Author: 89MM89

Singapore playing Newater card.

Close [Copy link]
Post time 17-3-2004 12:03 PM | Show all posts
:clap::clap::clap:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-3-2004 04:21 PM | Show all posts
Looks like I have shut Debmey up in this thread. Looks like he has no wish to argue anymore cause he know that Singapore is wrong in this issue and should not talk any further.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-3-2004 04:37 PM | Show all posts
Hi, I'm still around.

Singapore never rejected raising teh price of the water, however, it is the manner which the price is to be raised that is a point of contention.
Msia was shifting and turning on agreements and delayed negotiations.
Mahathir agreed to a package deal but chicked out at the last moment.
If Msia does indeed have the right to increase price, why did Msia not allow teh issue to be settled in international court of Justice?

So what is fair? Whatever that is stated in the contract. One cannot sign a contract willingly and then unilaterally change rules and cry foul later on. If yu allow that, where do you draw the line?

Use magic Report

Post time 17-3-2004 04:58 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 17-3-2004 16:37:
Hi, I'm still around.

Singapore never rejected raising teh price of the water, however, it is the manner which the price is to be raised that is a point of contention.
Msia was shifting and tu ...

You never read my post is it???? 45 sen per 1000 gallon is not enough, with 45 sen, I can buy so little thing. You are buying 1000 gallon with not $0.45 but RM0.45. So what is the thing. Last time during the 60's, 3 sen you can buy something, now 3 sen you can buy what, even a gula-gula(candy) also cost more than that. In time, we can buy what with 45 sen, and mind you, the price fixed now is going to go a long way to the future.

We are more than happy to go to ICJ, it will be easier for us because under our agreement, we have the rights to review the price of water, and what nonsense your government said that we had LOST our RIGHTS to review the price of water when we did not do it then in the 80's???? We are not shifting. Your government is so kiasu, a typical Singaporean that you are afraid to pay for a little more. We buy back processed water for at a higher rate, way much higher. In fact, your government is earning a lot from this, as in Singapore, you have to pay a lot for your water. The difference after processing, the company keeps, no wonder you Singapore very rich lah, do this kind of business. Dr. M wanted to bring the matter to ICJ liao but after Pak LAh take over, the YAB decided to give it another try to solve this thing peacefully. If go to court, a lot of unnecessary $$$ would be waisted just for the proceedings.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-3-2004 05:22 PM | Show all posts
It is not the amount, we can pay 10 times more, its no problem, but its the process, Msia has indeed been flip floping and are insincere in setlling the issue.

Msia under Mahathir expressly refused togo to the ICJ to settle this issue because they know they have no case under law.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-3-2004 11:19 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 17-3-2004 17:22:
It is not the amount, we can pay 10 times more, its no problem, but its the process, Msia has indeed been flip floping and are insincere in setlling the issue.

Msia under Mahathir expressly refu ...

I think you have been deceived by your government. We demanded about RM 6.25 if not mistaken. When your government accept somewhere near that value, the deal would have been sealed but it is your governmant who is not willing to pay dear friend!!! Please read first.

[ Last edited by ariyamusafir on 17-3-2004 at 11:22 PM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 17-3-2004 11:25 PM | Show all posts
From above:

[quote]

Malaysia

Singapore Government officials are very smart people. Did they expect the price of 1.4 Singapore cents per 1,000 gallons to last forever? Would they have paid so much money without making sure that Singapore was receiving good value for money? Instead of buying 468.7 billion gallons of water from Johor at three sen per 1,000 gallons from 1997 to 2002, if Singapore has used NEWater as a substitute, the island republic's water bill would have swelled by an additional RM2,376.4 million or S$1,080.2 million.

What this means is that from 1997 to 2002, by supplying water at three sen per 1,000 gallons, Malaysia subsidised Singapore by a total of RM2,376.4 million

Use magic Report

Post time 17-3-2004 11:30 PM | Show all posts
Singapore: "(Malaysia) insisted that they had the right to review the price of current water, while we pointed out that they had lost their right of review..." (Statement by Professor S. Jayakumar, Singapore's Minister for Foreign Affairs, in the Singapore Parliament on Jan 25, 2003.) "The Public Utilities Board, as the successor-in-title to the City Council of the state of Singapore in relation to the above Agreements, does not accept that the Government of the State of Johor is entitled to seek the reviews referred to in your letters." (PUB letter dated Oct 9, 2002, in reply to the Johor Government's letter dated Aug 14,2002.)

Malaysia: Singapore has repeatedly claimed that Malaysia has lost the right to review the price of water because Malaysia failed to do so in 1986 and 1987 respectively, exactly 25 years after the date of the two Water Agreements of 1961 and 1962.

