CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2946|Reply: 1

Transcode MKV to ProRes MOV via MKV to ProRes Converter

Close [Copy link]
Post time 14-4-2014 10:59 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
The easy workaround to import 1080P/720P HD MKV files into FCP X is   to transcode MKV to Apple ProRes MOV for Final Cut Pro X smoothly    editing on Mac.
  We usually saw Final Cut users encounter importing issues when    attempting to edit 1080p/720p HD MKV files with Final Cut Pro X. Let's   see some frequently asked questions on this.
Q1: Can final cut pro x (FCPX) edit MKV movie files?   
"I have a 1080p MKV file I want to get into Final Cut Pro X. I know    MKV won't work in FCP X and that it needs to be converted to something   friendlier like ProRes. Right now I'm converting the MKV using Perian  in   Quicktime but it's taking an extremely long time: it's been 15  hours   and it's only halfway through. I was wondering if there was  something   like that available for MKV files so I don't have to  re-encode. Any   suggestions?"
Q2: how I can use mkv video in final cut pro x
  I've some videos in .mkv extension and i'd like to edit some scene in final cut x studio.   Is it possible? How to?
Wanna to  import MKV files to Final Cut Pro X for editing but FCP X doesn't let you do it? Final Cut Pro is famous    for its powerful editing features. Unfortunately, MKV is not supported   by FCP X. To get MKV files and Final Cut Pro X to work beautifully, the   easy workaround is to transcode MKV to Apple ProRes, which ensures    maximum editing quality and efficiency when working with Final Cut Pro   X. Along with some help from professional MKV to ProRes Converter, it   can be done. To help those who wanna edit HD MKV (H.264) files and SD   MKV files in Final Cut Pro X, here I share with you a simple guide on   how to convert MKV to Apple ProRes MOV format for FCP X.      
First of all, download the app - Apple ProRes Converter  

Overall, the program is a professional yet all-in-one video   conversion tool. With it, you can easily rewrap all MKV files to ProRes   422,  ProRes 422 HQ or 4444 for using in Final Cut Pro X/7/6. It also    provides simple video editing functions for you. Besides, the Mac video   converter can convert HD videos from HD camcorders or DVs (like JVC,   Panasonic, Sony and Cannon) for editing in Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Pro   X, Final Cut Express, iMovie, Avid MC, Adobe Premiere Pro etc. Just   download it and follow the tutorial below to get the work done.
Guide: Transcoding MKV to Apple ProRes for Final Cut Pro XStep 1: Launch the Mac ProRes Conversion  program; click "Add"   button from main menu to browse your computer  hard drive and select the   MKV files you want to convert. Or you can  easily drag-and-drop files   into this application for converting. You  can also load video files   formatted in .avi, .wmv, .flv, .vob, etc.

Tip: You can check the "Merge into one" box to merge several MKV video files together for easier editing.
Step 2: Click the format bar, and move mouse cursor to "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as output format.

Step 3: Click "Convert" button to start encoding MKV files to Apple ProRes MOV for Final Cut Pro X under Mac OS Mountain Lion.
Some more helpful features of the MKV to FCP Converter for Mac
  1. Settings- click to set video    resolution(1920*1080/1440*1080/1280*720/720*480), bitrate(from 1Mbps to   20Mbps), frame rate (24p/30p)
2. Editor (next to "Add" icon)- click to set deinterlace, denoise, mute, volume up, trim, crop, etc.
Once the MKV to ProRes 422 conversion is done, you can transfer MKV    files into Final Cut Pro X for editing smoothly on Mac with ease.
Additional Tips
1. If you meet any importing & editing problems with kinds of    popular video edit programs like FCP, FCE, iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro,   Avid Media Composer, etc, you can link to Video Editors Tips and Tricks colum to get the solution.
  2. If you are a Panasonic, Canon or Sony user, you can get the Full HD video camera tips to fast solve the MOV, AVCHD .mts/m2ts, MXF importing and editing issues.  
Guides:
Spy your wife cheating on Android Smartphone without her knowing
Parental Control Apps for Android-Which One is Best for Teens
How to spy catch a cheating husband
Track/monitor/snoop my kid's Android Smartphone
Tags:
Convert AVCHD to Apple ProRes, Convert MTS to Apple ProRes, spy on Samsung Galaxy S5, Convert Sony MXF to ProRes, Transcode AVI to ProRes on Mac, Convert MXF to ProRes on Mac, HTC One M8 Spy Software, Convert H.264 MP4 to Apple ProRes, DVD to ProRes Converter, monitor and spy on a G Pro 2, TOD to ProRes Converter, spy on Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone, MKV to ProRes Converter

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 31-8-2015 07:31 PM | Show all posts
Final Cut Pro is the name given to a series of non-linear video editing software programs - first developed by Macromedia Inc. and later Apple Inc. The most recent version, Final Cut Pro X 10.2, runs on Intel-based Mac OS computers powered by OS X version 10.9 or later. The software allows users to log and transfer video onto a hard drive (internal or external), where it can be edited, processed, and output to a wide variety of formats.

Whether you want to make a movie from start to finish, edit video, or just find out how to add titles to your opener, our Final Cut Pro tutorials can help you master this popular nonlinear editing tool. Learn to use Final Cut Pro to create a video, tell effective stories, correct color—even how to layer video. However, some unsupported video files can't be imported to FCP 6/7/ X directly. Here is a list of solutions:

For example, you can convert AVI, MKV, MP4, MXF, MOV, 4K, etc to FCP for editing use iFastime Video Converter Ultimate:

How to change AVI to FCP X/7 for editing on Mac?

Can't Import MP4 videos to Final Cut Pro 6/7 on Mac?

Can't Import MOV to FCP on Mac OS X (El Capitan)?

Get 4K MXF/MP4/MOV video to work with FCP

How to import MKV to FCP X on Mac?

How to import Samsung NX500 4K H.265 to FCP X for editing

If you are a Mac user, you can turn to  iFastime Video Converter Ultimate for Mac.

Have more questions about how to import MKV/MP4/AVI/MOV/MXF to FCP X for editing, please feel free to contact us>>

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 12:07 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.348517 second(s), 31 queries .