Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2566|Reply: 7

The New BMW X3

[Copy link]
Post time 5-9-2010 04:52 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Post Last Edit by zzcbr at 5-9-2010 18:40

The wraps have come off thesecond-generation BMW X3. Yes, there are no great changes on the visualfront, though with a length of 4648mm it has swollen rather close tothe size of the original X5. A little perplexing in a world focused ondownsizing, perhaps…

Most changes have taken placeunder-the-skin, the old car’s rather dated interior dropped for afresher design, which sits more cohesively with the rest of BMW’s morerecent efforts. The influence of the latest 5-series is most clearlyevident, chiefly in the steering wheel and the large ‘joystick’sprouting from the transmission tunnel.   

The lever itself isscrewed - in more expensive models - to perhaps one of the largestmechanical changes to the new car; the eight-speed automatictransmission, which is standard on high-end six-cylinder petrol models,and optional on the 2-litre diesel four-pot.

BMW claims thatthe taller cruising gears at the top of the ‘box contribute to reducedfuel consumption, emissions and noise levels when driving - with thenew auto being seen as central to the EfficentDynamics concept. (Seemore on this clever new auto gearbox in the tech box below).

Asfar as engines are concerned, the new X3 will be available from launchwith a 181bhp 2-litre four-cylinder diesel (mated as standard to amanual gearbox) which majors on efficiency, offering CO2 emissions of149g/km and 50mpg fuel consumption.

The one that interests usmost, though, is the xDrive35i, with the same cracking engine as theBMW 335i, boasting 302bhp and 295lb ft and a 0-62mph time of 5.7sec. Itgets the trick eight-speed auto as standard.

As far astechnical highlights are concerned, a quick dig into the options listoffers up an Electronic Damping Control system, which tweaks steeringassistance, gearshift speed, suspension firmness and throttle response.

Thenewest electronic gizmo available on the X3 is the enticing PerformanceControl feature, which allows 80 per cent of the available torque toslide to the rear wheels under a steady throttle. The BMW system alsobrakes inside wheels and sends power to the outer under cornering, toresist understeer and provide a more neutral feeling.  

Pricesare yet to be disclosed, will likely kick off at around £30k, a smallrise over the outgoing car. The new BMW X3 will be unveiled publicly atthe Paris motor show in October.

bila nak masuk showroom ni...dah tak sabar nak sambar sebijik dua

artikel teman cilok dari web evo.uk

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 5-9-2010 04:53 PM | Show all posts
layan gambo aje lah dulu

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2010 04:57 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by zzcbr at 5-9-2010 18:03

ikut pandangan aku...rear looks of the new BMW X3 ni nampak sgt cun, jauh berbeza dgn first generation X3, yg mana nampak cam terkemut sikitTapi lampu depan tu ada sikit kureng cun

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2010 05:04 PM | Show all posts
interior...

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2010 05:14 PM | Show all posts
i like siggy habang zek
very the makan dalam utk non ori

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2010 05:35 PM | Show all posts
i like siggy habang zek
very the makan dalam utk non ori
aurelia Post at 5-9-2010 06:14 PM

aurelia...i cadangkan you bubuh siggy ni...... Say No To Copycat

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 5-9-2010 08:11 PM | Show all posts
aurelia...i cadangkan you bubuh siggy ni...... Say No To Copycat
zzcbr Post at 5-9-2010 05:35 PM

pastu tambah sikit 'and Posers'
oppss *larikkk

Use magic Report

Post time 7-9-2010 01:17 AM | Show all posts
x6 nampak lebih mengancam

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 09:02 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.414912 second(s), 34 queries .