Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: KENNKID

PROPHET MUHAMMAD, GOD'S FINAL MESSENGER TO MANKIND

[Copy link]
KENNKID This user has been deleted
 Author| Post time 26-1-2005 04:42 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by greekgod at 2005-1-26 01:39 PM:
hi.. i see that there are many good historian here...

i need help to SOS here...

debmey is playing trick, and putting history on his own interpretation..

therefore, i need someone to 'teac ...

I won't worry about him if I were you GG. Everyone in the whole Cari forum knows Debmey's credibility rating. He himself also knows that whatever he says, be it historically, scientifically etc etc  has no credibility whatsoever. His motto is : "hurt Muslims, make them feel bad, ridicule them, ridicule their religion, ridicule their prophet - therefore paul's christianity becomes right".

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 26-1-2005 at 04:56 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 26-1-2005 05:41 PM | Show all posts
Ahahahahahaha............. if I'm as ineffective as you fellas claim, why are yu fellas so afraid of me. Why bother abt me.
You will be surprise how effective I have been.

cheers & peace

Use magic Report

Post time 26-1-2005 08:29 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 26-1-2005 11:41 AM:
Ahahahahahaha............. if I'm as ineffective as you fellas claim, why are yu fellas so afraid of me. Why bother abt me.
You will be surprise how effective I have been.

cheers & peace

i have never met such a boasted guy like you!

peace too

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-1-2005 01:28 PM | Show all posts

UTBA thought it more prudent that his blood should not be on their hands and commented if other Arabs were to kill him, then the responsibility would rest upon them. However, if his nephew were to become successful, he would govern them and his power would also be their power, and they would benefit.

Utba's companions mocked him harshly and told him that he had been bewitched, but all Utba said was, "I have given you my opinion, do whatever you please."  The Quraysh tribal members  were angered by his advice so they decided to speak to the Prophet (peace be upon him)   themselves so that no blame for their future actions could be attached to them and so they sent for him.

The Prophet (peace be upon him), ever hopeful of guiding his tribe to Allah,  went to them in haste. He soon realized that they had not called for him because their hearts had turned to Allah, rather the opposite was the case.

The Quraysh rebuked him saying that never before had an Arab treated them in such a manner, reviling their gods, their customs and traditions. Once again, an effort to silence him was made as they endorsed the offer made earlier by Utba.

As soon as they finished offering their bribe, the Prophet (peace be upon him) turned to them in his usual gentle manner saying, "I am neither possessed, nor do I seek honor among you, nor  leadership. Allah has sent me as a Messenger to you and has sent down to me a Book with the command that I should give you good tidings but also a reminder. I convey to you the Message of my Lord and counsel you. If you accept what I have brought you, you will receive blessings in this world and in the Everlasting life of the hereafter, but if you reject what I have brought, then, I will wait patiently for Allah to judge between us."

The Quraysh, deeply disappointed by the Prophet's  reply told him to leave. But before he left, they contemptuously told him that if he was really the Messenger of Allah he would have to prove it to them with something that would make their life easier.

Their first demand was that he should ask Allah to remove the mountains that surround Mecca and to level the land so that rivers would flow through it just as they did in Syria and Iraq.

Their demands continued; next they said that Ksay should be raised from the dead along with several of their ancestors, saying that they would ask Ksay if what the Prophet  said was true or false, although they knew very well that he never lied. They continued saying that if he was able to bring about their demands, then, and only then, might they concede to who he said he was.

With respect, the Prophet (peace be upon him) replied that it was not on this account that he had been sent. He told them that he had been sent to convey the Message of Allah  and that they were free to either accept the Message or if they were adamant, reject it, and await the Judgement of Allah.

On hearing his reply, the Quraysh changed their tactics saying that if he would not ask for these things for them, then, why not ask for something for himself. They told him to ask Allah  to send an Angel to him who would confirm the truth of his preaching, and for gardens, and castles with treasures of gold and silver for himself.

But the Prophet (peace be upon him) repeated his reply. The Quraysh continued to deride  the Prophet   asking if his Lord knew that he would be sitting amongst them and that they would ask him these questions. Their mockery continued as they asked why, if Allah  had known these questions were going to be asked, hadn't He instructed him how to answer and tell him what He was going to do with them if they refused the Message he brought.

This picture is just an illustration
and has no connection whatsoever
with the characters or situations in this
article - courtesy Cle'ment Pujol
de Gusastavino

RAHMAN

The word "Rahman" means "Merciful", and  "Ar-Rahman" or "The Merciful" is one of the many attributes of Allah.

The Quraysh had noticed that the word "Rahman" occurred at the beginning of the chapters of the Qur抋n. So in an effort to discredit the Revelation rumors were spread that the Prophet (peace be upon him) had  received tutorship in the art of poetry from a man from Yamamah called Rahman.

When next they met with the Prophet (peace be upon him)   they seized upon the opportunity to chide him still further saying, "We have heard your recitation is taught to you by a man from Yamamah called Rahman -- we will never believe in Rahman! We have made our position clear to you Muhammad, and swear that we will neither leave you in peace nor desist in our treatment of you until we have either destroyed you or you have destroyed us!"

The Prophet (peace be upon him)  was about to leave when Abdullah, Ummaya's son from the tribe of Makhzum disrespectfully shouted, "O Muhammad, your people have offered you several propositions -- you have rejected all!  First they asked for themselves, then they asked you to ask for yourself! They have even asked you to hasten some of the punishment you have spoken about upon them. By Allah, I will never believe you until I see you take a ladder, climb it, and reach the heavens, then bring four angels to bear witness that you are what you claim, and even then I doubt whether I will believe you!"

