Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: 89MM89

Singapore playing Newater card.

Close [Copy link]
Post time 19-3-2004 11:05 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 19-3-2004 20:40:

You must be dreaming my fren. It never happened.Korea and Thai recoevred because of the reforms, and they recovered w/o currency restrictions, that why they grew even more than Msia today.
Msia  ...

You are really stupid. NATO is acting under the mandate from the UN. In another words, it is acting under UN instructions. Also, you still do not get it and want to insist on your proven nonsense fact that CLOB stabalise it. Bring proof to your claim, otherwise shut up. Those people buy stocks through the KLSE are monitored by the KLSE. Whereas, those bad guys buying through CLOB, KLSE can't monitor them as they are not required to register them. Also, if not true, then how come after Mahathir SHUT it down, Malaysian stocks goes up?????

You are the one who is not up to date and not aware of the current issues. They stop attacking Regional currencies and stocks due to their fear for others to take up similar actions. Even George Soros, the one Mahathir dislike and accused by Dr. M as responsible for the crisis also say that Malaysia was right in implementing the controls. He acknowledge it, others acknowledge it and even IMF acknowledge it that it worked. At the start, people criticise it and say bound to fail or doom but when implemented after a while, we won praises from many who is even against us. You do not read enough, girl!!!!!

Also, we are enjoying high employment rate and low or no retrenchment rate, what about Singapore, having high retrenchment rate and high unemployment.

I suggest you start reading Dr. M's books, or at least, start reading and get your sources not just from one but many other source.

From your that statement, I can see that you know almost nothing. You only know certain things and you manipulate your way through, as though you know everything but this time, one who is well aware of this particular issue is stoping you from your stuborness

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-3-2004 12:33 AM | Show all posts
NATO did not act under teh mandate of the UN in Kosovo. You must be halucinating again.

Pls don't overate urselves, its nothing to boast about. Singapore dollar did not devaluated, never had any currncy controls and even grew in 97, all thorugh great management.

The retrenchments in Singapore are hitting Msians hard in particular, no big deal.'
' and yu do have a lot of retrenchments in Misa, just look at Penanag and Johor.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-3-2004 01:28 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 20-3-2004 00:33:
NATO did not act under teh mandate of the UN in Kosovo. You must be halucinating again.

Pls don't overate urselves, its nothing to boast about. Singapore dollar did not devaluated, never had any ...

Oh.. you are wrong in many great deal. I am a Johorean and I know. Don't talk about those who had jobs but is sooo choosy type. WE have plenty of jobs. It was UN who pass the peace keeping mission during the Bosnian war to NATO and when the Kosovo thing happened, NATO was there to do something about it! Deh, do you know about this or not. Can you prove that I am wrong?????

Use magic Report

Post time 20-3-2004 08:05 AM | Show all posts
Absolute rubbish. Ever heard of Kfor?
Please don't shoot ur mouth off from teh top of your mind cos ist biased. Do research on a topic and look at it objectively b4 yu post.

I think its very clear that yu are a product of a biased Msian press & media.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-3-2004 10:56 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 20-3-2004 08:05:
Absolute rubbish. Ever heard of Kfor?
Please don't shoot ur mouth off from teh top of your mind cos ist biased. Do research on a topic and look at it objectively b4 yu post.

I think its very c ...

You are the one who is uttering rubbish. KFOR I have heard of it. In fact, Malaysia being a non member of the NATO is serving as peace keepers under the instructions of NATO, under KFOR. Before the KFOR there is another, if remembered correctly, SFOR which is for the Bosnian war, before the Kosovo ethnic cleansing by the Serbs happened. This I all know as Malaysia is very serious regarding the BOsnian issue. The truth is NATO is indeed acting under the mandate of the UN. It is you who must do some research before talking as I already have my facts to argue with you. Please, you check properly first.

This proves that you are making slanderous remarks, for you know little yet you are talking as though you are an expert. Don't worry, I will be finding some links to prove my statement when I am free.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-3-2004 10:59 AM | Show all posts
Go to this site:

http://www.osce.org/kosovo/mandate/

[quote]

MANDATE

The Mission forms a distinct component of the United Nations Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK) and is responsible for:

Democratization and Governance, including the development of a civil society, non璯overnmental organizations and political parties.

