Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Truth.8

Which Animals Does the Bible Designate as 'Clean' and 'Unclean'

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 20-11-2014 02:38 PM | Show all posts
wkk5159 posted on 20-11-2014 12:28 PM
Now blabber about GMO without even understanding what is GMO...

Dietary law abiding so calle ...
But Jesus know better than us he didn't eat pork, so true follower of Jesus don't eat PORK!.
pork lovers normally label others are cult but they failed to realise the Bible made it clear unclean meats not good for humans..
Pork is not good for you ! pigs cannot sweat which means they cannot release toxins from their body and hold them inside. also they have a poor digestive tract and they do not clear out all of the bad stuff out of themselves which afects the meat and its quality . do not eat the pig.....Final warning!!!!!

Is Pork an Unhealthy "Dirty Meat" You Should Avoid?  

Last edited by Truth.8 on 20-11-2014 02:40 PM

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 20-11-2014 03:21 PM | Show all posts
Truth.8 posted on 20-11-2014 02:38 PM
But Jesus know better than us he didn't eat pork, so true follower of Jesus don't eat PORK!. ...

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT EATING PORK? WHY I NO LONGER EAT SWINE, BACON, BALONEY -CAUSES DISEASE

stephanie Parker1 month ago

This was a good message!.. I too use to love pork until my later years, but I do agree.. Swine is so nasty! I thank the Lord for showing me too. Were concidered as "law pushers" and to have faith in the activities we are partaking in including eatting certain foods.. God always knows best for his creation and many forget that he created everything. The Alpha and Omega knowing of all things from the begining to the end. Since our family has eaten good clean food, health has been much better. Blessings to you brother. Shalom

Use magic Report

Post time 21-11-2014 09:06 AM | Show all posts
Truth.8 posted on 20-11-2014 02:38 PM
But Jesus know better than us he didn't eat pork, so true follower of Jesus don't eat PORK!. ...

Again and again you have been proven an imbecile in animal science yet blabber here like an expert....errrr...a cult to be exact !

Your argument is that since pig has no sweat glands, they cannot excrete toxin and very unclean...

Let see the facts;

1. Pig - You are wrong, pig does has sweat glands albeit very few which are not efficient in dissipating heat, so they wallow in water or mud to cool off.

2 Cattle - No sweat glands at all, they dissipate heat by panting just like a dog, they like to wallow in mud to cool off their body(buffalo). Does no sweat gland make cattle unclean ???

Chicken - No sweat gland and dissipating heat by panting ! Does this make chicken unclean too ???

Since your argument is no sweat gland = unclean, hence Pig is cleaner than both Cattle and Chicken.

Again and again the points you put forward have been proven to be nothing more than fallacies !
So, final ultimatum, leave the anti-Christ doctrine of dietary law or ........i let you fill up the blank !

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-11-2014 10:48 AM | Show all posts
wkk5159 posted on 21-11-2014 09:06 AM
Again and again you have been proven an imbecile in animal science yet blabber here like an expert ...

all the fact  already provide according to peoples experiences....than why on earth God says do not eat certain unclean meats and that include Jesus? are you smart than God? sound to me you anti Bible and devil ....

Its common sense.  Yes pork is the nastiest or at least one of the nastiest animals but if you are hungry, or starving then eat up!  In Acts Peter had a vision.  During this vision God tells him, "rise, kill and eat."  The scripture around this verse lets us know that it is ok to eat pork if needed.  Myself, I am going to avoid pork however if I am hungry or starving I will apply common sense and eat.
·
atheistpsycho F.
11 months ago

pork are the mot digusting meats and I will throw out if i smell the shit of the pork!!! YUCK!! People who love to eat pork smell like pig too!! disgusting!!!

Last edited by Truth.8 on 21-11-2014 10:52 AM

Use magic Report

Post time 21-11-2014 11:02 AM | Show all posts
Truth.8 posted on 21-11-2014 10:48 AM
all the fact  already provide according to peoples experiences....than why on earth God says do no ...

No, if there is a person devoid of God wisdom and grace is you, yes, you Fallacy.8.

You just cannot handle and face the truth and it shows !

Use magic Report

Post time 21-11-2014 11:03 AM | Show all posts
Why Some Jews Don’t Feel Guilty About Eating Pork....

http://modernfarmer.com/2014/03/something-jews-eating-pork/

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 21-11-2014 02:14 PM | Show all posts
wkk5159 posted on 21-11-2014 11:02 AM
No, if there is a person devoid of God wisdom and grace is you, yes, you Fallacy.8.

You just ca ...

many agreed with me that pork is not a meat that should go into our  mouth...here is another:

Is Pork Healthy? Shane Tyler Milson
  May 18, 2014
   Healthy Living

If you’re eating pork on the regular, this article may sting a little…
Dr. Ted Broer, Dr. Axe and Dr. Jeff McCombs are among the many doctors that have evidence to prove that pork consumption is one of the major causes of many degenerative disease and illness.
They are not alone in their opinions…
Both well known and trusted natural health authorities and consumer advocates, Dr. Joesph Mercola and author of the best selling health book of all time Natural Cures “they” don’t want you to know about, Kevin Trudeau know the dangers of pork and believe that avoiding pork is vital to maintaining good health.
Even major religions concur.
Muslims and Jews, for example are forbidden to eat pork in any form. Leviticus 11:7 from the bible labels the pig an “unclean” animal, and prohibits the consumption of pork.
So maybe there’s something to this….
As a pork lover most of my life, coming across what you’re about to read was hard for me but in all honesty, the negative consequences of eating pork outweigh any health benefits.
Dr. McCombs, the world’s foremost expert on Candida, found from his first hand experience in treating thousands of patients, that when he took them completely off pork, they always felt much better and had more energy.
Most of their health symptoms, regardless of what they suffered from, also become alleviated. He said this was the case with virtually 100% of his patients!
This might be painful to read, especially if you enjoy pork, but it’s important to know, as it just may be the key to solving many of your health problems.
The Major Risks of Eating PorkThe greatest risk of eating pork is a retrovirus (porcine endogenas) that lives within the cells of all pork.
What little is known about this retrovirus is that it can survive extremely high cooking temperatures for long periods of time and mimics the symptoms of AIDS. This retrovirus is similar to AIDS in the essence that it uses the bodies cells to replicate itself, meaning the virus can go undetected for many, many years as it infiltrates and spreads throughout the body.
Now keep in mind that when you cook meat for long periods of time, as what’s done to pork products, it results in the creation of over 20 different kinds of heterocyclic amines, or HCAs for short.
All of which are linked to cancer.
The Symptoms of Retrovirus Infection are:
  • Hormonal Imbalances
  • Low Energy Levels
  • Joint/Back Pain
  • Inflammation
  • Excessive Histamine Production
  • Headaches
  • More frequent Colds and Flu’s
Not appearing so appetizing all of the sudden..

