[Copy link]
Post time 15-1-2004 06:07 AM | Show all posts
aku minat sarah ngan tori amos...
sekian....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-3-2004 12:27 AM | Show all posts
Nanti aku nak beli la album Afterglow..

Skrg ni aku tgh ketagih dgr lagu Fallen...bila tertengok VC dia kat MTV / Channel V, mesti kuatkan volume....;)

TO BE HONEST, I think Sarah McLachlan has the best voice among international female singers (tie with Shania Twain and Sade)...then only followed by Madonna...

Christina Aguilera - aku x jd lah nak minat dia...menjerit over sgt..:agr:

Since last week, aku rasa geram gilerr pasal Sarah x menang Grammy - utk category 'Best Female Pop Vocal Perfomance' (for the song Fallen)...menyesal aku sokong X-tina yg bangang tuh..nf:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-3-2004 12:31 AM | Show all posts
grammy last week?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-3-2004 12:31 AM | Show all posts
sarah mclachlan penah menang vokal terbaik kat grammy. tak ingat thn bile.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2004 12:34 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sayangidaku at 7-3-2004 12:31 AM:
grammy last week?

Maksud aku - since last week, aku terasa geram ngan keputusan tuh...

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2004 12:37 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sayangidaku at 7-3-2004 12:31 AM:
sarah mclachlan penah menang vokal terbaik kat grammy. tak ingat thn bile.

Dah dua kali dia menang utk category vocal perfomance (pop) :

1998 - Building A Mystery
2000 - I Will Remember You

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 7-3-2004 12:38 AM | Show all posts
oh...okay...

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2004 12:40 PM | Show all posts
hmmmm
fallen is not really thattt good
i think lagu2 dari previous album dia better
maybe i havent seen nothing yet...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-3-2004 04:02 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by kulit at 7-3-2004 12:40 PM:
hmmmm
fallen is not really thattt good
i think lagu2 dari previous album dia better
maybe i havent seen nothing yet...

1994's FTE is still her best album to date...:cool::cool:

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2004 06:43 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by *Orseas_Urusha at 7-3-2004 04:02 PM:

1994's FTE is still her best album to date...:cool::cool:

the first time i kenal artis ni was when i heard her lagu Angel...that song really made me want to buy her single album at that time so i bought the  album "Mirrorball...tu not bad....pehtu dengar lagu baru dia yg ni Fallen pale to comparison lak dengan lagu2 dia dlm Mirrorball..

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2004 09:31 PM | Show all posts
kalau genre adult macam sarah nie.. aku suka paula cole..

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2004 11:47 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Muntz at 7-3-2004 09:31 PM:
kalau genre adult macam sarah nie.. aku suka paula cole..

Paula Cole? Aku suka lagu I Don't Want To Wait, Bethlehem ngan I Believe In Love...dia tu kira OK jugak la..;);)

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2004 11:53 PM | Show all posts
AFTERGLOW..

Soothing, touching, and relatable, March 7, 2004
Reviewer: mr-independent from San Jose (Davis) , Ca United States

Afterglow radiates lyrical and musical content that will embrace souls to emotional states, as Sarah McLachlan has done many of times before from past works. I must admit, I have reviewed this item once before after having listen to this album only several times and was impressed. After months of this album's release was I able to truly gasp the artistry of this cd. Afterglow is truly a success for Sarah McLachlan as this album has already reached double platinum in the US, not to mention Canadians sales and World sales have not been tallied up, and much recognized for her hit single, "Fallen" nominated for a Grammy, as well as five Juno Awards-Juno Fan Choice, Artist Of The Year, Songwriter Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Pop Album Of The Year.-and much more. This CD is wonderful for Sarah McLachlan fans who want to experience a much more sensual (may be incorrect word of choice, but compared to her other work, much more sensual) subtle side of Sarah.

1.Fallen: First released single and is still top 40 released single on Billboard. Great instrumentation as the haunting cello greatly accompanies her vocals. I do recommend fans to check out the 'radio edit" of this track for there is much stronger emphasis on percussion and background vocals, thus creating a much more emotional state of being. "Bitter taste of losing everything I've held so dear, I've fallen"
(5/5)

2.World On Fire: This song, initially did take several times before I found myself humming the tune to. Memorable chorus. Some people say this song is inspired by the aftermath of 9/11 but I will let you be the judge of that. "The more we take, the less we become"
(4/5)

3.Stupid: her current released second single. Watching the music video to this song, I'm sure that there will be a radio edit track for this song, which again I would recommend you to check out as well. There is much more emphasis on the background vocals, further creating better texture and tonality to a great track. This track is the edgiest you will find on this album. Great emphasis on vocals and the cello. "In the deep of my weakness, I know"
(5/5)

4.Drifting: This song is one of the songs I could not find myself liking very much. The instrumentation and lyrical melodic structure within this song is weak. It is very simple and simply supports Sarah. "Larger than your life is your fiction"
(1.5/5)

5.Train Wreck: One of my favorite tracks from this album, and I'm hoping to be released as her third single. Great instrumentation and vocals. The lyrics are very impacting. "Your eyes like midnight fireflies, light up the trenches where my heart lies"
(5/5)