Election Organization and Supervision, including voter registration, political party services, training and education and elections operations.

Media Affairs, including independent media support; regulations, laws and standards; media monitoring, and Radio-TV Kosovo.  

Human Rights Monitoring, as well as protecting and promoting human rights, including the establishment of an Ombudsman institution, in co-operation, inter alia, with the United Nations High Commissioner on Human Rights.  

Rule of Law, including helping re-establish a judicial system based on democratic principles and human rights, and developing a culture of respect for a rule of law.

Police Education and Development, including the training of a new Kosovo police service at the Kosovo Police Service School.

Other tasks which may be requested by the Secretary

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 20-3-2004 11:02 AM | Show all posts
Also, go to these more important sites:

http://www.osce.org/docs/english/pc/1999/decisions/pced305.pdf

http://www.osce.org/kosovo/docum ... ctsheet_english.pdf

[ Last edited by ariyamusafir on 20-3-2004 at 11:04 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-3-2004 11:09 AM | Show all posts
Also look at this news article from the UN's website:

http://www.unmikonline.org/news.htm#1303

[quote]
In Kosovo, senior UN peacekeeping official urges reconciliation

13 March 2004

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-3-2004 12:04 PM | Show all posts
I suggest you stop this at once for you had lost. If you want to post come more, please proceed to the Threat to Peace thread as we are going off topic here. let us stay with the topic here for now! Others, go to the relelvant thread.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-3-2004 12:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ariyamusafir at 2004-3-18 02:18 AM:

DAMN YOU!!! It is you who is deceived by your government, Watch your filthy mouth idiot. Never insult Dr. M like that in front of me. We already so kind to let your fighter jets fly over our air space that time and yet you are no appreciative. Air space is ours, Water too. If you do not like it, DO NOT DRINK OUR WATERS. You had gone to far with your poisonous mouth

me not surprise bro deb***sfe has poisonous mouth afterall hes consumin the clinically clean shi*tty newater right?

btw is there such a thing msia-spore water deal gonna last till doomsday n not 2061?  tq  

peace

[ Last edited by sonny~~ on 20-3-2004 at 12:10 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-3-2004 12:29 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sonny~~ at 20-3-2004 12:09:

me not surprise bro deb***sfe has poisonous mouth afterall hes consumin the clinically clean shi*tty newater right?

btw is there such a thing msia-spore water deal gonna last till do ...

We can make new agreements, but that will last a finite of time. After that, it all depends on the new dealings made between the government at that time.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-3-2004 01:01 AM | Show all posts
Let this agreement run out first,don't chicken out of what yu agreed previosuly.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-3-2004 02:48 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 21-3-2004 01:01:
Let this agreement run out first,don't chicken out of what yu agreed previosuly.

The truth is Dr. M promised you Singaporeans that we will never let Singapore go dry so long as you still want water from us, what we only want is a fair price. It is you Singaporeans that have done many things to make the negotiations fail.

ALso, admit it, you failed to prove your claim and you also claim that I was wrong that UN did not give mandate in the Kosovo crisis. YOu are wrong and I have proven it. I have proven you wrong many times again so, I suggest that you post your evidence before you say that I am bulls****ting or lying or whatsoever. I proved that my sources are reliable.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-3-2004 09:05 AM | Show all posts
Keep your dirty hands off the water contract, don't change it and yu better honour it, or else....

Use magic Report

Post time 23-3-2004 12:40 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 23-3-2004 09:05:
Keep your dirty hands off the water contract, don't change it and yu better honour it, or else....

your dirty hands off or mine. Mind you, we have the right to review the price of water 25 years once and not doing it within 25 years doesn't mean that we have lost our rights of doing so. Your Chock Tong say what??? We Malaysians had the chance of doing that in the 80's and we did not do it so we have lost our rights. What is that??? Who is trying to manipulate the content of the aggreement????

Dr. M is so knid to promise you continuos water supply yet you are not apprciative. Even our treated water which we bought back from Singapore that time also we consumers buy it at a much lower rate per cubic metre compared to in Singapore which you consumers buy it at a much higher price. So, isn't your government try to untung through this????????

