Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 33457|Reply: 134

Singapore can continue reclamation work around Tuas, Pulau Tekong

Close [Copy link]
SFE talk This user has been deleted
Post time 9-10-2003 01:04 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
HAMBURG, Germany: Singapore has won its reclamation case against Malaysia at the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea.

The 21-judge panel has decided that Singapore can continue its reclamation work around Tuas and Pulau Tekong.

Advertisement

This is an important case for Singapore, as it is the first bilateral dispute to be heard by an international court and any stop work order would have cost contractors and the Singapore Government tens of millions of dollars.

Two weeks ago, Malaysia took the Republic to the tribunal and asked it to order the Republic to stop its reclamation work around Tuas and Pulau Tekong.

Malaysia claims Singapore's reclamation off Tuas violates its territorial waters while the work off Pulau Tekong is damaging Malaysia's beaches and harming its fisheries.

Singapore denied both these allegations, saying Malaysia has no claim to the area being reclaimed.

Singapore has sent detailed environmental studies to Kuala Lumpur to prove the work is not harming the marine environment.

Towards the end of the three-day hearing, Malaysia changed tack and said that having heard Singapore's case, it was only worried about the reclamation work in one area - south of Pulau Tekong.

Malaysia just wants an assurance Singapore will not fill-in this area before the actual case goes to arbitration.

Noting the change in Malaysia's position, and agreeing with the arguments put forward by Singapore, the tribunal gave Singapore the go-ahead to continue its reclamation work.

But with regards to work off Pulau Tekong, the tribunal has ordered the two countries to set up a group of independent experts who will monitor the reclamation work off Pulau Tekong and keep Malaysia informed on any developments.

Singapore's request for Malaysia to bear its costs, however, was turned down. Each country will bear their own costs. - CNA

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-10-2003 02:46 PM | Show all posts
The tribunal rejected all of Singapore's preliminary objections and other technical objections relating to the proceedings. It expressed unanimously  the clear view that Malaysia was justified in commencing the proceedings and that there was a prima facie jurisdiction over the dispute.

It noted: "An assessment concerning the impact of the land reclamation works on waters under the jurisdiction of Malaysia has not been undertaken by Singapore".

Singapore's application for costs of the proceedings to be borne by Malaysia was also dismissed.

For the full report, see below (and it will expose SFE's lies about a Singapore victory):
http://www.itlos.org/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-10-2003 03:32 PM | Show all posts
The tribunal totally rejected Malaysia request for Singapore to stop reclaimation.
We get to continue. In effect, so in effect Malasyia lost.

I know that this is not reported in Msian press.

Let me tell you also that the Msian team switched charges in mid stream, thsi was also not reported in the Msian press.

cheers

Use magic Report

Post time 9-10-2003 03:43 PM | Show all posts
No need to say anything. The full report is in the link that I provided.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-10-2003 10:51 PM | Show all posts
Yes, the full report says that Singapore gets to continue reclaimation. And thats the key point that Msian press attempts to miss out.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-10-2003 05:13 PM | Show all posts
Tommy Koh is a very nice guy.. very humble for your info

Use magic Report

Follow Us
pilotMAS This user has been deleted
Post time 14-10-2003 07:08 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SFE talk at 2003-10-9 10:51 PM:
Yes, the full report says that Singapore gets to continue reclaimation. And thats the key point that Msian press attempts to miss out.

It is a very big mistake to be close enough to the Royal Naval base Tg.Pengelih..not even a mile distance-said defense strategist from Asia Pacific Defense Journal Magazine...

hehehehehhe...i can laugh only seeing my republican mate keep-on making mistake....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-10-2003 10:26 PM | Show all posts
Yes indeed, taking the case to an international court was a mistake by Msia.  

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-10-2003 10:37 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SFE talk at 2003-10-14 10:26 PM:
Yes indeed, taking the case to an international court was a mistake by Msia.  

Its not a mistake dude...just malaysia don want singapoh making big mistake to be near to Royal Naval base.....

Like most of international correspodence defence said....Singapore making huge mistake to make their coastline near to Malaysia especially near to Malaysia Navy base..imagine what malaysia could do if there is confrotation between two country. Singapore cannot claim Malaysia provoking the Singapore if the Royal Navy held their gunship towards Singapore..because of the short distance turning point for the Navy Ship..Its could be the ship want to turn or else really to point the gun to Singapore!!

heheheheh...hehehehehehehh

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-10-2003 10:40 PM | Show all posts
The whole of Singapore is near the naval base you dummy.
Do you really think Singapore is afraid of some Msian naval base?
If there is a conflict it is the naval base that is in trouble, not the other way around.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-10-2003 10:48 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SFE talk at 2003-10-14 10:40 PM:
The whole of Singapore is near the naval base you dummy.
Do you really think Singapore is afraid of some Msian naval base?
If there is a conflict it is the naval base that is in trouble, not the ...

i could not say no more..due to my position as ex airforce pilot....it is TOP SECRET..i would be caught if i do so...just to pleased Kiasu like you bro!! not worth it seyyyyyyy...heheheh...