In fact, Clause 17 of the 1961 Agreement and Clause 14 of the 1962 Agreement state clearly: "The provisions of paragraphs (i) and (ii) of the foregoing clause of these presents shall be subject to review after the expiry of 25 years from the date of these presents ..." Twenty-five years after 1961 and 1962 respectively means any time after 1986 and 1987. This does not mean the review must take place immediately on these two dates. Any time after 1986 and 1987, both sides are legally permitted to review the price

[ Last edited by ariyamusafir on 17-3-2004 at 11:35 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-3-2004 11:33 PM | Show all posts
So, who is the one who flip flooping, who has no case??? Look at the two clause aggrement

Use magic Report

Post time 17-3-2004 11:39 PM | Show all posts
Now see who says that Malaysia has lost its rights for a review??????? Who is the one who is delaying?????? Who is the one not willing to pay for the right price???? Who is the one who did not read the articles which I have posted which clearly shows that it is Singapore which is delaying the process with its claims that we have lost our rights for a price review. Yet Debmey says that it is us who flip flopping it. You don't read Debmey. If we go to ICJ, we will win and you will lose. Dr. M wanted to go to ICJ already but then, we still give a win-win situation a chance! The rest lies in your hands

Use magic Report

Post time 18-3-2004 12:10 AM | Show all posts
No sir, Singapore was teh one pushing for ICJ but Msia obviously chickened out.
If yu think yu are right and yu have a case, try the ICJ, don't run away.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-3-2004 01:34 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 18-3-2004 00:10:

chicken out???? Well friend, as you can see, it is your Jayakumar which talks not based on the agreement. We go all by the agreement. Well, in time, you will see that we will win. It is not that we chicken out. We are being kind to you as neighbours and want little trouble but if that is your attitude as a fellow neighbour, than, let us hope you stop buying raw water from us.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-3-2004 01:47 AM | Show all posts
We go by the written contractual agreements, thats why we adre to go to the ICJ. If yu think yu are right, try the ICJ then. You want a fair price right? ICJ is very fair. singapore will abide by whatever the ICJ decides.

cheers

[ Last edited by Debmey on 18-3-2004 at 01:48 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 18-3-2004 01:54 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 18-3-2004 01:47:
We go by the written contractual agreements, thats why we adre to go to the ICJ. If yu think yu are right, try the ICJ then. You want a fair price right? ICJ is very fair. singapore will abide by w ...

Too bad, I am, not the government. My government wants to give another peaceful try and I can't do anything about it but praise them for having so much patience with you guys.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-3-2004 01:57 AM | Show all posts
I think your govt is just scared it will lose in a fair trial. That all. Your govt is hiding a lot of things from you my fren.

The truth is, whether its water, air space of Pedra Blanca, Causeway Bridge, the trouble maker is dear ex-leader Mahathir. Its silly yu are conned by him and got draggged into it. Hahahahahahahahahahaha...............

cheers

Use magic Report

Post time 18-3-2004 02:18 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 18-3-2004 01:57:
I think your govt is just scared it will lose in a fair trial. That all. Your govt is hiding a lot of things from you my fren.

The truth is, whether its water, air space of Pedra Blanca, Causewa ...

DAMN YOU!!! It is you who is deceived by your government, Watch your filthy mouth idiot. Never insult Dr. M like that in front of me. We already so kind to let your fighter jets fly over our air space that time and yet you are no appreciative. Air space is ours, Water too. If you do not like it, DO NOT DRINK OUR WATERS. You had gone to far with your poisonous mouth

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-3-2004 08:48 AM | Show all posts
I am only telling yu the truth abt Mahathir. He did create a lot of mess for Abdullah because of his own ego.

If yu do not like your own contracts, try the ICJ.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-3-2004 10:57 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 18-3-2004 12:10 AM:

:lol See ur Goh Chok there... Soon I hope! :bgrin:

[ Last edited by DARSITA on 30-4-2004 at 07:54 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 18-3-2004 11:05 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 18-3-2004 01:57 AM:

The truth is, whether its water, air space of Pedra Blanca, Causewa ...

: what? wakakaka! :lol

Use magic Report

Post time 18-3-2004 11:15 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ariyamusafir at 18-3-2004 02:18 AM:

DAMN YOU!!! It is you who is deceived by your government, Watch your filthy mouth idiot. Never insult Dr. M like that in front of me. We already so kind to let your fighter jets fly ove ...

dunnot lose ur coolman! chills! :lol

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 06:54 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.366845 second(s), 42 queries .