Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Wong Onn Yong

Martial Art : Aikido

[Copy link]
Post time 16-4-2004 12:24 PM | Show all posts

sensei benz

OSU!!! sensei...

my sensei is Ramlan Ahmed, 3rd Dan IYAF. he also used to train at tmn maluri and Sensei Sonny Loke is his 1st teacher.

i joined Shudokan Malaysia since August 2003.
compared to you, i'm still new... hein?

'hip power'!!! - agree with you... 100%
my sensei also always emphasize on it

at my level, i can't give ideas as details as you did

thank you sensei...

OSU!!!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

benz_my This user has been deleted
Post time 16-4-2004 02:38 PM | Show all posts
Osu...

Dont call me sensei, and I am not used to it. You can just call me Ben. Oh ya, Ramlan used to be my grading partner if I am not mistakken.

That's great, I hope you love this art.
Oh no, please dont say that....never ever judge by level. Maybe, you have better thought that others may not realize yet so spoke out.
This is the best place to share and discuss. ya...... No sensei or student thiggy in this forum.

You should invite more Aikidoka come to this Aikido discussion....

Osu

Use magic Report

Post time 17-4-2004 12:49 AM | Show all posts

well well well...

Osu!!!

mr. ben,
not many aikidokas here in this forum.
waiting for mr. wong to report in...

however, do you join the yoshinkan yahoogroups?

i'm thinking of shudokan members... but
our Shudokan KL yahoogroups is also silent right now

c u all next week, with new technique to discuss

Osu

Use magic Report

Post time 18-4-2004 03:09 PM | Show all posts
Osu...

ic..............Unfortunately, i hurt my albow during my jutjisu training with my freind. they are really good on the ground.

Sure, bring up more technics so we can discuss them...
oh well...............say Osu to you sensei, and i dont think he remembers me.

Who is Mr.Wong?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-4-2004 05:54 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by benz_my at 18/4/2004 03:09 PM:
Osu...

ic..............Unfortunately, i hurt my albow during my jutjisu training with my freind. they are really good on the ground.

Sure, bring up more technics so we can discuss them...
o ...

I'm taking Aikikai style for very long time, tried Yoshinkan style for a quite short while as well in Maluri and Seri Kembangan located in Serdang Perdana formerly. After i knew the real "face" of Yoshinkan style in former location of Seri Kembangan Dojo, i decided that i'm better to countine staying at my former Aikikai dojo in Bangsar. I was not longer in Bangsar because busy of work then stopped for a short term, but resumed my practice of Aikikai style in Malaysia Aikido Association HQ since ending of last year.:lol

O Sensei's action was very rough in his young ages, but he maintained that "Aiki" is a "love" form of budo in old ages because he corveted to Omoto religion. It's wrong if Aikikai style is reffered as a gentle style while Shinshin Toitsu Aikido by Tohei is an actual gentle style of Aikido, Aikikai style has a bit force actually but not as bold as Yoshinkan style. Aikikai has no using "chi" but depend on hip and wrist power, of course Aikido is not comes from Taichi but various styles of Jujutsu, Kenjutsu and Yarijutsu. Aikikai styles is more attending about spiritual matter actually, it's why applying way for technqiues of Aikikai style has no resist and struggle then capture opponent with harmony "brain".

I stopped my Aikikai style practice in last month with reason of financial problem, there's no way for me in sundays because i need to work in sunday (my company wants modal returning).

[ Last edited by Wong Onn Yong on 20-4-2004 at 07:59 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-4-2004 08:20 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by HangJebat at 17/4/2004 12:49 AM:
Osu!!!

mr. ben,
not many aikidokas here in this forum.
waiting for mr. wong to report in...

however, do you join the yoshinkan yahoogroups?

i'm thinking of shudokan members... but
our  ...

Mr Jebat,

I'm back here already, thanks to waiting for me. I feel sad of Shudokan KL Yahoo group becomes very silent, and also miss Ramlan Sensei very much. Ramlan Sensei is such a nice shidoin ever i meet, he didn't charged me with much expsensive fees like that blood sucker. I though training fees of every Yoshinkan dojo is exspensive while it's false, it's why i recommend Shudokan Dojos' webpage to everybody of this from strongly. Ramlan Sensei has a quite nice temper, sporting and mind opened, it's such a luck for practice under him!

I wish that i can back to visit Seri Kembangan Dojo at future, it's great we can meet each others in reality. Ramlan Sensei doesn't know that i'm still standing in side of Aikikai style, i fear to let he knows it. Because i can't to usual my own situation in Yoshinkan style, so that i still keep my Aikikai style practice up until now. I was happy while informed that Seri Kembangan Dojo becomes an IYAF Dojo and 3rd Dan promotion of Ramlan Sensei, then tried to congratulation Ramlan Sensei and Seri Kembangan Dojo. I'm happy of improvement belongs to AYSM, it's good job of AYSM!

At the end, i wish Ramlan Sensei and his students (including you) good luck!

