Author: Truth.8

Which Animals Does the Bible Designate as 'Clean' and 'Unclean'

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 5-4-2014 11:59 AM | Show all posts
bring up all the way

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-5-2014 12:09 AM | Show all posts
TT ni Christian ke? Kalau Christian kenapa tak tau nak bezakan old testament dan new testament? Kalau agama Christian haram kan arak takan Jesus  jadi kan wine dari air biasa.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-5-2014 10:22 PM | Show all posts
MOONGOD posted on 25-5-2014 12:09 AM
TT ni Christian ke? Kalau Christian kenapa tak tau nak bezakan  old testament dan new testament? Kal ...

wine itu tukar ...ada kah ia mengandui  alkohol? mesti tidak
saya masih boleh beli wine tanpa alkohol di pasaraya

Jesus sendiri ckp, I came to fullfilled the law...Law itu OT lah...

cuma kristian2 skrg  suka ambil short cut ...dan tidak mengamal kan Law itu...pada hal Law itu amalan baik utk manusia..

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 10:57 AM | Show all posts
The Old Covenant was only binding on Israel. It was intended to set Israel apart from the Gentile world, and it eventually gave the Lord just cause to withhold the Kingdom from Israel while offering salvation to the Gentiles. The Lord was speaking to Israel in 65:4, so His admonishment was directed to Jews alone, who were willingly violating the Old Covenant law.
Today, Christian believers in Jesus Christ are saved by the grace found in the New Covenant, and as Paul taught, we are not bound by the regulations of the Law found in the Old Covenant:

Rom. 6:14 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
Rom. 7:4  Therefore, my brethren, you also were  made to die  to the Law  through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.
Rom. 7:6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in  newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.
Col. 2:16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day —
Col. 2:17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
Therefore, any Gentile and all Christians are free to consume pork or anything God has made, since the regulations of the Law do not apply to those who are not bound by that covenant. Only unbelieving Israel is bound by that covenant today.
Furthermore, there is nothing inherently sinful about pork or any food. The Lord's displeasure at Israel for eating pork had nothing to do with pork itself. Just as the fruit from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil in the Garden was not inherently sinful, neither is pork inherently sinful. In both cases, the problem wasn't the food itself, for as the Paul says:

1Tim. 4:4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude;
1Tim. 4:5 for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 11:02 AM | Show all posts
The only so called "christian denomination" who don't consume pork is Seven Day Adventism which of course to the mainstream Christianity is a CULT which has deviated from essential Biblical teachings.

The Seventh-day Adventist church is a controversial organization. With its founding prophetess, Ellen G White, they teach that the proper day of worship is Saturday, that Jesus is Michael the Archangel, that ultimately Satan will bear all of our sins, that when a person dies he does not exist anymore, that hell is not eternal, and more.  They emphasize dietary laws and what many consider to be a legalism, especially since they teach you can lose your salvation.....

Almost all mainstream Christianity consider it a cult !

Use magic Report

Post time 27-10-2014 10:01 AM | Show all posts
by bobkee

“I replied, ‘Surely not, Lord! Nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my mouth.’

The voice spoke from heaven a second time, ‘Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.’ This happened three times, and then it was all pulled up to heaven again.

One question - WHO was Peter was speaking to?

If Peter was speaking to God (as he was using the word "Lord"), then surely God should have answered "I have made clean" but here, it is clear that something ELSE OTHER THAN GOD was speaking back, with allegation that "God had made all animals clean" to eat.

Therefore, two logical deductions can be made here :-

1. Peter was making an excuse for eating unclean things by stating he had a vision (a.k.a he lied), OR

2. Who he was speaking to was not GOD. Which means Christians have been tricked by something proclaiming itself God for generations.

Which one is it?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 30-10-2014 09:52 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Truth.8 posted on 20-11-2013 12:03 PM
1 Original Health plan
2 Defiling the Body
3 Science Proves the Point

Truth 8, don't speak like a muslim and give false example of diseases in pig you yourself don't even understand.
List of diseases you gave, be it virus, bacteria, protozoa and helminth, all present in other livestock as well like cattle besides pigs.
Do you know that cattle are equally susceptible to tubercullosis, brucellosis, salmonellosis, helminthiasis and many many type of protozoas like coccidiosis and giardiasis ???
On top of that, cattle has one dreadful disease which pig doesn't contract, BSE or Mad Cow Disease in which it is caused by a prion which can't even be killed with high heat treatment !
Any modern livestock, be it pig, cattle, goat and poultry are susceptible to all kind of diseases, be it zoonotic or non-zoonotic. Health status of these livestock are greatly influenced by Good Animal Husbandary Practice adopted by the particular farms.
The ultimate truth is that all livestock are equall and Paul was therefore truly inspired by the all knowing true God when he said all meats can be consumed. Paul himself was a Pharisee(Jewish religious teacher who cannot consume pork !)before he became a follower of Christ. Imagine the leap of faith he experienced when he said all meat can be eaten...
I myself is in the medical cum veterinary medicine profession, i know diseases in livestock very well and please don't ever ever embarass yourself again with all these fallacies that you pathetically created.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-11-2014 12:58 AM | Show all posts
wkk5159 posted on 23-10-2014 11:02 AM
The only so called "christian denomination" who don't consume pork is Seven Day Adventism which of c ...

Foods Created for the Benefit of Man
The Bible Diet
Written by Steven M. Collins
It is a well-known fact that God forbade the Israelites to eat certain types of animal flesh. While the Israelites frequently disobeyed God's instructions, it was quite clear that God's Torah prohibited the consumption of pork, shellfish and other types of animal flesh. Therefore, if a person ate "unclean"; food in Biblical times, it was because they were choosing to disobey God's instructions, not because they felt they had a divine authorization to consume such meats
In the modern world, most Christians consume "unclean" meats not out of rebellion, but because of a belief that New Testament scriptures permit them to do so. The belief that Torah's instructions on the consumption of animal flesh are no longer applicable is often referred to as "Christian liberty" ("freedom " from the "restrictions" of the Torah). This article will examine the subject of "unclean meats" from biblical and scientific viewpoints in an effort to determine what the "New Testament" Christian viewpoint on this subject should be. The answer will reveal whether modern believers are (A) exercising "liberty" to eat unclean meats or (B) ignoring God's guidance on the subject.
In the Torah, the issue was clear: God said to avoid eating the flesh of certain animals . It is in New Testament times that the issue has become blurred. The Torah's meat instructions are still found in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14 in our Bibles. Clearly, anyone who eats forbidden animal flesh is disobeying those scriptures. However, do they have the "liberty" to do so as a result of New Testament scriptures? A deeper question is: if God really has abolished his Torah's dietary laws, is there any empirical physical evidence to support that conclusion?
Yeshua and the "Torah of Moses" At Mt. Sinai, God gave Moses not only the Ten Commandments but also many divine instructions about personal behavior, methods of worship and lifestyle choices. These divine instructions came to be known as the "Torah of Moses"; even though they were actually "the Torah of God given to Moses." When Yeshua the Messiah lived his physical life, many often forget he was reared as a devout Jew. After Yeshua's birth, Yoseph and Miriam observed the seven-day purification period for women, and also had Yeshua circumcised on the eighth day (Luke 2:21-23), according to the instructions of the Torah of Moses in Leviticus 12:1-3. These aspects of the Torah of Moses are found literally adjacent to the chapter on dietary laws (Leviticus 11). Since Yoseph and Miriam scrupulously observed Leviticus 12 in rearing Yeshua, it follows that they scrupulously observed Leviticus 11 in their choice of meats which were fed to Yeshua and the rest of their children. The observant nature of Yeshua's family is further confirmed in Luke 2:39:
"And when they [Yoseph and Miriam] had performed all things according to the Torah of the Lord, they returned to Galilee.
Notice that Luke does not call these requirements the "Torah of Moses" , but refers to them as the "Torah of the Lord." -a subtle, but important indicator of the early Messianic congregation's views about Torah's laws. Luke 2:41 adds that Yoseph and Miriam kept the Feast of Passover "every year" at Jerusalem. It is not clear whether they brought their children with them every year, but verse 42 states that they brought Yeshua with them to Jerusalem for the Passover Feast when Yeshua was twelve years old.During his adult years, the scriptures portray Yeshua being loyal to the "observant" traditions of his parents. We know that Yeshua was careful to observe the Passover and Days of Unleavened Bread (Matthew 26:17-19), and that he participated in the"Last Great Day" of the Feast of Sukkot (John 7:37). In Matthew 5:17-18, Yeshua openly declared his allegiance to the Torah of God (i.e. "Torah of Moses"). He emphatically stated:
"think not that I am come to destroy the Torah or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill... Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the Torah, till all be fulfilled."
Whew! Yeshua's affirmation that his coming will abolish "nothing" from the Torah of God ought to give all modern Christians pause about assuming Yeshua made any major changes in the observance of the dietary laws. Two truisms of biblical study are as follows: ;(A) The words of God (Torah) and Yeshua the Messiah (in the New Testament) carry more scriptural authority than the words of their human followers, and (B) one must interpret vague scriptures in light of the meaning of clear scriptures, not vice versa. Applying both these truisms, any vague passages in New Testament books must be interpreted in a manner consistent with the clear declaration of Messiah Yeshua in Matthew 5:17. Given the vehemence of Yeshua's support for God's Torah in Matthew 5:17-18, we must insist on finding very explicit evidence in the New Testament that something was "done away" before we abandon the practice. This is particularly true in the case of Paul's writings as Peter warned that Paul's writings were easy to misunderstand (2 Peter 3:16). It is noteworthy that while God canonized many of Paul's writings, Peter's warning about their difficult doctrinal application was also canonized. If Paul's words were easily misunderstood in his own time and in his own culture , how much easier might it be for us to misunderstand Paul's writings when we not only read Paul's words in a different language but are also two millennia removed from his historical context?
Hebrews 13:8 tells us that Messiah Yeshua is:
"...the same yesterday, today and forever. Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines.