So, to recap; you can’t kill the retrovirus by cooking it at high temperatures for long periods of time and even if you managed to subdue the virus you’re still exposing yourself to cancer causing substances.
Sounds like gambling with your health.
Overexposure to the retrovirus from pork consumption can accumulate in your body leading to arthritis, heart disease and cancer.
Pigs Do Some Nasty ______.Pigs harbour many toxins that are latent with diseases and worms, because pigs scavenge as pigs do.
They will eat anything in their path including insects, worms, feces, garbage and even other dead pig carcasses if they come into contact with them.
Keep in mind that whatever a pig eats turns to meat on their bones within just a few hours!
Remember the old saying, that goes something like “You are what you eat“?

Eating pork is virtually the same as eating undigested garbage filled with viruses. Most flu viruses that we come into contact with actually are created from the lungs of pigs. The pig’s lungs are an incubator for the combination of bird, human and porcine viruses.
You’re Sicker Than You Think…Now some people may think “I have been eating pork for years and I’m okay.”
Well here’s the unfortunate truth… You aren’t okay and you probably don’t even realize how much pork is negatively affecting you because you’re so used to feeling at a constant low vibration.
If you’ve been eating pork for some time now, it’s likely that the infection of the retrovirus has already taken hold of you and ingrained itself in your cells, which is zapping you of energy, mental clarity and good health.
You may think you’re fine eating this “dirty meat” but you are severly damaging your health, as shown by research and the worlds foremost leading authorities on health.
You may not have gotten violently or noticeably sick but you’re sacrificing the quality of health you could have by not eating pork products.
Indicators that eating pork is affecting your health are:
Truth Hurts.

• Constant fatigue
  • Low energy levels
  • High susceptibility to colds and flu’s
  • Feeling bloated after eating
  • Frequent depression
It’s becoming more and more common to hear of people becoming seriously sick and poisoned from consuming pork products that aren’t cooked or prepared properly.
What people do not realize is that cooking the meat cannot kill the virus and all pork products including ham, bacon, smoked meats, sausages and cured deli meats are harbouring the retrovirus.
Every time you eat pork you’re gambling with your health and sooner or later the house always wins.
Pork has always been and continues to be a very risky health choice.
What You’ll Notice When You Stop Eating PorkAs reported by Dr. McCombs and Kevin Trudeau, when people eliminate pork from their diet for 30 days, virtually 100% of people notice feeling lighter, more alive and experience an overall sense of balance and well being!
Sounds good so far right?
I challenge you to take 30 days off from eating pork and observe how you feel. If you really want to be convinced, then try eating your favourite pork meal, weather it’s bacon, sausage or pork loin roast after the 30 day challenge and see notice how you feel.
At the least, if you reduce pork consumption you will still notice some benefits but it’s the elimination of pork that will show you the real difference in quality of health.

Now I don’t recommend being fanatical and refusing to ever eat pork again as if it’ll kill you on the spot, but I do recommend cooling it down on your consumption and going organic at the very least.
Is Organic Pork Healthy?If you choose to eat pork, make sure it is naturally and humanely raised from a pastured source. This kind of humane pork is fed organic vegetable and grains. Any other source of pork is inhumane (in crates they can’t even turn around in their entire lives) and much, much more likely to be harbouring diseases.
But remember that there’s no immunity from the retrovirus no matter where the pig has come from, because the retrovirus is always there and you cannot stop pigs from from doing things like eating their own feces, which also contaminates the meat with further toxins.
Avoiding pork often, even organic pasture-raised versions, in favor of healthier and safer meat sources, like organic grass-fed beef, lamb, bison and chicken is my recommendation, but remember, don’t become a goddamn fanatic!
Just take precautions and use avoidance whenever possible.
Until Next Time…

Last edited by Truth.8 on 22-11-2014 12:26 PM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-11-2014 02:22 PM | Show all posts
wkk5159 posted on 21-11-2014 11:03 AM
Why Some Jews Don’t Feel Guilty About Eating Pork....

http://modernfarmer.com/2014/03/somet ...

some jews? remember how God destroyed some Jews when they astray?
clearly you not Christian nor read bible...you just another pretender with christian  name...shame on u

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-11-2014 05:15 PM | Show all posts

Shamelessness is bad, stupidity and ignorance is worse, evil spirit inspired is worst but for Fallacy.8, all these seem like blissful combination...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-11-2014 12:10 PM | Show all posts
wkk5159 posted on 21-11-2014 05:15 PM
Shamelessness is bad, stupidity and ignorance is worse, evil spirit inspired is worst but for Fall ...
Shamelessness is bad, stupidity and ignorance is worse, evil spirit inspired is worst but for Fallacy.8, all these seem like blissful combination...

you can be good in words to twiste that is how a pork lovers like you live filthy way of speech ....in rsf forum you label me as serial sex offender without any proof which  know as slander....a true Bible reading peoples never such remarks rather they hold their tounge what to write and not...you even label the muslims beings lady boy and etc...this kind attitude surly comes from pork lover ....remember I wrote  that characteristics pigs are  unclean..u same as that....u not a christian ...but full of revengful soul against certain races in this country.........
u same as DAP pigs....they all consider pigs...love to drink acholo and eating pork...consider evil souls...pork lover look good outside but they are filty in mind, soul and etc

Now some people may think “I have been eating pork for years and I’m okay.”
Well here’s the unfortunate truth… You aren’t okay and you probably don’t even realize how much pork is negatively affecting you because you’re so used to feeling at a constant low vibration.
If you’ve been eating pork for some time now, it’s likely that the infection of the retrovirus has already taken hold of you and ingrained itself in your cells, which is zapping you of energy, mental clarity and good health.
You may think you’re fine eating this “dirty meat” but you are severly damaging your health, as shown by research and the worlds foremost leading authorities on health.
You may not have gotten violently or noticeably sick but you’re sacrificing the quality of health you could have by not eating pork products.

