CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: dauswq

[SBS] Saimdang: The Herstory - Lee Young Ae (Jewel In The Place)

[Copy link]
Post time 7-10-2016 12:21 PM | Show all posts
November 30, 2015
Lee Young-ae hopes to portray life of woman, mother in new drama

GANGNEUNG, South Korea, Nov. 30 (Yonhap) -- Actress Lee Young-ae said Monday she wants to portray the life of a woman and mother in her new role as a renowned Joseon Dynasty artist who was also the mother of a famous Korean Confucian scholar.
Lee plays Shin Saimdang (1504-1551), a historical figure known for her art, calligraphy and writing as well as her son, Lee Yulgok, in the period drama "Saimdang, the Herstory."
"Simply speaking, 'Saimdang' is the story of a woman," Lee said during a press conference for the new drama, held at a hotel in the eastern coastal city of Gangneung. "The concerns of a mother, wife and woman are the same now or 500 years ago. I wanted to depict the life of a woman in a double role, under Saimdang's name. I'm sure women everywhere around the world, not just here, will be able to identify with her."
The drama goes back and forth through time and Lee plays both Shin and a college art history instructor in the modern era.
It marks Lee's return as an actress 10 years after she halted her career to get married and have children. She is best known for her leading role in the smash-hit epic series "Daejanggeum," which aired in 2004. She last appeared in director Park Chan-wook's 2005 film "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance."
"Since getting married and becoming a mother and a wife, I've been thinking more about what is a good life," said the 44-year-old actress. "Since choosing Saimdang, I've been trying to identify with her concerns and through it, display my talents, raise my children well and guide my family."
Lee's lover in the drama is Lee Gyeom, a Joseon Dynasty artist skilled in painting, calligraphy, music and dance. The fictional character is played by Song Seung-heon.
He said he accepted the role most of all because he would be able to star opposite Lee.
"The fact that I'm here and able to work together with (Lee) in her first piece in 10 years is in itself an honor and joy," he said during the press conference. "On my first shooting day with (Lee), I was reminded of my debut. I was that nervous and as (Lee) stood in front of me and looked into my eyes, I choked up and couldn't say my lines. My heart raced and I remember being so nervous."
The drama is scheduled to air simultaneously in South Korea and China in the second half of next year. It is being filmed in Gangneung, where Shin was born and raised.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-10-2016 12:23 PM | Show all posts
Press conference and open set day for Saimdang, the Herstory

We’re still quite a ways off from the seeing SBS’s historical drama Saimdang, the Herstory on the air, but the drama did hold a press conference and open press day at the shooting location on November 30. Since the series doesn’t even have a spot on the schedule yet, I presume the press blitz was to remind us that the show’s still busily in the works; it’s probably a smart move, since it has such a lengthy production schedule that it’s easy to forget about it while other dramas come and go much more swiftly.
Not that anyone would forget Saimdang entirely, if only for being Lee Young-ae’s long-awaited television comeback, and her first in a decade since headlining the epically successful Dae Jang Geum (Jewel in the Palace). She’s turned down numerous projects and focused on her family, getting married and having children in the interim, so everyone’s curious to see what about this drama would lure her out of her extended hiatus.

