CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 11479|Reply: 0

MALAYSIANS GO ALL “WECK-Y” AT PINK BOSU PARTY!

[Copy link]
Post time 3-10-2013 11:08 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Associate Professor Dr Zaharah Aiyub, President of Breast Cancer Welfare Association give her speech

MALAYSIANS GO ALL “WECK-Y” AT PINK BOSU PARTY!

~Celebrity Fitness Malaysia supports Pink October with the FIRST Pink BOSU Party in town~

Kuala Lumpur, 28 September 2013 – In conjunction with Breast Cancer Awareness month, hundreds of participants were put on a challenging yet interesting BOSU workout at Sunway Pyramid, Piazza area, alongside celebrities such as Ning Baizura, Sazzy Falak, Faradina, Goh Wee Ping and many more.

Kris Malhotra (Country Group Fitness Manager of Celebrity Fitness Malaysia), Choi Kwangho (Vice President of Sales and Personal Training of Celebrity Fitness Malaysia) present a mock cheque to Associate Professor Dr Zaharah Aiyub (President of Breast Cancer Welfare Association)

“From the past successful charity event, we want to continue advocating Malaysians that working out can be fun and rewarding. Unlike most charity events, many people might have not heard about BOSU exercise and this is where Celebrity Fitness comes in to introduce the new workout and share the benefits of it – some are surprised that they can jump, run and even meditate on this half-inflated rubber ball, called BOSU!” said Krishnan Malhotra, Country Group Fitness Manager of Celebrity Fitness Malaysia.

Sazzy Falak, one of the participating celebrities couldn’t agree more. “At first, I was a bit hesitant to join this event because I had no idea what BOSU is and now, I must say that I made the right decision to participate in this exciting activity. Not only I get to work out with my fans, I am able to share the laughter, joy and sweat, in the name of charity.”

David Weck (creator of BOSU) give his inspiring speech

Spotted at the event was also Winson Voon, Jason Phang, Daphne Iking and many more. They were working out alongside everybody.

The creator of BOSU, David Weck, made a special appearance during the Pink BOSU Party and welcomed Malaysians with an inspiring speech.

“Seeing so many participants makes me feel so blessed and honored today – I get to share the benefits of working out with BOSU. The various fitness regimes such as BOSU Yoga, BOSU Pilates and BOSU Functional will improve one’s body stability and body alignment while training their neurological system to interact with the musculoskeletal system,” said David Weck.

David Weck signs on the Pink BOSU in conjunction with Breast Cancer Awareness

David Weck and the pink BOSU

Opening dance by instructors from Celebrity Fitness Malaysia

“With the support of our sponsors, participants and members, we are pleased to have raised RM 10,000 within one month! We are truly grateful for everyone’s generosity and we definitely look forward to making this event even bigger next year,” added Krishnan.

All proceeds from this event went to Breast Cancer Welfare Association (BCWA).

“Working to the adage of “prevention is better than cure”, we are happy that Celebrity Fitness Malaysia chose Breast Cancer Welfare Association (BCWA) as beneficiary. Many are not aware that breast cancer is the most common illness in women especially those aged 20 years and above in Malaysia. In fact, one in twenty women is at risk of getting breast cancer and the number has multiplied in the last few years! I’m totally glad that Celebrity Fitness is well aware of this and is helping to educate the public with us,” said Associate Prof. Dr Zaharah Aiyub, President of BCWA.

Participants work out on the BOSU

Celebrities on the BOSU

Proceeds from the charity will be channeled towards the BCWA’s activities including the MURNI (Mobile Unit Reaching Nationwide with Information) programme that conducts clinical breast examinations and teaches breast self-examination within the “urban villages” of the Klang Valley. This also includes public education and training on early detection and treatment of breast cancer and related breast health issues.

The Pink BOSU Party was made possible with the following partners: Sunway Pyramid, Tune Talk, Astro Awani, Asia Web Direct, Biotherm, Blackmores, Silky Girl, Ecoparadise, Revive, CN Health & Beauty, Pathlab, Horleys, Sasa and Kinohimitsu.

About Celebrity Fitness
Celebrity Fitness is one of the region’s most popular and fastest growing fitness brands with a membership base of over 170,000 members and more than 40 clubs in four countries. Celebrity Fitness dominates the market in Indonesia and Malaysia, and has grown wildly popular in India and Singapore. In Malaysia, Celebrity Fitness will increase its club footprint through a much-awaited return to Penang and even entry into East Malaysia with an upcoming club in Kuching. Celebrity Fitness’ philosophy is to treat every member like a celebrity by making certain that everything from its clubs settings to its fitness programs is exclusive and exciting.

This year, Celebrity Fitness celebrates a decade of being a forerunner of fitness innovation and pioneer of the unique lifestyle concept of combining fitness and entertainment. Celebrity Fitness clubs boast the latest state-of-the-art fitness equipment from world-class brands including Technogym, Life Fitness, ViPR and BOSU. Among Celebrity Fitness’ signature group fitness classes are their trademark Floating Yoga, the wildly popular Dance N’ Attitude (DNA) dance fitness program, and their Tour de France inspired Peloton cycling class. Complementing these unique and innovative classes is the team of Celeb X Coaches who are among the industry’s most qualified and stringently assessed Personal Trainers.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 01:48 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070941 second(s), 28 queries .