Recap:

Is Pork Healthy? Shane Tyler Milson
  May 18, 2014
   Healthy Living

If you’re eating pork on the regular, this article may sting a little…
Dr. Ted Broer, Dr. Axe and Dr. Jeff McCombs are among the many doctors that have evidence to prove that pork consumption is one of the major causes of many degenerative disease and illness.
They are not alone in their opinions…
Both well known and trusted natural health authorities and consumer advocates, Dr. Joesph Mercola and author of the best selling health book of all time Natural Cures “they” don’t want you to know about, Kevin Trudeau know the dangers of pork and believe that avoiding pork is vital to maintaining good health.
Even major religions concur.
Muslims and Jews, for example are forbidden to eat pork in any form. Leviticus 11:7 from the bible labels the pig an “unclean” animal, and prohibits the consumption of pork.
So maybe there’s something to this….
As a pork lover most of my life, coming across what you’re about to read was hard for me but in all honesty, the negative consequences of eating pork outweigh any health benefits.
Dr. McCombs, the world’s foremost expert on Candida, found from his first hand experience in treating thousands of patients, that when he took them completely off pork, they always felt much better and had more energy.
Most of their health symptoms, regardless of what they suffered from, also become alleviated. He said this was the case with virtually 100% of his patients!
This might be painful to read, especially if you enjoy pork, but it’s important to know, as it just may be the key to solving many of your health problems.
The Major Risks of Eating PorkThe greatest risk of eating pork is a retrovirus (porcine endogenas) that lives within the cells of all pork.
What little is known about this retrovirus is that it can survive extremely high cooking temperatures for long periods of time and mimics the symptoms of AIDS. This retrovirus is similar to AIDS in the essence that it uses the bodies cells to replicate itself, meaning the virus can go undetected for many, many years as it infiltrates and spreads throughout the body.
Now keep in mind that when you cook meat for long periods of time, as what’s done to pork products, it results in the creation of over 20 different kinds of heterocyclic amines, or HCAs for short.
All of which are linked to cancer.
The Symptoms of Retrovirus Infection are:
  • Hormonal Imbalances
  • Low Energy Levels
  • Joint/Back Pain
  • Inflammation
  • Excessive Histamine Production
  • Headaches
  • More frequent Colds and Flu’s
Not appearing so appetizing all of the sudden..

So, to recap; you can’t kill the retrovirus by cooking it at high temperatures for long periods of time and even if you managed to subdue the virus you’re still exposing yourself to cancer causing substances.
Sounds like gambling with your health.
Overexposure to the retrovirus from pork consumption can accumulate in your body leading to arthritis, heart disease and cancer.
Pigs Do Some Nasty ______.Pigs harbour many toxins that are latent with diseases and worms, because pigs scavenge as pigs do.
They will eat anything in their path including insects, worms, feces, garbage and even other dead pig carcasses if they come into contact with them.
Keep in mind that whatever a pig eats turns to meat on their bones within just a few hours!
Remember the old saying, that goes something like “You are what you eat“?

Eating pork is virtually the same as eating undigested garbage filled with viruses. Most flu viruses that we come into contact with actually are created from the lungs of pigs. The pig’s lungs are an incubator for the combination of bird, human and porcine viruses.
You’re Sicker Than You Think…Now some people may think “I have been eating pork for years and I’m okay.”
Indicators that eating pork is affecting your health are:
Truth Hurts.

• Constant fatigue
  • Low energy levels
  • High susceptibility to colds and flu’s
  • Feeling bloated after eating
  • Frequent depression
It’s becoming more and more common to hear of people becoming seriously sick and poisoned from consuming pork products that aren’t cooked or prepared properly.
What people do not realize is that cooking the meat cannot kill the virus and all pork products including ham, bacon, smoked meats, sausages and cured deli meats are harbouring the retrovirus.
Every time you eat pork you’re gambling with your health and sooner or later the house always wins.
Pork has always been and continues to be a very risky health choice.
What You’ll Notice When You Stop Eating PorkAs reported by Dr. McCombs and Kevin Trudeau, when people eliminate pork from their diet for 30 days, virtually 100% of people notice feeling lighter, more alive and experience an overall sense of balance and well being!
Sounds good so far right?
I challenge you to take 30 days off from eating pork and observe how you feel. If you really want to be convinced, then try eating your favourite pork meal, weather it’s bacon, sausage or pork loin roast after the 30 day challenge and see notice how you feel.
At the least, if you reduce pork consumption you will still notice some benefits but it’s the elimination of pork that will show you the real difference in quality of health.

Now I don’t recommend being fanatical and refusing to ever eat pork again as if it’ll kill you on the spot, but I do recommend cooling it down on your consumption and going organic at the very least.
Is Organic Pork Healthy?If you choose to eat pork, make sure it is naturally and humanely raised from a pastured source. This kind of humane pork is fed organic vegetable and grains. Any other source of pork is inhumane (in crates they can’t even turn around in their entire lives) and much, much more likely to be harbouring diseases.
But remember that there’s no immunity from the retrovirus no matter where the pig has come from, because the retrovirus is always there and you cannot stop pigs from from doing things like eating their own feces, which also contaminates the meat with further toxins.
Avoiding pork often, even organic pasture-raised versions, in favor of healthier and safer meat sources, like organic grass-fed beef, lamb, bison and chicken is my recommendation, but remember, don’t become a goddamn fanatic!
Just take precautions and use avoidance whenever possible.
Until Next Time…

Last edited by Truth.8 on 22-11-2014 12:19 PM

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2014 10:43 AM | Show all posts
Pork with a high content of polyunsaturated fatty acids lowers LDL cholesterol in women....From American Journal of Clinical Nutrition

Background: Animal products contribute significantly to the saturated fat and cholesterol content of the American diet. Contrary to dietary            advice, consumers have not limited their consumption of animal products. Thus, an alternative approach might be to modify the fatty acid composition of animal products.                  

Objective: We tested the hypothesis that modified pork with a high content of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) and a low content                    of saturated fatty acids (SFAs) would lower plasma LDL-cholesterol concentrations in women.                  

Design: Twenty women aged 19–24 y completed a crossover study with 2 diets. Nutritionally complete diets containing 42% of energy                    from fat differed only in the inclusion of either standard or modified pork. Venous blood samples were collected at weeks 0, 4, and 8.                  

Results: The diet containing modified pork significantly lowered total plasma (P < 0.0076) and LDL (P < 0.0382) cholesterol. The modified diet also resulted in an increase in the PUFA and a decrease in the SFA and monounsaturated fatty acid contents of the cholesteryl ester, free fatty acid, phospholipid, and triacylglycerol lipid classes in both plasma and erythrocytes. Plasma concentrations of glucose, insulin, triacylglycerol, and free fatty acids did not change significantly.                  