6. Push: this song did not catch my attention at first but only to realize the lyrical content when I was actually experiencing the meaning and content of the song. This song basically sums up ones feeling about love for someone else, and in this case, Sarah written it for Ash. Good lyrics. "When I fall, you offer me a softer place to land"
(4/5)

7.Answer: the only acoustic piano accompanied (well, with light percussion), ballad. Great lyrics and very haunting vocals. "In the burning of uncertainty, I will be your solid ground"
(4/5)

8.Time: one of another great track found on this album. The instrumentation is great, but the vocals are much greater. The lyrics are truly a work of art. "Time here all but means nothing just shadows that move across the walls"
(5/5)

9.Perfect girl: another great song, though most definitely take several listens to enjoy. The piano and percussion are great together as they accompany the soft vocals. Sarah McLachlan has always been a great artist as to intertwine past music into her pieces, such as the introduction of this song contains what is similar to psalmody. "You'll find yourself, you'll find yourself in time"
(5/5)

10.Dirty Little Secrets: another track that will take several listens to before enjoying, but has become one that I frequently listen to. The music within this piece is very subtle, but only needed to support the story that is unraveled by McLachlan's vocals. This piece is very intimate, singer and music that is. "I would not hesitate to tell you all things I never said before"
(4/5)

McLachlan has created a piece of artistry that I highly recommend others to take the time to purchase and not easily dismiss 2.5 years of making. I can no long say that this album does not compare to Surfacing or Fumbling towards Ecstasy because in reality, each album released from Sarah McLachlan is truly different. Each album released from Sarah is like an emotional diary. This album is most definitely about the time span from 1997-2002. I'm very much looking forward to her next album, which won't be out soon, but knowing it will be about the death of her mother and birth of her daughter, as Sarah has mentioned in interviews that it takes her about 5-6 years to process events into her albums. So for those who are confused or misled, this album has nothing to do with the tragic death and beautiful birth of mother and daughter, respectively, that took place in her life. To conclude, I recommend purchasing this cd as it soothes the soul, touches hearts, and is relatable to your personal experiences. Sarah McLachlan, with her artistic talents of composition-both lyrically and musically, and vocal strengths truly captures her character as a woman who is not afraid to reveal her faults and vulnerabilities. Great CD. Something I recommend to listeners of all genres.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obido ... =glance&s=music

Use magic Report

Post time 8-3-2004 01:37 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by *Orseas_Urusha at 7-3-2004 11:53 PM:
AFTERGLOW..

Soothing, touching, and relatable, March 7, 2004
Reviewer: mr-independent f ...

oseas camner nak panggil ni ekk
lagu yg mana yg seakan2 lagu2 lama dia ekk ataupun lagu mana dr list ni yg boleh dikatakan sedap atau seangkatan dengan Angel atau lagu2 dr former album dia

Use magic Report

Post time 8-3-2004 08:56 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by kulit at 8-3-2004 01:37 PM:

oseas camner nak panggil ni ekk
lagu yg mana yg seakan2 lagu2 lama dia ekk ataupun lagu mana dr list ni yg boleh dikatakan sedap atau seangkatan dengan Angel atau lagu2 dr former album dia

I don't buy the album yet! x boleh comment lg..

Use magic Report

Post time 13-3-2004 05:36 PM | Show all posts

...graet album

... baru jer dapatkan album afterglow....

..love her music and all the lyrics... beautiful..

...kurang skit rock dari album sebelum niehh.. tapi still kekal ngan stail sarah ..  lirik2 dia.. really soul touching... tak stop dengar lagi dari pagi tadi..;)

..fallen and world on fire.. are my fav..

..Though I've tried, I've fallen...
      I have sunk so low
        I have messed up
          Better I should know
            So don't come round here
              And tell me I told you so...
.. suker ayat2 sarah....

..nak promote sarah skitt..
if you love her music...pls support her by get her original album

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-3-2004 07:19 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by True-X at 13-3-2004 05:36 PM:
... baru jer dapatkan album afterglow....

..love her music and all the lyrics... beautiful..

...kurang skit rock dari album sebelum niehh.. tapi still kekal ngan stail sarah ..  lirik2 dia..  ...

Aku mmg sentiasa beli album yg ORIGINAL..x main la pirate2!:clap:

Use magic Report

Post time 13-3-2004 08:41 PM | Show all posts

..NO PIRATES???!!

....idup *Orseas_Urusha!...:D

Use magic Report

Post time 13-3-2004 09:37 PM | Show all posts
aku tak minat sangat dia nie.. tapi dulu2 aku suka lagu dia macam "adia" dan boleh kata time tu aku minat gak. tapi bila dah keluar album magical ball (?), dgn lagu "I will remember you"... aku dah start bosan. skarang nie kira ok balik lar.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-3-2004 10:50 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Muntz at 13-3-2004 09:37 PM:
aku tak minat sangat dia nie.. tapi dulu2 aku suka lagu dia macam "adia" dan boleh kata time tu aku minat gak. tapi bila dah keluar album magical ball (?), dgn lagu "I will remember  ...

Mirrorball!:bgrin:

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

7-5-2024 12:42 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.072700 second(s), 41 queries .