ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 14-4-2013 09:07 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-4-2013 09:38 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-4-2013 09:42 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-4-2013 12:44 PM | Show all posts

This week in freethought, from the Freethought Almanac.
~@R~
Read more:
http://freethoughtalmanac.com/?p=1882

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-4-2013 02:01 PM | Show all posts

Found this and thought it was pretty funny

Across many cultures scattered all around the world the image of covering women’s head keeps recurring at an alarming rate. What is god’s problem with women’s hair? Could it be that he is a misogynistic fictional creation of sexist men trying to undermine women using religion?

Last edited by banapore on 2-7-2013 05:42 PM

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 16-4-2013 02:16 PM | Show all posts

a Last edited by banapore on 28-5-2013 04:54 PM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-4-2013 02:20 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 16-4-2013 02:28 PM | Show all posts

For crying out loud you cannot call yourself an agnostic and sit on your high horse about your "superior" logical position. In your haughty ignorance you are neglecting a piece of the puzzle for there are two delineations. knowledge and belief, please see the diagram. Learn about the stance your are going to take before claiming superiority.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-4-2013 02:30 PM | Show all posts

Every damned time...

Can't even wait for the actual facts to come in before blaming a tragedy on secularism.

In situations like this, don't ask why we find your belief system distasteful. - Josh

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-4-2013 02:32 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-4-2013 02:34 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-4-2013 02:35 PM | Show all posts
"Its likely that many of the prophets and visionaries from 2,000 years ago would the psychiatric patients of today." ~DOL

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-4-2013 02:36 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-4-2013 02:50 PM | Show all posts

What religion has contributed to the world this month - Episode 5 (March/April 2013)

Published on 15 Apr 2013

Join our Official Facebook Page so you don't miss any new videos:http://www.facebook.com/ReligionHurts...

This series of videos will chronicle month by month the reported horrid acts committed by the followers and leaders of religions from around the world. This fifth episode illustrates the hate, bigotry, and ignorance spread by religion from mid March 2013 to mid April 2013. You may be shocked at how much harm religion can cause in just one month. Viewer discretion is strongly advised.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-4-2013 03:05 PM | Show all posts
We're normal humans, just like y'all, in other words.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 16-4-2013 03:25 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-4-2013 04:41 PM | Show all posts
THE POPE'S TORTURE TOOL: One of the most gruesome tools of the torture dungeons at the VATICAN was the oral, rectal, and vagina "pear". Beautifully hand crafted, this tool was forced into the mouth, vagina, or anus of a scientist who had the courage to say that the Earth revolved around the Sun (not the other way round). The POPE and his evil psychopathic henchmen would gradually split the victim's bodily holes slowly - each twist of the key would bring more pain and terror... Many scientists, astrologers and astronomers were horribly mutilated... There were pointed prongs at the end of the pear that were best used for ripping into a throat or cervix. Meanwhile, the POPE confiscated all the books written by the scientists and went about the business of building their own SPACE OBSERVATORIES and keeping the astronomical knowledge for themselves. The VATICAN runs a huge binocular-telescope space observatory at Mount Graham called L.U.C.I.F.E.R

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-4-2013 08:18 PM | Show all posts
Many atheists know exactly what believers are feeling, they've been in those shoes.

It's not discussed enough, but many atheists used to be believers and know very well what it's like to be in that mental state.

Last edited by banapore on 17-4-2013 08:22 PM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-4-2013 09:03 PM | Show all posts
You are of course welcome to pray...

But don't expect me to thank you for speaking to your imaginary friend about my obstinance over the matter of "His" existence. All you're doing is talking to yourself about how stupid and stubborn you think I am.

That's not complimentary, and it certainly isn't helpful. - Josh

So this one needs some context...

"But Josh, that's just mean! When someone prays for you, that REALLY means they just wish you well! This is horribly mean-spirited!"

... So, your grandma - who doesn't know you're an atheist, and you're OK with that - prays for your soul. Maybe tells you as much. This is OF COURSE a perfectly harmless, albeit pointless, exercise that shouldn't offend you. Of course in that situation, and several others like it, there's no offense meant in the offering, and none should be taken.

If you know someone is an atheist and you pray for them silently, then again, of course you are doing nothing wrong. You're not doing anything at all to actually help that person, and to think otherwise is naive... but you're also not doing anything wrong. I'm not offended by that. You can silently pray for me or anyone else to your hearts content. Have at it.

But if you KNOW I'm an atheist, and then walk up to me and say "Just so you know, I'm praying for you", or if you think it clever to end an argument with a heretic with those words...

Just what do you expect me to do with that information? Thank you? For what? You're murmuring under your breath to your imaginary friend about how lost I am. You're wishing with all the might you have in you that I, too, will accept your imaginary friend as my own, and chant with you asinine passages from books full of hate, and murder, and rape, and slavery...

And you're doing it for my own good! The arrogance. Without your imaginary friend, CLEARLY I'm doomed...

And you do, you expect me to be grateful.

You expect the person who you KNOW thinks your religious beliefs are misguided at the very least to think "Wow, this person must really care for me to ignore my calm, rational explanations of my personal beliefs, and to pray for me anyway, since I'm obviously too stupid to know what's good for myself."

So yeah. I'm not saying don't pray for me. It's your brain, and inside of it, you can do whatever you want with me; I'm WAY against all forms of thought-crime. Part of why I'm not big on Christianity in the first place.

Hell, I'm not even personally offended when you TELL me you're praying for me. I think it quaint.

But I'm surely not impressed by your "graciousness," and I find your gesture - the second you make it public - both empty, and intentionally condescending.

So yeah... Thanks so much for your prayers. - Josh

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 09:17 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.081888 second(s), 42 queries .