Conclusions: Consumption of pork with a high PUFA content resulted in a decrease in the subjects' total plasma and LDL cholesterol and                shifted the fatty acid composition from SFAs to PUFAs in the plasma and erythrocytes. Modification of the fatty acid composition of animal foods will be a useful approach to lowering the saturated fat consumption of Americans.                  

Kudos to the wonderful pork.....

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/74/2/179.full

Last edited by wkk5159 on 23-11-2014 10:44 AM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-11-2014 03:18 PM | Show all posts
wkk5159 posted on 23-11-2014 10:43 AM
Pork with a high content of polyunsaturated fatty acids lowers LDL cholesterol in women....From Amer ...

this afternoon  while in my locker room after the gym...i noticed someone sneezing and Coughing  very loud....i do not know who snezzing an coughing  because it was other locker which i cannot see that person....but i knew surly must be pork lover ....than i saw him while he pass by to take water...fat, big tummy and is chinese....

u see , u take unclean meats...u are what you are....i challenge you stop taking pork and you see the differences....u will surly Thanks God  of Bible...

actually you consider as follows:

Romans 1:22King James Version (KJV) 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

It suit you

Does science find any diseases caused by eating pork?

DISEASES CAUSED BY PORK IN DETAIL
The following lists show germs or parasites that are found in pork and some diseases caused by them. Many of these diseases are contagious while some are proven fatal.This proves that the more science advances the more Islam is shown correct as a religion of God.

PARASITIC DISEASES
a) TRICHINELLA SPIRATIS ( Trichina worms )
It is the most dangerous parasite to man ( Rheumatism and muscular pain). The infected persons shown no symptoms, recover very slowly some die, some reduced to permanent invalids. No one is immune from this disease and there is no cure.

b) TAENIA SOLIUM ( Pork tape worm )
The worm causes malnourishment of the person leading to anemia, diarrhea, extreme depression melancholia and digestive disturbances. Cysticercosis means that larva enter the blood stream then settle down in one or more of the vital organs of the body, for example: brain, liver, lungs or spinal cord. They grow and encapsulate, inducing pressure to the
system around, resulting in dangerous diseases (diarrhea,digestive disorder, anemia, chronic invalidation).

c) ROUND WORMS
Examples: Ascaris, which may lead to digestive disturbances, appendicitis, obstructive jaundice.

d) HOOK WORMS
Examples:Ancylostomiasis, which may lead to anemia, oedema, heart failure or retarded growth ( mental and physical), tuberculosis,
diarrhea and typhoid.

e) SCHITOSOMA JAPONICUM
Bleeding, anemia and other syndromes. If ova are settled in the brain or spinal cord, paralysis and death may occur.

f) PARAGOMINES WESTERMAINI
Infestation leading to bleeding of the lungs ( endenve haemoptysis)

g) PACIOLEPSIS BUSKI
Digestive disturbances leading to persistent diarrhea; generalized oedema.

h) CLONORCHIS SINENSIS
chlonorchiasis-obstructive jaundice, liver enlargement.

i) METASTRONGYLUS APRI
Causes bronchitis, abscess of the lungs.

j) GIGANTHORINCHUS GIGAS
Cause anemia and digestive disorders.

k) BALATITIDIUM COLI
Causes acute dysentery and general weakness.

BACTERIAL DISEASES
Tuberculosis  
Fusiformis necrofurus: causing foot-rot which is very difficult to heal.  
Salmonella Cholera suis: causing cholera  
Paratyphoid  
Bruceellosis: Acute, sub acute and chronic. It may lead to permanent disabilities.  
Swine Erysipelas: causing Erypelas in man.  
Viral Diseases
Small pox: is was a source of infection to man.  
Japanese B-encepphalitis: It is the source of infection  
Influenza, foot mouth disease, gas tro-enteritis of the new born babies.  
Protozoal Diseases:
Toxo plasma goundii- It is a very dangerous diseases.A new born baby of an infected woman may die within few days or weeks after delivery. But if he survives he may develop blindness or deafness.In adult chronic exhaustive fever with enlarged liver and spleen may occur. Pneumonia, or celebro- spinal meninggitis which may lead to death or madness. The patient may become blind and deaf too.

Fats In Pigs:
Pork contains more fats than other meats. Therefore, people who are fond of pork are more obese than others. Cholesterol is higher in their blood thus making them more prone to asthereosclerosis cardiovascular accidents and sudden death.

Other Diseases:
Flesh of the pork is hard to digest and may lead to chronic digestive disturbances. Pimples, boils, cysts are common in pork eaters. These are some of the parasites and diseases found in pork and/ or the skin of pigs and certainly there are many more. There is still no means of killing these parasites, in the tissues, neither has anyone found a method of expelling them, even produced any specific treatment for the diseases.

If you pours Coke (yes, the soda) on a slab of pork, wait a little while, you will SEE WORMS crawl out of it.  
      Seems it causes all the diseases in the world.......but even if it doesn't,i would also obey God's rules.            

Last edited by Truth.8 on 25-11-2014 03:21 PM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-11-2014 03:30 PM | Show all posts
Truth.8 posted on 25-11-2014 03:18 PM
this afternoon  while in my locker room after the gym...i noticed someone sneezing and Coughing  v ...

Is Pork Still Dangerous?                  
Did Leviticus get it right? Pork may still be dangerous.          

Published on February 8, 2012 by Paul & Shou-Ching Jaminet in Perfect Health Diet               

[url=]inShare[/url]

Experts
                                                                                                        Paul & Shou-Ching Jaminet                                                                                                           

Paul Jaminet, Ph.D., was an astrophysicist at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, became a software entrepreneur during the Internet boom, and now provides strategic advice to entrepreneurial companies while pursuing research in economics (see pauljaminet.com for more information). Paul was educated at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and University of California at Berkeley. Paul's experience overcoming a chronic infectious disease through diet, nutrition, and antibiotics was the key to developing the Perfect Health Diet.
Shou-Ching Jaminet, Ph.D., is a vascular biologist and cancer researcher at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, and Director of BIDMC's Multi-Gene Transcriptional Profiling Core. Shou-Ching was born in Korea to Chinese parents and grew up in Korea. She attended college at National Taiwan University in Taipei and graduate school at University of Newcastle in Australia before coming to the US to work at Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Children's Hospital Boston, and Beth Israel Deaconess and Harvard Medical School. Shou-Ching's research focuses on finding anti-angiogenic therapies for cancer.

