Author: Nora18

Let's talk about the current market...

[Copy link]
kelley This user has been deleted
Post time 13-10-2003 12:34 PM | Show all posts

yup....

Originally posted by Nora18 at 13-10-2003 11:22:
For few reason, GK....

One: I don't want to reveal my cards to my opponents...

Two: I don't want to hear anyone commenting my stock picks. One of my trading rules is not to discuss my trade w ...

I agree as well....as one would always wonder about ze "intentions'....if a stock pick is given.......... a classic case would be , If SN Lock is doing a write up ...or for that matter ....any other traders ( other than recommending fundamental stock ....that also sometimes )....on a stock I happenned to be trading....that stock is a bye2 for me......I would quickly cabut...

Goodluck....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

mrBIG This user has been deleted
Post time 14-10-2003 12:05 PM | Show all posts

Just Wondering ....

:stp: Hi Guys, i/o we discuss which counter should we buy ... (very difficult to predict) .. Lets we discuss on TIPS HOW TO CHOOSE PROFITABLE STOCK What I mean maybe each of us have their own way how to choose the correct stock .. So if everybody can come out with their TIPS or Strategy .. then we will benefit on it ..

:bg::bg::bg: I believe all of us are SPECULATOR .. so lets improve our skill :bg::bg::bg::bg:

p/s: :bg: Sorry My English not very good ....

Use magic Report

Post time 14-10-2003 12:11 PM | Show all posts

Just Wondering ....

:stp: Hi guys, Just wondering ... i/o we discuss about which counter to buy (everybody know difficult to predict) Lets discuss on TIPS HOW TO CHOOSE PROFITABLE STOCK..

:bg::bg: I believe all of us SPECULATOR .. So each of us have their own TIPS or STRATEGY to buy your Stock .. So lets gather all the TIPS or STRATEGY (which I find out quite useful ) then we decide our self, based on TIPS or STRATEGY .. which counter that we want to MAKE MONEY ...

p/s : Sorry My English Not Very Good

Use magic Report

Post time 14-10-2003 12:13 PM | Show all posts

Oppsss

Sorry .. I send twice !! :2cool:

Use magic Report

Nora18 This user has been deleted
 Author| Post time 14-10-2003 03:09 PM | Show all posts
Mr Big,

Hmmm..... How do you pick your stock?

He he he...

My strategy is simple, and I used it because I do short-term swing (3 days to 3 weeks)

1. Pre-pick 12 counters that known to follow market trend. You can see those counters from the chart, that they move up when everyone move up, and goes down when everyone goes down.

1. Identify market trend, using Nora Index.

2. Once Market is down, wait until a young bullish trend to emerge.

3. Pick any of the 12 counters that have increase in volume traded. Ignore those that traded too light or have the price increased too much.

4. Buy those picked counters to the maximum limit. Note down the support level as Stoploss, and resistance level as the profit target.

5. Each day, calculate Nora Index to confirm bullish trend. Increase Stoploss as price increased.

6. If market turn around but profit target not yet hit, monitor stocks that hit stoploss for exit.

7. If profit target reached but market still bullish, hold on to it. Any sign of market shaken, sell without waiting for stoploss to be hit.

8. Once everything sold, calculate NI daily again for the next young bull to emerge....

KISS.... Keep It Small & Simple....

[ Last edited by Nora18 on 14-10-2003 at 03:14 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 14-10-2003 11:17 PM | Show all posts

Wow !!

Woww Nora that great !! .. Thks for the reply ...

For me I just based on mass media information :-
1. Astro Ria Channel 4, 11:00 PM normally at the end of the News there
    will be Market Reseach Section .. So far I follow ..the source reliable

2. Then based on the Info from Astro Ria, I will cross check with Biz website
     in Star Online  biz.thestar.com.my

3. I always check the Dividend/Bonus column .. normally for those counter
    that give higher dividend or bonus .. the price will start climbing until one
    or two days before the ex-date.

4. Other than that ..  I always used biz.thestar.com.my/marketwatch to
    check Higher Volume Counter normally my favourite - FINANCE,   PROPERTY & MESDAQ

Hmmm regarding my practise of buying stock .. I think most of us doing the same way .. I will monitor a few counter .. then during market down .. then only I'm start BUYING ..

