CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2134|Reply: 2

boredpanda - I Photographed Ilulissat Icefjord, A Surreal Place In Greenland Surrounded By Countless Icebergs

[Copy link]
Post time 21-12-2021 09:31 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Communitymember

I come from the land of Nomads. Born in the Russian Far East and raised in Southern Kazakhstan, I became a nomad myself. I am immensely grateful to have the opportunity to travel the world and capture its Nature and people through photography.

I’ve been going to Greenland for years, and one of my favorite towns to visit is Ilulissat, famous for its surreal landscapes, where small colorful houses are surrounded by countless icebergs.

There is one area there that I find particularly attractive – Ilulissat Icefjord. In the summertime, I love coming there at around midnight, sitting down with a thermos full of hot coffee and listening to the icebergs calving while they are making their way into the ocean.

Allow me to share my amazement with this place through the images below.

More info: Instagram

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 21-12-2021 09:31 PM | Show all posts
Greenland’s Ilulissat Icefjord

Located on the west coast of Greenland, 250 km north of the Arctic Circle, it is a tidal fjord covered with floating brash and massive ice

Sermeq Kujalleq is also one of the fastest moving (40 m per day) and most active glaciers in the world

Icebergs breaking from the glacier are often so large – up to a kilometer (3,300 ft) in height – that they are too tall to float down the fjord and lie stuck on the bottom of its shallower areas

Surreal colours of Midnight Sun in Ilulissat Icefjord

Larger icebergs typically do not melt until they reach 40-45 degrees north – further south than the United Kingdom and level with New York City

The Icefjord at around 1am in summertime

Whales are often seen feeding in the area

Moon rising over “parked” icebergs

Sermeq Kujalleq is a very productive glacier

Ilulissat Icefjord is a UNESCO World Heritage Site

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 21-12-2021 11:31 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Spektrum warna dlm sume gambo yg ada bulan cantik....hehehehe

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 06:27 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.151946 second(s), 32 queries .