ADVERTISEMENT

Author: katt

Korean Entertainment News 2012 - 2013

Close [Copy link]
 Author| Post time 1-5-2012 12:56 PM | Show all posts
May 1, 2012

Jessica Alba Keen to Work with 'Oldboy' Director
Source: englishnews@chosun.com

Hollywood star Jessica Alba says she is interested in Korean cinema and film director Park Chan-wook.

Alba, who was in Korea on holiday recently, told cable channel tvN's "Baek Ji-yeon's People Inside" on Monday that she wants to film a Korean movie one day.

She was particularly impressed with Park's "Oldboy." The characters were complicated but mysterious and they came to her "like music," she said. She added she would probably faint if she met Park in person.

Alba arrived on April 21 from Japan on a family holiday with husband Cash Warren and daughters Honor (4) and Haven (1). They left on April 25.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 2-5-2012 02:00 PM | Show all posts
May 1, 2012

Director Park Chan-wook's Hollywood Film Rated "R"
Source: KBS Global

True to his typical edgy, racey, and graphic style, famed Korean director Park Chan-wook's upcoming Hollywood film has been rated "R" for "Restricted".

The film, "Stoker" has been confirmed to be rated R for its "disturbing violent and sexual content". This means that those under the age of 17 without their parent/guardian will not be allowed to watch the movie.

Of course this bit of news would come as no surprise to anyone's who watched some of Park's other noted works -- "Revenge Is Mine", "Old Boy", and "Thirst".

"Stoker" is being categorized in the Mystery/Drama category for its storyline about a young girl who comes home from her father's funeral to meet an uncle that she didn't even know existed.

Much public interest went to the fact that actor Wentworth Miller wrote the draft for the film. Miller had garnered quite a fan base in Korea for his role in the series "Prison Break". The cast includes actress Mia Wasikowska, Nicole Kidman, and Dermot Mulroney.

Though it contains no reference to vampires, the movie was named after the author Bram Stoker, famed for his work "Dracula". Park is said to have been partly inspired by Alfred Hitchcock's film "Shadow Of A Doubt".

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-5-2012 02:04 PM | Show all posts
May 2, 2012

Lee Young-ae Enjoys Life as a Mother
Source: englishnews@chosun.com

Lee Young-ae is enjoying herself raising her twin babies, she told Woman Chosun monthly. The actress disappeared from the limelight after suddenly announcing her marriage in 2009.

"I had a very fulfilling professional life in my 20s and 30s," Lee said. "But I began to feel as if I was climbing one mountain after another. When I was satisfied with how I spent my 20s and 30s, I realized it was time to get married."

Lee, who was photographed with her husband and twin babies to raise money for sick children, said she has been breast-feeding her babies for the past year, and her daughter is still being breast-fed. "I want my babies to have healthy food," she said. "I ate a lot of abalones while I was pregnant because people say they're good for pregnant women, and that's probably why my babies like abalone porridge."

In June, she is to move to a new home close to the woods and a valley in order to raise her kids in a healthy environment. "I plan to live there with my children until they go to school," Lee said.

She also spoke about her husband. "I respect him because he is always by my side. Now we're married I'm pleased that I can go out with him and hold hands with him in public."

The actress has no plans to return to the silver screen yet. "I'm still tempted when I get a request to be in a really good production, but I think there's nothing more valuable than to watch my children grow and to cherish that experience," she said.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-5-2012 11:44 PM | Show all posts
May 2, 2012

Jang Keun-suk gets in car accident

Source: koreajoongangdaily.com

Jang Keun-suk found out on Sunday that even the “Prince of Asia,” as he affectionately calls himself, is not immune to the dangers of everyday life. He was involved in a car accident at around 5 a.m. while being transported from one drama set to another by his fatigued manager.

The vehicle carrying Jang crashed into a guardrail lining the street and was slightly damaged. The actor continued immediately to the set of “Love Rain,” and visited the doctor after filming ended for the day, according to his agency. He reportedly suffered from only minor bruising and will continue work without interruption.

Korean actors, always chained to their hectic and grueling work schedules, often forgo medical attention when involved in accidents, to continue their work, especially the filming of dramas that often run on tight deadlines.