:2cool: For me when I bought the counter, I can know I'm making profit ..
:2cool: Never queue .. when buying or selling the stock ..
:2cool: Calculate the Break Even =  StockPrice * 1.018

Hmmm .. I don't know wheather my TIPS useful or not !! .. Just to remind you all guys .. I'm news in Stock Trading .. So you all my CIFU !!!

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 16-10-2003 10:03 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mrBIG at 2003-10-14 11:17 PM:
Woww Nora that great !! .. Thks for the reply ...

For me I just based on mass media information :-
1. Astro Ria Channel 4, 11:00 PM normally at the end of the News there
    will be Market ...

Cool...

Looking from your way of spotting counters there, may I suggest you a tecnique called "Tape Reading". I see that you are not using any sort of charts or indicators. Tape Reading may require a minimun of charting, which you may get from some online stockbrokers. If you are interested in Tape Reading, you may start with a book by Humphrey B Neill, "Tape Reading And Market Tactics", written in 192x... a classic it is... I got mine at Kinokuniya, KLCC.

Tape Reading is a method of analysing a stock to determine the direction of Price by looking at the Volume. We can discuss more about Tape Reading if you are into it...

Cheers!

Use magic Report

Post time 16-10-2003 05:44 PM | Show all posts
Hi Nora, .. I have gone through all your posting under this forum .. you keep saying about Nora Index .. How to calculate that ..

Anyway thank for the TIPS of TAPE READING !!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-10-2003 05:48 PM | Show all posts

Hmm .. I'm looking forward to know more on TAPE READING technique..

Yup !! I really want to know .. on TAPE READING technique ...

Use magic Report

Nomad This user has been deleted
Post time 17-10-2003 08:46 AM | Show all posts

Books

Nora,

Any other books you can recommend, other than those you recommended earlier?  Need some fresh idea...will definitely look for Neill's book, but then again, if it was written in 1920's, how did tape reading come into picture, can't imagine the technology back then.

Anybody here subscribe to Sjenie?...the wi fi thing...it is offered by SJ Securities, I registered but nobody called, that was two weeks ago.

Have a nice weekend all!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-10-2003 08:09 AM | Show all posts
Mr Big, Nomad,

Tape reading is a lost art. It used during the times when computer does not exist, and chart was rare. Tape reading revolved around Volume, rather than price, and study of volume to determine the direction of price. Focus of Tape Reading to to determine the turning of prices, at the bottom and at the top.

Lawrence Livermore and Nick Darwas don't use chart to make their millions, right?

I really can't explain much on the priciple of Tape Reading here in this forum. But to tell you the truth, I myself do not use my Metastock charts so much now, may be once a week. When I plan to exit a trade, apart from my stoploss, I tape-read my way out.

I believe there is a new book on tape-reading in the market. I'm not sure of the title, but will let you know once I know.

On Nora Index, let me quote below from my previous writtings.... If you click the link below, you'll notice that NI is the average of all the prices above it...

Cheers!

Ok, seriously. The idea of private index actully came from Daryl Guppy's book. I can't remember the title of his book. I guess if you can find his book, look for a chapter on "Private Index", and that should be it.

Sample of NI can be viewed at this link.

NI is formed by mother-share counters (no WA or LA aaa) that are active in recent times, normally traded > 200,000 shares daily. The list is updated monthly when new emerging counters will be added and sleeping counters are removed.

One can make a similar index of one's favorite counters - be it Oil&Gas, or any mix of one's fancy. Those counters will make the group that most likely set the direction of one's picked counter. Say, if one have a couple of Oil&Gas counters. Most likely, those two will follow the direction of the index formed by all Oil&Gas counters rather than the CI.... right?

That the private market, gauged by one's private index. When comes to trading, I will only watch a handful of counters (less than a dozen) and at most trade anything less than 5 at a time....

