Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2444|Reply: 1

[Pelbagai] Celebrating Criminalisation

[Copy link]
Post time 17-5-2014 11:39 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello all,

Baru2 ni aku berjaya menjejakkan kaki ke San Francisco dan sepertimana pelancong2 lain, haruslah pegi ke Alcatraz, salah satu penjara terkemuka.

Alcatraz was once a high-security prison housing hardcore criminals who had no record of society assimilation and also repeat offenders for heavy crimes. AFter touring the island for 2.5 hours, I learnt about the history AFTER the prison has been emptied. The occupiers were American Indians who initially owned the land and throughout the Indians occupation they were trying to get the US government to sign a 'treaty'. Yes, they got a treaty out of the government, but my point here is about the prison itself.

The prison has been empty and abandoned for a number of years before it was cleaned up and re-opened for tourism purposes. Amongst the story existed here were the accounts many rapists, murderer and  committers of other crimes.

Question is....
1. Adakah sejarah yang pernah wujud di Alcatraz wajar dilupuskan dan diambil iktibar?
2. Alcatraz sebagai penjana ekonomi pelancongan - terasa seperti satu perlakuan yang bermoral rendah dan etika yang salah. Apa pendapat anda?

I felt uneasy after visiting such a place, not because of the hauntings of the criminals but rather by the fact that the government was taking advantage of such circumstances.

BUkan sahaja Alcatraz, kalau anda pernah ke Australia, pastinya terdengar tentang Ned Kelly. Seakan2 Robin Hood tetapi kurang famous.

Apa kata anda?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-5-2014 05:23 AM | Show all posts
Mungkin jika ianya utk diambil iktibar amatlah bagus. Mcm penjara Pudu. Saya pernah sampai Pulau Jejak, itupun cukup menggerunkan jika diinat.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

6-5-2024 06:50 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.350220 second(s), 29 queries .