...cont/.....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 4-11-2014 12:58 AM | Show all posts
Truth.8 posted on 4-11-2014 12:58 AM
Foods Created for the Benefit of Man
The Bible Diet
Written by Steven M. Collins

Here the writer of Hebrews warns against following false doctrines by reminding the reader that Messiah Yeshua's doctrines not only "did not change" but also "will never change."Does this scripture sound like Messiah Yeshua was one to radically alter the Torah of God? Quite the contrary, the scriptural evidence is that Yeshua supported and practiced them faithfully during his entire life.
It is apparent that Messiah Yeshua and his disciples obeyed the dietary laws of Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14. The fact that there is no mention of any controversy about this point between Yeshua and the Pharisees makes this evident. The Pharisees were eagerly looking for grounds to accuse Yeshua on religious grounds to undermine his popularity with the masses. If Yeshua (or his followers) had ever eaten unclean meats, the Pharisees would have made it one of their central accusations against him. Likewise, if the early Messianic congregations had eaten unclean meats, it would have been popular in the book of Acts. The fact that there were no controversies in the gospels about eating pork, shellfish, etc. argues that Yeshua, his followers and the Pharisees were all in agreement on this matter. Paul's own defense to his Jewish accusers in Acts 22:3 and 23:1 ("I [was] taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers . . . I have lived in good conscience before God until this day") also indicates that Paul had maintained a devout obedience to the Torah of God (which including the dietary laws) throughout his life. Nowhere in the scriptures is Paul accused by his detractors of "eating unclean meats."
What was "done away with" in the New Testament? Having said the above, it needs to be acknowledged that some things were "done away with" in the New Testament. Clear scriptures record that the New Testament did abolish the need for animal sacrifices and the various rites associated with those sacrifices (Hebrews 9:9-15, 10:4). It is also clear that the requirement of physical circumcision was abolished (1 Corinthians 7:19, Galatians 6:15). Some might say: "See, that means the whole law of Moses was abolished", but that is a recklessly broad claim. Since the Ten Commandments were part of the "Torah of Moses" an assertion that the whole "Torah of Moses" was "done away with" also asserts the Ten Commandments were "done away with." Does that mean believers are now "free" to rob banks, lie, sleep with anyone they want to and murder at will?  "Of course not!" Paul himself expressed amazement that people had gotten the idea that New Testament faith "did away with" the Torah of God. He wrote in Romans 3:31:
"Do we then make void the Torah through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the Torah."
Therefore, we must carefully evaluate the scriptures to see what requirements really were "done away" Let us begin with the need for animal sacrifices and the rituals associated with them. In Jeremiah 7:22-24, God stated:
"For when I brought your ancestors out of Egypt, I said nothing to them, gave no orders, about burnt offerings or sacrifices. My one command to them was this: Listen to my voice, then I will be your God and you shall be my people...but they did not listen."
God himself stated that the sacrificial laws and rituals were not a part of his original laws given to Israel, but were added later because the Israelites did not obey him. Since they were not a part of God's original laws, their abolition in the New Testament does nothing to revoke the main body of God's Torah. Paul also wrote in Galatians 3:19 that there was in the Tenach, "torah" which had been "added because of transgressions." Combining Galatians 3:19 with Jeremiah 7:22-24, it is apparent that the "torah" that was "added" [to the original Torah of God] was the "torah" (or rules) about animal sacrifices. Paul did not abolish the Torah of God in any of his writings, as Romans 3:31 confirms. Even the Hebrew prophets prophesied that the "Old Covenant" would eventually be replaced by a "new covenant" that would be "spiritual" in nature. Jeremiah 31:31 prophesied:
"Look, the days are coming, Yahweh declares, when I shall make a new covenant with the House of Israel (and the House of Judah), but not like the covenant I made with their ancestors the day I brought them...out of Egypt ...No, this is the covenant I shall make with the House of Israel when those days have come, Yahweh declares. Within them I shall plant my Torah, writing it on their hearts."
Unlike the temporary covenant made at Sinai, the"New Covenant" would be "everlasting." While the Old Covenant was a physical covenant, the New Covenant would be a spiritual covenant (with circumcision of the "heart" being its sign-Romans 2:28-29). This was foreshadowed in Deuteronomy 10:16 wherein God spoke of the "circumcision of the foreskin of the heart "as proof of a real attitude change. When the Old Covenant was replaced by the New Covenant, the sign of the Old Covenant (circumcision) became moot and unnecessary.
Many assume that "since the Old Covenant was abolished, the Torah of God were abolished as well." This assumption is incorrect. The Old Covenant and the Torah of God were separate entities. The Old Covenant was a compact between God and the 12 tribes of Israel that God would provide national blessings, wealth and power to them if they obeyed his law, and that progressively worse curses would befall the tribes of Israel "if they broke his laws." As we know, both Israel and Judah broke this covenant with God, and received national curses culminating in their captivities and removal from the Promised Land. The New Covenant was prophesied (see Jeremiah 31:31 quoted above) as one which would "plant" or "write" the laws of God in the heart of a person. In other words, the Old Covenant failed to enable mankind to obey God's Torah, but the New Covenant would enable mankind to obey God because it would internalize God's Torah within human hearts. Ezekiel 39:39 and Joel 2:28 prophesied that this would be done when God shared his own divine Spirit with mankind. This was fulfilled in the New Covenant process of repentance, baptism, the receiving of God's Holy Spirit, and a lifelong process of submitting to it.
We saw earlier that Paul (in Romans 3:31) taught that the Torah of God was "established" not "done away" by the New Testament covenant based on faith. The Apostle John echoed Paul's view in 1 John 3:24 and 5:3, which state:
"Whoever keeps His commandments remains in God, and God in Him...This is what the love of God is: keeping His commandments. Nor are His commandments burdensome..
It is clear that the early Messianic believers believed that God's Torah was unaffected by the replacement of the Old Covenant with the New Covenant. The New Testament scriptures cited above conclusively show that the abolition of the sacrificial rites, circumcision and the Old Covenant did not abolish the Torah of God. There are other instructions of God in the Torah of Moses which no longer are relevant today as they were given to regulate institutions in ancient Israel which no longer exist in modern nations (for example: regulations on slavery in Leviticus 25:35-55). The important thing to remember is, given Messiah Yeshua's statement that he did not come to abolish "the Torah" the abolition or historical obsolescence of a specific biblical regulation on how the law was implemented in ancient Israel does not abolish the Torah of God itself.
Unclean Meats and New Testament Scriptures Now let us address the "unclean meats" issue by examining the New Testament passages which are often understood to mean that the Torah's dietary laws were abolished. The first is Colossians 2:20-22:
If you have really died with Messiah Yeshua to the principles of this world why do you still let rules dictate to you, as though you were still living in this world?- 'do not pick up this, do not eat that, do not touch the other,' and all about things which perish even while they are being used-according to merely human commandments and doctrines. (Emphasis added.)
Whatever Paul was referring to in his comment " do not eat that ," he was not referring to the divine laws of Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14. Paul was arguing against "principles of this world" and "commandments and doctrines" which were merely human." Such human meat regulations could have been a secular rule in Colossae (a Gentile city with pagan gods and temples) that no meat be eaten unless it was first sacrificed to idols. Paul made it clear that he was discussing ahuman meat regulation known to his readers in Colossae, not the divine meat laws of the scriptures. This leads us to a second scripture to be considered, 1 Timothy 4:4, which states :
Everything God has created is good, and no food is to 'be rejected', provided if is received with thanksgiving: the word of God and prayer make it holy." (Emphasis added.)
What makes a food "holy" and acceptable to eat? An attitude of thanksgiving, prayer and the word of God. What was the "word of God" for the early believers in Yeshua? The only "word of God" at that time was the accepted canon of the Old Testament (i.e. "the Hebrew Bible")! Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14 are the portions of "the word of God" which list the meats God approved for human consumption. Rather than permitting the consumption of unclean meats, Paul's instructions to Timothy actually affirmed that food must have prior approval in the word of God (the Hebrew Bible) in order to be eaten. Therefore, in this passage, Paul is actually affirming the applicability of the Torah's dietary laws.
By examining this passage in its overall context (1 Timothy 4:1-4), we see that Paul was addressing the subject of enforced vegetarianism, not the subject of "unclean meats." Paul warned that "in the latter times...some shall depart from the faith, teaching false doctrines such as ..commanding to abstain from meats."
Paul countered that false teaching by saying that it is permissible to eat animal flesh as long as the meats were approved in the word of God. Now consider that 1 Timothy 4:4 is contained within a prophecy about the latter days (which many regard as our current modern times). Interestingly, in our modern world we have those who noisily wish to impose vegetarianism on society, labeling the consumption of animal flesh as some kind of "animal abuse." Paul was telling those living "in the latter times " that they should ignore those who say it is wrong or immoral to eat animal flesh. Paul prophesied that people could continue to eat animal flesh in the latter days as long as the meats were "approved" for human consumption in God's Word. Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14 are those sections of the "word of God" known to Paul that specified what types of animal flesh were permitted by God for human consumption. So this passage of 1 Timothy actually upheld Leviticus 11's and Deuteronomy 14's applicability for the New Testament (and latter day) believers!
Portions of 1 Corinthians (chapter 8 and 10:14-33) are also taken by some to permit the eating of unclean meats. However, the eating of unclean meats is not the subject of these passages. In fact, Paul is discussing whether "any" meats can be consumed if they have been "offered to idols." Paul makes this very clear in I Corinthians 8:1 and 4 in writing:
Now about foods which have been dedicated to false gods...On the subject of eating foods dedicated to false gods...