On March 26, actress Park Ha-sun from the sitcom “High Kick: Attack of the Short-Legged” was also involved in a car accident but only mentioned it in passing on her Me2Day page.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-5-2012 11:46 PM | Show all posts
May 3, 2012

Kim Ji-su opens up about her younger man
By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr]

Following the leak of their relationship back in mid-March, 41-year old actress Kim Ji-su spoke to Ilgan Sports about her boyfriend, who is 16 years her junior.
“I changed my relationship status on Facebook because I wanted my friends to know, but I didn’t think that others would take such an interest,” said Kim.

“Regardless, it’s public now and I don’t want to live and love in secret,” said the actress who is currently starring in the JTBC drama “Love Again,” about a group of middle-aged school friends who have affairs with one another.

When the reporter asked Kim how she felt about being called “The Korean Demi Moore,” Kim said, “Well they ended on a bad note, so it’s not exactly flattering.”

Kim also said that, because her boyfriend Roy Kim lives in Canada, they only see each other now and then. “We talk frequently but we are far apart. I’m always here for him though.”

The starlet also said that although she doesn’t want to go around parading the fact that she is in a relationship, that when asked, she is not one to deny the truth.

“I can’t say for certain whether we will get married, but when I am in a relationship, I do give it my best and am in the mindset that this may lead to marriage.”

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-5-2012 12:16 AM | Show all posts
May 3, 2012

Car accident injures Park Yu-chun
By Carla Sunwoo koreajoongangdaily.com

Park Yu-chun of JYJ has become the latest K-pop star to be involved in a car accident after working late into the night.

Ilgan Sports reported yesterday that Park’s manager, who was driving the star despite his drowsiness, crashed into the back of a truck at around 1 a.m. on April 26. The van was badly damaged and Park complained of neck and back pain immediately after the incident.

Still, he wasn’t able to see a doctor that day due to filming commitments.

“Park, like the rest of the staff and crew working on the drama’s set, only manages to get about two hours of sleep per night. The show is practically live as they are always strapped for time before it airs. Everyone is exhausted, and so I imagine that the manager was fatigued and in no state to drive,” said a source who works on the set of “Rooftop Prince,” in which Park is currently starring.

Fatigue-related car accidents are a common occurrence in the entertainment industry, and actor Jang Keun-suk was in a similar accident just days ago.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 4-5-2012 12:04 PM | Show all posts
May 4, 2012

Lee Jun-hyuk to fulfill his military service

Actor Lee Jun-hyuk has some big plans once the drama he is currently starring in, “The Equator Man,” comes to an end.

In June, Lee will visit China to promote the Chinese drama “Fairy Tale,” set to air on Hunan TV, which he stars in.

Additionally, the 28-year-old star will finally look to fulfill his national military service before he gets too old.

Earlier, at a press conference for “The Equator Man,” Lee said that he would take up his military duties after the drama wraps up.

On May 2, a spokesperson from Lee’s agency told Sports Korea that “military duty comes first. We would love to take up promotions in China, but as things stand right now, we’ll have to see what happens once we receive the draft notice.”

The actor burst onto the scene in “The Equator Man,” in which he played a man who was passionate about both work and love – so much so that his character earned him the title of “sociopath” among viewers.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-5-2012 11:29 PM | Show all posts
May 4, 2012

Actor Song Seung-heon to Hold Fan Meeting with Short Film 'Jagakmong' (Lucid Dreaming)
Actor Song Seung-heon will meet with his Japanese fans with his short film, “Jagakmong" (Lucid dreaming). He plans to hold “Song Seung-heon Japan Meeting 2012 – Jagakmong” twice at Makuharimesse in Chiva Prefecture on this coming May 15th to reinforce his good realtionship with his Japanese fans in two years.

Film makers called “Jagakmong” “Song Seung-heon Project” and the movie was filmed by Song Seung-heon for his sake with a concept of a mono drama service for his fans. The famous music video director Chang held the megaphone for the movie and completed the film as a high class masterpiece.

For the fan meeting participants, actor Song Seung-heon will present the main film DVD including the locating scenes together with a photo book set. As special guests, popular music group Beast and actor Jo Hyun-jae who showed a passionate performance in the TV drama “49 Days” will appear on the stage.[Yonhap]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 4-5-2012 11:32 PM | Show all posts
May 4, 2012

Ryu Si-won won't give up on family

Actor Ryu Si-won wanted to talk about his new drama “Goodbye My Wife” at a press conference on Thursday, but the media had another idea.

