Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2286|Reply: 1

Young, Spirited And Unhealthy

[Copy link]
Post time 4-12-2013 10:40 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Sumber: Malaysian Digest
You won't live young for long if you keep this up/Google ImagesADMIT IT: how many times have you ordered McDonalds this week?
Living a healthy lifestyle isn’t as simple anymore, especially nowadays with the many choices of fast food delivery services available, all within a phone call away.
Young people today have changed so much from fashion, social interactions and of course, eating habits.
Today's teenagers are known as the 'technology' generation.
We are in the era of smartphones, the internet, online music, movies, television and video games, which all play a huge influence in the lives of teenagers.
With so many distractions from the virtual world, teens hardly go out anymore. When can they find time to take care of their health?
It is no surprise that today the percentage of teens suffering from obesity is increasing at an alarming rate.
Bad eating habits, irregular timing of meals and lack of exercise are main factors that cause obesity.
Lately, this realisation of the need to be healthy has prompted teens to adopt an 'I want to be healthy, I want to look good' motto which has prompted a new culture of exercising by going to the park, or more popularly, gyms, thus reducing their dependence and obsession on their digital devices.
"There is a pressure to look good and that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. If you are smart and really want to achieve that, then you have to work for it. That's why I exercise and eat right," said Brian, an avid gym goer and sports fanatic.
Why is it that grownups seem to think that teenagers don’t care about their health?
“I have to say that that is a big misconception. Who says they don't? About 60 percent of our customers are teenagers. Boys come here to build rippling muscles while girls are more concerned of getting toned," said the manager of a local fitness centre, who prefer to remain anonymous.
“When I was 14 or 15 I thought I could eat whatever I want but as I get older my priorities have changed. I wanted a better body, so I changed my lifestyle,” commented Jose, who cited Channing Tatum as the ‘guy with the perfect abs’.
Teens have a lot going on while their brains and bodies are undergoing massive shifts.
Contrary to parents' belief that their teenage kids don't eat enough greens, they actually get the message about eating fruits and veggies and exercising, just like they get the messages not to do drugs or drive without a seat belt or to use a condom to avoid pregnancy or STDs.
However, that doesn’t mean they actually act intelligently based on what they know – especially when their friends are around.
Groupthink overrides the common sense switch in the brain.
Hormones override executive function. Social validation trumps IQ.
They are more engaging than you think. They like to learn about themselves, test their knowledge, and assess their personality, track their mood, and share with their friends whatever they’ve learned that surprises or inspires them.
They are inherently competitive and like to show off. Teens deal with highly personal issues and behaviours that are emotionally triggering. They may not want to talk about "health" in a classroom or with grownups.

[size=12.727272033691406px]Nowadays youths care for their body's appearance.Work hard and it'll show/blog.naver.com
Most adolescents do not have a definite personality. They will usually copy someone else's habits, be influenced by those false ads about what's beauty.
These problems affect boys and girls between the age of 13 to 19, but it is a bigger pressure for girls as they are more tied to the female beauty regime.
Or sometimes girls are just trying to impress their boyfriends.
“I know there is this massive concern for girls and their weight and stuff, but some of us eat right and exercise, so we’ll look a certain way, maybe skinnier, maybe more toned. I agree that anorexia and bulimia is an issue but it isn’t right to label someone ‘unhealthy’ just because she looks like this or like that”......................................................................................................

Baca artikel penuh: http://www.malaysiandigest.com/frontpage/282-main-tile/480749-young-spirited-and-unhealthy.html Last edited by adik^manis on 6-12-2013 11:05 AM

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-12-2013 07:57 PM | Show all posts
I often go to McD and not to forget kfc. these two yang selalu sangat pergi. Haih..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 08:15 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.103019 second(s), 27 queries .