CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Yen_Aireena

Tennis Vol 3

Close [Copy link]
Post time 18-4-2016 05:08 PM | Show all posts

Spain's Rafael Nadal celebrates after defeating France's Gael Monfils during the final tennis match at the Monte-Carlo ATP Masters Series Tournament in Monaco on April 17, 2016.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-4-2016 05:09 PM | Show all posts

Rafael Nadal of Spain celebrates victory in his men's singles match against Andy Murray of Great Britain during day four of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals at the O2 Arena on November 18, 2015 in London, England.

Rambutnya mmg laa kureng tapi senyuman dia manis sgt

Use magic Report

Post time 18-4-2016 05:11 PM | Show all posts

Tennis player Rafael Nadal is photographed on July 25, 2014 in Cannes, France.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-4-2016 05:12 PM | Show all posts
yg atas tu utk @kikiharris

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2016 09:54 AM | Show all posts
happy birthday masha..
thanks 2 yuri n yelena 4 blessing
me with this beautiful woman

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2016 10:02 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Happy 29th Bday Masha

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 19-4-2016 10:03 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
All the best for Barcelona, Rafa!! Vamos!

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2016 12:40 PM | Show all posts

Fresh off Monte Carlo title, Nadal arrives in Barcelona looking for ninth trophy

BARCELONA, Spain (AP) Fresh from winning his ninth Monte Carlo Masters title, Rafael Nadal is back in Spain to try and win the Barcelona Open for the ninth time.

The 14-time Grand Slam champion has a bye in the first round and will face either Marcel Granollers or Daniel Munoz de la Nava in his opening match.

The win over Gael Monfils on Sunday in Monte Carlo gave the Spaniard a record-equaling 28th Masters title.

''I'm really happy to have won one of the most important tournaments of the year,'' Nadal said Monday. ''I won't talk about what's missing or what I'm lacking right now. I have to be satisfied with what I've accomplished.''

With the French Open approaching, Nadal is improving on clay. He has won the title at Roland Garros a record nine times, but lost to Novak Djokovic in the quarterfinals last year.

''This part of the season, with Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome and then Roland Garros, is the most emotional part of the year for me,'' said Nadal, who added that he looked forward to improving his game further on his favorite surface in Spain.

''I play at home in Barcelona and next week, too, in Madrid, and it's a fact that I always enjoy playing in front of Spanish crowds, so I'm very excited.''

Nadal is the biggest name at the Barcelona Open, but the draw also includes defending champion Kei Nishikori, David Ferrer and Richard Gasquet.

''It's good to see Rafa playing at a great level again,'' said Nishikori. ''I'll play a match at a time and hope I can stay here for a long time.''

In the first round on Monday, Radek Stepanek of the Czech Republic, Evgeny Donskoy of Russia, Malek Jaziri of Tunisia, Victor Estrella Burgos of the Dominican Republic and Inigo Cervantes of Spain all won.

Also, Teymuraz Gabashvili of Russia turned his match around to beat Nicolas Almagro of Spain 1-6, 7-6 (3), 6-2, while Albert Montanes beat Roberto Carballes Baena in an all-Spanish match.

Other first-round matches saw Russia's 19-year-old Karen Khachanov advance after beating Aljaz Bedene of Britain and Germany's Alexander Zverev going through after defeating countryman Jan-Lennard Struff.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-4-2016 02:10 PM | Show all posts
Does anyone have any clarification on the rule?

Do you have to start the point in 25 secs (first serve and second) or start the service motion (ball bounce etc)?

Thanks

--------------------

It's supposed to be 25 seconds between points (20 seconds for ITF tournaments). However, the point is usually, subjectively determined to have "started" once the server begins their actual service motion (not their pre ball bouncing routine). A chair umpire is not going to call the violation in the middle of a players ball toss.

--------------------

Point to point is pretty clear... The Umpire has discretion, but should only be used on length of the last rally. Not for the sake of score importance. Being down 0-30 on short 4-8 shot rallies is not reason to allow 30-40 seconds.

----------------

Answer according to ATP rule: if the ball "is not struck" before 25 seconds.

The rule says that:

1) 25 Seconds/Continuous Play
a) Start Stop Watch. The chair umpire must start the stopwatch after the ball goes out of play of when the players are ordered to play.

b) Time Violation or Code Violation. "A Time or Code Violation must be assessed if the ball is not struck for the next point within the twenty-five (25) seconds allowed, except if the chair umpire extends the time for special circumstances defined by the ATP. There is no time warning prior to the expiration of the twenty-five (25) seconds." - ATP Rule Book, Section 7.22, M 1b, "Continuous Play/Delay of Game".

IMO, rule 1b is a rather odd/hard rule to enforce ("if the ball is not struck") because technically if a player starts tossing the ball up for serve on the, say, 24.5 seconds, and hit his serve on 25.01 second mark, he should technically still be given Time/Code Violation and loses that serve. But who enforces that??

I think in practice the Chair Umpire uses "start of motion" as the real gauge. As long as the player starts getting ready for the serve motion before 25 seconds, he's off the hook. Again, lots of interpretations and leeway at the hand of the Chair Umpire (i.e. not good, and difficult to enforce).

------------------

key-word: umpire's discretion.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2016 02:49 PM | Show all posts
Mulan replied at 19-4-2016 02:10 PM
Does anyone have any clarification on the rule?

Do you have to start the point in 25 secs (first  ...

amende kamu royakk nie?
spatah haremm xphmm

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2016 04:45 PM | Show all posts
Mulan replied at 18-4-2016 09:12 AM
yg atas tu utk @kikiharris

kenyang terus..tak yah breakfast pagi niwhat a killer view!

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2016 04:49 PM | Show all posts
Nadal sekarang strong favourite to win the next ATP
high expectation la pulak..aku plak yg nervous

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2016 04:51 PM | Show all posts
ashburn replied at 19-4-2016 01:54 AM
happy birthday masha..
thanks 2 yuri n yelena 4 blessing
me with this beautiful woman

Happy birthday to your wife

Use magic Report

Post time 20-4-2016 10:07 AM | Show all posts
kikiharris replied at 19-4-2016 04:51 PM
Happy birthday to your wife

cik kiki steering lockkkk..my darling wife said tq
4 d bday wish...

Use magic Report

Post time 20-4-2016 06:18 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ashburn replied at 19-4-2016 02:49 PM
amende kamu royakk nie?
spatah haremm xphmm

Tu copy n paste soalan n jawapan ttg 25-seconds rule between points.

Biasanya yg dikecam slow/ambik ms yg lama between points ni  slh sorangnya Rafa Nadal laa...

I tepek jwpn yg i rasa berilmiah sketlah psl isu ni...

Use magic Report

Post time 21-4-2016 11:17 AM | Show all posts
Hearing Set for Maria Sharapova

A disciplinary hearing has been scheduled in Maria Sharapova’s doping case, with a ruling possible before Wimbledon. Sharapova was provisionally suspended after announcing on March 8 that she tested positive for meldonium at the Australian Open.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-4-2016 11:33 AM | Show all posts
wayy too long to waittt

Use magic Report

Post time 21-4-2016 01:47 PM | Show all posts

ngapa kejap ada tarikh, kejap takde tarikh (hearing)

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2016 04:02 AM | Show all posts
Job well done Rafa!
Jumpa Fognini coklat celup lepas ni,QF.
adehh fobia aku dgr nama mamat ni
Payback time..Good luck Rafa!

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2016 09:26 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
All the best, Rafa! VAMOS!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 07:32 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.577440 second(s), 43 queries .