Daesang - Film
================

Lee Joon-Ik
The King and The Clown
, director

COMMENT: The Daesang (lit. Big Prize) is the most important prize of the night, similar to that 'Star of the Year' award I gave in my year end lists (only difference being that this award is worth something, obviously). Predictable, but deserved choice. Lee woke up Chungmuro completely thanks to his triumph, which is ending its box office run on April 27, around the 12.3 Million tickets. Congratulations.

================
Best Film
================

- Blossom Again, Dir. Jung Ji-Woo
- The King and The Clown, Dir. Lee Joon-Ik
- Sympathy For Lady Vengeance, Dir. Park Chan-Wook
- Blood Rain, dir. Kim Dae-Seung
- Duelist, dir. Lee Myung-Se

WHO SHOULD WIN: Of course I'm partial to Duelist, but a Sympathy For Lady Vengeance win would have me smiling anyway
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: 12+ Million tickets, incredibly positive word of mouth and tons of acclaim from the press for many reasons says The King and The Clown
WINNER: Blood Rain

COMMENT: Of course this will be one of the most controversial choices, but it's not the first time (and probably not the last either) that Baeksang chooses something surprising. Still, like I wrote in the comments, I liked a lot all these films. I just didn't expect this to win, but the film won a lot of respect in the industry for its great script and production values, good (but not great) directing and a good cast.

==================
Best Director
==================

- Kim Ji-Woon, A Bittersweet Life
- Park Jin-Pyo, You're My Sunshine
- 1Park Chan-Wook, Sympathy For Lady Vengeance
- Lee Myung-Se, Duelist
- Lee Joon-Ik, The King and The Clown

WHO SHOULD WIN: Park Chan-Wook or Lee Myung-Se
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Park Chan-Wook
WINNER: Lee Myung-Se

COMMENT: One of the few 'smile on my face' moments of the night. All top notch works, but frankly I think what Lee did with Duelist is more important than all the others' achievements, however great they are.

==================
Best New Director
==================

- Kim Dae-Woo), Forbidden Quest
- Kim Sung-Soo, Running Wild
- Park Gwang-Hyun, Welcome To Dongmakgol
- Bang Eun-Jin, Princess Aurora
- Yoon Jong-Bin, The Unforgiven

WHO SHOULD WIN: Park Gwang-Hyun
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Park Gwang-Hyun
WINNER: Kim Dae-Woo

COMMENT: Slightly controversial, but still a good pick. The film was well received by critics and did well at the box office.

==========================
Best Leading Actor
==========================

- Park Hae-Il, Rules of Dating
- Lee Byung-Heon), A Bittersweet Life
- Jung Jin-Young, The King and The Clown
- Cha Seung-Won, Blood Rain
- Hwang Jung-Min, You're My Sunshine

WHO SHOULD WIN: Hwang Jung-Min
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Jung Jin-Young
WINNER: Lee Byung-Heon

COMMENT: This was more a case of personal taste, so anyone could have won. Happy Lee took the prize though, he deserves all the acclaim.

===========================
Best Leading Actress
===========================

- Kang Hye-Jung, Rules of Dating
- Eom Jung-Hwa, Princess Aurora
- Lee Young-Ae, Sympathy For Lady Vengeance
- Jang Jin-Young, Blue Swallow
- Jeon Do-Yeon, You're My Sunshine

WHO SHOULD WIN: Jang Jin-Young
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Lee Young-Ae or Jeon Do-Yeon
WINNER: Lee Young-Ae

COMMENT: Again, mostly personal taste. Personally I think a lot of Lee Young-Ae's transformation goes back to the way Park Chan-Wook wrapped the film around her past image and tried to destroy it, but it's a great performance nonetheless. Still, Jang Jin-Young (and even Jeon Do-Yeon) deserved this a little more.

Thanks to midnight sun

Presenting with Uhm Jung Hwa

From JSA to the Baeksang's best!

April 15, 2006

A dazzling Lee Byung Hun amid the black suited stars!
Source: innolife.net, translated by Hyc

The stars fashion show!