[ Last edited by Wong Onn Yong on 20-4-2004 at 08:22 PM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 22-4-2004 03:41 PM | Show all posts
Osu, Wong

I am glad to hear from you here. I am happy that you find Aikikai is the best fit for you. For me, all types of Aikido organizations are the same because all the basic principles are the same, yet the only differents are the way they train.  

I have couple sempais who are from Aikikai and Saito Aikido schools. We are enjoying different schools of training, and this various training is an explosure for us.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-4-2004 11:08 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by benz_my at 22/4/2004 03:41 PM:
Osu, Wong

I am glad to hear from you here. I am happy that you find Aikikai is the best fit for you. For me, all types of Aikido organizations are the same because all the basic principles are t ...

Iwama style isn't it? It had broke away from Zaidan Hojin Aikikai already and renamed as Iwama Shinshin Aiki Shurenkai and Saito Hitohiro Sensei moved to Tanrenkan in Iwama, former Iwama Dojo took over by Aikikai Hombu Dojo and renamed as Zaidan Hojin Aikikai Ibaragi Shibu Dojo then led by Hiroshi Isoyama Sensei as the acting dojocho while Ueshiba Moriteru Doshu is still the head of Iwama dojo.

Well, International Aikido Federation will has a congress in september of this year, Shibuya, Tokyo. I wish that i'll have a chance for a trip to Japan, i like to see the Doshu one more time in reality. I saw Doshu's presentation in Mid Valley, i didn't belief that those japanese shidoins were powerful with their Aikido as well.

Those Aikikai members are effected due to O Sensei was faithful with Omoto religion, do you teaching anything of spiritual related (such as funakogi, furitama, kotodama, etc) in your dojo? Actually, somebodies of western countries mess with Aikido such as "Is Aikido a religion?", "Can christian does Aikido?", "Is Aikido practice has conflict with religion faith?", etc. They're pharisaisms actually then unrespect us, our Aikido and japanese culture, i don't bother anymore about their abusement to our Aikido and just keep my running of my Aikido practice.

Well, O Sensei memorial will be attended in next monday. So, How do you celeberate it? I've no time for that celeberation because busy of work, but i still like to memorize this greatest foundation by O Sensei.

Have a nice day!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 22-4-2004 11:33 PM | Show all posts
Mr Jebat:

This is the most basic of Aikikai style, Kokyu Ho! I just posted Suwari Waza Kokyu Ho, sorry because don't find Tachi Waza Kokyu Ho yet.

Have a nice keiko!

Use magic Report

Post time 24-4-2004 01:12 PM | Show all posts

hait...

kokyu ho... we did it during senior class on thursday
at the end of the training

the technique of that day
- ushiro ryote mochi ko-tehgashe ichi (and ni)

i found it very difficult
especially when i have to move my legs and to turn the body
difficult to maintain the center line
even when i got the ko-tehgashe lock
i always loose it before i step-in to throw

the ni technique is worst than ichi
i bent my body too much when turning to throw the uke
when uke did flip, his leg hit my head

it was my fault...
i don't know if next week i can stay for the senior class again

i also cannot feel
when i'm the uke for that technique

so, mr. ben
any tips???

p/s:
sensei ramlan right now is in kota kinabalu
for women self defense workshop

i'll send you osu next week

[ Last edited by HangJebat on 24-4-2004 at 01:14 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-4-2004 11:17 AM | Show all posts
I'll attend a seminar organized by my former Bangsar Dojo of Aikikai style in 2nd May, 11.30am - 5.30pm at Bdr Tun Razak Sports Complex (previous from swimming pool and opposite of HUKM), those two special guest are Aikikai 6th Dan shihans from Singapore and Kobe, Japan.

kouteh-gaeshi for me is the most simple waza of Aikido, but it maybe different from your kouteh-gaeshi. The next is nikyo ura waza, just turn my opponent's wrist to the top. My favorite basic movement is Taichi Waza Kokyo Ho (omote/ura), and my favorite waza is Aiki Nage. Some wazas of Aikikai such amazing! I don't concern that those are "shingi", Aikido is amazing but not mighty art.

I don't sure that would i return to Malaysia Aikido Assoiation HQ or not, but i just know that i still rest of Aikido. I posted 2 technical tips over this forum, those wazas are belong to Tomiki style (Shodokan Aikido or Sports Aikido). My purpose is let people knows about those 2 techniques, but not learn for those 2 waza applying.

Have a nice day!

[ Last edited by Wong Onn Yong on 28-4-2004 at 06:29 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-4-2004 07:12 PM | Show all posts
Hello folks!

What's up? Do you have Astro at home? I watched an Aikido documentary of National Geographic Channel! I watched those action shots from the current Doshu Ueshiba Moriteru, Saito Hitohiro Sensei, Yamada Sensei Yoshimitsu of New York Aikikai, etc. Kodotama, misogi, funakogi and furitama isn't religioun related as those pharisaisms claim about because they absolutely don't understand, we're just searching behind meaning of budo but not religious beliefs. Right isn't it? :setuju: :lol

I'm happy because my physhological problem has been solved, i feel my "power" returns immediately after watch it because evrything is clears. :clap: 3 of us are quite boldful of samurai spirit as i beliefs, of course samurai never dies eternally! No war is necessary because Aiki is love, peace, harmony and protection over the universe, here comes the true samurai spirit.

