CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: whitedove

Japanese Entertainment News & Info HERE! [part VI]

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 2-7-2013 11:21 PM | Show all posts
Berryz Kobo to hold their 1st solo live concert at Nippon Budokan + Hello Kitty performs “Love Machine” w/Morning Musume

On May 19th, it was announced that idol group Berryz Kobo will hold their first solo live concert at Nippon Budokan on November 29th. The announcement was made by the producer Tsunku♂ at Hello! Project’s live event held at Hibiya Open-air Concert Hall.

=====

When the intro for “Cho HAPPY SONG” began playing, Tsunku♂ appeared on the stage, and stopped the music. He then asked Berryz Kobo members, “As you guys know, ℃-ute is holding their first solo concert at Nippon Budokan on September 10th which is the ‘℃-ute day’, but do you Berryz Kobo really wish to hold a concert there as well?”

After a member Tsugunaga Momoko answered with “Yes,” Tsunku♂ asked the audience, “Will you guys be able to support Berryz Kobo?“, and the audience answered with great shouts of joy. Seeing the audience’ response, Tsunku♂ said, “If you guys are serious, let’s do it at the Budokan!“, revealing the date for the concert. “It will be on November 29, the ‘Ii Tsunku no Hi (lit. “Good Tsunku day”)’! If I don’t see Berryz Kobo’s seriousness, Sharam Q (the band Tsunku belongs) will take over it! The audience of 10,000 at the Budokan. Work hard and get the concert across.” He said.

With this announcement, the captain of the group Shimizu Saki could not hold her tears back, and Tsugunaga (aka “Momochi”) also told the audience of 3,000, “I want it to be a big success! Please come see your favorite Momochi and Berryz Kobo.”

℃-ute members also congratulated Berryz Kobo, “We’re happy both Berryz Kobo and ℃-ute can hold a concert at the Budokan. Let’s improve, and do our best at the Budokan.”

=====

The event held on the 19th was titled as “Hibiya Yaon 90 Shuunen Kinen Jigyou Hello! Project Yaon Premium LIVE ~Soto Fes~ supported by Hellosmile“. It was a part of a project between FM radio station TOKYO FM and the Hibiya Open-air Concert Hall that is celebrating their 90th anniversary since it was first established. ‘Hellosmile’ was established by TOKYO FM in 2010 as a project to help raise awareness about cervical cancer among women in their twenties and thirties.

A total 48 Hello! Project members appeared at the live event. Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, and S/mileage performed each of their new songs “Sayonara Usotsuki no Watashi” (to be released on June 19th), “Adam to Eve no Dilemma” (to be released on July 10th), and “Atarashii Watashi ni Nare!!” (to be released on July 3rd) respectively.

‘Hellosmile’ is also supported by Sanrio’s popular character Hello Kitty, which made a surprise appearance at the event. Morning Musume’s leader Michishige Sayumi invited Hello Kitty to join their performance of their hit song “Love Machine” and together they put on a lively dance performance on stage.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/05 ... ith-morning-musume/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 2-7-2013 11:24 PM | Show all posts
DIR EN GREY’s Kyo hospitalized for tonsillitis

DIR EN GREY’s Kyo (Vo) has been hospitalized due to tonsillitis.

The other day, Kyo visited the hospital after poor health and high fever where the doctor diagnosed him with tonsillitis. Because of his willingness to hold lives as scheduled, he was urgently admitted into the hospital for treatment and rest.

DIR EN GREY is currently in the middle of their live tour, ‘TOUR2013 TABULA RASA‘. They recently held shows on May 15th and 16th at Shinkiba STUDIO COAST.

Their special live, ‘TOUR2013 TABULA RASA -Ageha no Hane no Yume wa Sanagi-‘, is scheduled to be held on May 24th at Shibuya Public Hall. At this moment, this concert is to be held as planned. However, it may be postponed depending on Kyo’s condition.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/05 ... ed-for-tonsillitis/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-7-2013 11:27 PM | Show all posts
EXILE’s MAKIDAI & Kutsuna Shiori to co-star in new late-night drama ‘Machiisha Jumbo!!’

On May 19th, it was announced that EXILE’s Maki Daisuke (also known as MAKIDAI) and actress Kutsuna Shiori are going to co-star in the live-action adaptation of Koshino Ryo’s manga ‘Machiisha Jumbo!!‘ on NTV.

