Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 14273|Reply: 55

Bersara di US

[Copy link]
Post time 24-9-2012 01:20 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Salam. Mintak pandangan dari otai-otai di sini. Saya bercadang ingin bersara di US. Kalau boleh sekitar Virginia/N. Carolina
menggunakan Investment di EPF/ASB/ASW/BankRakyat/Tabung Haji. Agak-agaknya berapa kos sara hidup untuk suami isteri sekarang??

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 27-9-2012 02:45 AM | Show all posts
US is very expensive for retirees expecially for non-citizen retirees.  Klu citizen you can get some help from gvt welfare programs.  Klu bukan citizen you'll to pay for everything yourself.  Insuran kesikatan utk warga tua is expensive.  Sewa rumah/mortgage  lagi, kereta, harga ubat, etc will rack up your expenses. Kalau your epf  is rm8 or 9 ribu sebln mungkin cukup if you maintain a low cost lifestyle.  Seksrang ni org US yg ramai nak bersara di south america since it is a lot cheaper.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-9-2012 09:16 AM | Show all posts
i'm expecting to generate dividends from my fixed investments (ASBs, ASW, BankRakyat, Tabung Haji,etc.) a sum which is more than the current median household income of the US (around USD50k p.a.). Ni tak termasuk pencen gomen isteri nanti lah (around RM3k sebulan kot). Boleh hidup selesa tak??

Use magic Report

Post time 5-10-2012 01:07 PM | Show all posts
For $50K annually you won't be poor but you will have to watch your expenses closely and maintain a frugal lifestyle.  $50K is good for a single person.  But husband-and-wife living on $50K is a bit tough.  You'll have food on the table and roof over your head but you better hope that you're always healthy.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2012 12:39 PM | Show all posts
elroy@rovers posted on 27-9-2012 09:16 AM
i'm expecting to generate dividends from my fixed investments (ASBs, ASW, BankRakyat, Tabung Haji,et ...

this is just my personal opinion. for $50k annually (net), since you won't have to pay for taxes, as long as you don't have major health issue, and only you and your wife, you should be able to live comfortably. this is just my opinion based on my experience. $50k is still a lot, even in california (unless you have kids), if you manage your finance properly; and north carolina is not that expensive.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-10-2012 01:26 PM | Show all posts
From what I read from forums, frugal lifestyle is based on half of that.  If 50K is frugal, then more than half of USA is living on frugal 'cos that the median household income (before tax).
Yes, my 50K is net, bawak dari Malaysia. Plan saya adalah nak balik Malaysia setiap tahun for health maintenance (We have health insurance, medical card, my wife government to-be retiree) hopefully medical costs minimized.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 8-10-2012 12:02 AM | Show all posts
elroy@rovers posted on 7-10-2012 01:26 PM
From what I read from forums, frugal lifestyle is based on half of that.  If 50K is frugal, then mor ...

to me, frugal is too strong of a word. with $50k net, from my experience, even in california, you can live comfortably. of course, you have to live a bit far from major cities such as san francisco or los angeles. but, since you plan to live in the east, i suggest you live in north carolina. even in raleigh (and the triangle area), the cost of living is still very much affortable for $50k a year net. if you properly manage your finance, you can have $2k a month extra.

virginia, you need to live away from major cities. based on my understanding, cost of living in major cities in virginia is not that much different than in california. but, try do more research. check craigslist for some idea on the rents and you probably can get some kind of idea on cost of living there, and north carolina.

zillow also can give you some kind of idea of the housing cost (rent/buy). gasbuddy can help with the cost of gas (minyak kereta).

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-10-2012 01:33 AM | Show all posts
Thank You, oobi for your feedback. We are thinking about mid/south Virginia (Roanoke, Charlottesville, Richmond) area. We have close relatives in the NoVa area (suburb of DC) but I think the CoL would be too high, that's why we're thinking about south Va. Not far from them (2-3 hrs drive) but not that expensive.
I went to college in the midwest 35 years ago and it's too cold for me. I like the east and the close relatives in DC is a plus. Last edited by elroy@rovers on 8-10-2012 01:40 AM

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-10-2012 02:50 AM | Show all posts
elroy@rovers posted on 8-10-2012 01:33 AM
Thank You, oobi for your feedback. We are thinking about mid/south Virginia (Roanoke, Charlottesvill ...

for those three cities, you should be able to live a comfortable life with $50k net per year. cost of living in those three cities is not very expensive and $4k a month is a lot.