cont/.....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-11-2014 01:00 AM | Show all posts
Truth.8 posted on 4-11-2014 12:58 AM
Here the writer of Hebrews warns against following false doctrines by reminding the reader that M ...

There was evidently a difference of opinion on this subject in the Corinthian congregation. Some believed they had the "freedom" to eat such meats because they knew that non-existent "gods" could not "bless" anything. While Paul concedes that fact, he warns such Corinthians that they needed to be careful about where and what they ate lest they trouble or offend those with "weaker consciences." Paul warned those "with knowledge" that it would be a sin to trouble another's conscience in this matter so it would be preferable to avoid eating meats altogether in a public eating place associated with a false god's temple (see 8:10) rather than risk troubling a "weak" brother's conscience who might, by chance, witness this act of eating and be"offended."
In 1 Corinthians 10:25 when Paul says :
"Whatsoever is sold in the shambles [meat market], that eat, asking no questions for conscience sake,"
we must remember Paul was not addressing the subject of eating unclean meats, but rather the eating of meats sacrificed to idols (see 10:28). By lifting 1 Corinthians 10:25 out of its limited context, some assume Paul meant it was alright to eat any unclean meat sold in the marketplace. Paul's statement must be understood within its context: he was saying that people shouldn't bother asking whether a cut of meat was "sacrificed to idols" before buying it. Paul's other writings make it clear he did not sanction the eating of unclean meats by early believers, so he was telling Corinthian congregation members it was best to not even ask whether their "clean" meats had been "blessed by idols" because if the issue was not brought up, it did not even have to be addressed. We must also remember Paul was writing about this issue to converts living in a gentile, pagan city. This question would have been irrelevant in a Jewish community because the Jews would not have offered their meats to idols as part of their food preparation process. Paul's writings show that he is clearly wrestling with this issue: upholding the freedom to eat "clean" meats while ensuring that the greater need (for brethren not to offend each other in a matter of conscience) took precedence.
Did Peter's vision "do away with" Unclean Meats? Peter's vision in Acts 10 is also cited as biblical sanction for eating unclean meats, but a literal reading of the text does not support that view. Peter had a vision (verses 9-16) in which he saw a sheet full of many animals whose flesh was "unclean" to eat.
This sheet of unclean meat was offered to him three times with the words "kill and eat." In the vision, Peter refuses to do so with the words:
"I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean."
This statement affirms that it was the practice of Messianic congregations to avoid eating unclean meats! In the vision, Peter is told :
"what God has made clean, you have no right to call profane"
Many assume this means God "cleansed"unclean food, but they neglect to read on to see if that assumption is correct. Verse 17 says:
"Peter was still at a loss over the meaning of the vision he had seen, when the men sent by Cornelius arrived ." (Emphasis added.)
Note that Peter himself did not attribute to his vision any meaning that God had cleansed unclean meats; he simply didn't know what it meant. He didn't have long to wait to determine the meaning as it became clear as soonthe men sent by Cornelius arrived . Cornelius was a Gentile (a Roman officer) who had sent three men to Peter after receiving a vision of his own to do so. Peter quickly realized that his vision meant that he should not "call any man  (not any meat) common or unclean." Peter understood the unclean meat in the vision had a symbolic, not a literal, meaning.
The Jews of Peter's time (including Peter) were so Xenophobia that they avoided contact with Gentiles as much as possible, regarding them as "unclean " (as verse 28 confirms). Peter shared that Xenophobia (an appropriate modern term would be "racism"), and in all likelihood would not have accompanied these Gentiles unless God had revealed to him in the vision "not to treat any man as unclean" (a conclusion Peter reiterated in verse 34). Later, God gave the Holy Spirit to these Gentiles in the presence of Peter and his delegation. What was their reaction? Verse 45 states:
"Jewish believers who had accompanied Peter were all astonished that...the Holy Spirit should be poured out on Gentiles too."
The racism of the early Jewish converts was so strong that even though Peter and his group met with the Gentiles, there apparently was no chance that they would have baptized these Gentiles and accepted them into the church unless God had performed a miracle by giving them the Holy Spirit in the presence of Peter and his fellow Messianic Jews. In verse 47, Peter further realized God had shown them it was also acceptable to baptize Gentiles into the faith. In chapter 11, some of Peter's Jewish friends argued with Peter about what he had done, but Peter retold the entire history of his vision and God's miraculous gift of the Holy Spirit to the previously "unclean" Gentiles. The whole group then agreed with Peter's perception of his vision and the subsequent events. A careful evaluation of "Peter's vision" reveals that it contains no message permitting believers to eat "unclean meat." Indeed, we have Peter's strong affirmation in Acts 10:14 that he had "never" eaten anything unclean. The whole purpose of the vision was to convince the early Jewish followers of Yeshua to accept Gentiles converts into their congregations.
Did Yeshua "do away with" Unclean Meats? Another passage sometimes cited to defend the eating of unclean meats is Matthew 15:11 wherein Yeshua stated:
"What goes into the mouth does not make anyone unclean; it is what comes out of the mouth that makes someone unclean"
When the verse is considered in its overall context, it becomes clear that Yeshua isn't discussing the subject of eating meats at all. In verses 1-2, the Pharisees nitpicked Yeshua by saying:
"Why do your disciples break away from the tradition of the elders? They eat without washing their hands."
Notice that the subject being discussed is not the eating of unclean meats, but rather why the disciples were not washing their hands according to the practices of the Pharisees ("the elders"). Yeshua then snapped back at them in verses 3-6:
"Why do you break away from the commandments of God for the sake of your tradition...you have made God's word ineffective by means of your tradition."
Yeshua was telling the Pharisees that failure to observe all the ritualistic "Jewish traditions" was not a violation of God's Torah. He identified the Pharisees' subversion of God's Torah as the real transgression. In fact, Yeshua was affirming the necessity of putting God's Torah paramount above any tradition or requirement of any man or group of men. By the time Yeshua concludes his denunciation against the"hypocritical" Pharisees with his statement in verse 10, it is clear that Yeshua is stating that if some foreign particle (dust, a fleck of dirt, etc.) is accidentally eaten because of insufficient hand-washing, it was "no big deal." What really matters is what comes out of one's mouth (our words and speech) which indicates what is going on in our heart.
To summarize thus far, a careful examination of the scriptures indicates that the early Messianic congregations continued the practice of observing the dietary laws of Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14. The words of Messiah Yeshua and Peter as well as the writings of Paul all support this conclusion. Before we examine physical, empirical evidence on this question, let us look closer at Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14 to see what meats God actually permits for consumption and which he forbids us to eat.
What animals are "clean" and "unclean"Besides giving the Israelites a list of which animals, fish and birds were "fit to eat" he also gave them general guidelines for recognizing those animals which would be acceptable to eat. In Leviticus 11:3 and Deuteronomy 14:6, God stated that any cud chewing animal with parted hooves would be clean to eat. Deuteronomy 14:4-5 permits the consumption of cattle sheep, oxen, the deer and antelope family, etc. This identifies such North American wildlife as Buffalo and Elk as "clean" to eat as well. Leviticus 11:4-8 lists such animals as camels, moneys (some margins say "rock badger"), rabbits and pigs as being unfit to eat. Leviticus 11:29- 31 lists "creeping things" (weasels, mice, rats, turtles, lizards, Snails and moles) as being unfit to eat under God's instructions. Snakes, dogs, cats and alligators also fail to qualify as clean foods. Leviticus 11:27 identifies all four-footed animals with paws (bears, lions, tigers, etc.) as being unclean to eat.