‘Machiisha Jumbo!!’ is currently being serialized in the weekly magazine ‘Shukan Gendai‘. It is about a doctor with the nickname ‘Jumbo Sensei’ (Maki) who returns to a small port town to get back the 100 million Yen he lent to the local doctor ‘Baba Sensei’. However, the local doctor has died and for some reason he decides to take over his doctor’s office. After the initial shock of the locals, they soon discover that behind his greedy and rude nature, Jumbo is actually a very skilled and earnest doctor himself.

He also makes Baba-sensei’s only daughter ‘Asuka’ (Kutsuna), an inexperienced nurse, work together with him. Asuka inherited the kindness and the passion from her father and isn’t afraid of confronting Jumbo. Together they manage to help out patients and Asuka gradually finds out the real intention of Jumbo’s return.

Maki commented, “Jumbo is the town doctor who faces with the problems happen in the region, or in a family, and takes care of his patients both mentally and physically. I hope that I can express his direct and wild nature well.”

Kutsuna added, “It’s my first drama starring role on a mainstream network, so I can feel a much bigger responsibility this time. I want to prepare myself mentally and firmly face this challenge.”

Other characters include a mysterious nurse that came along with Jumbo – played by Yoshida Yo, a medical journalist played by Fueki Yuko, and the director of the surgical department of a universal hospital – played by Omi Toshinori.

NTV is going to air ‘Machiisha Jumbo!!’ every Thursday at 11:58 pm starting on July 4th.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/05 ... ma-machiisha-jumbo/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-7-2013 11:33 PM | Show all posts
Sakamoto Maaya announces new single, “Hajimari no Umi”

Sakamoto Maaya has announced that she will be releasing a new single titled “Hajimari no Umi” on July 31.

“Hajimari no Umi” has already been picked up as the opening theme for the anime, ‘Tamayura ~More Aggressive~‘, which starts in July. It was written and composed by Onuki Taeko.

For its coupling track, the single will come with a new song (currently untitled) that’s composed by Kitagawa Katsutoshi (ROUND TABLE) and written by Sakamoto herself. It will also include “Okaerinasai ~Acousic Ver.~“, which was also used in ‘Tamayura ~More Aggressive~’.

The limited edition DVD will contain the video clip for “Hajimari no Umi” and digest footage from “COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012→2013 TOUR ‘Mitsubachi’ FINAL~“.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/05 ... le-hajimari-no-umi/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-7-2013 11:35 PM | Show all posts
Yaguchi Mari & Nakamura Masaya file for divorce
2013-06-07 00:15:00

On May 30th, former Morning Musume member and talento Yaguchi Mari (30) and actor Nakamura Masaya (27) filed for divorce. After officially registering the divorce, they made the announcement through both of their agencies.

Though the announcement doesn't clearly state the details for their divorce, one of the biggest reasons is said to be Yaguchi's illicit affair, which was reported on the June 4th issue of "Shukan Josei" (released on May 21st).

According to the magazine, Yaguchi had a few drinks with some men and women back on February 22nd, and on that night, she brought model Umeda Kenzo (25) over to her place. The next morning, her husband Nakamura ran into them at the house when he came back from work ahead of schedule, and apparently, the couple began living separately since then.

They stated, "We have decided to walk separate paths", after many discussions via emails and a proxy from each of their agencies.

Reportedly, both of them intended to avoid the divorce at first, however, they concluded that it was difficult to continue their marriage.

Regarding the distribution of property and compensation, both of their agencies said that they would withhold the agreement, as it is a private matter.

Yaguchi currently has 5 regular programs, however, she's been absent from all of them since the 24th due to acute gastroenteritis. According to a related party, her condition is "getting better, but she hasn't recovered completely yet." Her activities are to resume when she is completely recovered.

=====

*Updated Note
On June 4th, Yaguchi's agency announced that she will leave three of her regular programs which include, NTV's "Hiru Nandesu!", CBC's "Gogosuma ~GO GO! Smile!~", and AmebaStudio's internet program "Joshiryoku cafe ~Yaguchinge-ru~." According to the agency, they are currently discussing her other two regular programs (NHK E-tele's "Fukushima wo Zutto Miteiru TV" and TBS' "Job Tune") as well.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... ya-file-for-divorce

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-7-2013 11:35 PM | Show all posts
Fujiwara Tatsuya to marry his non-celebrity girlfriend this year
2013-06-07 00:35:00

On may 31st, actor Fujiwara Tatsuya (31) held a press conference, and announced that he would be getting married to his non-celebrity girl friend (34) within the year.