Whatever, don't bother anything and just keep our keiko up!

Have a nice day!

Use magic Report

Post time 2-5-2004 02:07 AM | Show all posts
osu,
jebat

it is not a difficult technic. 1st of all, when uke pull you back, you need to make sure that your back leg move to side about 10 to 15 degree and mantain strong posture.

second, when move back your legand turn under uke armpit, you can think of hirikino osae ni. this is to make sure you still focusing on the center line.
after that, finish up the movement as usual...make sure that you dont grab uke hand unitl you turn your hit. during the process, use your pinky finger to guide uke into your position. OK?

i hope it helps you...if not send me an email aikidocsus@yahoo.com

Use magic Report

Post time 2-5-2004 02:10 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Wong Onn Yong at 28-4-2004 03:12 AM:
Hello folks!

What's up? Do you have Astro at home? I watched an Aikido documentary of National Geographic Channel! I watched those action shots from the current Doshu Ueshiba Moriteru, Saito Hit ...

Osu,
Gambatei..................Aikidoka's spirit never die.....

last week, I visited one of the Aikikai school website at YMCA. I like the content, and it shows me that they promote the study of Aikido pretty welll...........

Use magic Report

Sniper_Wolf7 This user has been deleted
Post time 2-5-2004 04:12 AM | Show all posts
Don't you mean "Ai" is the right word for Love, harmony or peace, Wong-san.

Kombawa, Wong-san! I see you still want to let them know about this old jap. martial arts. What a noble effort. keep it up. By the way, what is keiko stand for may I ask? i think i have heard it from somewhere. :hmm:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-5-2004 10:42 PM | Show all posts
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Wong Onn Yong at 28-4-2004 03:12 AM:
Hello folks!

What's up? Do you have Astro at home? I watched an Aikido documentary of National Geographic Channel! I watched those action shots from the current Doshu Ueshiba Moriteru, Saito Hit ...

Osu,
Gambatei..................Aikidoka's spirit never die.....

last week, I visited one of the Aikikai school website at YMCA. I like the content, and it shows me that they promote the study of Aikido pretty welll...........[/quote]

YMCA in Brickflieds? Great! But please don't greet me with "osu" anymore, there's no "Osu" in my way.

Originally posted by Sniper_Wolf7 at 2-5-2004 04:12 AM:
Don't you mean "Ai" is the right word for Love, harmony or peace, Wong-san.

Kombawa, Wong-san! I see you still want to let them know about this old jap. martial arts. What a noble effort. keep it up. By the way, what is keiko stand for may I ask? i think i have heard it from somewhere.

It's absolutely right, "Aiki" is love, harmony and peace. Aikido is not an old budo but still keeping classical digest and fulfills request belongs to modern ages. Keiko means practice (learn as well), those trainees learns how to be gentle in their daily lifes.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-5-2004 05:30 PM | Show all posts

ah ha...

sensei ramlan just came back from penang
and he brought for us some vcd
showing the techniques by the instructors from the UK Aikido Boards (s'thin like dat laa...), the aikikai style

wat i really admire is thier free-style
- katate ayamochi
when shomen iriminage (omote/ura) the uke did backroll very well
and kohte-gashe, uke did backfall and turn by himself flat on the stomoch

so mr. ben,
can u imagine how the do it?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-5-2004 01:07 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by HangJebat at 5/5/2004 05:30 PM:
showing the techniques by the instructors from the UK Aikido Boards (s'thin like dat laa...), the aikikai style

wat i re ...

That's Ai Hanmi Katate Tori aka Kosa Tori in Aikikai style, Shomen Irimi Nage is taught more than Sokumen Irimi Nage because seldom has Aikikai trainer teaches Sokumen Irimi Nage. Sokumen Irimi Nage is something nearly same with Tachi Waza Kokyu Ho, but one thing different is Tachi Waza Kokyu Ho flows up while Sokumen Irimi Nage is not.

There's 3 dojo (2 Yoshinkans & 1 Aikikai) in Penang, now Butterworth also has already Ki Society but that location is flight school (TUDM i think).

Have a nice keiko!

Use magic Report

Post time 6-5-2004 11:38 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by HangJebat at 5-5-2004 01:30 AM:

wat i re ...

Jebat,
yeah...........that's how we fall....when you are getting better and you will fall like them. Break fall in both front and back. For me, I am gaining alot of weight since i came here.Back break fall may not work for me anymore, but I think I still can make it works.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-5-2004 11:40 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Wong Onn Yong at 5-5-2004 09:07 PM:

That's Ai Hanmi Katate Tori aka Kosa Tori in Aikikai style, Shomen Irimi Nage is taught more than Sokumen Irimi Nage because seldom has Aikikai trainer teaches Sokumen Irimi Nage. Sokumen Irimi ...

Mr Wong,

Oh ya...there are going to have a Ki soceity school in butterworth? sweet..AIkido is growing.......

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-3-2024 01:17 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.081419 second(s), 42 queries .