[ Last edited by Nora18 on 18-10-2003 at 08:12 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2003 08:36 AM | Show all posts

Books

Miss Nora,

Thanks for becoming our "resource centre" all this while.  You've been helpful.  Have not bought anything based on tips for over a month now, but the technique still needs fine tuning.

And my main resource now is through books.  Been looking high and low for Guppy's and Neil's books, tapi tak jumpa-jumpa.  The selection at both Kino and MPH lebih kurang sama aje, and mostly about value investing, technical analysis, swing trading, fundamental.....besides these, do you know of any other technique?  Keep on buying "useless" books. I heard about momentum trading, contrarian, etc...btw, anybody bought books from amazon before?

ANother thing, do you know the common trend of the market and the correlation between movement in the CI, first liners, second liners, second board and MESAQ?  I mean, do you know the regular trend of the market say afetr a big surge in the first liner, macam yesterday, when will the lower liners start moving, second board, MESDAQ, and when does profit taking start taking place?  If you look at other indicators other than NI.  I just read a book on market timing but unfortunately did not gain any new insight...

Cheers and Happy Deepavali!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-10-2003 10:03 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Nomad at 2003-10-23 08:36 AM:
Miss Nora,

Thanks for becoming our "resource centre" all this while.  You've been helpful.  Have not bought anything based on tips for over a month now, but the technique still needs fine tuning.

And my main resource now is through books.  Been looking high and low for Guppy's and Neil's books, tapi tak jumpa-jumpa.  The selection at both Kino and MPH lebih kurang sama aje, and mostly about value investing, technical analysis, swing trading, fundamental.....besides these, do you know of any other technique?  Keep on buying "useless" books. I heard about momentum trading, contrarian, etc...btw, anybody bought books from amazon before?

ANother thing, do you know the common trend of the market and the correlation between movement in the CI, first liners, second liners, second board and MESAQ?  I mean, do you know the regular trend of the market say afetr a big surge in the first liner, macam yesterday, when will the lower liners start moving, second board, MESDAQ, and when does profit taking start taking place?  If you look at other indicators other than NI.  I just read a book on market timing but unfortunately did not gain any new insight...

Cheers and Happy Deepavali!

Hi Nomad,

I guess other people has their own tactics as well, and I'm just sharing mine... I went to Kino on Tuesday, looking for a new book on Tape Reading. Found something titled "Trading On Volume" by Don Cassidy, but not sure whether that book is OK or not. Will confirm with other guys at Stockk.com, but donno la what happend to that forum. Cannot access... While at Kino, I was able to see Guppy's book I was talking about - now I think the title is "Share Trading". But that book is really for beginner... it may not suit you now, except for the concept of  Private Index. It's up to you. Neill book is rare... and I know other forumners has to wait for months after booking it thru Kino. You may be able to order from Amazon, and I know one of their satisfied customer, but I never tried that.

Talking about other indeces... Hmm... I don't use any other than NI... phatetic isn't it... Thing is, as a trader, we need to be focus on one segment of the market, and trade within that segment. The market is too big for any one of us to capture. Beware of overtrading. I suggest, select a market segment you familar or like. Then select a handful of counters within that segment to be tracked individually. Then you can track the behaviour of your counters with relation to that segment and the market as a whole. If you wish to combine multiple segments, than the private index can come handy.

Cheers!

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2003 11:58 AM | Show all posts

Simple and Easy ..

Hi Guy !! :bg::bg:

Ehmm .. for me, I'm just using the HotStock column under StarOnine - Biz, the research so far .. VERY GOOD !!  Other than that .. I just triggered the Biz section .. looking for news regarding company new projects etc etc ..

This week my favourite counter
a) MMCCORP
b) MTD Capital
c) KLK ..

I believed we can't use same technique .. for every situation .... We always need to upgrade our technique and resource ..

Anyway .. Just to greet all of you !! :bg: Happy Deepavali :bg:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-10-2003 01:44 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mrBIG at 2003-10-23 11:58 AM:
Hi Guy !! :bg::bg:

Ehmm .. for me, I'm just using the HotStock column under StarOnine - Biz, the research so far .. VERY GOOD !!  Other than that .. I just triggered the Biz section .. lo ...