Dressed in a black suit, Fujiwara reported with a smile, "Though this is a private matter, I would like to make an announcement to the fans that I am getting married this year to a woman who I've been dating for 9 years."

Reportedly, Fujiwara met the woman through a common acquaintance back in the summer of 2004, and they began dating shortly after.

Regarding his decision on the marriage, he commented, "It's good timing as this year would be the 10th year since we started dating. She supported me during my hard times with acting and filming, so I thought it is the time (for marriage)." He also spoke about the past 9 years, "For me, it was a blink of the eye. I'm grateful to her for staying with somebody like me for this long."

According to Fujiwara, they've already been living together for the last 6 years. "She is a modest and kind person. She is a woman who has always stayed by my side, and supported me."

When asked who she looks like, he answered, "I can't think of anybody who resembles her. She is more like a small animal, kind of like a meerkat. I wonder if she would get angry that I said that."

Regarding their future baby, he revealed that they would leave it to the course of nature.

He also said that he already gave her an engagement ring, but hasn't proposed to her officially. He spoke bashfully about when he went to greet her parents, "They accepted me saying, 'we understand.' I was happy, but a sense of responsibility also started arising at the same time."

The couple have not decided the exact day to register their marriage, as Fujiwara said, "Her birthday is in the summer, but this is not something we need to rush, so we'll just decide while discussing with each other."

Fujiwara was appointed for the lead role for theatre director Ninagawa Yukio's stage play "Shindokumaru" when he was 15 years old, making his acting debut. He is also known for starring in movies like "Battle Royale" (2000) and "Death Note" (2006).

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... irlfriend-this-year

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 2-7-2013 11:39 PM | Show all posts
FUNKY MONKEY BABYS holds their last live concert at the Tokyo Dome
2013-06-07 00:52:00

On June 2nd, popular unit FUNKY MONKEY BABYS held their disbandment live concert, "Omaetachi to no Michi FINAL ~in Tokyo Dome~" at the Tokyo Dome, and ended their 10 years of activities.

At the long-awaited 2-day live concert at theTokyo Dome, the members expressed their gratitude toward an audience of 100,000 (total of both days).

FUNKY MONKEY BABYS' first live concert at the Tokyo Dome was originally planned to be held in July of 2011, however, they canceled it after considering the effect of the 2011 Tohoku earthquake. When the unit announced their disbandment back in November of last year, their agency received an inundation of voices that said they wanted to see the unit's live concert at the Tokyo Dome, and that's how FUNKY MONKEY BABYS' 2-day live concert at the venue came true. Reportedly, there were over 600,000 applications for the pre-order of the tickets.

Soaked with sweat, the 3 members performed a total 25 songs including their masterpieces like "Lovin' Life", "Ato Hitotsu", and "Hero". The members put all their heart and soul into the performances as Funky Kato needed to take oxygen breaks every time he performed a song, by the time the concert was coming to an end. The BABYS (fans) also burned the performances into their memories while dancing, jumping around, and laughing with the members.

Mon-kichi told the audience, "Fan-mon is disbanding, but who knows. DJ Chemical may come back saying 'Ah, doing Fan-mon sounds fun.' It's all up to his feeling."  DJ Chemical who will begin preparing to be the chief priest at his parents' temple, also said, "I will never forget about today. I will see you guys in a different form." Funky Kato, then looked around a full house, and said with tearful eyes, "The days we've walked with you BABYS were full of happiness. Actually, there was only happiness. If it was only 3 of us, it would have been too difficult and painful, and we would have given up." He continued, "When you go through tough times, please listen to our songs, if so, we will never perish. I'm not sure in what way, but let's meet someday again."

At the very end, the 3 members shook hands firmly, and shouted toward the audience while holding each other's hands, "It was the best and happiest live in Fan-mon's history. Thank you for the 10 years." Making the whole venue engulfed with thunderous applause and sobbing. Funky Kato then called out to the audience of 50,000 with "WE ARE", and they responded with "FUNKY MONKEY BABYS!" which was the way they put an end to their 10 years of activities.