Saimdang, the Herstory, which is produced by Group Eight, reimagines the life of the famed Joseon-era writer and artist Shin Saimdang, though it will have a modern-day element with Lee Young-ae also playing a present-day university art history lecturer. The contemporary character happens upon Saimdang’s diary and delves into the secret behind a mysterious painting of a woman; it sounds a lot like a Possession-esque (the A.S. Byatt novel) format, intertwining the lives of researchers and their long-deceased subjects as both stories unfold concurrently.
At the press conference, which was held at the Seamarq Hotel in the eastern city of Gangneung, Lee Young-ae expressed her feelings at coming back to dramas after ten years, and described the drama as the story of a woman and mother: “I don’t think women’s concerns from 500 years ago are different from their concerns today. Through acting the two characters, I wanted to tell a story of women.”
About her extended break from dramaland, Lee said, “They say ten years is an epoch, and now that I’ve become a mother, my view of the world has broadened and deepened. I’ve come to understand the perspective of a mother raising children. My reason for choosing Saimdang, aside from it being interesting, is that I wanted to delve into the education of children and examine the concerns of women’s lives through the drama.”
Song Seung-heon plays the “Joseon Gatsby” who falls in love with Saimdang after a fateful encounter, and remains devoted to her for the rest of his life. He called it an honor to be acting opposite Lee Young-ae in her comeback, and also his main reason for taking the role. He said, “I’d never thought I would get to work with Lee Young-ae sunbae-nim, and every day feels amazing and like a dream. I remember being so nervous going to my first day of filming that it made me mess up my lines.”
Song Seung-heon has done a sageuk before, but Dr. Jin was more of a fusion project, given that it featured a time-traveling character. (Also, that drama was terrible, and the less of we speak of it the better.) Song played a 21st-century character in that one, soSaimdang will be his first time taking on a conventional sageuk role, and he called it unfamiliar and a challenge for himself.
No doubt the widespread success of Dae Jang Geum is on everyone’s minds, but I do hope the production isn’t pinning its hopes on similar expectations, if only because the landscape has changed so much since that drama aired. Song Seung-heon did say, “As a drama that can move people through our common emotions, we have hopes that it will be embraced by Hallyu fans, but we aren’t making the drama consciously with thoughts of ‘Hallyu.'”
Saimdang began filming in August and will be 100 percent pre-produced. It plans to air in the second half of 2016, though an official airdate has yet to be announced.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2017 08:08 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2017 08:11 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 11-1-2017 03:40 AM | Show all posts
yeayy da nak start da cite ni. mcm best je

Use magic Report

Post time 11-1-2017 08:08 AM | Show all posts
heroin cantik w/pun umur dh byk...sure citer ni meletop...pelakon yg lain pun hebat2 belaka

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 11-1-2017 10:16 AM | Show all posts
ayushuhada04 replied at 7-10-2016 12:21 PM
November 30, 2015Lee Young-ae hopes to portray life of woman, mother in new drama

GANGNEUNG, Sout ...

cantik btl ahjumma ni...x mamah usia

Use magic Report

Post time 11-1-2017 10:30 AM | Show all posts
idakamaruddin replied at 11-1-2017 10:16 AM
cantik btl ahjumma ni...x mamah usia

dia mmg lawa....dn tk saba nk tggu dia muncul semula
cite Jewel In The Palace mmg best sgt2....director yg
sama juga mengarah cite Flower In The Prison...dan
mmg ada related dgn cite Jewel...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-1-2017 02:52 PM | Show all posts
Shin Saimdang
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a Korean name; the family name is Shin.

Shin Saimdang (申師任堂, October 29, 1504 – May 17, 1551) was a Korean artist, writer, calligraphist, and poet. She was the mother of the Korean Confucian scholar Yi I. Often held up as a model of Confucian ideals, her respectful nickname was Eojin Eomeoni (어진 어머니; "Wise Mother").[1][2] Her real name was Inseon. Her pennames were Saimdang, Inimdang and Imsajae.

Life[edit]
Shin Saimdang was born and raised in Gangneung at the home of her maternal grandparents. Her father, Shin Myeonggwa (申命和) was a government official but did not actively join politics. Her mother was Lady Yi, the daughter of Yi Saon (李思溫). Shin had four younger sisters. Her maternal grandfather taught his hee as he would have a grandson. Being raised in that atmosphere, Shin Saimdang received an education that was not common for women of that era. Besides literature and poetry, she was adept at calligraphy, embroidery, and painting.

Because she was raised in a household that had no sons, she spent much time at her parents' home. At the age of 19, she married Commander Yi Wonsu (李元秀) and with the consent of her husband she continued to spend time at the home of her parents. She accompanied her husband to his official posts in Seoul and in rural towns and birth to Yi I in Gangneung. However, Shin Saimdang died suddenly after moving to the Pyongan region at the age of 48.[2]

Saimdang was able to cultivate her talents despite the rigid Confucian society thanks to an unconventional household and an understanding husband. Having no brothers, she received an education that would have been bequeathed only to a son, and this background greatly influenced the way she educated her children.

