ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 5807|Reply: 27

[Dunia] James Horner komposer OST Titanic maut kapal terbang t'hempas

[Copy link]
Post time 24-6-2015 11:40 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by supernaturalee at 24-6-2015 11:40 AM

James Horner, Film Composer for 'Titanic' and 'Braveheart,' Dies in Plane Crash                                                                                            James Horner
                         AP Images

The two-time Oscar winner, 61, worked on three James Cameron films, two 'Star Trek' movies and classics like 'A Beautiful Mind,' 'Field of Dreams' and 'Apollo 13.'                   James Horner, the consummate film composer known for his heart-tugging scores for Field of Dreams, Braveheart and Titanic, for which he won two Academy Awards, died Monday in a plane crash near Santa Barbara. He was 61.

His death was confirmed by Sylvia Patrycja, who is identified on Horner's film music page as his assistant.
"We have lost an amazing person with a huge heart and unbelievable talent," Patrycja wrote on Facebook on Monday. "He died doing what he loved. Thank you for all your support and love and see you down the road."

Horner was piloting the small aircraft when it crashed into a remote area about 60 miles north of Santa Barbara, officials said. An earlier report noted that the plane, which was registered to the composer, had gone down, but the pilot had not been identified.

Horner's agency, Gorfaine/Schwartz, said in a statement released Tuesday: "It is with the deepest regret and sorrow that we mourn the tragic passing of our dear colleague, long-time client and great friend, composer James Horner. ... Our thoughts and prayers are with James' family at this difficult time, and also with the millions of people around the world who loved his music. A shining light has been extinguished, which can never be replaced."

"It has been an honor and a privilege to have worked with James since the inception of our agency," the statement continued. "For more than three decades, his unique creative genius made an indelible imprint on each of our lives and on those of the entire Hollywood community. There is not a person in our GSA family who wasn’t touched by the power and reach of his music, and who isn’t diminished by his loss."

Read More                           James Cameron’s Tribute to Composer James Horner: "The Orchestra Loved Him"                           
For his work on the 1997 best picture winner Titanic, directed by James Cameron, Horner captured the Oscar for original dramatic score, and he nabbed another Academy Award for original song (shared with lyricist Will Jennings) for “My Heart Will Go On,” performed by Celine Dion.
“My job — and it’s something I discuss with Jim all the time — is to make sure at every turn of the film it’s something the audience can feel with their heart,” Horner said in a 2009 interview with the Los Angeles Times. “When we lose a character, when somebody wins, when somebody loses, when someone disappears — at all times I’m keeping track, constantly, of what the heart is supposed to be feeling. That is my primary role.”

His score for Titanic sold a whopping 27 million copies worldwide.
His fruitful partnership with Cameron also netted him Oscar noms for original score for the blockbusters Aliens (1986) and Avatar (2009). The pair reportedly were also at work on Avatar sequels.
Read More                           Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2015  

The Los Angeles native earned 10 Oscar noms in all, also being recognized for his work on two other best picture winners: Braveheart (1995) and A Beautiful Mind (2001). He also received noms for An American Tail (1986), Field of Dreams (1989), Apollo 13 (1995) and House of Sand and Fog (2003).

Always busy, Horner has three films coming out soon: Southpaw, the boxing drama that stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Rachel McAdams and is due in theaters in July; Jean-Jacques Annaud’s Wolf Totem, out in September; and The 33, a drama based on the 2010 mining disaster in Chile that’s set for November.

His lengthy film résumé includes The Lady in Red (1979), Wolfen (1981), Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982) and Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1983), Red Heat (1988), Glory (1989), The Rocketeer (1991), Patriot Games (1992), Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993), Jumanji (1995), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000), Troy (2004) and The Amazing Spider-Man (2012).
His father was two-time Oscar-winning art director/set designer Harry Horner (The Heiress, The Hustler).

Read More                           James Horner's Most Memorable Scores: From 'Titanic' to 'Avatar'     

Horner spoke about the state of his career in a December interview with David Hocquet.
“I’m much choosier,” he said. “I don’t want to be doing these movies that now 85 or 90 composers want, as opposed to six. And now all these movies, action movies. I don’t get offered all the movies obviously, but I see a lot of them and I do get asked to do a lot of them, and I just know they’re not asking me to do something that I can do something original, they’re asking me to do a formula and I’m too rebellious.”