Even after the 3 left the stage, the fans sang "Arigatou" all together while wailing.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... t-at-the-tokyo-dome

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-7-2013 11:40 PM | Show all posts
Yabuuchi Yuu's 'Dolly Kanon' to get a live-action drama adaptation
2013-06-07 01:07:00

Yabuuchi Yuu's ongoing manga "Dolly♪Kanon" that is being serialized on Shoujo manga magazine "Ciao," will be getting a live-action drama adaptation, and the main cast members were revealed on the July issue of the magazine that was released on June 3rd.

Dolly♪Kanon is the story of a junior high school student named "Okuda Soshi," who is the most handsome boy at the school. One day, because of an unexpected turn of events, he happens to disguise himself as a girl, and sing songs. He then ends up becoming a super idol named "Kanon" after his performance video is posted on the internet.

The roles of "Okuda Soshi/Kanon" will be played by rookie actress Takahashi Haori (16), and the heroine, "Shishido Kokone" whose hobby is to write and compose songs, will be played by Ayano Mika (19). "Kokone" is the one who makes "Soshi" dress in female attire, and also produces for him.

Takahashi who belongs to STARDUST Promotion, made her debut back in 2008, and grabbed lots of attention when she appeared on TBS drama, "Perfect Blue" as a younger sister of the protagonist. This however, will be the first time for her to take the lead role. She commented, "I was full of anxiety to play a boy, since I'm still inexperienced in acting, but the joy of being able to participate in this work was bigger than that♪"

On the other hand, Ayano made her singing debut last year, and she also made an appearance on Miike Takashi's film "Aku no Kyoten." Ayano commented, "At first, I was not too sure about the way Kokone talks, but before the filming begun, I had a talk with the director, and it allowed me to get Kokone's image down. Hence, I was able to feel at ease during filming."

One of the highlights in the drama will be when "Soshi" transforms into "Kanon", and the viewers will also be able to watch the performances of songs like "Kanon", "i・Love・U", and "Ganbare☆Cinderella." Those songs were originally written by Yabuuchi in the manga, but for the drama, they will add melodies into them. Reportedly, there will also be music videos for the songs which are to be released through the official site.

The live-action drama adaptation of "Dolly♪Kanon" will be directed by up-and-coming director Yuki Saito, and it will be a total of 8 episodes (7 main episodes + spin-off). The drama will be included in the magazine's appendix DVD "Ciao Ciao TV!", starting from the August issue (to be released on July 3rd.). It will also be distributed through the drama's official site, as well as through the Bandai Channel starting on July 23rd.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... on-drama-adaptation

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 2-7-2013 11:43 PM | Show all posts
Yamashita Tomohisa, Karina & Toda Erika to star in new Getsu-9 drama 'SUMMER NUDE'
2013-06-07 03:12:00

Earlier this week, it was announced that singer and actor Yamashita Tomohisa is going to star in the upcoming getsu-9 drama for the new season, 'SUMMER NUDE'.

'SUMMER NUDE' is going to replace the exciting and popular 'Galileo' on Fuji TV on Mondays and feature a more calm setting at a relaxing beach hut. The main plot of this romantic drama will be driven by a love triangle involving the two actresses', Karina and Toda Erika, characters.

Yamashita plays a cameraman named 'Mikuriya Asahi' who works at a small studio near the beach. He still can't forget his former love who left him out of the blue one day. At the beach, he meets 'Natsuki' (Karina). Her fiancé ran away just before their marriage, so she shares the same sad fate as Asahi. Natsuki works at a beach hut that is run by one of Asahi's old friends from school. Toda plays a junior from Asahi's school days, 'Hanae', who has feelings for Asahi.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... 9-drama-summer-nude

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-7-2013 11:44 PM | Show all posts
AKB48's latest single is the best selling single for a female group

Popular idol group AKB48's 31st single "Sayonara Crawl" (released on May 22nd) sold 109,000 copies in the second week, and the cumulative sales number for the single reached 1,872,000 copies.

It exceeded the previous best record for a female group's single sales --1,845,000 copies-- which SPEED had kept for over 15 years with "WHITE LOVE" (released in October 1997).

