CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 8007|Reply: 50

Here is one more deb. Was the injil written?

[Copy link]
The_Criteria This user has been deleted
Post time 5-9-2003 03:31 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Can someone post a verse from the Qur'an for Debmey that says that the Injil was a "written revelation"?  He seems to think that the Qur'an claims that and he is having a difficult with the verses to support his accusation.

[ Last edited by The_Criteria on 5-9-2003 at 04:21 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-9-2003 08:13 AM | Show all posts
OK, since you are in denial, I shall post it one more time, 1000 times if I have to cos I clearly win on this one.

3:3 He hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture with truth, confirming that which was (revealed) before it, even as He revealed the Torah and the Gospel. (pickthaL)

3:48 And He will teach him the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel, (Pickthal)

3:65 O People of the Scripture! Why will ye argue about Abraham, when the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed till after him? Have ye then no sense?
(pickthal)

If there is no book, how can there be scripture? Why do you contradict Mo & allah? Yu mean mo and allah do not know what they are talking about?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2003 09:10 PM | Show all posts
[quote]Originally posted by Debmey at 2003-9-5 08:13 AM:
OK, since you are in denial, I shall post it one more time, 1000 times if I have to cos I clearly win on this one.

deb: 3:3 He hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture with truth, confirming that which was (revealed) before it, even as He revealed the Torah and the Gospel. (pickthaL)

This verse is directed towards Muhammad.  Allah is calling the Qur'an a scripture (actually the word used is "al kitaab" which can mean book or scripture).  Was the Qur'an written at this time Deb?  NO!!  A scripture does not necessarily mean written.  www.Dictionary.com gives SEVERAL definitions.  One of them clearly illustrates that scripture can mean ideas.  However, that is the english translation.  The word used in ALL OF THESE VERSES is Al Kitaab which is used for both "the scripture" and "the book"  The Qur'an was not a book when it was being revealed.  However, scripture in this verse is only used in referrence to the Qur'an.

deb: 3:48 And He will teach him the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel, (Pickthal)

In the above verse Allah is mentioning FOUR DIFFERENT THINGS as you would have been able to see if you would slow down and count the number of "and's" used in this verse.  Allah will teach him

1) The scripture AND
2) Wisdom AND
3) The Torah AND
4) The Gospel
Four different things here.
:stp:

deb: 3:65 O People of the Scripture! Why will ye argue about Abraham, when the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed till after him? Have ye then no sense? (pickthal)

People of the Scripture is often translated "eople of the Book" referring to either the Christians or the Jews and Christians.  By the time the Qur'an was revealed, the bible had been somewhat compiled and it was now in book form.  However, we all know that Jesus preached something and not one book of the bible is entitled "The Gospel of Jesus". Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John have gospels of what they preached, but Jesus does not.  Why?  His gospel was not written.  

deb: If there is no book, how can there be scripture?

Scripture does not HAVE to mean written.  And still, none of the verses says the injil was written.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2003 09:39 PM | Show all posts
How can there be scripture when there is no script?

peace

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2003 10:11 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2003-9-5 09:39 PM:
How can there be scripture when there is no script?

peace

Can someone post a verse from the Qur'an for Debmey that says that the Injil was a "written revelation"?  He seems to think that the Qur'an claims that and he is having a difficult with the verses to support his accusation.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2003 10:27 PM | Show all posts
How can there be a script with no writing?
Hahahahahahahahaha.................
Behold, I have managed to trap a Muslim in argument using the Quran.

PBUY

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 5-9-2003 10:33 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2003-9-5 10:27 PM:
How can there be a script with no writing?
Hahahahahahahahaha.................
Behold, I have managed to trap a Muslim in argument using the Quran.

PBUY

Scripture is the word, not script.  And a scripture does not have to be written as I have proven earlier.  Lastly, give me a verse Deb.