You hjave round out of facts and ideas, that you are wrong and you are trying to twist your way through, well, you won't succeed under my watch. The truth will always win.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-3-2004 01:54 PM | Show all posts
Under which provision does it allow Msia to revise price  after the time revision period is over. Up till today Msia cannot produce evidence and also refuse to go ICJ on this issue. There is no case for Msia at all.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-3-2004 06:02 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 23-3-2004 13:54:
Under which provision does it allow Msia to revise price  after the time revision period is over. Up till today Msia cannot produce evidence and also refuse to go ICJ on this issue. There is no cas ...

there you go again, I have posted the article by my ministry of information. the clause aggreement said that we have the right to review the price of water after 25 years as that time, the price of things would have changed drastically. Just example, last time with 4 sen you can eat a plate of me. Now, you want to eat a plate of me will cost you at least about RM2.50. Same here. The aggrement did not say that we have no right to review the price after the 25 year period. In other words, it means that every 25 years, we can review the price of water. If not review we still can review it much later. However, once reviewed, we can only review it the next one is after 25 years from that current review. Get it??? Lee Kwan Yew knows about it, that is why he aggreed to it and offer a price of 45 sen per 1000 gallon. Come on lah deh, 45 sen where enough??????? Malaysian sen you know!!!! you peop[le buy water at that very cheap price but selling it to the consumers at an even higher price compared to we Johoreans at that time, buying back treated water at a much expansive rate but selling water to Johor consumers at a much lower price. So, SAJ the company that manages Johor's water can still make a prifit out of it. So, one conclusion, Singapore Government is trying to get big $$$ from the water sold to Singapore consumers. Get at an extremely cheap price and sell it at an expansive price.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2004 12:06 AM | Show all posts
So where is the provision to review after this time period is over? Where?

Its not a matter of price, its a matter of principle. Msia has been twisting and turning at every moment. First yu want to discuss as package, then yu change ur mind. Next, yu keep changing minds over pricing.

How can we ever trusts yu ppl?

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2004 01:51 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 24-3-2004 00:06:
So where is the provision to review after this time period is over? Where?

Its not a matter of price, its a matter of principle. Msia has been twisting and turning at every moment. First yu wan ...

We did not twist, in fact it is you who is twisting. YOu are twisting in this forum and your government is twisting in his dealings!!! DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT READ THE POSTINGS THAT IS TAKEN FO\ROM MY MINISTERY OF INFORMATION????????????? YES OR NO DEBMEY, I ASKED YES OR NO!!!! KEEP QUIET AND ANSWER THIS FIRST, NO ANSWER, MEANS YOU DARE NOT AS YOU KNOW YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2004 01:55 AM | Show all posts
Read this. Here is your proof.

[quote]

4. After agreeing more than once, Malaysia has repeatedly reneged and shifted the goal posts.

(a) from 45 Malaysian sen to 60 Malaysian sen per 1,000 gallons.

Singapore: "Six months later, however, in February 2001, Malaysia backtracked on the 45 sen agreement. Dr Mahathir said Johor believed that 60 sen was fair.

Singapore later offered a compromise: 45 sen for water now, and 60 sen for water after 2011.

In March 2002, Malaysia sent Singapore a shocker. It wanted 60 sen for water now and it wanted the price backdated to 1986 and 1987.

Not only that, it also wanted RM3 for water from 2007 to 2011. From 2011 onwards, the price would be adjusted yearly for inflation." (Singapore Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts, 2003 Water Talks? If Only It Could page 8.)

Malaysia: Malaysia has never accepted Singapore's offer of 45 sen per 1,000 gallons. So the question of backtracking does not arise. In his letter dated Feb 21, 2001, Dr Mahathir said Johor believed that 60 sen was a fair price. Nowhere in the letter does Dr Mahathir suggest the 60 sen price should be applicable after 2011.

Dr Mahathir wrote: "Johor is agreeable to revisions in the price of raw water that it now supplies to Singapore and the treated water that it buys from Singapore. The price of raw water that it sells to other Malaysian States should not be a basis for determining the price of raw water. There are elements of subsidies to this supply.

"Johor believes that a fair price would be 60 sen (per 1,000 gallons per day of raw water). The price should be reviewed every five years." It is clear from Dr Mahathir's letter that the proposed price of 60 sen was for now, for the immediate time frame

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 07:43 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.067343 second(s), 42 queries .