Until now, AKB48's best selling single was their 26th single "Manatsu no Sounds good!" which sold 1,822,000 copies cumulatively, but they were able to exceed it with the latest single in the second week! Moreover, "Sayonara Crawl" is also the best selling single for the first week release, which sold 1,763,000 copies. It's also the record holder for both male and female artists.

AKB48 had swept 6 singles categories for a female group, which included "total number of chart topping singles", "the number of consecutive chart topping singles", "total number of million-selling singles", "the number of consecutive million-selling singles", "total sales number for all singles", and "sales number for the first week."

And with their latest single, they added one more notch to their belt, "the cumulative sales for a single" category.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... -for-a-female-group

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-7-2013 11:51 PM | Show all posts
'DOCTORS' to return with a new season and a special drama
2013-06-07 03:17:00

It was recently announced that actor Sawamura Ikki is going to reprise his role as a super doctor in the second season and special of the hit drama 'DOCTORS ~Saikyou no Meii~' that aired on TV Asahi in 2011.

The drama is written by Fukuda Yasushi ('Galileo', 'Ryomaden') and portrays the shocking current state of a medical system that has long abandoned its actual mission of saving people. It's set at the Dogami General Hospital, which has run into financial difficulties. 'Sagara Kosuke'(Sawamura) is a heartless and incredibly skilled surgeon who hasn't yet lost sight of his mission as a doctor. In his own way, he tries his best to reform the hospital and to get his colleagues back on the right path.

On the June 1st special episode, the hospital was threatened by a huge organization and university hospital. Other recurring characters include Takashima Masanobu as the surgeon 'Moriyama Suguru', Ito Ran as the internist 'Minagawa Kazue', Higa Manami as the nurse 'Miyabe Sachi', and Nogiwa Yoko as the hospital director 'Dogami Tamaki'.

'DOCTORS 2 ~Saikyou no Meii~' is going to air every Thursday at 9:00 pm starting in July.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... and-a-special-drama

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-7-2013 11:58 PM | Show all posts
'Kodoku no Gourmet' to return for a 3rd season
2013-06-07 03:26:00

TV Tokyo has announced that the food gourmet drama 'Kodoku no Gourmet', based on Kusumi Masayuki and Taniguchi Jiro's manga of the same name, is going to return for a third season this summer.

Actor Matsushige Yutaka is once again going to play the protagonist 'Inogashira Goro'. The rest of the drama will continue in the exact same style as the previous two seasons and feature more sweets and light meals that made the second season so popular. Kusumi himself will also be appearing in a short segment at the end of the drama to give viewers more information.

It's already known that the food exploration crew will head to Hinodecho in Yokohama, Kanagawa and Akabane in Kita, and Tokyo among many other places.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... n-with-a-3rd-season

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-7-2013 12:01 AM | Show all posts
Mitsushima Hikari to star as a single mother in the new drama 'Woman'
2013-06-07 03:38:00

On May 22, NTV announced a new summer drama about a single mother with two children, titled 'Woman' (tentative), starring actress Mitsushima Hikari.

The drama is another original story written by Sakamoto Yuji, the creator of popular dramas such as 'Mother' and 'Saikou no Rikon'. 'Aoyagi Koharu' (Mitsushima) loses her husband in an unforeseen accident and is left with their two children and not much money. Her beloved children give her the strength to keep on living and to challenge all difficulties head-on.

Koharu's own mother will be played by actress Tanaka Yuko, and actor Kobayashi Kaoru will play her father. Moreover, the supporting cast is going to feature the two actresses Nikaido Fumi andTanimura Mitsuki.

Child actress Suzuki Rio was cast in the role of Koharu's oldest daughter. She already impressed as the young 'Yae' in the current NHK taiga drama 'Yae no Sakura'. The child actor for the role of her younger brother has yet to be decided.

NTV is going to air 'Woman' every Wednesday at 10:00 pm starting in July.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... -in-new-drama-woman

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-7-2013 12:04 AM | Show all posts
Okada Masaki & Kutsuna Shiori to star in a movie adaptation of Isaka Kotaro's 'Oh! Father'
2013-06-07 04:32:00

It's been announced that actor Okada Masaki will be starring in a live-action movie adaptation of Isaka Kotaro's popular novel "Oh! Father."

This will mark the third time that Okada will be participating in a film adaptation of Isaka's works after "Ahiru to Kamo no Coin Locker" (directed by Nakamura Yoshihiro) and "Juryoku Pierrot" (directed by Mori Junichi). This time, he will team up with rookie film director Fujii Michihito.