Reporters at the Ramada Hotel in southern Seoul repeatedly asked him about the state of his divorce proceedings, which were initiated by his wife on March 22.

In response to requests by the press, Ryu talked about his personal life alongside co-stars Hong Soo-hyun, Park Ji-yoon, Kim Min-su and Julien Kang, who were there to talk about the television show.

“There’s not much to say, but I guess it needs to be said. Foremost, I’m so sorry to announce such bad news at a time where I should be promoting my new drama. I want to apologize, especially to my fans,” Ryu said.

The Hallyu actor said that not much has changed since he announced that he would do everything in his power to keep his family together.

“My family, especially my daughter, is my life, and I’ll try my best to keep us together. Even if it doesn’t work, I want my daughter to know that I tried everything in my power as a parent.”

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-5-2012 11:05 PM | Show all posts
May 7, 2012

Seo Hyun of Girls Generation Becomes Honorary Ambassador of the UN Pavilion in Yeosu EXPO
Seo Hyun of Girls Generation was appointed as an honorary ambassador of the UN exhibition hall (co-hosted by Goo Sam Yeol and Amina Mohamed) at the Yeosu EXPO, which will open on May 12. According to the UN on May 3, the youngest group member Seo Hyun accepted the suggestion to become an honorary ambassador as she agreed the important role of honorary ambassador who will promote the importance of the ocean environment to the world.

When the UN secretary general Ban Ki Moon attended the Nuclear Security Summit at the end of March, Seo Hyun was requested to become an ambassador. Seo Hyun listened to the important concept of the UN Pavilion at the Yeosu EXPO and her roles as an ambassador and said, "I will try to complete my duties to inform the importance of the sea environment as to many people as possible."

Seo Hyun also revealed that she felt more honored as she was commissioned by the secretary general in person, whom she highly respects. And Ban Ki Moon also said that he hopes that more students and young people can raise their consciousness about the importance of preserving the oceans and coasts and pursuing sustainable development thanks to Seo Hyun's role as an honorary ambassador.

The UN Exhibition Hall has the theme entitled "The ocean and coastal area where sustain our lives and ensure our futures: The choice lies upon you," and 24 UN nations will present the importance of the ocean and coastal areas by the facilitation of Mr. Ban. The UN Pavilion will also hold various events such as an exhibition, film screening, mock UN conference, celebration of the UN Day, and musical gala show.[Yonhap]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-5-2012 11:08 PM | Show all posts
May 7, 2012

Kim Yun-jin to walk red carpet at Cannes
By Kwon Mee-yoo koreatimes.co.kr

Korean-American actress Kim Yun-jin will grace the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival 2012.

L'Oreal Paris, the official make-up artist of the prestigious event since 1997, announced Monday that it has invited Kim. She has modeled for the cosmetics brand since 2009.

The Cannes festival begins on May 16.

To celebrate the 15th anniversary of the official partnership between the Cannes Film Festival and L'Oreal Paris, a handful of top class actresses including Eva Longoria, Milla Jovovich, Jane Fonda, Gong Li and Fan Bing Bing have been invited.

"We decided to invite Kim to Cannes to mesmerize the festival with surprises and beauty," Cyril Chapuy, L'Oreal Paris global brand president, said in a statement. The company added that it has been preparing the invitations for nearly a year, considering Kim is busy filming new ABC drama "Mistresses."

Kim is best known abroad for her role as Sun in the television series "Lost." She has appeared in several Korean movies including "Harmony" (2010) and "Seven Days" (2007).

She has attended other international award ceremonies such as the Golden Globes and the Emmy Awards, but it will be her first time to head to Cannes.

"Attending the Cannes Film Festival is a dream for every actor and it is really novel to be invited by L'Oreal Paris, the official partner of the film fest," Kim said.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-5-2012 11:33 PM | Show all posts
May 8, 2012

Kim Su-hyeon Sets Endorsement Record

These days, it's hard to land on any channel that isn't playing something related to the "it" guy, Kim Su-hyeon. This may be a drama, interview, variety show, or commercial.