Then you can keep on believe whatever you want to believe...and your government want you to believe!!...heheheheh...I do understand..who else not being patriotic of their nation...everybody does!!!...not blamming u...

Yeahhh...yeahhhh...Singapoh 'are the greattest millitary power' in the south east asian..nobody denies that...even Malaysian capablebility only at same level like Laos and Cambodia...everybody knows....keh...keh...keh...keh...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-10-2003 11:36 PM | Show all posts
Threats will never work with us. I don't believe you were a pilot of any sort. You sound too dumb lah.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-10-2003 11:42 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SFE talk at 2003-10-14 11:36 PM:
Threats will never work with us. I don't believe you were a pilot of any sort. You sound too dumb lah.

heheheh...yeah...yeahhh...agree with u agains laaa Kiasu....me just impersonator only loooo....just a aircraft cabin cleaner maaaa....keh...keh...keh...keh

Use magic Report

Post time 15-10-2003 12:00 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SFE talk at 2003-10-14 11:36 PM:

heheheh...tell me that u were making jokes!!!....because of u all feel threaten to be surrounded by us and Indonesia then that why ur government always scared u all with the fairy tales that one day malaysia will attack on the island and ur government have thousand of contigency to defend ur country involving all the citizens??.....U not scared dont you??...hehehehehhehe

yeah...yeahh...once agains i'm agree with u...if malaysian force joint with indonesia...still easily Singapoh can win the battle....hehehehheh...singapoh the Superpower loooooo..in this region seyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-10-2003 10:18 AM | Show all posts
What has all these to do with singapore winning the right to continue land reclamation?

Use magic Report

PaiMaiShiong This user has been deleted
Post time 16-10-2003 11:29 AM | Show all posts
My sources told me its nothing big for Singapore to win by the tribunal. Before
hand they predict if Malaysia wins, Singapore will in deep lost of having to
spent so much on it, and if Singapore wins (they did won), they still lose in
the long run, it 20years or so they need to re-work again on the reclamation of
tuas and tekong, thats a long run lost

So what is that having to do with Malaysia bought that matters to the tribunal,
not because of that Malaysian naval base thing or fishing envir. or so, Are
they fool having to know that Singapore will sure win the case? However, which
Malaysia political personnel that have a behind hand in providing the project
with rock/sand/stone/gravel. I think Malaysian did not want to hear complaint
someday related to poor quality of material provided, So they bought the matter
up so that it will become official that Singaproe interesting in the reclamation
work. As for singaporean, we know we already spent so much, and will going to
spend again someday, we deserve win though, but what moral do we got in the long
run, still a loser. nothing controversial here everybody. just my 2 cents opinion
dont want stamped as unpatriotic

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 16-10-2003 11:33 AM | Show all posts
Huh? Pay more again? What nonsence.
Did you calculate the resultant land use from the reclaimation?

The reason why Msia sued Singapore was purely because of Mahathir, full stop. He just wants to try his luck at poking Singapore. Of course, it backfires on him everytime simply because he never thought properly before he made his moves.

peace

Use magic Report

PaiMaiShiong This user has been deleted
Post time 16-10-2003 12:07 PM | Show all posts
Its true, Mahathir its a ding dong man
Whether it backfires back to him or smooth running, thats nothing to
do with Singapore people dollar bond that is running on the project.

Its running bad today, and in 20 years its bad again, What the heck
We dried up my friend. The only thing that can help Singapore is Bush
planning to expose more econ bilateral with us, if that thing came
through, i think Singapore will survive
or she become like Shoron state, kisses bush arse to get special fund

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-10-2003 12:38 PM | Show all posts
Surely you cannot be a Singaporean. You are so ignorant of what is happening in this country. Singapore will survive and thrive. The foundations are strong and the policies flexible. Thats why Mahathir wasnt to destabilise us by various means. Its a dumb policy that has hurt Msia.

Use magic Report

89MM89 This user has been deleted
Post time 16-10-2003 02:14 PM | Show all posts
Mahathir,the ding dong man ---  whatever you or your clowns can spew out, bring them on !

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 09:22 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.382556 second(s), 46 queries .