A great tragedy has struck my family today, and I will not be around for a while. I would like some privacy and time to...
                        Posted by Sylvia Patrycja on Monday, June 22, 2015

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 24-6-2015 11:47 AM | Show all posts

James Horner's 'My Heart Will Go On' Nearly Ran Aground: Behind the Bouyant Titanic Hit That Almost Never Was

My Heart Will Go On: James Horner and Celine Dion Secretly Recorded Titanic Song

By Alexis L. Loinaz @alexisloinaz

06/23/2015 AT 06:50 PM EDT

Seventeen years after it was first released, "My Heart Will Go On" remains one of the biggest theme songs in movie history. But the romantic ballad from Titanic nearly slammed into an iceberg of its own en route to the top of the pop charts.

Oscar-winning composer James Horner, who died Monday in a plane crash in California at the age of 61, famously composed the song in secret, after director James Cameron initially balked at the idea of including a pop tune in his maritime blockbuster.

"[James] did not want it to be a Hollywood movie that had violins soaring away around it and a song pasted in at the end," Horner told Empire magazine earlier this year.

"But when you see the last scene of the movie, my job is to keep the audience in their seats and not let them off the hook," he added. "It's my personal belief I should never let anyone put their coats on. They have to be as in it as they can be. As I started writing this eight-minute sequence, I was saying, 'How am I going to do this? Just another orchestra reprise?' It had to be very intimate, very emotional."

In what has since become a heralded snippet of cinema lore, Horner – working with lyricist Will Jennings – decided to take the film's most memorable musical strain and commit words to it. The song ultimately came together in a vivid burst of creativity in the spring of 1997, just as Horner was wrapping up the orchestral tapestry that would eventually become the film's soundtrack.

Finding a voice for the melody proved to be a no-brainer for Horner. "For me, the only person that could do it was Céline [Dion]," he once told Billboard.

Indeed, the songbird, who was coming off a string of mid-'90s hits, was instantly hooked by the song – so hooked, in fact, that she agreed to secretly record a demo with Horner so they could make a strong case to Cameron to include it in the movie.

The tune was recorded in a single, emotional take that left everyone in tears.

"She started singing the song and it was just electrifying," Horner told Billboard of the recording session, which was held in New York five weeks after they first met. "By the end of it, we were all emotionally shook up. She started crying while singing it two-thirds of the way through the song, and then everybody in the room was crying. She was singing it like her life depended on it."

Their efforts paid off: Horner eventually presented Cameron with their clandestine project – a passionate bid on behalf of a simple, catchy melody that would eventually strike a rousing chord with audiences.

"I proceeded secretly with Céline until the time when Jim felt comfortable enough with his own film," Horner told Empire magazine. "The day finally came when I played it for him. He played it for his family who loved it but he was still not convinced. It took him another month and a half to be convinced. We took it to New York and previewed it and the audience was in tears and tatters at the end. That's when he decided the song would be in the movie, when he realized it was a cinematic tool and it wasn't a gimmick. He had to see it with an audience to believe that."

To say that the tune found its sea legs would be an understatement: "My Heart Will Go On" exploded onto the pop-culture radar, debuting at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart on Feb. 28, 1998, and propelling the Titanic album to a 16-week run at No. 1 – an unprecedented feat for a largely orchestral soundtrack album. The tune eventually won Best Original Song at the 1998 Oscars.

"When I was ready to sing the song, I had tears in my eyes, and I could feel my knees shaking because I was getting very emotional," Dion later told Cosmopolitan. "Singing the theme was a magic moment for me."