Leviticus 11:9-12 states that all salt- and fresh-water fish may be eaten as long as they have "fins and scales." However, all shellfish, squid, frogs, octopi, etc. are identified as unclean for human consumption. Regarding birds, Leviticus 11:13-20 lists types of birds which are unclean for human consumption. Besides identifying birds of prey and carrion eaters as unclean, the Bible lists cormorants, swans, pelicans, storks, herons and bats as unclean to eat. [Bats "flying things" in the Bible's classification system.] Such birds as chickens, turkeys, pheasants, etc. are not on the "unclean" list, and are therefore "clean" meats. Surprisingly, verses 21-22 list locusts and grasshoppers as being "clean" meats, but all other insects are listed as unclean.
In Leviticus 11:43-47, God concludes his instructions on meats with these words:
"You shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing . . . neither shall you make yourselves unclean with them that you should be defiled thereby. For I am the Lord your God: you shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and you shall be holy...you shall therefore be holy, for I am holy. This is the law of the beasts...to make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten."  
God regarded humans to be "defiled" or "unclean" if they ate the flesh of "unclean" animals. He expected the Israelites to refrain from unclean meats to maintain a state of "holiness" in his sight. As noted earlier, the early Messianic congregations obeyed God's instructions in Leviticus 11. The Apostle Peter recoiled at the thought of eating unclean meats (Acts 10:14), and the Apostle Paul wrote that animal flesh had to be sanctified in "the word of God" (the Hebrew scriptures) before it could be eaten. Consider also Paul's instructions in 2 Corinthians 6:16-18. After commenting on the importance of being separate from the sinfulness of the world in verses 14-16, Paul writes
"..for you are the Temple of the living God as God hath said, 'I will dwell in them and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people, Wherefore come out from among them, and be you separate,' saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing: and I will receive you, and will be a father to you and you shall be my sons and daughters."
Interesting! While writing to a congregation in a Gentile community, Paul quotes God's instructions to "touch not the unclean thing" as part of a commentary on maintaining the believer's walk in holiness. In citing the scriptures of the Hebrew Bible, Paul was likely referring to forbidden meats as "unclean things," especially since his fellow Apostle, Peter, specifically used the word "unclean" to describe forbidden meats (Acts 10:14). Even as the Israelites were forbidden to eat unclean meats as part of their "holiness" obligation toward God, Paul told the early Messianic believers to also avoid "unclean things" as part of their "holiness" obligation toward God. In other words, Paul was telling Corinthian believers they would be defiling their bodies ("the temple of the living God") if they "touched unclean things"
The above passage indicates that even Paul, the "apostle to the Gentiles," affirmed that the animal meat restrictions of the Torah were binding on New Covenant believers. Somehow, this fact has been overlooked by virtually all of modern Christendom.
Unclean Meats and the "end times" Did God still expect believers to obey his dietary restrictions even after the Messianic congregations became more "Gentile" and less "Jewish" in later centuries? What about in our modern time? Do the meat restrictions matter to God any more? For our answer, let us consider God's attitude on the subject as found in a prophecy about the latter day period preceding the return of Messiah Yeshua (or "the coming of the Lord" in Old Testament parlance.) Isaiah 66:15-16 introduces a prophecy about the time when :
"the Lord will come with fire...for by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord will be many."
This directly parallels Revelation 19:11-21's prophecy that the return of Messiah Yeshua will involve a bloody war in which Yeshua's heavenly army slays huge numbers of human armies who resist his rule. Isaiah's prophecy concludes in verses 22-23 with millennial language about "a new heavens and a new earth,"and "all flesh" on earth coming to worship God. After this prophecy is introduced in verses 15-16, notice what is mentioned in verse 17 as one of humanity's sins in the latter days which provokes God to anger.
"As for those...who eat the flesh of pigs, revolting things and rats: their deeds and thoughts will perish together, declares Yahweh."
How many Christians realize that prophecy reveals that one of the sins which provokes God's wrath in the latter days is mankind's eating of pigs and Other unclean meats? The answer is very few, indeed.
We have now examined scriptures confirming that God forbids and condemns the eating of unclean animal flesh in (A) the Old Testament period, (B) the early Messianic congregations, and (C) the latter-day time period as well. There are no scriptures in the New Testament which clearly permit believers to eat unclean meats. The conclusion of the entire biblical discussion on this subject is that God still forbids the eating of "unclean meats." What an affirmation of Malachi 3:6 wherein God states:
"I change not,"
and Hebrews 13:8 which states:
"Messiah Yeshua, the same yesterday, and today and for ever."
The unmistakable biblical teaching is that those believers who wish to obey God should abstain from eating the flesh of animals which are identified in the Bible as "unclean."
Scientific evidence about unclean meatSo far, we have examined only biblical evidence of God's position on unclean meats. However, if God made this physical world (as the Bible asserts), then we should also be able to see physical, empirical evidence that unclean meats are somehow harmful for human beings. Conversely, if God "purified unclean foods," the physical world should reflect an absence of risk in consuming them. Therefore, let us examine physical evidence on the subject.
It is well known that the flesh of animals dubbed "unclean" for human consumption pose unique risks to humans who eat them. The Webster's Dictionary; definition of "trichinosis"; states:
"a trichinas disease marked by fever, diarrhea, muscular pains, etc. and usually acquired by eating undercooked, infested pork." (1)
The Encyclopedia Americana; adds this warning:
"Hogs may be infested by parasitic roundworms called ...(trichina), which are lodged in muscle tissue. The trichina can be transferred to humans if raw or inadequately cooked pork is ingested, and serious, sometimes fatal, illness may result... There is more likelihood of pork being contaminated by trichina in the United States than in Europe. In Europe, hog carcasses are inspected microscopically for evidence...of trichina."(2)
The Americana also states the following about trichinosis:
"The disease is worldwide, and about 15% of the United States population is said to be infested, although the majority of cases remain symptomatic. The degree of severity of the infection is believed to depend on the number of trichinae contained in the ingested pork... " The mortality of symptomatic cases runs from 5 to 40% ...Once the trichinae are encysted in muscle tissue they cannot be dislodged . . . Death is usually from cardiac or respiratory failure in the acute phase." (3)
Interesting! In spite of widespread measures to protect the public from pork-related trichina infections, approximately "15%" of Americans have become "infested" anyway. Consider the Americana's comments about shellfish poisoning:
"...any of a group of disorders that develop following the eating of oysters, clams and other shellfish harvested from polluted waters. Nearly all the disorders are caused by disease organisms or the toxic substances ingested by the shellfish. The disorders range from diseases such as cholera and infective hepatitis to attacks of diarrhea and vomiting caused by unidentified organisms. "One of the most serious disorders in this group is paralytic shellfish poisoning associated with... certain protozoa...that are eaten by shellfish. "(4)
In an adjacent article, the Americana defines "shellfish"; as:
"...aquatic shelled invertebrates, many of which are popular foods. See Clam, Crab, Crustacea...Lobster, Mollusk, Oyster, Shrimp, Snail and Slug."(5)
It is a well-established scientific fact that the flesh of pigs and shellfish pose special infection risks to humans. If 15% of Americans are infested with trichina as a direct result of eating pork, one wonders how many unexplained cases of "cardiac or respiratory" problems could be a result of trichina infestations.One also wonders how many cases of unexplained diarrhea or vomiting attributed to mysterious "bugs"; are actually caused by eating shellfish .

