Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1682|Reply: 0

Import and edit Blackmagic URSA 4K video in FCP X and FCP 7

Close [Copy link]
Post time 8-9-2015 05:05 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Import and edit Blackmagic URSA 4Kvideo in FCP X and FCP 7
Want to import and edit Blackmagic URSA 4K footage in Final Cut Pro 7 or FCP X without problems? In this article, you will find the best solution.
I have been using the Blackmagic USRA EF camera for about 3 months now. Overall this camera is good for the money. Internally, URSA can record in the two formats. The first is 12-bit CinemaDNG RAW, the second is Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), a debayered codec for easier playback and editing in a wide range of video editing applications. But I'm having trouble figuring out how to import Blackmagic URSA 4K to Final Cut Pro with a smooth workflow.
Learn from Apple official site, I got know that FCP X 10.1 can support editing and monitoring 4K video, including 4K ProRes, Sony XAVC and REDCODE RAW. But the point here is, Final Cut FCP X old version and FCP 7 still uses 1080p as primary delivery format and will continue to do so for a long time. So how to import and edit Blackmagic URSA 4K clips in FCP 7/X(in old version) smoothly? Searching further online, I was advised to convert and downscale 4K to 1080p from Blackmagic for Final Cut Pro before editing.
Acrok 4K Video Converter for Mac is highly recommended here. Developed with the most advanced converting technology, it fully supports input and output videos at upto 4K resolution. With it, you can fast transcode 4K camcorder recordings including BlackMagic 4K ProRes files to Final Cut Pro as well as Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, Avid Media Composer, After Effects and more editing programs. And there is no need to worry about the quality loss. Just download it and follow the tutorial below to get the work done.
Import Blackmagic URSA 4K files to Final Cut Pro 6/7/X
Step 1: Load Blackmagic 4K footage
Run the best Blackmagic 4K Converter Mac and click "Add file" or "Add from folder" button, browse to the Blackmagic 4K ProRes footage and load them to the converter for conversion. You can check the "Merge into one" box to join several video files together.

Step 2: Set output video format
Click the "Format" bar and select Final Cut Pro> Apple PreRes 422(*.mov) as output format.

Step 3: Downscale 4K to 1080p
Click the "Settings" button and customize proper video/audio parameters including Video size, bitrate and fame rate and more. Usually 1920*1080 video size and 30fps video frame rate are recommended for FCP editing.
Step 4: Start conversion
When you finish all settings, hit "Convert" button to start transcoding Blackmagic URSA 4K video for Final Cut Pro on Mac. You can follow the conversion process from the pop-up windows.
After the conversion, it would be easy to import Blackmagic URSA 4K Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) files into FCP 7, FCP X for natively editing.
Hot guides for you
Best 4K XAVC to FCP X Converter - Edit Sony 4K XAVC in FCP X via ProRes codec
Can I edit BlackMagic Ursa 4K video in Premeire Pro CC (2015)
Edit Canon EOS C500 4K MXF in FCP X - Convert 4K MXF on Mac
Import edit Sony PXW-Z100 4K XAVC in FCP X via ProRes codec
Sony HDR-CX900 4K XAVC S to Final Cut Pro X Workflow

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 08:51 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.063132 second(s), 30 queries .