Okada's role will be a high school boy named "Yukio" who lives with his mother and four different fathers. Yukio believes he is just an ordinary person, but he is actually highly skilled at everything as his fathers' hammer many different things into his head.
Yukio's four fathers are "Satoru", a clear-headed university professor, "Taka", a true gambler who has good intuition, "Aoi", a former host who teaches Yukio his way with women, and "Isao", a physical education teacher at a junior high school who loves combat sports. Sano Shiro, Kawahara Masahiko, Murakami Jun, and Miyagawa Daisuke will play the fathers, respectively.

The movie is a comedy that depicts the family getting involved in unexpected incidents after witnessing a certain robbery.

Actress Kutsuna Shiori will play the heroine "Taeko" who claims to be Yukio's girlfriend, and other cast members include Emoto Akira, Kaku Kento, and Sakakibara Tetsuji.

"Oh! Father" is scheduled to open in theaters in 2014.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... a-kotaros-oh-father

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-7-2013 12:11 AM | Show all posts
Kitagawa Keiko & Fukada Kyoko to co-star for the first time in horror movie 'Roommate'
2013-06-07 05:09:00

It's been announced that Kitagawa Keiko and Fukada Kyoko will be co-starring with each other for the first time in the upcoming horror movie "Roommate", which will be directed by Furusawa Takeshi.

"Roommate" is based on the novel of the same name released back in 1997 by Imamura Aya, who passed away earlier this year. Though many of Imamura's works have been adapted into dramas since the 1990s, this will mark the first film adaptation for her work.

The film centers around a shared room. The protagonist "Hagio Harumi" (Kitagawa) meets a nurse Nishimura Reiko (Fukada) at a hospital she was in due to a traffic accident, and they hit it off with each other. Eventually, they decide to start a room share together after Harumi was discharged from the hospital. One day, Harumi sees mysterious incidents occur one after another caused by Reiko's bizarre actions. Soon, things go as far as murder. When Harumi starts feeling in danger, someone who exactly looks like Reiko with the name "Mari" appears in front of her.

Kitagawa commented, "I want the viewers to feel the impact I felt when I first read the script, so I have to express the impact through my acting as Harumi." Regarding Fukada, she said, "She usually gives me a calm and soft impression, but I'm amazed how she acts different depending on the scene. I'm just trying my best to catch up to her."

Fukada also left a comment, saying, "When I read the script, I couldn't imagine how it would end, so I wanted to express the elation I felt in the film. Though it's a very difficult role, I would like to be able to trick the viewers, while consulting with the director and enjoying myself."

The filming already began in early May and is said to be end within June. "Roommate" is set for release this fall.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... rror-movie-roommate

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-7-2013 12:13 AM | Show all posts
Arashi's latest single tops Oricon weekly chart
2013-06-07 05:14:00

Popular group Arashi's 41st single "Endless Game" (released on May 29th) sold 478,000 copies in the first week of its release, topping Oricon's weekly ranking.

This makes 30 consecutive chart-topping singles (37th single in total) for the group since "PIKA★★NCHI DOUBLE" (released in February 2004). Topping the chart for 30 consecutive singles has only been achieved by B'z, KinKi Kids, and Mr.Children, so Arashi is the fourth to accomplish the feat. Also, their total number of chart topping singles is now tied for second place at 37 with Hamasaki Ayumi. (No.1 is B'z at 46 singles).

"Endless Game" is being used as the theme song for member Sakurai Sho's ongoing Fuji TV drama "Kazoku Game".

SOurce: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... oricon-weekly-chart

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 3-7-2013 12:15 AM | Show all posts
KinKi Kids' Domoto Tsuyoshi to team up with Fukuda Yuichi once again for a new horror comedy drama
2013-06-07 06:15:00

KinKi Kids' Domoto Tsuyoshi will star in a new TBS drama "Tenma-san ga Yuku" that will begin airing in July. This will be the first time in about four years for Domoto to star in a drama, and he'll be teaming up with Fukuda Yuichi (Kodomo Keisatsu", "Ore wa Mada Honki Dashitenai dake") who has worked with Domoto previously in "33pun Tantei" series.