Agreed, but we cannot change the tactics for every trade we do, otherwise that means that we do not have a tactics... right?

Someone advice me... have a trading plan, and have it in writting. In that plan, specify your rules on when to enter, and when to exit. Also, specify what market segment are you following, and the criteria of the counters you want to track. Then try to follow your plan. After a while, I did have to change my plan here and there. But now, I guess I have a trading plan that suit me quite nicely.

Cheers!

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2003 05:20 PM | Show all posts
MrBig,

Try this link, the news could be slightly earlier than those posted in Staronline.

http://announcements.klse.com.my

Nora,

Browsed through amazon, plenty of interesting stuff, tapi the shipping rate will kill you.  too damn expensive!  You mentioned that we can order from the bigger bookstore?  must do that one of these days...

The focus today shifted a bit from blue chips, the average value per trade also dropped compared to yesterday (yeah right, have to bukak cerita sikitlaaa, cannot ask you direct right?).  What does NI say today? (we are at your mercy...empress)

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 24-10-2003 02:34 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Nomad at 2003-10-23 05:20 PM:
MrBig,

Try this link, the news could be slightly earlier than those posted in Staronline.

http://announcements.klse.com.my

Nora,

Browsed through amazon, plenty of interesting ...

On volume play in Tape Reading, if volume went down at price going up, that means that the buying interest had decreased. That what happend today. There could be few factors that contribute to that - recent bull runs, holidays ahead, lack of good news, regional bourses and DOW sneezed...

Thus one thing to look at is whether the price stops climbing with narrowing range and phatetic volumes, that may mark a turning point for this bull run. I will look closely on Low in NI, to see if it gets lower. Last weeks' sideways shows that NI's Low does not decreased throughout the period of Sideway, which suggest that the sentiment still bullish.

Cheers!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-10-2003 02:36 AM | Show all posts
Last 5 days of Nora Index (NI)

Date         Open   High     Low      Close    Volume
=======  ===== =====  =====  =====   ======
20031017  2.338   2.365   2.300   2.330     16,583    Sideway
20031020  2.339   2.368   2.297   2.330     14,671     Sideway->Bullish
20031021  2.342   2.377   2.314   2.349     15,213    Bullish
20031022  2.356   2.416   2.338   2.388     16,242    Bullish
20031023  2.388   2.426   2.344   2.389     15,642    Bullish->Sideway

Nothing much to do except for watching the exit when stoploss hit. Don't forget to increase the stoploss whenever necessary.

On the market, while all numbers increased, the Close is very much in favour to Sideway, in another word, the bull seems to loose its steam. Why? Dunno. Maybe the bull run too far too fast that it need to take a break. Maybe due to long holiday ahead. Don't care. As long as market still bullish and my stoploss level is quite far below, I don't see any reason to bail out.

The kind of trade that might in favour of the bulls next week is if the CI able to hold for the laggards to catch up. That translate in CI being sideway but number of green counters is far more compared to the red ones. Chartist will love that since overbought will get neutralized. However, NI would show increase in all prices and volumes. If that doesn't happend, nothing much other that to take care of those stoplosses...

Cheers!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-10-2003 09:36 AM | Show all posts
Hmmm.... I don't feel good about the market today. You can call it "women's intuition"... but I'm out... I'll liquidify everything this morning.... Will buy back later if this intuition is wrong....

Cheers!

Use magic Report

Post time 28-10-2003 12:01 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Nora18 at 27-10-2003 09:36 AM:
Hmmm.... I don't feel good about the market today. You can call it "women's intuition"... but I'm out... I'll liquidify everything this morning.... Will buy back later if this intuition i ...

:re: Market "SLEEPY" today .. WHUARGHH !! .. Tommorrow ASTRO will be listing .. Hmmmm .. I'm planning to buy it early morning .. Nora what do U think ???  I feel that the price will open at RM4.50 .. and the price will be climb up until it reach RM5.00  

He he he .. Wow if I correct my prediction .. he he this year can "RAYA" sakan .. Oppss lupa plak .. SELAMAT MENYAMBUT BULAN PUASA ..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 05:04 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.073300 second(s), 41 queries .