Remember:

deb: 3:3 He hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture with truth, confirming that which was (revealed) before it, even as He revealed the Torah and the Gospel. (pickthaL)

This verse is directed towards Muhammad.  Allah is calling the Qur'an a scripture (actually the word used is "al kitaab" which can mean book or scripture).  Was the Qur'an written at this time Deb?  NO!!  A scripture does not necessarily mean written.  www.Dictionary.com gives SEVERAL definitions.  One of them clearly illustrates that scripture can mean ideas.  However, that is the english translation.  The word used in ALL OF THESE VERSES is Al Kitaab which is used for both "the scripture" and "the book"  The Qur'an was not a book when it was being revealed.  However, scripture in this verse is only used in referrence to the Qur'an.

deb: 3:48 And He will teach him the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel, (Pickthal)

In the above verse Allah is mentioning FOUR DIFFERENT THINGS as you would have been able to see if you would slow down and count the number of "and's" used in this verse.  Allah will teach him

1) The scripture AND
2) Wisdom AND
3) The Torah AND
4) The Gospel
Four different things here.

deb: 3:65 O People of the Scripture! Why will ye argue about Abraham, when the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed till after him? Have ye then no sense? (pickthal)

People of the Scripture is often translated "People of the Book" referring to either the Christians or the Jews and Christians.  By the time the Qur'an was revealed, the bible had been somewhat compiled and it was now in book form.  However, we all know that Jesus preached something and not one book of the bible is entitled "The Gospel of Jesus". Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John have gospels of what they preached, but Jesus does not.  Why?  His gospel was not written.  

deb: If there is no book, how can there be scripture?

Scripture does not HAVE to mean written.  And still, none of the verses says the injil was written.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2003 10:35 PM | Show all posts
Scripture is the root word for script.
So how can there be no writing when there is scripture or script?
Hahahahahahahaha........................

cheesr & puby

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 5-9-2003 10:37 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2003-9-5 10:35 PM:
Scripture is the root word for script.
So how can there be no writing when there is scripture or script?
Hahahahahahahaha........................

cheesr & puby

But the word is "al kitaab" in the Qur'an.  You are pressing an issue of translation.  not only that, you still have not given a verse. Period, because you can't

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2003 10:41 PM | Show all posts
So what is the meaning of al kitaab?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2003 10:45 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2003-9-5 10:41 PM:
So what is the meaning of al kitaab?

Proof that you don't read anything and you are making up stuff to be right.

earlier:

This verse is directed towards Muhammad.  Allah is calling the Qur'an a scripture (actually the word used is "al kitaab" which can mean book or scripture[/color]).  Was the Qur'an written at this time Deb?  NO!!  A scripture does not necessarily mean written.  www.Dictionary.com gives SEVERAL definitions.  One of them clearly illustrates that scripture can mean ideas.  However, that is the english translation.  The word used in ALL OF THESE VERSES is Al Kitaab which is used for both "the scripture" and "the book"  The Qur'an was not a book when it was being revealed.  However, scripture in this verse is only used in referrence to the Qur'an.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2003 10:47 PM | Show all posts
Give me a verse.  One little verse and you have something to stand on.  Not the dicitonary, not the "root word of script", not "how can you have this without that".  One verse that says the injil was written.  You have NONE

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2003 10:54 PM | Show all posts
So what does al kitaab mean?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2003 11:00 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2003-9-5 10:54 PM:
So what does al kitaab mean?

The games.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2003 11:11 PM | Show all posts
Really? Quran is a game? No wonder.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2003 11:18 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2003-9-5 11:11 PM:
Really? Quran is a game? No wonder.

You are not going to get out of it that easy.  Either say you made a mistake, stop posting, or give me a verse.  Let's be men about this.  You have too many childish teenage games with you.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-9-2003 11:19 PM | Show all posts
Yes, Quran is a game and I'm also having fun playing with you cos yu are stupid enough.

peace & relaks

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2003 11:44 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2003-9-5 11:19 PM:
Yes, Quran is a game and I'm also having fun playing with you cos yu are stupid enough.

peace & relaks

Still no verse.  You are only playing games with yourself by believing something and not having support for it.  :stp:

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2003 11:48 PM | Show all posts
Well, you have clearly contradited your Quran, not me. And I'm havinga great time playing with yu. Hahahahahahaha........

cheers

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-9-2003 03:01 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2003-9-5 11:48 PM:
Well, you have clearly contradited your Quran, not me. And I'm havinga great time playing with yu. Hahahahahahaha........

cheers

You said the Qur'an states the Injil was written.  I said it does not.  As of now, I have not been proven wrong.  If the gospel that jesus spoke was written, WHY IS IT NOT IN THE BIBLE?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 05:22 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.128744 second(s), 46 queries .