If we were to rank popular meats by their healthfulness, the order would be (1) fish and shellfish, (2) ruminants (beef, lamb, goat), and (3) birds (duck, chicken, turkey). In last place would be pork.
Of course, the ancient Hebrews were forbidden to eat pork, and it's commonly assumed that health concerns were behind the prohibition. Commenter George Henderson prompted us to look into the modern case for avoiding pork with this comment:  "Nanji and Bridges identified possible problems with pork plus moderate alcohol in 1985 and other researchers have confirmed the pattern since."
Pork Consumption and Liver Cirrhosis Pork consumption has a strong epidemiological association with cirrhosis of the liver. Startlingly, pork may be even more strongly associated with alcoholic cirrhosis than alcohol itself!
The evidence was summarized by Francis Bridges in a recent (2009) paper [1], building on earlier work by Nanji and French [2]. A relation between pork consumption and cirrhosis of the liver is apparent across countries and has been consistently maintained for at least 40 years.

Here is the correlation between pork consumption and mortality from liver cirrhosis in 2003 [1]:

The correlation coefficient of 0.83 is extremely high - rarely seen in epidemiology. Correlation coefficients range from -1.0 to 1.0, and a coefficient of 1.0 would indicate that cirrhosis mortality was strictly proportional to pork consumption. The very low p-value confirms the statistical association.
Here is the relation between alcohol consumption and mortality from liver cirrhosis:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2760419/bin/ijerph-06-02417f1.jpg
The correlation coefficient is lower than for pork consumption.
In epidemiological studies, beef, lamb, and pork are often grouped together as "red meat." However, this may conceal differences between pork and the ruminant meats. Bridges found that beef actually appeared protective against cirrhosis:
In the present study using 2003 data, a significant negative association between dietary beef and rates of cirrhosis mortality was found.... [D]ietary beef may be a protective factor regarding the pathogenesis of alcoholic cirrhosis. [1]
This would be consistent with considerable evidence, discussed in our book (pp 57-58), showing that saturated fat is protective against liver disease, while polyunsaturated fat causes it. Epidemiological data confirms that saturated fat is protective; here is Bridges again [1]:
[A]nalysis of data from 17 countries indicated that diets high in cholesterol and saturated fat protected (i.e., inversely correlated) against alcoholic cirrhosis while polyunsaturated fats promoted (positively correlated) cirrhosis [8].
Beef is high in saturated fat, low in polyunsaturated fat. Pork is relatively high in polyunsaturated fat.
If the fat composition is playing a role, perhaps it is not that surprising that pork is more strongly related to cirrhosis than alcohol.
Either fructose or alcohol can react with polyunsaturated fat to produce liver disease. Sugar consumption, for example in soft drinks, may be just as likely to combine with pork to cause a cirrhotic liver as alcohol. But no other common dietary component can substitute for the role of polyunsaturated fat in causing liver disease.
Here is Nanji and French summarizing the correlation of pork with liver disease even in the absence of alcohol:
In countries with low alcohol consumption, no correlation was obtained between alcohol consumption and cirrhosis. However, a significant correlation was obtained between cirrhosis and pork. A similar relationship was seen in the ten Canadian provinces, where there was no correlation between cirrhosis mortality and alcohol consumption, but a significant correlation was obtained with pork. [2]
But fat composition is hardly likely to be the sole issue with pork. Most polyunsaturated fats in modern diets are derived from vegetable oils, not pork. It seems that there must be something else in pork besides polyunsaturated fat that is causing liver disease.
Pork and Liver Cancer We would expect that if pork can cause liver cirrhosis it will also promote liver cancer, since injured and inflamed tissues are more likely to become cancerous.
Indeed, there is an association between pork consumption and the primary liver cancer, hepatocellular carcinoma. Nanji and French [3] write:
The authors investigated the possibility that dietary fat, meat, beef, and pork consumption might be factors that would, in addition to alcohol, correlate with mortality from hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in different countries....
The correlation between HCC and alcohol was 0.40 (p < 0.05); that with pork consumption was also 0.40 (p < 0.05). There was no correlation with total fat meat, beef, and cigarette and tobacco consumption.
The correlation with pork consumption is as strong as that for alcohol. Beef has no relation at all liver cancer.
Another way of looking at the data is based on countries with low and high incidence of HCC. In countries with a high incidence of HCC (more than 3 per 100,000), compared to countries with a low incidence, alcohol consumption was higher by 128%, and pork consumption was higher by 68%. [3]
However, pork was not a marker for animal food or fat consumption. Fat consumption was actually inversely associated with HCC: high incidence countries ate 12% less fat than low incidence countries. [3]
Pork and Multiple Sclerosis Nanji and Norad [4] looked for other diseases that correlate with pork consumption, and hit upon multiple sclerosis. The connection is remarkable:
A significant correlation was obtained between prevalence of multiple sclerosis and ... pork consumption (r = 0.87, p less than 0.001). There was no significant correlation with beef consumption. [4]
As noted earlier, a correlation coefficient of 0.87 is extremely high, and a p-value below 0.001 also shows a very strong relationship. MS is much more likely to befall pork eaters. Such a strong correlation makes it look like pork, or something found in pork, is the cause of MS.
Nanji and Norad further note that beef, the "other red meat," is not associated with MS:
The correlation between pork consumption and MS prevalence was highly significant. Also, of major significance was the absence of a significant correlation between MS prevalence and beef consumption. This is consistent with the observations that MS is rare in countries where pork is forbidden by religious customs (e.g. Middle East) and has a low prevalence in countries where beef consumption far exceeds pork consumption (e.g. Brazil, Australia). [4]
Lauer [5] verified the pork-MS link, but found it to be characteristic of processed pork:
When ... quantitative data are taken into account, and a combined factor "smoked meat" or "smoked pork" is formed, the association is very high throughout. This factor is also compatible with the high risk of multiple sclerosis in Scotland and particularly in the Orkney and Shetland Islands and with the only transitorily high incidence in the Faroe Islands [6], whereas coffee can hardly explain both epidemiological features.
Arguments for the biological plausibility of some agents occurring in smoked and cured meat (in particular nitrophenol haptens and their protein conjugates) have been put forward [7]. There appears at present to be no plausibility for the factor "margarine", which was also not compatible with the temporal pattern of multiple sclerosis in the Faroe Islands. [6]
Conclusion There are remarkably strong correlations between pork consumption and liver disease, liver cancer, and multiple sclerosis.
What can be behind those relationships? The relatively high omega-6 fat content of pork may be a contributing factor, but it can't be the whole story. It seems there is something else in pork that makes pork consumption risky.
What is it about pork that is so dangerous, and what does it mean for our dietary advice? That will be the topic of our next post.
References [1] Bridges FS. Relationship between dietary beef, fat, and pork and alcoholic cirrhosis. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2009 Sep;6(9):2417-25. http://pmid.us/19826553.
[2] Nanji AA, French SW. Relationship between pork consumption and cirrhosis.  Lancet. 1985 Mar 23;1(8430):681-3. http://pmid.us/2858627.
[3] Nanji AA, French SW. Hepatocellular carcinoma. Relationship to wine and pork consumption. Cancer. 1985 Dec 1;56(11):2711-2. http://pmid.us/2996744.
[4] Nanji AA, Narod S. Multiple sclerosis, latitude and dietary fat: is pork the missing link?  Med Hypotheses. 1986 Jul;20(3):279-82. http://pmid.us/3638477.
[5] Lauer K. The food pattern in geographical relation to the risk of multiple sclerosis in the Mediterranean and Near East region. J Epidemiol Community Health. 1991 Sep;45(3):251-2. http://pmid.us/1757770.
[6] Lauer K. Dietary changes in relation to multiple sclerosis in the Faroe Islands: an evaluation of literary sources. Neuroepidemiology. 1989;8(4):200-6. http://pmid.us/2755551.
[7] Lauer K. Environmental nitrophenols and autoimmunity. Mol Immunol. 1990 Jul;27(7):697-8. http://pmid.us/2395440.
[8] Nanji AA, French SW. Dietary factors and alcoholic cirrhosis. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 1986 Jun;10(3):271-3. http://pmid.us/3526949.