you're right, suburb of DC, cost of living very high because most of the people can't afford to live in DC even though they work there. there are a lot of opportunities, especially for young people, in DC right now. that's one of the reasons the cost of living surrounding DC is increasing.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-10-2012 07:32 PM | Show all posts
as malaysian, is it easier the procedure to retire in US? kira mcm program malaysia my 2nd home ke?
since you're not going to work there (obviously!) so how do we qualify to retire kat sana? beli rumah?
any specific visa for that?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-11-2012 07:48 PM | Show all posts
reynna posted on 30-10-2012 07:32 PM
as malaysian, is it easier the procedure to retire in US? kira mcm program malaysia my 2nd home ke?

memang takde program us my2nd home. my wife's sister is a citizen there. she married an american. my biras ni dah banyak kali ajak we all migrate. my sister-in-law can sponsor her sister and immediate family. dapat semacam pr lah nanti.
tapi kalau tak dapat pun, boleh kot guna b1/b2 visa, keluar every six months dan masuk semula.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-12-2012 07:18 PM | Show all posts
bro baik settle down kat NZ, bnyak org dr usa, germany bersara kat sini, nyamaN dan aman kt NZ

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-12-2012 12:17 AM | Show all posts
AHMADVW posted on 13-12-2012 07:18 PM
bro baik settle down kat NZ, bnyak org dr usa, germany bersara kat sini, nyamaN dan aman kt NZ

nz memang salah satu destinasi yang di pertimbangkan.
tapi takut keboringan lah.
aman dan nyaman tu mula-mula je boleh lah appreciate, tapi kalau duduk boring malam-malam, susah jugak.
kat us kurang boring. dan kalau pilih tempat yang betul macam virginian countryside, aman dan nyaman jugak.
bro duduk di nz ke?

Use magic Report

Post time 20-12-2012 03:18 AM | Show all posts
elroy@rovers posted on 20-12-2012 12:17 AM
nz memang salah satu destinasi yang di pertimbangkan.
tapi takut keboringan lah.
aman dan nyaman ...

dulu duk sana, thinking nak migrate next year
maybe nz or oz,, still thinking,,
tgh jual, clear aset2 yg ada kat tanah melayu nih

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-12-2012 12:06 PM | Show all posts
AHMADVW posted on 20-12-2012 03:18 AM
tgh jual, clear  ...

saya pun thinking about all three countries.
ada close relatives in all three countries.
oz yang paling dekat tapi yang paling mahal. nz yang paling murah tapi yang paling sunyi.
us yang paling jauh tapi CoL dan suasana sederhana.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-12-2012 02:22 PM | Show all posts
elroy@rovers posted on 21-12-2012 12:06 PM
saya pun thinking about all three countries.
ada close relatives in all three countries.
oz yang ...

wow best nye,
sy pgi sbatang kara shj, dh  muak duk msia,,

smua brg mahal. politik macam hampas,,

baik kita upgrade dirisendiri,,

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 31-1-2013 09:50 PM | Show all posts
Note: Thread has been banned by manager

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2013 11:38 AM | Show all posts
AHMADVW posted on 20-12-2012 03:18 AM
tgh jual, clear  ...

assalamualaikum wbt ahmad

selamat pagi..

emm..
jadi ke nak migrate?

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2013 11:41 AM | Show all posts
yeepi_33 posted on 4-2-2013 11:38 AM
assalamualaikum wbt ahmad

selamat pagi..

salam bro, 23hb sy brangkat , kira jadilah,,
u bila nk migrate?

enung2kan lah datA DIBAWAH ni,,

pngalaman menukar duit di money changer
2008 NZ dollar rate 1.9
2008 OZ dollar rate 2.5
2013 NZ dollar rate 2.6
2013 OZ dollar  rate 3.2

what happens to our country?. no progress for past 5 years

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2013 11:44 AM | Show all posts
waalaikummussalam wbt

hai elroy@rovers

selamat pagi..

so cmne sekarang..dah dapat info ke nak migrate us?

btw, lau elroy tak kisah, yeep nak tanya sikit..

- elroy xde anak ke?..mmg berdua je lah ye..ngn wife?..best nya...
- kat malaysia ni tinggal kat mana..rumah, kereta nnt cmne..jual ke bagi kat org or elroy simpan tuk kegunaan bila balik malaysia?
- elroy tak rasa cm mahal ke nak balik malaysia tuk health inspection?

nway, yeep wish elroy all the best ..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

16-4-2024 04:19 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.099027 second(s), 47 queries .