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-11-2014 01:00 AM | Show all posts
Truth.8 posted on 4-11-2014 01:00 AM
There was evidently a difference of opinion on this subject in the Corinthian congregation. Some b ...

It is worth noting that while the health risks of eating pork and shellfish (forbidden meats according to the Bible) are so well known that they deserve their own listings in encyclopedias, there are no such special diseases associated with biblical "clean meats." It is, however, possible for clean meats to harm humans as well if animals are not properly fed, slaughtered or processed. Clean meats can also be harmful to eat if they have consumed toxic chemicals in their habitat (for example, otherwise "clean" fish can pose a health threat to humans if they have ingested mercury or other toxins in their habitat).

Whoever gave the Israelites the dietary laws in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14 possessed scientific knowledge that mankind would not learn for three millennia! The laws of God specifically forbade the eating of those types of animal flesh which are now identified as being most likely to cause human diseases and death. This argues that the Bible is, indeed, the word of a Creator God whose revelations to mankind are given for the benefit of mankind. In forbidding unclean meats, God gave wise parental instructions to humans made in his image even as a loving human parent might say: "Don't touch that hot stove" or "Don't experiment with drugs." When children harm themselves by foolishly disregarding parental "revelation," parents often think " if only they had listened to me." When God sees his human children harm themselves by disregarding his revelations, he must have the same reaction.
No wonder God said in Deuteronomy 5:29-33:
"O that there were such a heart in them [the Israelites] that they would...keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them and with their children for ever...you shall walk in all the ways which the Lord your God hath commanded you, that you may live and that it may be well with you, and that you may prolong your days... "
God didn't give his Torah to arbitrarily assert power over human beings. He gave his Torah (including the meat laws) "that it might be well with them." While God didn't reveal the scientific reasons for his meat commands, a scientific basis is easily postulated. God's Torah generally forbids the consumption of :
  • Carrion-eaters
  • Animals who kill other creatures for their food
Pigs, vultures, raptors, etc. are capable of eating (and thriving) on diseased or decaying flesh. Predatory animals (lions, raptors, etc.) often prey on the weak (and sometimes diseased) animals in the herds of prey animals. Regarding seafood, bottom-dwelling shellfish (clams, lobsters, oysters, etc.) eat decaying organic detritus which sinks to the sea floor. A common denominator of many "unclean" animals is that they can thrive on decaying and diseased flesh which would sicken or kill a human being. When humans eat carrion or prey eating animals, they are partaking of a "food chain" which includes things harmful to humans. A humorous modern motto on "identifying " animals and birds might be: " if it eats road kill, don't eat it. " While it is documented that unclean meats can pose "acute" risks to humans, mankind is very inventive in trying to find ways around God's laws. Even as the invention of birth control devices has lessened (but not eliminated) the unwanted pregnancy and venereal disease risks involved in fornication and adultery, mankind has invented food processing techniques to minimize the acute risks of catching diseases from unclean flesh. As proof of this, it is now uncommon in the western world to have acute trichinosis outbreaks.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-11-2014 01:01 AM | Show all posts
Truth.8 posted on 4-11-2014 01:00 AM
It is worth noting that while the health risks of eating pork and shellfish (forbidden meats acco ...

However, are there chronic risks (not yet discovered) of eating unclean animal flesh? Even as we know a body can recover from a short exposure to cigarette smoke but long-term use of tobacco can be fatal, are there long-term risks in consuming unclean meats that are not yet known? We do know that our modern world (which eats large amounts of unclean meats) has developed many degenerative diseases, the causes of which are not well-understood. It may not be possible to conduct scientific tests on the chronic risks of eating unclean meats because the tests would literally have to span lifetimes, and people would have to practice the same meat-eating habits over those lifetimes before correlations could be made on which groups developed more degenerative diseases. However, this author believes that given the known short-term health risks of eating unclean meats, it is likely that eating unclean meats also poses long-term health risks which are not yet appreciated. God told the Israelites that they would be "blessed" and "prolong their days" if they obeyed his Torah (including the meat laws). Since Messiah Yeshua declared that God's Torah was not "done away," this argues that if believers obey God's Torah on clean and unclean meats, it will lead to a healthier, longer life for them as well.
The Bible claims to be God's "instruction manual" for mankind, listing for mankind what is good and what is harmful in virtually every aspect of human lifestyle choices. When you buy a car, you receive an "instruction manual" with the car telling how it should be fueled, oiled, serviced and maintained if you want it "to have a healthy, long (mechanical) life." This instruction manual is the manufacturer's "revelation" to the owner. If these instructions are disregarded, bad things happen. So it is with mankind and our bodies. If we disregard God's "instruction manual" (The Bible), bad things happen. Therefore, it behooves us to know and obey God's instructions in the Bible, his revelation to us .
God's Torah on health There is another powerful piece of empirical evidence that God's dietary laws are still in effect, although this particular piece of evidence does not directly involve meats. God's Torah included many instructions about personal conduct which we now understand are important, scientifically based sanitation and hygienic regulations. While the ancient Israelites could not have known the scientific basis for God's instructions, they were nevertheless "blessed" if they obeyed them.

These health-related regulations included quarantining the sick Leviticus 13:1-46), either burning or washing the garments of sick people (Leviticus 13:47-59), and the thorough bathing of sick people before ending their quarantines (Leviticus 14:8-10). Leviticus 15 required thoroughly washing the garments of men and women with bodily discharges (including menstrual discharges). The "Torah of Moses" (which was really the "Torah of God given to Moses") even required baths and clothes-washing of anyone who was spit upon by a sick person (verse 8), and called for the destruction or washing of cookware and eating utensils used by sick people (verse 12). Even touching the bed linens of a person with a bodily discharge required attendants to wash themselves and their clothing (verse 21). Deuteronomy 23:13-14 required that latrines be located away from living quarters, and that excrement be promptly buried. Even the rites governing the animal sacrifices called for the prompt burning or burial of animal wastes and tissues (Exodus 29:14, Leviticus 4:11).
All the above laws are easily recognized as scientifically-based instructions to prevent the spread of disease-causing bacteria. What is profoundly significant is that these instructions were given three millennia before mankind attained sufficient skills to learn the scientific basis for God's regulations. This is, again, powerful evidence that the Bible was authored by the Creator God as only a Creator God could have then understood the science of microbiology underlying these hygienic regulations. Whoever gave these regulations to Moses understood how the transmission of bodily fluids can spread diseases as many of the Levitical laws were designed to stop the spread of contaminated body fluids. Quarantines, prompt burial of fecal and animal slaughter wastes, washing the clothing and cookware of the sick (as well as their attendants), and regular bathing of the human body are sound scientific principles to stop the spread of diseases.
Were God's hygienic laws "done away with" in New Testament times? Of course not!   Modern science now knows that these laws of God are critically-necessary elements in maintaining proper hygiene in a hospital, community or home. Sadly, mankind has ignored these vital instructions of God for much of our existence on earth, and has suffered the consequences of innumerable disease epidemics as a result. Let us examine just one example.
Consequences of disobeying God's health laws While the early Messianic congregations continued to observe God's Torah (so much so that it was seen as a "Jewish" sect in the 1st century A.D. --Acts 28:22), by Medieval times Christianity had undergone a radical change from its early Messianic roots. Collier's Encyclopedia; states:
"The superstition and dogmatism that marked the rise of Christianity in Europe continued to flourish throughout the Middle Ages. As in Babylon, astrology ruled the prognosis . . . Hygiene and sanitation were at a very low level, since the human body was held in contempt. St. Jerome saw no reason for any baths after the baptism."(6)
By universally rejecting the sanitary and hygienic rules of "the Torah of Moses," Medieval Europe was inviting disaster. It is even possible that Medieval Christians deliberately ignored the Torah in order to avoid "Judaizing." In the fourteenth century A.D., disaster struck Europe in the form of a pandemic known as the Black Death. The Encyclopedia Americana records:
The Black Death was bubonic plague or its more virulent relative, pneumonic plague...The plague bacillus was transmitted either by the fleas of black rats (bubonic) or by the infected wastes of its victims (pneumonic)...When the Black Death struck, Europe was completely helpless to combat it...standards of public health and personal hygiene were nearly non-existent ...it is estimated that somewhere between one-quarter and one-third of Europe's population died in the years 1347-1350...Jews were accused of spreading the plague by poisoning wells, and pogroms directed against them occurred in the Rhineland and Switzerland.(7)
Collier's Encyclopedia adds:
"By the end of 1350, two-thirds of all Europeans had been attacked, of whom about one-half died, a total of 25,000,000 deaths...More than half the population of London, and perhaps of all England, died...Plague ships drifted idly about with whole crews stricken." (8)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-11-2014 01:02 AM | Show all posts
Truth.8 posted on 4-11-2014 01:01 AM
However, are there chronic risks (not yet discovered) of eating unclean animal flesh? Even as we  ...

This plague flourished in conditions of widespread disobedience to God's laws on sanitation and hygiene. If there had been widespread obedience to the Levitical laws requiring quarantines of the sick, the prompt burial of fecal wastes, the washing (or burning) of the clothes, eating utensils and bed linens of the diseased, the Black Death plague would have been localized or prevented altogether because widespread sanitary conditions would have vastly lessened the numbers of disease carrying rats.
Besides the casualties listed above, there were many more who died in subsequent outbreaks of the Plague during the next few centuries in Europe, and another 13,000,000 died of the plague when it spread to China in 1380.(9)
  Tens of millions of people died and tens of millions more suffered greatly because Medieval Christians mistakenly thought God's Old Testament laws were "done away." Was God's Levitical Torah on health and sanitation "done away?" Of course not! Their scientific applicability will last as long as the physical world does! (Does that remind us of Yeshua's similar statement in Matthew 5:18?). Millions of deaths across continents could have been prevented if only the people of the 14th century had been obedient to God's sanitation and hygiene laws. Is it any wonder God said in Hosea 4:6:
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge."
People tend to see God's Torah as the burdensome requirements of an arbitrary God. What they fail to appreciate is that when God gave his Torah to the Israelites, he was imparting to them priceless "insider information" about the workings of the physical world.
When it became known that the Black Death was sparing Jews (who were observing the Torah of Moses), did Medieval society go to the Jews to try to learn the reasons why their neighborhoods were resistant to the plague? No, they superstitiously (and wrongly) blamed and persecuted the Jews for the plague!
What does all this have to do with the subject of unclean meats? Plenty. God's sanitation and hygiene laws are part of the "Torah of Moses" and are found in the book of Leviticus alongside the laws about clean and unclean meats. If there was scientific evidence that the sanitation and hygiene laws of God were no longer applicable, we might infer that the meat restrictions were moot as well. However, the opposite is true. We know beyond any shadow of doubt that God's Levitical sanitation and hygiene laws are still binding (Indeed, we now comprehend the compelling scientific reasons for their issuance). Consequently, it is logical to infer that God's dietary restrictions are still in effect today as well . It is a well-established fact that pork and shellfish can pose acute health risks, and unclean meats such as these may also pose a long-term risk of degenerative diseases that will be better understood in the future. The sanitation and hygiene laws of God and the meat laws stand or fall together as they were both given at the same time by the same God of Israel to Moses at Sinai.
Conclusion In summation, we have seen that there is no biblical basis for believing that the Torah's dietary laws were "done away" in New Testament times. Indeed, we have seen that the early Messianic congregations obeyed those meat laws, and several New Testament scriptures openly affirm the Levitical meat laws. Somewhere between the Messianic congregations and the modern era, the Christian church stopped obeying God's Torah, probably because of a fear of "Judaizing" as there were edicts to persecute or kill those who did so. Many millions of people have died in the last two millennia because the Christian church foolishly forsook God's sanitation and hygiene laws. Who knows how many people have died (or suffered) because they ignored God's Torah regarding what meats are safe to eat. We now know God's Torah was based on scientific knowledge that was 3000 years ahead of mankind's ability to discover or confirm their wisdom.
Let us conclude with an observation on our relationship with God. If we believe that God is an all-wise Creator as well as a loving Father, it logically follows that we should believe that his biblical instructions represent the wise instructions of a caring Father/Creator who wishes to guide his children into beneficial behaviors and away from destructive practices. Any human parent who restricts a child's behavior by commanding them "Don't play in the street" or "Don't touch a hot stove" is displaying parental love. God's Torah (instructions and restrictions) are offered to us in that same spirit of parental love. So this issue also involves trust. Do we trust God to give us the wisest advise on a subject, or will we "lean unto our own understanding ?" You, the reader, must now decide whether to eat "unclean meats" in the future. At least, you now have all the information you need on the subject to make an informed decision.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-11-2014 01:03 AM | Show all posts
What are CLEAN
and UNCLEAN foods?