Last edited by Truth.8 on 25-11-2014 05:18 PM

Use magic Report

Post time 1-12-2014 09:10 AM | Show all posts
Yawn....still quoting from sites run by Jews, muslims and even vegans to support his fallacy. ...
Wake up Fallacy.8, you have been debunked again and again with truthful facts but still shamelessly crawling back blabbering with fallacies you yourself don't have a clue what is it all about.

The TOP 3 reasons why YOU should be eating LARD

http://www.weedemandreap.com/top-reasons-eating-lard/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-12-2014 01:09 PM | Show all posts
wkk5159 posted on 1-12-2014 09:10 AM
Yawn....still quoting from sites run by Jews, muslims and even vegans to support his fallacy. ...:lo ...

3 reason only is it?

Top 10 Reasons Not to Eat Pigs
1. Porking You Up
It’s a fact—ham, sausage, and bacon strips will go right to your hips. Eating pork products, which are loaded with artery-clogging cholesterol and saturated fat, is a good way to increase your waistline and increase your chances of developing deadly diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s, asthma, and impotence. Research has shown that vegetarians are 50 percent less likely to develop heart disease, and they have 40 percent of the cancer rate of meat-eaters. Plus, meat-eaters are nine times more likely to be obese than pure vegetarians are.

2. Pigs Have Feelings TooNinety-seven percent of pigs in the United States today are raised in factory farms, where they will never run across sprawling pastures, bask in the sun, breathe fresh air, or do anything else that comes naturally to them. Crowded into warehouses with nothing to do and nowhere to go, they are kept on a steady diet of drugs to keep them alive and make them grow faster, but the drugs cause many of the animals to become crippled under their own bulk.

3. Pigs and Playstations
Think that you can outplay a pig on your Playstation? You may be surprised. According to research, pigs are much smarter than dogs, and they even do better at video games than some primates. In fact, pigs are extremely clever animals who form complex social networks and have excellent memories. Eating a pig is like eating your dog! As actor Cameron Diaz put it after hearing that pigs have the mental capacities of a 3-year-old human: “[Eating bacon is] like eating my niece!
4. Pigs Prefer Mud, Not Crud
Pigs are actually very clean animals. If they are given sufficient space, pigs are careful not to soil the areas where they sleep or eat. And forget the silly saying “sweating like a pig”—pigs can’t even sweat! That’s why they bathe in water or mud to cool off. But in factory farms, they’re forced to live in their own feces and vomit and even amid the corpses of other pigs. Conditions are so filthy that at any given time, more than one-quarter of pigs suffer from mange—think of your worst case of poison ivy, and imagine having to suffer from it for the rest of your life.

5. Farming Family Values
Factory farms are pure hell for pigs and their babies. Mother pigs spend most of their lives in tiny “gestation” crates, which are so small that the animals are unable to turn around or even lie down comfortably. They are repeatedly impregnated until they are slaughtered. Piglets, who are taken away from their distraught mothers after just a few weeks, have their tails chopped off, their teeth are clipped off with pliers, and the males are castrated—all without painkillers.

6. The Manure Is Blowing in the Wind …
A pig farm with 5,000 animals produces as much fecal waste as a city of 50,000 people. In 1995, 25 million gallons of putrid hog urine and feces spilled into a North Carolina river, immediately killing between 10 and 14 million fish. To get around water pollution limits, factory farms will frequently take the tons of urine and feces that are stored in cesspools and turn them into liquid waste that they spray into the air. This manure-filled mist is carried away by the wind and inhaled by the people who live nearby.

7. Bacteria-Laden Bacon and Harmful Ham
Extremely crowded conditions, poor ventilation, and filth in factory farms cause such rampant disease in pigs that 70 percent of them have pneumonia by the time they’re sent to the slaughterhouse. In order to keep pigs alive in conditions that would otherwise kill them and to promote unnaturally fast growth, the industry keeps pigs on a steady diet of the antibiotics that we depend on to treat human illnesses. This overuse of antibiotics has led to the development of “superbacteria,” or antibiotic-resistant bacterial strains. The ham, bacon, and sausage that you’re eating may make the drugs that your doctor prescribes the next time you get sick completely ineffective.

8. Hell on Wheels
More than 170,000 pigs die in transport each year, and more than 420,000 are crippled by the time they arrive at the slaughterhouse. Transport trucks, which carry pigs hundreds of miles through all weather extremes with no food or water, regularly flip over, throwing injured and dying animals onto the road. These terrified and injured animals are rarely offered veterinary care, and most languish in pain for hours; some even bleed to death on the side of the road. After an accident in April 2005, Smithfield spokesperson Jerry Hostetter told one reporter, “I hate to admit it, but it happens all the time.”