The 42nd Baeksang Arts Awards opened with a grand finale, and the stars were presenting the audience with a fashion show of their own. The actors were not outshone by the actresses.

The 42nd Baeksang Awards Best Actor winner Lee Byung Hun in pearl white coat and shirt seemed to brilliantly dazzle in the midst of the black suits.

© Innolife & Digital YTN & Joynews24 & NEWSIS

]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-6-2014 01:20 PM | Show all posts

Thanks to the fan-highlight at LBH DC <3

Top 10 Celebrity CF Endorsers April 2014

Although LBH is at #9 for the April top endorsers, it says a lot when Byunghun-ssi doesn't really have that many endorsements compared to other popular celebs. Perhaps, because of his commitments abroad, Nescafe and VEGA are rotating the CFs without him. But we'll sure to see BH with more cool endorsements knowing that he's always one of the top 10.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-6-2014 01:21 PM | Show all posts

May 30, 2014

Lee Byung-hun wins Asia Pacific Screen Award

By Lee Kyung-min The Korea Times

Lee Byung-hun, named best actor at the 2013 Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSA), will be given his award in a belated ceremony at the Australian Embassy on the 18th floor of the Kyobo building in Gwanghwamun, central Seoul, on June 3.

The 2013 APSA ceremony was held in Brisbane, Australia in December last year, but Lee couldn't attend because of his filming schedule. This event is being organized by the Australian Embassy, and APSA Executive Chairman Michael Hawkins will attend to celebrate Lee's work.

Lee will be appointed as one of the members of the "APSA Academy," along with other noted actors, actresses and directors.

Cannes's Best Actress winner Jeon Do-yeon for her work in "Secret Sunshine", and its director, former Culture Minister Lee Chang-dong, are among other Korean members of the Academy.

The film star won the award for his 2012 role in "Masquerade," which also won in 15 categories in the Daejong Film Awards in October 2012. The movie is about Prince Kwanhhae during the Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910)

After "Masquerade," he landed leading roles in two Hollywood movies. In "Red: the Legend," he played Han Cho-bae along with Hollywood big names Bruce Willis, Anthony Hopkins, Catherine Zeta-Jones, John Malkovich, and Helen Mirren.

Also in "G.I. Joe: Retaliation," he played Storm Shadow, and was one of the main characters along with Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson. In his new movie, "Terminator: Genesis," he will play a T-1000 liquid robot, formerly portrayed by Robert Patrick in "Terminator 2: Judgment Day," according to Lee's agency BH Entertainment.

Lee, 45, married starlet Lee Min-jung, 33, August last year.

The Queensland-based APSA was established in 2007 with the support of UNESCO and FIAPF (International Federation of Film Producers Associations).

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 10-6-2014 01:31 PM | Show all posts

May 27, 2014

Lee Byung Hun at the 50th Baeksang Awards

Source: Nate ++ captures credit as stated

Lee Byung Hun looks slick in a classic tuxedo by Lord and Tailor.

Korea′s top stars walked the red carpet at the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards, held at Kyung Hee University′s Grand Peace Palace on May 27.

'Baeksang or currently known PaekSang Arts Awards' is one of the greatest arts awards in Korea and has been held annually since 1965 for the development of Korean pop culture and to award talented people.

This year, well-known favorite star Lee Byung Hun (multiple Baeksang Best Actor for All In, A Bittersweet Life, IRIS & a grand prize/Daesang for I Saw The Devil) have been selected to deliver the opening speech to the 50th edition of Baeksang Arts Awards.

Full compilation at http://everythinglbh.com/entry_view.php?id=4134

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-6-2014 02:16 PM | Show all posts

May 28, 2014

Byung-hun Lee Will Play Robert Patrick's T-1000 In Terminator: Genesis

by Billy Fletcher Movie Cricket.com

Three of the iconic roles in the Terminator franchise are taken. Has a fourth been identified for Terminator: Genesis?