Submit Bible questions, through our easy to use form,
to our team of mature Christians known as the Email Evangelists.

God has created a wide variety of foods for man's consumption and health. He did not, however, make ALL animals fit to be used for man's diet. Because our heavenly Father wants us to be in the peak of health, He has told us within the pages of the Bible which foods are GOOD (or clean) for us to eat and which are BAD (or unclean). We find this critical information in the books of Leviticus (chapter 11) and Deuteronomy (chapter 14).
In spite of what many believers think, the Bible does not, in the Old or New Testaments, abolish or do away with God’s laws about foods that he created either to be eaten or avoided.

In the seventh chapter of Mark, the dispute between the Pharisees and Christ did not concern, at all, what could or could not be eaten. It involved whether his followers could eat a few grains of food without having to ceremonially wash their hands several times! Peter's vision of Acts 10, commonly thought to make all meats fit to eat, was God's way of conveying to bigotted and biased Peter that no human was worth less than others in His eyes.

Paul the apostle also upheld the Biblical laws regarding what is good and not good to eat as still being valid for believers (1Timothy 4:1 - 3). He showed that while some food were made for our benefit others clearly were not.

Below is a list, based upon the Bible, of commonly available foods (the kind you would find at a typical grocery store) that are good (clean), and not good (unclean), to eat! Please also note that this list is not comprehensive of ALL foods either approved or disapproved by God's word.

Foods that are good to eat
Land Animals

Buffalo - Cattle - Deer - Sheep

What does the
Bible say about smoking pot?

Can the balm of
Gilead HEAL?

What is the
Bible Diet?

Which Old
Testament laws
should we keep?

Did Jesus Christ
drink alcohol?
Birds
Chicken - Duck - Goose - Grouse - Guinea fowl - Partridge - Peafowl - Pheasant
Prairie chicken - Ptarmigan - Quail - Turkey

Insects
Clean insects include types of locusts that may include crickets and grasshoppers

Fish
Albacore (Crevalle, Horse Mackerel, Jack) - Alewives (Branch, River Herring) - Anchovy
Bass - Black Drum - Black Pomfret (Monchong) - Blue Runner (Hardtail) - Bluebacks (Glut Herrings)
Bluebill Sunfish - Bluefish - Bluegill - Bonitos - Bowfin - Buffalofish - Carp
Chubs (Bloater, Longjaw, Blackfin) - Cod - Common Sucker (Fresh Water Mullet, White Sucker)
Crappie (Black or White Crappies) - Drum
Flounder (Dab, Gray, Lemon Sole, Summer/Winter Flounder, Yellow Tail)
Grouper (Black, Nassau, Red, or Yellowfish Grouper, Gag) - Grunt (White / Yellow Grunts)
Gulf Pike (Robalo, Snook, Sergeant) - Haddock - Halibut - Hardhead - Hardtail (Blue Runner)
Herring (Alewife, Branch, Glut. Lake, River, Sea Herrings) - Kingfish
Long Nose Sucker (Northern or Red Striped Sucker) - Mackerel (Cobia) - Minnow - Mullet
Muskellunge (Jacks) - Orange Roughy - Perch (Bream) - Pike (Pickerel, Jack) - Pig Fish
Pollack (Pollock, Boston Bluefish) - Pompano - Red Horse Sucker (Redfin) - Red Snapper - Redfish
Robalo (Gulf Pike) - Porgy (Scup) - Red Drum (Redfish) - Rockfish
Salmon (Chum, Coho, King, Pink or Red) - Sardine (Pilchard) - Scup (Porgy) - Sea Bass
Sergeant Fish (Gulf Pike) - Shad - Sheepshead - Silver Hake (Whiting) - Silversides
Smelt - Snapper - Snook (Gulf Pike)
Sole - Spanish Mackerel - Steelhead - Striped Bass - Sucker (Red Horse Sucker, Redfin) - Sunfish
Trout (Gray Sea, Lake, Sand Sea, White Sea, Spotted Sea Trouts, Weakfish)
Tuna - Whitefish - Whiting (Silver Hake) - Yellow Perch

Foods that are NOT good to eat!

Land Animals
Pigs - Horses - Rabbit

Birds
Ostrich - Swallow

Reptiles and Amphibians
Turtles - Snakes - Frogs

Fish and Marine Animals
Fish and Shellfish
Abalone - Clam - Catfish - Crab - Crayfish - Shark - Squid - Sturgeon - Swordfish - Lobsters - Mussel - Oysters - Shrimp
Soft Body
Cuttlefish - Jellyfish - Limpet - Octopus - Squid (calamari)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-11-2014 01:08 AM | Show all posts
Sephiroth posted on 27-10-2014 10:01 AM
One question - WHO was Peter was speaking to?

If Peter was speaking to God (as he was using the word "Lord"), then surely God should have answered "I have made clean" but here, it is clear that something ELSE OTHER THAN GOD was speaking back, with allegation that "God had made all animals clean" to eat.

Therefore, two logical deductions can be made here :-

1. Peter was making an excuse for eating unclean things by stating he had a vision (a.k.a he lied), OR

2. Who he was speaking to was not GOD. Which means Christians have been tricked by something proclaiming itself God for generations.

Which one is it?

Surly it is  HE who created  animals which are suitable and unsuitable for  humans to consum such meats

Does the New Testament Abolish Meat Distinctions?                                                                                                                                                               Some people believe that certain New Testament scriptures remove all distinctions between clean and unclean meats. But what do these passages really say?
        Most theologians assume that God's laws regarding clean and unclean meats ended at Christ's crucifixion. They suppose that the New Covenant removes the need for Christians to keep such laws. But is that what the Bible says?
        The administrative change from the Levitical priesthood to the ministry of Jesus Christ did not void God's expectations that His people obey His law of clean and unclean meats (or any other law) as part of their sanctification, or separation, as people of God (see Leviticus:11:44-47

; 19:2; 20:7, 22-26; 21:8). Peter and Paul both speak of the continuing need for God's people to be holy (Ephesians:1:4; 1 Peter:1:14-16

).
        Some Bible scholars acknowledge that members of the early Church continued to observe the distinctions between clean and unclean meats. However, because of the common misconception that the New Covenant abolishes much of God's law, many assume these food requirements were simply Jewish cultural practices that continued until the Church became more gentile in composition and outlook. Such preconceived ideas have influenced inter-pretations of many New Testament passages. In theological circles this is known as eisegesis,  or reading one's own ideas into Scripture.
        Let's examine the New Testament passages dealing with food. As we do that let's practice exegesis— drawing meaning out of Scripture by seeking a thorough understanding of the background of a passage as we seek to apply it.
         Peter's vision: Did God cleanse all meats?
        One often-misunderstood section of the Bible concerns Peter's vision in which he "saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth." In this sheet "were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air." Peter heard a voice tell him, "Rise, Peter; kill and eat" (Acts:10:11-13

).
        Assuming the vision meant he should eat unclean animals, Peter spontaneously responded: "Not so, Lord! For I have never  eaten anything common or unclean" (verse 14). The same vision came to Peter three times (verse 16).
        At this point many readers, without finishing the account, assume they know the meaning of the vision—that God told Peter we are now free to eat any kind of animal flesh we desire. In context, however, these scriptures show that this is not at all what Peter understood. On the contrary, even after seeing the vision three times he still "wondered within himself what this vision which he had seen meant" (verse 17).
        Later Peter realized the significance of the revelation. It was that "God has shown me that I should not call any man  common or unclean" (verse 28). Recognizing the real intent of the vision, Peter baptized the first gentiles (non-Israelites) God called into the Church who were not initially Jewish proselytes (verses 45-48).