9. Killing Them Without Kindness
A typical slaughterhouse kills up to 1,100 pigs every hour, which makes it impossible for them to be given humane, painless deaths. The U.S. Department of Agriculture documented 14 humane slaughter violations at one processing plant, where inspectors found hogs who “were walking and squealing after being stunned [with a stun gun] as many as four times.” Because of improper stunning methods and extremely fast line speeds, many pigs are still alive when they are dumped into scalding-hot hair-removal tanks—they literally drown in scalding-hot water.

10. Ditch the Bacon and Get Fakin’
Save pigs from hell and yourself from bad health by feasting on faux pork products instead. Stuff a sandwich full of Yves brand veggie ham slices, or throw some Lightlife Smart Bacon into a sizzling skillet—the freezer and “health food” sections of your local grocery or health food stores are packed full of these and other tasty substitutes.

Think before you eat another sausage link—order a free vegan starter kit full of delicious recipes and celebrity features today!

Use magic Report

Post time 2-12-2014 09:24 AM | Show all posts
Dey Paandi (pig), where is my tornado?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-12-2014 08:18 AM | Show all posts
Top ten reasons why bacon is actually healthy for you !

http://bacontoday.com/top-10-reasons-bacon-is-actually-healthy-for-you/

Top 10 Reasons Bacon Is Actually HEALTHY For You!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-12-2014 10:22 AM | Show all posts
wkk5159 posted on 4-12-2014 08:18 AM
Top ten reasons why bacon is actually healthy for you !

PIG   & PORK FACTS
THE   pig or swine is a very popular food item with most Christians. Yet Christians   are unaware that the God they profess to believe in had condemned the eating   of swine's flesh. The condemnation was based on some very sound biological principles.   Here are some facts on pork that prove it to be a very unhealthy food to eat:   
        A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement,     dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even     eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.
       The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be     30 times more toxic than beef or venison.
        When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what     little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered     by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the     meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.
        Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a     means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat,     the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.
        Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine     or other poisons.
        Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs     will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.
        When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster     than to other animal's flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.     
        Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms,     flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can     be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts,and eggs will be     killed.
       Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams     of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1     grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.
        Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes     over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified     of toxins. In contrast, the swine's one stomach takes only about 4 hours to     digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.
       The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans.     This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcase (Leviticus     11:8).
       The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested     can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This     results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but     when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis,     rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.     
       The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer     line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot.     Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system     fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig.
There are   other reasons grounded in biological facts that could be listed to show why   pigs and swine should not be eaten. But a true Christian should only need one   reason why not to eat this type of food because God prohibited it.
"And   the swine, because it divides the hoof, yet does not chew the cud, it is unclean   unto you: you shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase."   - Leviticus 11:7,8; Deuteronomy 14:8

Those who   say Christ abolished the law condemning pork are motivated by their stomach   not Scripture. The problems with pork are biological, and Christ never changed   the laws of biology.

Last edited by Truth.8 on 4-12-2014 10:24 AM

Use magic Report

Post time 6-12-2014 06:06 PM | Show all posts
Is It Wrong to Eat Pork?
A myriad of different views have been adopted to ascertain the rightness or wrongness of specific actions. Some have adopted the philosophy that if something feels good to them, then that thing is right for them. Others suggest that if animals engage in a certain activity, then such must be right for humans as well. In truth, however, there is only one way to know if an action or idea is right or wrong, and that is to compare it to the ultimate standard. If it can be proven that the Bible is God’s Word (and it can, see Thompson, 2003), then the Bible reveals the perfect mind of God and is the sole source of authority on which assessments of right and wrong should be based.
What, then, does the Bible say about eating pork? Is it wrong? This question naturally arises from reading the Old Testament, because it was wrong for Jews under the Law of Moses to eat pork. In Leviticus 11, God gave the Israelites a list of animals that were permissible to eat, but the text specifically labels swine (pork) as unclean and forbidden (vs. 7). Throughout the Old Testament, the act of eating swine’s flesh was viewed as an abomination to the Israelites—wrong and sinful (see Isaiah 66:17). One primary reason for this prohibition in the Old Testament against eating the meat of unclean animals, including pork, was to protect the Israelites from diseases, infections, and bacteria that were more commonly carried in scavenger animals such as vultures, catfish, and pigs (see Thompson, pp. 52-53).
The question does arise, however, if it was wrong for those under the Old Law of Moses, is it still wrong for those who are following God under the New Law of Christ? The straightforward answer to this question is a simple, “no.” It is not wrong to eat pork.
When Jesus Christ died, He nailed the Old Law to the cross (Colossians 2:14). The book of Hebrews explains that Christ made the Law of Moses obsolete and replaced it with the New Covenant (Hebrews 8:13). Paul explained to Christians in Galatia that the Old Law was cast out and replaced by Christ’s New Law (Galatians 4:21-31). As a result, the regulations about clean and unclean foods were jettisoned, along with rules for animal sacrifice, ritual washings, annual feast days, Sabbath observance, and a host of other ceremonial trappings.
As evidence that the food regulations were abolished, the book of Acts includes an account in which the apostle Peter saw a heavenly vision of unclean animals being lowered from heaven. A voice from heaven said to Peter, “Rise, Peter, kill, and eat” (Acts 10:13). Peter responded that he did not eat unclean animals. The heavenly voice countered by saying, “What God has cleansed you must not call common” (10:15). In the immediate context, the vision was designed for Peter to understand that God was arranging for the Gospel to be preached to the Gentiles. But the interchange also manifests the fact that the regulations for clean and unclean animals had been altered so that animals that once were unclean to the Jew were now fit to eat.
In a passage that has a direct application to the eating of pork, Paul wrote to Timothy:
Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. Forevery creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer (1 Timothy 4:1-5, emp. added).
Under the New Law of Christ, it is no longer wrong to eat animals such as pigs or catfish, since such regulations have been removed. Those who want to be accepted by God no longer have to offer up physical animal sacrifices, since Christ offered Himself on the cross as the ultimate, permanent sacrifice for sins (Hebrews 9:28).
When Christ died on the cross, His New Law went into effect (Hebrews 9:16-22). While it is true that some of the things in the Old Law, such as the prohibition to murder or lie, are repeated in the New Law, many regulations were not carried over. The only way to know what God expects of individuals under the New Law is to study the 27 books in the New Testament that contain this law. Ultimately, all people who have lived after Christ’s death on the cross until His Second Coming will be judged by this New Law (see John 12:48).
REFERENCES
Thompson, Bert (2003), In Defense of the Bible’s Inspiration (Montgomery, AL: Apologetics Press), [On-line]: [size=-1]URL: http://www.apologeticspress.org/pdfs/e-books_pdf/idobi.pdf.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-12-2014 12:04 AM | Show all posts
wkk5159 posted on 6-12-2014 06:06 PM
Is It Wrong to Eat Pork?
A myriad of different views have been adopted to ascertain the rightness o ...
Under the New Law of Christ, it is no longer wrong to eat animals such as pigs or catfish, since such regulations have been removed. Those who want to be accepted by God no longer have to offer up physical animal sacrifices, since Christ offered Himself on the cross as the ultimate, permanent sacrifice for sins (Hebrews 9:28).

