ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1912|Reply: 1

How a New York Firefighter Found Islam

[Copy link]
Post time 14-3-2015 07:49 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by obelisk at 14-3-2015 07:51 PM

How a New York Firefighter Found Islam

Brother Kevin James.

Kevin James is a supervising fire marshal in Brooklyn, New York, who converted to Islam as a young man.

"I felt a kinship to Muhammad (peace be upon him) personally, and there are probably about a billion Muslims who would say the same thing: personal, this personal kinship that they feel with him."

Muhammad (peace be upon him) grew up an orphan.

"I'm not an orphan, I have two parents. But, my position in society, I've always felt separate. America is a racial nation, and either you are black, white, Italian, Jewish, or you are this and that. So, coming from a mixed background I've felt like kind of in limbo.

My father is Native American, an African-American, and my mother is Jewish. They were very unreligious, I would say, to the point of being atheist or agnostic.

As children, I recall we got a dreidel on Hanukkah. We had a menorah in the house, and we also had a Christmas tree and we exchanged presents. So, I just never really identified with any religion. But what was always emphasized were discussion and dialogue and seeking for the truth.

So, I went through a period of trial and error searching, and I stumbled, I guess, I almost literally stumbled on Islam."

What nobler calling is there than to save a person's life?
What appealed to me was the universality of the message.

Any religion that gives a code of righteous ethical conduct and respect and gratitude and obedience to one being, is ISLAM. So, here's a book, the Holy Quran, that validates other religions, the diversity of mankind, and puts the onus of salvation on the believer.

The Quran teaches you that the saving of one life is as if you saved all of humanity (5:32). And, that's one of the reasons why I became a firefighter. What nobler calling is there than to save a person's life, to save people, and to save their property?

From being a firefighter, I became a fire marshal, that's an arson investigator. That's another form of prevention, of saving lives. A fire fighter, he'll risk his life to save you whether you're black, brown, red, Jew, Muslim, Christian, or atheist. He's not asking you what your philosophy is or looking at your color. He's looking to get you out of the building. That's why many people say that fire fighting is a calling, because of that self-sacrifice, the willingness to just put others before yourself.

To be a good Muslim, you serve people, and specifically, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) he asked the question to people around him:

Do you love your Creator?
Then serve your fellow man first.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-3-2015 08:45 AM | Show all posts
"I felt a kinship to Muhammad (peace be upon him) personally, and there are probably about a billion Muslims who would say the same thing: personal, this personal kinship that they feel with him."

My father is Native American, an African-American, and my mother is Jewish. They were very unreligious, I would say, to the point of being atheist or agnostic.

This is one confused little man. He doesn't even know that Native American means Red Indians and African American means black people from Africa. How is it possible for his father to be a Red Indian AND a black man at the same time? STUPID ... like many ba$tards in America, this joker must be born without a single idea who or what his family supposed to belong to.

FYI - Religious or not have NOTHING to do with what race you belong to. If his parents were atheists, then they made the choice to be atheists and he was raised in a family without any Spiritual background, regardless what he claim they came from.

Do you love your Creator?
Then serve your fellow man first.

Serve fellow man? Where in Islam says that? Islam is about serving ONE man named Muhammad - by mimicking EVERYTHING he does - from the time you wake up in the morning to the time you sleep at night. You do not serve any God or your fellow men. You serve Muhammad. He is your god.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic
Dividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
AbahmungDividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
Views : 1718 Replies : 0
Wanita Asing Puji Malaysia Negara Selamat, Tak Takut Jalan Sendirian Jam 5 Pagi di jalan lengang berhampiran pasar Pudu.Netizen berbelah bagi
YgBenarWanita Asing Puji Malaysia Negara Selama
Views : 9256 Replies : 43
Restoran Kantan Datin Isma
AngelFreakyAFRestoran Kantan Datin Isma
Views : 23536 Replies : 145
Kedah Ada Work-Life Balance, Gaji Berbaloi’ – Pekerja Belia.Anda nak pindah Kedah?
YgBenarKedah Ada Work-Life Balance, Gaji Berbal
Views : 8809 Replies : 1
[JTBC/Netflix 2024] FRANKLY SPEAKING/NO SECRET ~ Go Kyoung Pyo, Kang Han Na, Joo Jong Hyuk  ~ Release Date 1 May
Rahah[JTBC/Netflix 2024] FRANKLY SPEAKING/NO
Views : 7436 Replies : 14
Carta Official Muzik Muzik 39 (2024)
fadz84Carta Official Muzik Muzik 39 (2024)
Views : 16425 Replies : 102
[Disney+ 2024] BLOOD FREE/DOMINANT SPECIES - Ju Ji Hoon, Han Hyo Joo, Lee Hee Joon, Lee Mu Saeng
Rahah[Disney+ 2024] BLOOD FREE/DOMINANT SPECI
Views : 5430 Replies : 65
Koleksi Foto : Bunga v2
tariKoleksi Foto : Bunga v2
Views : 105370 Replies : 1544
NAZIR RAZAK KAWEN BARU UOLS..
malaysiaku123NAZIR RAZAK KAWEN BARU UOLS..
Views : 69249 Replies : 388
[tvN/Netflix 2024] QUEEN OF TEARS - Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Ji Won, Park Sung Hoon
Rahah[tvN/Netflix 2024] QUEEN OF TEARS - Kim
Views : 21348 Replies : 425

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

4-5-2024 05:21 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.052226 second(s), 27 queries .