This divine disclosure, we see from reading further in the account, did not concern food  at all. Rather, it concerned people.  Because the Jewish religious leaders at the time of Christ had erroneously considered gentiles to be unclean, this dramatic vision righted a common misconception that had come to affect Peter and other members of the Church. It demonstrated that God was beginning to offer salvation to members of any race. Gentiles whom God was calling were now welcomed into the Church.
        Far from abolishing God's instructions against eating unclean meats, these verses show that, about a decade after Christ's death, Peter had "never eaten anything common or unclean."
        Peter obviously had not assumed that God had annulled His own food laws or that Christ's death and resurrection rendered them obsolete. From Peter's own words we see that he continued to faithfully follow those laws.
        Nor do we find any evidence that he ate unclean meats after this experience. He obviously continued to obey God's laws delineating meats that could and could not be eaten and saw no reason to change his practice. He realized that the puzzling vision could not be annulling God's instructions, which is why he "thought about the vision" until he understood its meaning (verses 17-19, 28)—that gentiles could become members of the Church upon repentance and faith, too (verses 34-35, 45-48).

more :http://www.ucg.org/booklet/what- ... lish-meat-distinct/

Last edited by Truth.8 on 4-11-2014 10:49 AM

Use magic Report

Post time 4-11-2014 08:58 AM | Show all posts
by Truth.8

This divine disclosure, we see from reading further in the account, did not concern food  at all. Rather, it concerned people. Because the Jewish religious leaders at the time of Christ had erroneously considered gentiles to be unclean, this dramatic vision righted a common misconception that had come to affect Peter and other members of the Church. It demonstrated that God was beginning to offer salvation to members of any race. Gentiles whom God was calling were now welcomed into the Church.

So what are the status of millions of Christians (of all races) who continued to eat unclean things across the World. Christians are the biggest consumers of pork - regardless of which race they belong to. Are they damned because someone didn't interpret your Bible properly?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 4-11-2014 10:44 AM | Show all posts
Sephiroth posted on 4-11-2014 08:58 AM
by Truth.8
So what are the status of millions of Christians (of all races) who continued to eat unclean things across the World. Christians are the biggest consumers of pork - regardless of which race they belong to. Are they damned because someone didn't interpret your Bible properly?
is not  only pork but other animals as well. even certain sea foods are not to be eaten.....that why when u eat such as shrimp, kerang, crap and few others which GOD forbids...humans easily get skin rashes, sinues , bad breath and etc....

humans like to reason with GOD...when they reason...it is they themselves getting into trouble with health...
see how peoples live longer , good healty skin only eating veges....compare those eating the unclean meats...

Bible as described it properly but humans reason it....but I can see Christians beings to realise this  and moving to positive directions according Bible  sayings...

Amen

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-11-2014 11:04 AM | Show all posts
wkk5159 posted on 23-10-2014 10:57 AM
The Old Covenant was only binding on Israel. It was intended to set Israel apart from the Gentile wo ...

Deuteronomy 14:8
And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

Last edited by Truth.8 on 4-11-2014 11:10 AM

Use magic Report

Post time 5-11-2014 09:51 AM | Show all posts
Truth.8 posted on 4-11-2014 11:04 AM
Deuteronomy 14:8
And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, i ...

You are a Seven Day Adventist cult, aren't you Truth 8 ?

On the subject of meat, i guess i don't have to elaborate further as i'd given suffocating proofs that pork is just as "clean" and "unclean" as other type of meat as my debate with hardcore muslim sam1528 in Religion, Spiritual and Faith forum. You seems to have a mentality like a muslim in which you reject dietary science and just selectively believe in facts you prefer to believe. This is so UnChristian on your part.
http://www.livestrong.com/articl ... of-pork-vs-poultry/
http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/ ... ork-chops-4294.html
http://www.newscientist.com/arti ... s.html#.VFmA5hb9neQ

Now off to the matter of diseases in pigs and other type of livestock, do you understand what you copy and paste ? Obviously a layman like you don't understand what is zoonotic diseases and what is notifiable diseases of economic importance. Stop embarrasing yourself furhter by copying and pasting livestock diseases which you don't understand. If you really want to debate on diseases in pigs and other livestocks, kindly open another thread and i will make sure that you'll get a good spanking by me on that.

Do you think majority of Christians in the world don't know how to correctly interpret the Bible ? And you instead chose to believe what a "prophetess" Ellen G. White(do you know what Revelation says about the false prophet, especially the prophetess...)

The Bible tells us that in the end times, there will be an increase in those who command others "to abstain from meats which God hath created" (1 Tim 4:1-4).   
The reason why certain religions, such as Judaism and Islam, prohibit the eating of pork and other "unclean" foods is because they do not accept that Jesus cleanses all who trust in Him by His shed blood on the cross.

So, obviously Truth.8 you are just a fake Christian here in this forum who are subtlely defaming the Christian faith but proselytizing Islam !

https://www.thisisyourbible.com/ ... sk=show&mediaid=282
http://jesusalive.cc/ques154.htm   

Last edited by wkk5159 on 5-11-2014 09:52 AM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-11-2014 10:20 AM | Show all posts
wkk5159 posted on 5-11-2014 09:51 AM
You are a Seven Day Adventist cult, aren't you Truth 8 ?

On the subject of meat, i guess i don' ...

I am not Seven Day Adventist or whatever.

my faith as follows:

Fundamental Beliefs                                                                                                                                                                      We trace our origins to the Church that Jesus founded in the early first century. We follow the same teachings, doctrines and practices established then. Our commission is to proclaim the gospel of the coming Kingdom of God to all the world as a witness and teach all nations to observe what Christ commanded (Matthew:24:14; Matthew:28:19, Matthew:28:20).
        Please read Fundamental Beliefs of the United Church of God  for a more detailed explanation of our beliefs.
        God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit        We believe in one God, the Father, eternally existing, who is a Spirit, a personal Being of supreme intelligence, knowledge, love, justice, power and authority. He, through Jesus Christ, is the Creator of the heavens and the earth and all that is in them. He is the Source of life and the One for whom human life exists. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, who is the Word and has eternally existed. We believe that He is the Messiah, the Christ, the divine Son of the living God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born in the human flesh of the virgin Mary. We believe that it is by Him that God created all things and that without Him was not anything made that was made. We believe in the Holy Spirit, as the Spirit of God and of Christ Jesus. The Holy Spirit is the power of God and the Spirit of life eternal (2 Timothy:1:7; Ephesians:4:6; 1 Corinthians:8:6; John:1:1-4

; Colossians:1:16).
        The Word of God        We believe that Scripture, both the Old and the New Testament, is God's revelation, and His complete, expressed will to humanity. Scripture is inspired in thought and word, infallible in the original writings, is the supreme and final authority in faith and in life, and is the foundation of all truth (2 Timothy:3:16; 2 Peter:1:20-21

; John:10:35; John:17:17).
        Satan the Devil        We believe that Satan is a spirit being who is the adversary of God and the children of God. Satan has been given dominion over the world for a specific period of time. Satan has deceived humanity into rejecting God and His law. Satan has ruled by deception with the aid of a host of demons who are rebellious angels, spirit beings, who followed Satan in his rebellion (Matthew:4:1-11

; Luke:8:12; 2 Timothy:2:26; John:12:31; John:16:11; Revelation:12:4, Revelation:12:9; Revelation:20:1-3

, 7, 10; Leviticus:16:21-22

; 2 Corinthians:4:4; 2 Corinthians:11:14; Ephesians:2:2).
        Humanity        We believe that humanity was created in the image of God with the potential to become children of God, partakers of the divine nature. God formed humanity of flesh, which is material substance. Human beings live by the breath of life, are mortal, subject to corruption and decay, without eternal life, except as the gift of God under God's terms and conditions as expressed in the Bible. We believe that God placed before Adam and Eve the choice of eternal life through obedience to God, or death through sin. Adam and Eve yielded to temptation and disobeyed God. As a result, sin entered the world, and through sin, death. Death now reigns over all humanity because all have sinned (Genesis:1:26; 2 Peter:1:4; Hebrews:9:27; 1 Corinthians:15:22; Romans:5:12; Romans:6:23).
        Sin and God's Law        We believe that sin is the transgression of the law. The law is spiritual, perfect, holy, just and good. The law defines God's love and is based upon the two great principles of love toward God and love toward neighbor, and is immutable and binding. The Ten Commandments are the ten points of God's law of love. We believe that breaking any one point of the law brings upon a person the penalty of sin. We believe that this fundamental spiritual law reveals the only way to true life and the only possible way of happiness, peace and joy. All unhappiness, misery, anguish and woe have come from transgressing God's law (1 John:3:4; 1 John:5:3; Matthew:5:17-19