After becoming a household name due to the hit drama "The Moon That Embraces The Sun", Kim has snagged 17 new endorsement deals. This tops even the record of figure skating queen and Korea's national darling, Kim Yuna. Kim Yuna had amazed the public for boasting 15 endorsement deals in 2009.

His deals include those for a fabric softener, laptop, outdoor goods, suits, cosmetics, sports products, ice cream, jelly, soft drinks, coffee, beer, camera, telecommunication, and pizza. In fact, he's the first male solo endorsement model for a very well-known fabric softener, following in the footsteps of previous models Kim Hye-soo and Soo-ae.

Speculators are saying that his deals sum up to an amount over 6 billion won. Most A-list celebrities are said to have endorsement deals worth about 300 million to 350 million won.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-5-2012 11:37 PM | Show all posts
May 8, 2012

South Korean movie 'Unbowed' to open FIFF

Source: kts@yna.co.kr

SEOUL, May 8 (Yonhap) -- "Unbowed," a South Korean movie directed by Chung Ji-young, has been selected as the opening film of the Focus on Asia, Fukuoka International Film Festival (FIFF) to be held in Fukuoka, Japan from July 6-15, movie industry sources said Tuesday.

Unbowed is a box-office hit that has drawn 3.5 million viewers since it first screened in Korea in January. Veteran actor Ahn Seong-gi, who played the title role, will attend the opening ceremony.

Unbowed is the real-life story of an altercation involving a former professor with a crossbow in 2007.

A mathematics professor at a Seoul university gets demoted a year after pointing out an error on the school's entrance exam. He soon loses his job, as the university won't renew his contract.

The professor sued the school administration and asks to be reinstated, saying that he was fired unfairly. When the court upheld the school's decision, the professor went to the judge's house with a crossbow.

He was given a prison sentence on the charge of attempted murder although he pleaded he did not shoot the judge.

Chung Ji-young, one of the celebrated directors, is well known for his 1992 Vietnam War drama "White War," and made a splendid comeback after a 13-year hiatus with Unbowed, which critics said brought another socially-conscious account after the controversial drama "Silenced," which was based on a child sex abuse case at a school for the deaf.

Following the premiere on July 6, the movie will be screened again on July 13.

The Fukuoka film festival was inaugurated in 1987 to introduce excellent Asian films to the entire world.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-5-2012 11:39 PM | Show all posts
May 9, 2012

Joo, Go marriage report dead wrong

Go Jun-hee and Joo Jin-mo
Just hours after Ilgan Sports said that actors Joo Jin-mo and Go Jun-hee were set to marry in September, both parties denied the report through their agencies.

“There is no wedding and they aren’t even dating,” said a spokesperson from Joo’s agency.

Go’s agency also gave a similar response.

“[The report] is false and Go Jun-hee is so busy that she couldn’t be in a relationship even if she tried,” it said. Go is currently abroad due to filming commitments.

Ilgan Sports’ report said that the two had been dating for nine months and considering they met with each other’s parents, there were talks of marriage in the fall.

Joo made his debut in 1999 through the movie “Dance Dance” and since then has starred in movies such as “200-Pound Beauty” (2006) and “Gabi” (2012).

Go made her debut in 2001 in a student modeling competition and has starred in dramas such as “General Hospital 2” (2008) and “Can You Hear My Heart?” (2011).

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2012 12:57 AM | Show all posts
May 10, 2012

Jung Il-woo to be the face of LG’s smartphone

Actor Jung Il-woo has become the new face of LG’s line of smartphones, “Optimus LTE2.”

The new generation of smartphones will be available in stores through three telecommunications networks, starting mid-May.
Jung’s versatility as an actor was taken into account by the electronics company in deciding to recruit him.

LG said that it chose Jung as the face of the new phone because, “He has played a diverse range of roles and excelled in them all.”

Jung has starred in programs such as the period drama “The Moon Embracing the Sun” (2012) and the sitcom “High Kick without Reserve” (2007).

Of late, Jung has garnered attention for becoming the male model for the cosmetics brand Holika Holika.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2012 12:59 AM | Show all posts
May 10, 2012

Rain talks about spending big in the Army

Singer Rain took part at a cultural festival for active-duty soldiers at the 306th Regiment of the Reserve Force Battalion in Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi on May 8. At the event, he opened up about his spending habits, now that he is in the Army.