Works[edit]
Shin Saimdang's artwork is known for its delicate beauty; insects, flowers, butterflies, orchids, grapes, fish, and landscapes were some of her favorite themes. Approximately 40 paintings of ink and stonepaint colors remain, although it is believed that many others exist.[2]

Unfortunately not much of her calligraphy remains, but her style was greatly praised in her time, with high-ranking officials and connoisseurs writing records of her work. The scholar Eo Sukgwon of Myeongjong mentioned in his book Paegwan Japgi (hangul:패관잡기, hanja:稗官雜記, "The Storyteller's Miscellany") that Saimdang's paintings of grapes and landscapes compared to those of the notable artist Ahn Gyeon. In 1868, upon admiring the work of Saimdang, the governor of Gangneung remarked that "Saimdang's calligraphy is thoughtfully written, with nobility and elegance, serenity and purity, filled with the lady's virtue".[2]

Poetry[edit]
Looking Back at my Parents' Home while Going Over Daegwallyeong Pass(hangul:유대관령망친정, hanja:踰大關嶺望親庭) - Poem written while leaving her parents' house, grief-stricken from leaving her mother alone
Thinking of Parents (hangul:사친,hanja:思親) - A poem about filial devotion to her mother
Paintings[edit]
Landscape (hangul:자리도, hanja:紫鯉圖)
Mountains and rivers (hangul:산수도, hanja:山水圖)
Grass and insect painting(hangul:초충도, hanja:草蟲圖)
Geese among reeds (hangul:노안도, hanja:蘆雁圖)

In modern culture[edit]
Shin Saimdang is the first woman to appear on a South Korean banknote, the 50,000 won note, first issued in June 2009. Feminist critics, however, have criticized this selection as reinforcing sexist stereotypes about women's roles.[3]

Use magic Report

Post time 13-1-2017 09:30 PM | Show all posts
ayie77 replied at 11-1-2017 08:08 AM
heroin cantik w/pun umur dh byk...sure citer ni meletop...pelakon yg lain pun hebat2 belaka

patutnya partner ngan junki

Use magic Report

Post time 13-1-2017 09:30 PM | Show all posts
ayie77 replied at 11-1-2017 08:08 AM

patutnya partner ngan junki

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-1-2017 12:54 PM | Show all posts
Jemput memeriahkan rumah ni
esok nak start dah..

@nohas  @ayushuhada04  @WeAiNe

http://www.kmania.org/2017/diari ... ealiti-dan-fantasi/

Diari potret Saimdang, antara realiti dan fantasi                                        January 25, 2017 dauswq                        Leave a comment                        Edit               

Saimdang yang akan ditayangkan secara rasmi bermula malam ini di Korea memulakan langkah padu dengan naratif yang jelas, prop yang cantik mempesonakan dan ‘twist’ kewujudan dwi-manusia Seo Ji Hyun-Saimdang yang agak menarik untuk diketengahkan.   Seo Ji Hyun (Lee Young Ae) ialah seorang pensyarah yang menghadapi kesukaran mendapatkan jawatan professor di universiti tempat beliau mengajar. Hasil membodek dan melayan kerenah Professor Lee Won Soo yang menyelianya sebelum ini,  dia akhirnya ditawarkan jawatan professor dengan syarat dia kena tulis tesis berkenaan potret yang dikatakan diperolehi secara “tulen” melalui eskavasi oleh Professor Lee Won Soo.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-1-2017 12:54 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2017 01:00 PM | Show all posts
dauswq replied at 25-1-2017 12:54 PM
esok nak start dah..

kak ayu mmg nantikan drama ni daus..
dan mlm esok kat tv ch394 akan tayangkan 2 ep terus...
sbb following week..akan tayang sama ikut korea...

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2017 01:01 PM | Show all posts
dah nak start..
tq for the info..
kena tgk online, tak subscribe OhK...

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2017 01:03 PM | Show all posts
dauswq replied at 25-1-2017 12:54 PM
esok nak start dah..

tq...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-1-2017 01:45 PM | Show all posts
nohas replied at 25-1-2017 01:01 PM
dah nak start..
tq for the info..
kena tgk online, tak subscribe OhK...

nohas...dh rindu ler dgn saeguk...tp ni ada 2 le yer
saeguk dan moden...

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2017 01:49 PM | Show all posts
MEDIA PIC from the Press Conference.

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2017 01:50 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2017 01:52 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 08:35 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.429590 second(s), 43 queries .