; Matthew:19:17-19

; Matthew:22:37-40

; James:2:10-11

; Romans:2:5-9

; Romans:7:12-14

; Romans:13:8-10

).
        The Sacrifice of Jesus Christ        We believe God so loved this world of helpless sinners that He gave His only begotten Son, who, though in all points tempted as we are, lived without sin in the human flesh. That Son, Jesus Christ, died as a sacrifice for the sins of humanity. His life, because He is the Creator of all humanity, is of greater value than the sum total of all human life. His death is, therefore, sufficient to pay the penalty for every human being's sins. In paying this penalty He has made it possible, according to God's plan, for each person and humanity as a whole to have their sins forgiven and to be released from the death penalty (Hebrews:4:15; Hebrews:9:15; Hebrews:10:12; John:1:18; John:3:16; Colossians:1:16-17

, 22; 1 John:2:2; 1 John:4:10; Ephesians:1:11; Revelation:13:8).
        Three Days and Three Nights        We believe that the Father raised Jesus Christ from the dead after His body lay three days and three nights in the grave, thus making immortality possible for mortal man. He thereafter ascended into heaven, where He now sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate (1 Peter:1:17-21

; 1 Peter:3:22; Matthew:12:40; 1 Corinthians:15:53; 2 Timothy:1:10; John:20:17; Hebrews:8:1; Hebrews:12:2).
        Repentance        We believe that all who truly repent of their sins in full surrender and willing obedience to God, and who by faith accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, have their sins forgiven by an act of divine grace. Such individuals are justified, pardoned from the penalty of sin, and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, which literally abides within them and supplies the divine love that alone can fulfill the law and produce righteousness. They are baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ, which is the true Church of God. We believe in a true change in life and attitude. Only those who have the indwelling presence of and are being led by the Holy Spirit are Christ's (Acts:2:38; Acts:3:19; Acts:5:29-32

; 2 Corinthians:7:10; John:3:16; Ephesians:1:7; Ephesians:2:7-9

; Romans:3:21-26

; Romans:5:5; Romans:6:6; Romans:8:4, 9-10, 14; Romans:13:1; Jeremiah:33:8; John:14:16-17

; 1 Corinthians:12:12-13

; Philippians 2:3-5).
        Water Baptism        We believe in the ordinance of water baptism by immersion following repentance. Through the laying on of hands, with prayer, the believer receives the Holy Spirit and becomes a part of the spiritual body of Jesus Christ (Matthew:3:13, 16; John:3:23; Acts:2:38; Acts:8:14-17

; Acts:19:5-6

; 1 Corinthians:12:13).
        The Sabbath Day        We believe that the seventh day of the week is the Sabbath of the Lord our God. On this day we are commanded to rest from our labors and worship God, following the teachings and example of Jesus, the apostles and the New Testament Church (Genesis:2:2-3

; Exodus:20:8-11

; Exodus:31:13-17

; Leviticus:23:3; Isaiah:58:13; Hebrews:4:4-10

; Mark:1:21; Mark:2:27-28

; Mark:6:2; Acts:13:42-44

; Acts:17:2; Acts18:4; Luke:4:31).
        The Passover        We believe in observing the New Testament Passover on the night of the 14th of Abib, the anniversary of the death of our Savior (Leviticus:23:5; Luke:22:13-14

).
        The Festivals of God        We believe in the commanded observance of the seven annual Holy Days given to ancient Israel by God and kept by Jesus Christ, the apostles and the New Testament Church. These Holy Days reveal God's plan of salvation (Colossians:2:16-17

; 1 Peter:1:19-20

; 1 Corinthians:5:8; 1 Corinthians:15:22-26

; 1 Corinthians:16:8; James:1:18; Exodus:23:14-17

; Leviticus 23; Luke:2:41-42

; Luke:22:14-15

; John:7:2, 8, 10, 14; Acts:2:1; Acts:18:21; Acts:20:16; Zechariah:14:16-21

).
        God's Food Laws        We believe that those meats that are designated "unclean" by God in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14 are not to be eaten.
        Military Service and War        We believe that Christians are forbidden by the commandments of God from taking human life, directly or indirectly, and that bearing arms is contrary to this fundamental belief. Therefore, we believe that Christians should not voluntarily become engaged in military service. If they are involuntarily engaged in military service, we believe they should refuse conscientiously to bear arms and, to the extent possible, to refuse to come under military authority (Exodus:20:13; Matthew:5:21-22

; 1 Corinthians:7:21-23

; Acts:5:29).
        Promises to Abraham        We believe in God's enduring righteousness. That righteousness is demonstrated by God's faithfulness in fulfilling all of the promises He made to the father of the faithful, Abraham. As promised, God multiplied Abraham's lineal descendants so that Abraham literally became the "father" of many nations. We believe that God, as promised, materially prospered Abraham's lineal descendants Isaac and Jacob (whose name He later changed to Israel). We believe that God, through Abraham's Seed, Jesus Christ, is making salvation available to all humanity regardless of their physical lineage. Salvation is not therefore a right of birth. It is freely open to all whom God calls, and those who are regarded as descendants of Abraham are those of the faith, heirs according to the promises. We believe that the knowledge that God has fulfilled and continues to fulfill the physical promises made to Abraham and his children, and is fulfilling the spiritual promise through Jesus Christ, is critical to understanding the message of the prophets and its application to the world in which we live (Psalm:111:1-10

; Romans:4:16; Romans:9:7-8

; Galatians:3:16; Genesis:32:28).
        God's Purpose for Mankind        We believe God's purpose for mankind is to prepare those whom He calls, and who elect through a life of overcoming sin, developing righteous character, and growing in grace and knowledge, to possess the Kingdom and to become kings and priests reigning with Christ on this earth after His return. We believe that the reason for mankind's existence is literally to be born as spirit beings into the family of God (Romans:6:15-16

; Romans:8:14-17

, 30; Acts:2:39; 2 Peter:3:18; Revelation:3:5; 5:10).
        The Church        We believe that the Church is that body of believers who have received, and are being led by, the Holy Spirit. The true Church of God is a spiritual organism. Its biblical name is "The Church of God." We believe that the mission of the Church is to preach the gospel (good news) of the coming Kingdom of God to all nations as a witness, and to help reconcile to God such people as are now being called. We believe that it is also the mission of the Church of God to strengthen, edify and nurture the children of God in the love and admonition of our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts:2:38-39

, 47; Acts:20:28; Romans:8:14; Romans:14:19; Ephesians:1:22-23

; Ephesians:3:14; Ephesians:4:11-16

; 1 Corinthians:1:2; 1 Corinthians:10:32; 1 Corinthians:11:16, 22; 1 Corinthians:12:27; 1 Corinthians:14:26; 1 Corinthians:15:9; 2 Corinthians:1:1-2

; 2 Corinthians:5:18-20

; Galatians:1:13; 1 Thessalonians:2:14; 2 Thessalonians:1:4; 1 Timothy:3:5, 15; Mark:16:15; Matthew:24:14; Matthew:28:18-20

; John:6:44, 65; John:17:11, 16).
        Tithing        We believe in tithing as a way of honoring God with our substance and as a means of serving Him in the preaching of the gospel, the care of the Church, attending the festivals and helping the needy (Proverbs:3:9-10

; Genesis:14:17-20

; 1 Corinthians:9:7-14

; Numbers:18:21; Deuteronomy:14:22-29

).
        The Resurrections        We believe that the only hope of eternal life for mortal humans lies in the resurrection through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. We believe that at the return of Jesus Christ a resurrection to spirit life will take place for all who have been God's faithful servants. We believe that after Jesus Christ has ruled on this earth for 1,000 years, there will be a resurrection to physical life of the vast majority of all people who have ever lived. We believe that after these people have had an opportunity to live a physical life, if they become converted, they too will receive eternal life. We also believe that those who reject God's offer of salvation will reap eternal death (1 Corinthians:15:19, 42-52; Acts:23:6; John:5:21-29

; Romans:6:23; Romans:8:10-11

; 1 Thessalonians:4:16; Ezekiel:37:1-14

; Revelation:20:4-5

, 11-15; John:3:16; Matthew:25:46).
        Jesus Christ's Return        We believe in the personal, visible, premillennial return of the Lord Jesus Christ to rule the nations on earth as King of kings and to continue His priestly office as Lord of lords. At that time, He will sit upon the throne of David. During His thousand-year reign upon the earth, He will restore all things and establish the Kingdom of God forever (Matthew:24:30, 44; Revelation:1:7; Revelation:11:15; Revelation:19:16; Revelation:20:4-6

; 1 Thessalonians:4:13-16

; John:14:3; Isaiah:9:7; Isaiah:40:10-12

; Hebrews:7:24; Jeremiah:23:5; Luke:1:32-33

; Acts:1:11; Acts:3:21; Acts:15:16; Daniel:7:14, 18, 27).

Last edited by Truth.8 on 5-11-2014 10:21 AM

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 04:46 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.090074 second(s), 43 queries .