When he was asked just how much money he had, Rain deflected the question by saying, “Sorry, but I only want to talk about military-related issues.” When the host tactfully asked how he was spending his monthly stipend of 80,000 won ($70), the Hallyu singer responded, “There’s really nowhere to spend the money on the base. I guess I spend most of it at the convenience store.”

Netizens had a good laugh at Rain’s comments, with many saying that Rain must be consuming a lot of Choco Pies, dubbed the favorite snack among soldiers at the barracks.

The festival is held each year to welcome fresh recruits to the Army as well as to thank the parents of those who have been conscripted.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 10-5-2012 01:01 AM | Show all posts
May 10, 2012

Jang Nara to act with Jackie Chan’s son

Jang Nara is to make a special appearance in a Chinese movie starring Jaycee Chan, the son of famed Chinese actor and martial artist Jackie Chan. Chinese actor Zhao Qing will also star in the movie.

In the movie, entitled “Love Somebody,” Jang will play the role of a career driven woman who falls for a guy and finds herself in the middle of a dilemma. Jang has been in China since May 4 for filming and will showcase her exceptional Chinese skills in the film. “She was an exceptional actress. We are currently in talks of a sequel and would like to have Jang on board again,” said a representative from the movie.
Meanwhile, “Love Somebody,” will open at the same time as Jang’s first Chinese movie, “Flying with You,” set to open later this year.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2012 01:03 AM | Show all posts
May 10, 2012

Actress-turned-director Ku Hye-sun shines behind the lens in new film
Source: koreajoongangdaily.com

Ku Hye-sun opened up about life behind the camera as she tackles another feature film not as the lead actress, but as the director.

On an episode of KBS 2TV’s “Star Life Theater” that aired on Tuesday, Ku talked about her latest work “Peach Tree,” which is her second feature film as a director.

“It’s tiring and grueling,” she said. “At times you ask yourself, ‘Why am I doing this?’ But movies have the ability to make you feel alive.”

Ku is nearly done filming the movie about a pair of male Siamese twins. The film features actors Cho Seung-woo, Nam Sang-mi and Ryu Duk-hwan.

The actress-turned-director established Ku Hye-sun Film, a film company, on her own last year.

To date, Ku has produced the films “You” (2010), “Magic” (2010), “The Madonna” (2008) and “Pieces of Memory” (2012).

The 27-year-old Hallyu actress rose to fame from hit dramas such as “Boys over Flowers” (2009) and “Nonstop 5” (2005).

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2012 03:39 PM | Show all posts
May 10, 2012

Actor Park Sang-min Fined for Assaulting Ex-Wife
Source: chosun.com

A Seoul district court on Wednesday ordered actor Park Sang-min to pay W200,000 to his ex-wife for assaulting her (US$1=W1,140).

Park had been indicted for domestic violence and cleared at first intance, but his ex-wife Han Na-rae appealed. Park was charged after verbally abusing Han in October of 2010 and pushing her into a shelf on two occasions.

Park and Han, who used to host an English-language program on EBS, tied the knot in November of 2007 but divorced in December last year.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2012 11:33 PM | Show all posts
May 9, 2012

Pop star Goh faces rape charges
Source: Korea Times

Police said Wednesday they will seek an arrest warrant for a popular singer and entertainer on charges of rape.

In a press release, Yongsan Police Station in Seoul said it apprehended a 36-year-old singer, with the surname Goh, who allegedly stripped an intoxicated girl and raped her.

“The police will seek an arrest warrant against Goh on charges of rape,” stated the press release.

Goh was a member of a popular boys group which enjoyed popularity in the mid-1990s. In recent months, he has appeared in a popular entertainment program on MBC TV and a cable TV show -- both air at night.

Goh was attracted by the girl when he watched recordings of a program starring her to be aired on cable TV soon, at his office in Seoul on March 30, a police officer said.

He got her phone number from a person who participated in the production of the entertainment program and called her. He lured her, by saying, “Are you willing to become a TV entertainer? I will introduce you to an entertainment agency,” the officer said.

He finally met her and took her in his car to his office. He had her drink liquor and then raped her, the officer said.

Goh lured the girl into his office again at around 9 p.m. on April 5, by promising to become her lover, the officer said.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 04:10 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.568431 second(s), 41 queries .