Does Romans 14 Abolish Laws on Unclean Meats?                                                                                                                                                               Many believe Romans 14 says that Christians are free from all former restrictions regarding the meats they may eat.
        They cite as proof verse 14, in which Paul wrote, "I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean."
        This approach, however, fails to consider the context of Paul's letter as well as the specific Greek words he used.
        Many Bible resources agree that Paul wrote the book of 1 Corinthians around A.D. 55 and that he wrote his epistle to the Romans from Corinth in 56 or 57. The food controversy in Corinth (reflected in chapters 8 and 10) was over meat sacrificed to idols.
        Since Paul was writing to the Romans from Corinth, where this had been a significant issue, the subject was fresh on Paul's mind and is the logical, biblically supported basis for his comments in Romans 14.
        Understanding Paul's intent
        Those who assume the subject of Romans 14 is a retraction of God's law regarding clean and unclean animals must force this interpretation into the text because it has no biblical foundation. The chapter itself shows that the discussion concerned meat sacrificed to idols.
        Verse 2 contrasts the person who "eats only vegetables" with the one who believes "he may eat all things"— meat as well as vegetables. Verse 6 discusses eating vs. not eating and is variously interpreted as referring to fasting (not eating or drinking), vegetarianism (consuming only vegetables) or eating or not eating meat sacrificed to idols.
        Verse 21 shows that meat offered to idols was the underlying issue of this chapter: "It is good neither to eat meat nor   drink wine   nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak." The Romans of the day commonly offered both meat and wine to idols, with portions of the offerings later sold in the marketplace.
        The Life Application Bible  comments on verse 2: "The ancient system of sacrifice was at the center of the religious, social, and domestic life of the Roman world. After a sacrifice was presented to a god in a pagan temple, only part of it was burned. The remainder was often sent to the market to be sold. Thus a Christian might easily—even unknowingly—buy such meat in the marketplace or eat it at the home of a friend.
        "Should a Christian question the source of his meat? Some thought there was nothing wrong with eating meat that had been offered to idols because idols were worthless and phony. Others carefully checked the source of their meat or gave up meat altogether, in order to avoid a guilty conscience."
        Paul explains in 1 Corinthians 8 that the main concern for a Christian is to not defile his own conscience or the conscience of other Christians. Jewish Christians especially might have been inclined to feel contaminated by anything related to idolatry. But because an idol cannot, by itself, render anything pure or defiled, a person's conscience, not the idol, is the real issue.
        So what is the point of Paul's instruction about eating or not eating in Romans 14? Depending on their consciences, early believers had several choices. Those wishing to be sure of avoiding meat sacrificed to idols could choose to eat only vegetables or fast—avoid food altogether—when faced with the prospect of consuming foods of suspicious background.
        For those whose consciences were not troubled by eating meat purchased in local markets just because it might have been ceremonially offered to idols, that option was open to them with one important restriction.  They were (especially at group meals where offenses were more likely to occur) to consider first the conscience of others who were present, to be careful to give no offense.
        Within this context, said Paul, "let each be fully convinced in his own mind" (verse 5) because "whatever is not from faith is sin" (verse 23).
        Greek words clarify Paul's meaning
        An understanding of the Greek words Paul used can also help us understand Paul's meaning.
        The New Testament writers referred to two concepts of unclean, using different Greek words to convey the two meanings. Unclean  could refer to animals God did not intend to be consumed as food (listed in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14). Unclean  could also refer to ceremonial  uncleanness.
        In Romans 14 Paul uses the word koinos,  which means "common" (W.E. Vine, Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words,  1985, "Unclean," p. 649). In addition to the meanings of "common" and "ordinary" (see Acts:2:44; 4:32; Titus:1:4; Hebrews:10:29), the word also applied to things considered polluted or defiled. This word, along with its verb form koinoo,  is used in Mark:7:2, 15-23, where it obviously refers to ceremonial uncleanness.
        Koinos  and koinoo  appear throughout the New Testament to refer to this kind of ceremonial uncleanness. Something could be "common"—ceremonially unclean—even though it was otherwise considered a scripturally clean meat.
        An entirely different word, akathartos,  is used in the New Testament for those animals Scripture specifies as unclean. Both words, koinos  and akathartos,  are used in Acts 10, where Peter distinguished between the two concepts of uncleanness by using both words in verse 14.
        When Paul said in Romans:14:14 that "I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean [ koinos,  or 'common'] of itself," he was making the same point he had made earlier to the Corinthians: Just because meat that was otherwise lawful to eat may have been associated with idol worship does not mean it is no longer fit for human consumption. As seen from the context, Paul wasn't discussing biblical dietary restrictions at all.
        Paul goes on to state in Romans:14:20 that "all food is clean" (NIV). The word translated "clean" is katharos,  meaning "free from impure admixture, without blemish, spotless" (Vine, "Clean, Cleanness, Cleanse, Cleansing," p. 103).
        "Clean" meats as such aren't addressed in the New Testament, so there isn't a specific word to describe them. Katharos  is used to describe all kinds of cleanliness and purity, including clean dishes (Matthew:23:26), people (John:13:10) and clothing (Revelation:15:6; 19:8, 14), "pure" religion (James:1:27), gold and glass (Revelation:21:18).
        Realize also that, in both verses 14 and 20 of Romans 14, the word food  or meat  doesn't appear in the original Greek, but was inserted by later translators. No specific object is mentioned relative to cleanness or uncleanness. The sense of these verses is merely that "nothing [is] unclean [ koinos:  common or ceremonially defiled] of itself," and "all is clean [ katharos:  free from impure admixture, without blemish, spotless]."
        Paul's point is that association of food with idolatrous activity had no bearing on whether the food was inherently suitable or unsuitable for eating. Understood in its context, Romans 14 does not  convey permission to ignore the biblical laws as to which meats are clean or unclean. (To learn more, request our free booklet What Does the Bible Teach About Clean and Unclean Meats? )

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 12:30 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.393107 second(s), 43 queries .