Sarah Connor, John Connor and Kyle Reese are all cast in the Terminator: Genesis revival, with Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke and Jai Courtney playing the roles respectively. Not to mention the returning Arnold Schwarzenegger as the T-800. Now however we may have our T-1000. We can only hope for a Robert Patrick cameo…

Byung-hun Lee (G.I Joe: Retaliation) is said to have a key role in the movie, and according to a leaked source on Reddit revealing the potential castings, Lee is set to play the T-1000. Robert Patrick’s evil Terminator could morph into the shape of any object, so it makes sense that his appearance could change slightly. We do still hope for a cameo form Robert Patrick though.

Several members of the cast are yet to have their roles announced, including Matt Smith (Doctor Who, Lost River), Dayo Okeniyi (The Hunger Games) J.K. Simmons (Spider-Man), Michael Gladis (Mad Men) and Sandrine Holt (House of Cards). Note the favouritism towards TV stars, including Emilia Clarke. Is this due to budget or perhaps due to these people being genuine rising stars?

Terminator: Genesis is set for a July 1st 2015 release. The film is directed by Alan Taylor.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 10-6-2014 02:19 PM | Show all posts

June 3, 2014

Korean actor Lee Byung-hun inducted into Asia Pacific Screen Academy

Source: AsiaOne

South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun has belatedly received the 2013 Asia Pacific Screen Award (APSA) for Best Performance by an Actor for his dual performance in the 2012 historical film Masquerade.

The G.I. Joe: Retaliation and RED 2 star missed last year's ceremony due to work commitments.

Chairman of the Brisbane-based APSA Michael Hawkins presented Lee with his award at an event at the Australian Embassy in Seoul, where the 43-year-old actor was also inducted into the Asia Pacific Screen Academy.

Hawkins said: "We value the opportunity to honour Mr Lee in his home country, which is a key player in the Asia Pacific region and produces high quality films which are very well represented in competition at APSA every year."

It was the first APSA award for Lee, who plays a king and acrobat in Masquerade, the fourth highest-grossing South Korean film of all time. It raked in more than US$80 million (S$100.5 million) in box office earnings.

South Korean films have clinched 14 individual awards at the APSA over the past seven years.

The APSA is held annually in Brisbane. This year's Awards will take place on December 11, a month after the city hosts the 2014 G20 Leaders' Summit.

huizhen@sph.com.sg

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-6-2014 02:21 PM | Show all posts

BEST ACTOR at 7th ASIA PACIFIC SCREEN AWARDS

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-6-2014 02:24 PM | Show all posts

Copied from EverythingLBH.com

June 5, 2014

Our thanks to lbhfanhk-LBH soompi for this wonderful info l Source: LBH Baidu

Lee Byung Hun in now on Weibo

The link is: http://www.weibo.com/leebyunghun0712
For his first posts, BH mentioned about the APSA award and he said 'Hi!" to everyone

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-6-2014 02:25 PM | Show all posts

June 10, 2014

A Double Win for Lee Byung-hun from APSA
MASQUERADE Wins Lee Best Actor for the King and the Acrobat

by June KIM KOBIZ

The Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSA), established in 2008, celebrates excellence in film in Asia Pacific region. Prolific films and individuals are selected every year to be recognized for their work. The award categories include Best Feature Film, Best Animated Feature Film, Best Children’s Feature Film, Best Documentary Feature film, Achievement in Directing, Best Screenplay, Achievement in Cinematography, Best Performance by an Actress, Best Performance by an Actor, and Screen International Jury Grand Prize.

The last APSA took place in Brisbane City Hall at the end of last year on December 12th, but due to filming schedule, LEE Byung-Hun was not able to attend the ceremony. Producer of Masquerade (2012), WON Dong-yeon attended in his place and LEE was awarded for the Best Performance by an Actor category.

LEE was honored with the award this month at the Australian Embassy in Seoul by International Jury member Kim Tae-yong with APSA Chairman Michael Hawkins.

Lee Byung-hun has received this award – his first APSA win – for his two starring roles, as a king and acrobat, in Masquerade,” said Hawkins. “Over the past seven years, more than 100 Korean films have competed at APSA, winning 14 individual awards.”

