Deep Blue
Laman Utama
Gosip Socmed

[Seni] Kalau jumpa harta karun, kita boleh jadi pemilik ke?

[Copy link]

Author: Nusantara77       Show all posts   Read mode

Post time 2-12-2014 05:45 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Bawah ni contoh kalau terjumpa di UK dan jajahannya. Tapi kalau di Malaysia ada tak undang2 yang nyatakan siapa yang jadi pemiliknya?

Reporting a find


You make a fabulous find on a dive - a priceless gold ingot or a modern day porthole. Who gets to say what you can keep? The answer lies with the Coroner of the Seas, otherwise known as the Receiver of Wreck. Wreck is defined as the many different artefacts found in the sea or washed up on shore. However, if you find any item of 'wreck' in British waters, you must report it by law.

A historic wreck is defined in the Merchant Shipping Act as over 100 years old. The Receiver of Wreck ensures that people who find a wreck artefact receive an appropriate reward. The Crown or the owner of the property pays this salvage payment, or the finder may receive the property instead of payment. The Receiver of Wreck will investigate the ownership of any wreck and will advertise to give the owner a chance to come forward to claim their property. If the find is historic, they will get archaeological advice about its identity, age and importance.

If the owner is not found after one year from the date of the report, the material becomes unclaimed wreck. The Crown has the right to all unclaimed wreck, which are found within United Kingdom waters, but not that which is found outside these limits. In this case the material is returned to the finder. The Receiver of Wreck is responsible for the disposal of unclaimed wreck.

A historic wreck is defined in the Merchant Shipping Act as over 100 years old. Any item which is found from a wreck and considered to be of historic importance, is often offered to a suitable museum. The finder's wishes are taken into consideration when deciding on the choice of museum. The museum is asked to buy the material at the current valuation price. This money goes towards the salvage payment.
Any diver who finds a wreck site, which they think might be historic, need to make sure they don't damage it in anyway or remove any artefacts.

They also need to report their discovery as soon as possible to:
                        England - the Department for Culture, Media and Sport
                        Northern Ireland - the Department of the Environment (NI)
                        Scotland - Historic Scotland
                        Wales - CADW

Last edited by Nusantara77 on 2-12-2014 08:19 PM


Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register | Facebook Login

Points Rules

Get it FREE Google play
Copyright © 1996-2019 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd All Rights Reserved(483575-W)
Private Cloud provided by IPSERVERONE
0.074336s Gzip On
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list