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-6-2015 11:52 AM | Show all posts
My Heart Will Go On

Single by Celine Dion
from the album Titanic: Music from the Motion Picture and Let's Talk About Love
Released         December 8, 1997

Recorded        

May 22, 1997
    Wallyworld, The Hit Factory

Length        

4:40 (album version)
    5:11 (soundtrack version)

Label        

Columbia Epic

Writer(s)        

James Horner Will Jennings

Producer(s)        

Walter Afanasieff James Horner Simon Franglen

Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you
That is how I know you go on

Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you go on

Near, far
Wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on

Once more
You open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go till we're gone

Love was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on

Near, far
Wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on

Once more
You open the door
And you're here in my heart

You're here
There's nothing I fear
And I know that my heart will go on

We'll stay
Forever this way
You are safe in my heart

Awards:

Céline Dion was awarded the 1998 Best Original Song Academy Award for this song.
    Céline Dion was awarded the 1998 Best Original Song Golden Globe Award for this song.
    Céline Dion was awarded the 1999 Record Of The Year Grammy Award for this song.
    Céline Dion was awarded the 1999 Song Of The Year Grammy Award for this song.
    Céline Dion was awarded the 1999 Best Female Pop Vocal Performance Grammy Award for this song.
    Céline Dion was awarded the 1999 Best Song Written Specifically For A Motion Picture Or Television Grammy Award for this song.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-6-2015 12:01 PM | Show all posts
james horner ni memang bagus...

Use magic Report

Post time 24-6-2015 12:02 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Innalillah sis.semoga roh dicucuri elohim

Use magic Report

Post time 24-6-2015 12:09 PM | Show all posts
arwah baik orangnya

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 24-6-2015 12:11 PM | Show all posts
Edited by bluemenx at 24-6-2015 12:12 PM

paling best punya movie soundtrack ever

Use magic Report

Post time 24-6-2015 12:13 PM | Show all posts
waaa teringat zaman muda2 dulu.. kejamnya masa berlalu.. sob sob

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 24-6-2015 12:23 PM | Show all posts
Edited by supernaturalee at 24-6-2015 12:26 PM
bluemenx replied at 24-6-2015 12:11 PM
paling best punya movie soundtrack ever

27 juta unit terjual seluruh dunia
and still counting & on & on...

http://ioneglobalgrind.files.wor ... 11/highalbums11.jpg

Use magic Report

Post time 24-6-2015 01:18 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
pokcik ni mesti romantik giler..lyrics best..bila dgr lagu celine dion tu meremang bulu roma..tgk titanic pon berkali2 x jemu kat panggung.untung achik  jual tisu time tu.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-6-2015 01:36 PM | Show all posts
ya ya..no wonder pagi tadi ada lagi ni....

i can say lagu my heart will go on ni..dengar intro je i rasa macam nak cari partner dance...

Use magic Report

Post time 24-6-2015 01:36 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Giler resume dia...semuanya almost box office...mmg kehilangan besar utk industry film holliwood

Use magic Report

Post time 24-6-2015 01:37 PM | Show all posts
aku beli soundtrack die. masa tu kaset lagi tau. RIP James Horner

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-6-2015 01:41 PM | Show all posts
fealefea replied at 24-6-2015 01:37 PM
aku beli soundtrack die. masa tu kaset lagi tau. RIP James Horner

bestkan
siap blh imagine lg scene dgn lagu2 dlm soundtrack tu

btw, my heart will go on versi ost adlh rakaman sekali take oleh celine dion

Use magic Report

Post time 24-6-2015 01:54 PM | Show all posts

muehehehe...

Use magic Report

Post time 24-6-2015 01:59 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Ai plk x blh dgr my heart will go on tuh.. meleleh sangat

Mostly lagu celine dion ai x mampoo dengar.. begitu juga lagu adele.. meleleh-leleh, merayu-rayu, merintih-rintih.. akak rimasss...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-6-2015 01:59 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Takziah.

One of the best movie soundtracks ever produced.

Fuck let it go, let it go.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-6-2015 02:41 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
famri7 replied at 24-6-2015 04:02 AM
Innalillah sis.semoga roh dicucuri elohim

Sila lah berkabung.....ummah junjungan sis meninggal tu

Use magic Report

Post time 24-6-2015 09:11 PM | Show all posts
mat ni memang glamer..kuar news pelbagai Negara bila dia mati; tapi composition rasa nyer semua top top especially in big-budgeted films

Use magic Report

Post time 24-6-2015 09:27 PM | Show all posts
RUST in PEACE

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 08:26 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.069397 second(s), 49 queries .