"Tenma-san ga Yuku" is a horror comedy written and directed by Fukuda himself. The protagonist "Tenma" (Domoto), who has a hereditary ability to get in contact with ghosts, is the second president of a company to rid ghosts, however, contrary to his ability, he is a big coward. Since Tenma has no guts to exterminate the ghosts, he solves the ghost extermination requests by listening to what the ghosts say then tries to dispel their regrets or persuades them softly.

Other cast members include Kawaguchi Haruna (as the female employee at Tenma's company), Minagawa Sarutoki (as the head clerk at Tenma's company), Serina (as Tenma's neighbor who runs after him), Sato Jiro (as Tenma's deceased father who appears in his dream), and Morisaki Hiroyuki (as a detective who snoops around Tenma).

Not only starring in the drama, Domoto will also sing the theme song which he created after receiving a request from Fukuda. Moreover, he is also in charge of the opening instrumental song for the drama.

"Tenma-san ga Yuku" will be aired on TBS' drama NEO time slot starting in July (every Monday at 12:28 am).

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... horror-comedy-drama

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-7-2013 12:17 AM | Show all posts
Porno Graffitti to perform at overseas events this summer
2013-06-07 06:18:00

On June 4, it was revealed that popular unit Porno Graffitti will be performing at a few events overseas this summer. It will mark their first appearance at the live outside of Japan.

The events they will be attending are "Anime Expo 2013" (Los Angeles, U.S.A) on July 6, "Pentaport Rock Festival 2013" (Incheon, Korea) on August 2, and "Formoz Festival 2013" (Taipei, Taiwan) on August 4.

The unit has been active domestically, but the members are finally advancing internationally.

Porno Graffitti commented, "If we are able to connect with people from distant countries through music, it would let us see a totally new scene. We would like to enjoy this big challenge very much. "

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... -events-this-summer

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-7-2013 12:20 AM | Show all posts
Takimoto Miori to lend her voice for Miyazaki Hayao's upcoming anime film
2013-06-07 07:48:00

On June 6, the press conference for Miyazaki Hayao's first anime film in 5 years, "Kaze Tachinu", was held, and it was announced that actress Takimoto Miori will lend her voice for the heroine of the film.

"Kaze Tachinu" is an anime film adaptation of Miyazaki's manga of the same name, and it depicts the half of Horikoshi Jiro's life whose models are two men, the designer of a Zero fighter aircraft, Horikoshi Jiro, and a writer, Hori Tatsuo, who both lived in the same era. The protagonist Jiro's voice will be dubbed by Anno Hideaki, who is known as the director of the "Neon Genesis Evangelion" series.

Takimoto's role is the heroine "Satomi Naoko". At the press conference, Takimoto commented, "As this was an amazing opportunity, I just tried my hardest. To prepare for it, I watched old movies and learned how the ladies from the era talked." The producer Suzuki Toshio revealed that Takahata Isao recommended Takimoto to voice the heroine, and the director Miyazaki held an audition for her, saying, "It can be trusted if 'Paku-san' (Takahata's nickname) said so."

On the day, other splendid cast members were also revealed, including Nishijima Hidetoshi,Nishimura Masahiko, Steve Alpert, Kazama Morio, Takeshita Keiko, Kunimura Jun, Shida Mirai, Otake Shinobu, and Nomura Mansai.

Anime film "Kaze Tachinu" is set to open in theaters on July 20.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... upcoming-anime-film

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-7-2013 12:23 AM | Show all posts
Oguri Shun to play a deceased husband in new drama 'Woman'
2013-06-07 21:40:00

Actor Oguri Shun will be appearing in the upcoming NTV drama 'Woman' starring Mitsushima Hikari.

It's the first time for Mitsushima and Oguri to work together. She plays the single-mother 'Aoyagi Koharu' and he portrays her deceased husband named 'Shin'. The script is written by Sakamoto Yuji ('Mother', 'Saikou no Rikon') and follows the difficult life of Koharu after being left alone with their two children.

Oguri's character, Shin, used to be a venturesome mountain climber and traveled the world to find new challenges. He settled down after meeting Koharu and got married, having two children and leading to Shin's decision to stop mountain climbing. He found himself a more mundane and less dangerous job - only to fall victim to a whim of fate and losing his life in an unexpected accident.

The first episode of 'Woman' will air on July 3.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... -in-new-drama-woman

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 08:51 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.336912 second(s), 41 queries .