Also for the handover at the Australian Embassy, APSA Academy members LEE Choon-yun, KIM Dong-ho, and KIM Hong-joon were in attendance.

The 8th Asia Pacific Screen Awards will be held on Thursday 11 December this year will be presented by Treasury Casino & Hotel and will be held in Brisbane’s City Hall.

Last edited by katt on 10-6-2014 02:26 PM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-6-2014 02:27 PM | Show all posts

Source: Lee Byung Hun via weibo

Thanks APSA for the award!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-6-2014 02:28 PM | Show all posts

June 11, 2014

THE INSIDERS Confirm Lee Byung-hun and Cho Seung-woo
Another Yoon Tae-ho's Webtoon-based Film Following MOSS

by Tae Sang-joon KOBIZ

CHO Seung-woo (Tazza: The High Rollers, 2006) has been confirmed to star in The Insiders, said Showbox/Mediaplex Inc. on June 6th. CHO will be cast as a public prosecutor who works against corrupt politicians.

Director of Man of Vendetta (2010) WOO Min-ho will be taking the speakerphone for The Insiders which is based on a webtoon by YOON Tae-ho. The work will dissect the corruption within Korean society.

CHO will play the heroic public prosecutor named WOO Jang-hoon who will fight against the politicians who demand law to be bent for their benefit. CHO has received critical acclaim not only through film and TV series, but also from the world of musicals. It is his first feature in two years following The Peachtree (2012). A gang member with political power, AHN Sang-goo, will be played by LEE Byung-hun. The chemistry between the two actors is highly anticipated. The Insiders will crank in during this summer and will release in theatres early 2015.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-6-2014 04:26 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-6-2014 02:25 PM | Show all posts

Published on June 10, 2014 by ARIRANG KPOP

On Scene

The 50th Paeksang Arts Awards is a fantastic festival and a party for all the stars. It's an awards ceremony which selects the best celebrities in broadcasting and films, so many stars were present. And Showbiz Korea was there to capture the stars. Let's check it out right now.

Showbiz Korea - THE PAEKSANG ARTS AWARDS

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 12-6-2014 02:27 PM | Show all posts

Published on June 10, 2014 by ARIRANG KPOP

Showbiz Korea

LEE BYUNG-HUN & CHO SEUNG-WOO CAST IN A NEW MOVIE

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-6-2014 03:14 PM | Show all posts

June 13, 2014

Lee Byung Hun Receives 'Culture Diplomacy Award' from Asia Society

Mwave Newsen Jung Ji Won Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Lee Byung Hun won the ‘Culture Diplomacy Award’ at Asia Society’s Korea Center Global Board of Directors VIP banquet on June 11.

Asia Society is a non-profit non-partisan organization established in 1956 by John D. Rockefeller III and it strives to build awareness of Asian politics, business, education, arts and culture through education to foster understanding and strengthen relationships between individuals and leadership in organizations.

Asia Society selects global leaders in each field annually in recognition of their achievement and the ‘Culture Diplomacy Award’ that Lee Byung Hun received this year has been previously given to Jet Li, Halle Berry, David Henry Hwang, Alice Waters and Ryu Hyun Jin.

The banquet that took place on June 11 was attended by Asia Society’s members of board of directors, such as Ronnie Chen, Henrietta H. Fore and more.

Upon receiving the award, Lee Byung Hun said, “I will do my best to show the best performances as an actor and contribute to spread knowledge about Korea as a Korean actor.”

Meanwhile, Lee Byung Hun will start filming The Insiders in July.

Photo credit: BH Entertainment

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-6-2014 12:28 AM | Show all posts

June 15, 2014

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-6-2014 01:08 AM | Show all posts
2014.06.17 South Korea vs Russia

Thanks to the fan-highlight & capture from LBH DC <3

Source: Naver, thanks to mistymorning for the translated gist

Lee Byung Hun's message to the South Korean soccer team on their first match against Russia:

The day is coming when you can show how hard you have prepared and worked, wishing that you will do your best without injury.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

8-5-2024 08:18 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.075588 second(s), 41 queries .