Upon hearing this last remark the Prophet (peace be upon him)  was deeply saddened because it had been made by Abdullah, the son of his aunt Atikah  who had named her son after her beloved brother, the Prophet's father, a name which means 揝ervant of Allah

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-1-2005 11:52 AM | Show all posts

ABU JAHL AND THE STONE

Abu Jahl continued to deride the Prophet (peace be upon him)   after he had left and took an oath saying,  "Tomorrow, I will lie in wait for him with a heavy stone, and when he prostrates I will split his skull with it. Betray me or defend me -- let the children of Abdu Manaf do what they like after that!".

The next morning, the Prophet     arose before dawn and made his customary way to offer his prayers near the Black Stone at the wall of the Ka'ba. Members of the  Quraysh tribe had already gathered there and Abu Jahl, carrying a very heavy stone staggered as he approached the Prophet (peace be upon him)   who was now humbly absorbed in his prayer, with the intent of fulfilling his oath.

The Ka'ba, as shown on part
of a souvenir scroll once owned
by a 15th Century pilgrim
to Mecca

~ courtesy Desmond Stewart
"Early Islam"  

Before Abu Jahl was able to get close enough to the Prophet    he turned back in deathly fright. His hand had started to wither on the stone whereupon he dropped it and ran as fast as he could.

The Quraysh group rushed towards him and asked what had come over him whereupon he told them he had seen a terrifying camel, with a tremendously large head, enormous shoulders and a fearsome set of teeth that looked as if it was about to devour him if he continued.

Later on,  the Prophet (peace be upon him) told his companions that the camel was none other than Gabriel, and if Abu Jahl had persisted he would indeed have seized him.

THE CONTEMPT OF ABU JAHL

Even though Abu Jahl had witnessed and had been given, first hand, many signs he still persisted in his egotistical obsession. He now bragged before the Quraysh that he would stamp on the back of the Prophet抯   neck the next time he saw him praying.

When the Prophet    arrived at the Ka抌a to pray the members of the Quraysh tribe drew Abu Jahl抯 attention to the opportunity. However, as before when Abu Jahl approached the Prophet (peace be upon him)   with his evil intent, he ran away in fright, trying to protect himself with his hands.

His fellow tribesmen asked what had happened whereupon he admitted, 揂s I came near to him, I looked down and saw a ditch full of fire and I almost fell into it. I saw a terrifying sight and heard enough fluttering of wings that would fill the earth!擺/i]

Later, when Abu Jahl抯 words were reported to him the Prophet (peace be upon him)    told his companions that the fluttering of wings where those of the angels and that if he had come any nearer to him they would have torn him limb from limb. Soon after the following verse was sent down:

Nay, but verily man is rebellious
That he thinketh himself independent!
Lo! unto thy Lord is the return.
Hast thou seen him who dissuadeth
A servant when he prayeth?
Hast thou seen if he relieth on the guidance (of Allah)
Or enjoineth piety?
Seest thou if he denies (Truth) and turns away?

Qur'an 096.006 - 014

~ 29 ~

Nadar, the Son of Al Hartih

The Quraysh admitted the situation was now beyond their ability to remedy and although Nadar, Harith's son, whose grandfather had been the illustrious Ksay, had become notorious for his slander of   the Prophet (peace be upon him)    he reminded the Quraysh that the Prophet    had grown up amongst them as a likable person known for his excellent standing in the society.

Nadar now warned the Quraysh to be careful of their accusations for he was sure that they too knew that he was neither a poet nor a sorcerer. He reminded them that they also knew the ways of a sorcerer and by no means could he be described as such. He continued to advise them saying that they should be careful of what they said as he felt a serious matter had befallen them which called for a change in their tactics, and so the slanderous remarks subsided for the time being.

NADAR扴 ATTEMPT TO COMPETE WITH THE HOLY PROPHET

Nadar was a trader and had traveled the caravan routes not only in Arabia but to distant countries. Whenever he reached his destination it was his habit to seek out the storytellers in the market place and listen to their tales.

On one particular trip he heard a tale about the kings of Persia, which, over the passage of time had been embellished by one storyteller then the next, and so the tale made a great impression upon him.

One day as the Prophet (peace be upon him)   spoke to a group of people he told them stories the like of which they had never heard before, of bygone generations and the consequences that befell them on account of their refusal to listen to their prophet.

Nadar and Utba were among the gathering and no sooner had the Prophet (peace be upon him)   finished his narration, Nadar jumped up and told them that he could tell them better stories than these and then began to tell his captive audience about the kings of Persia, Rustum and Isbandiyar.

After he finished the story he asked, "Who then is better at story telling, Muhammad or I?"  Someone in the gathering suggested that Nadar and Utba visit the rabbis in Yathrib and ask them about the stories the Prophet    had just told them. It was a challenge, and so Nadar and Utba decided to journey to Yathrib to confront the rabbis.

THE THREE QUESTIONS

When they arrived in Yathrib they asked where they might find the rabbis and upon being taken to them said, "You are the people of the Torah, we have come to you to ask how we should deal with one of our tribesmen,"  and proceeded to describe the Prophet and speak of his teachings. The rabbis remained silent until they had finished then one spoke saying:

"You should ask him these three questions, if he answers you correctly then he is a prophet, however, if he is unable to, then he is not, and from this you can form your own opinion."

The rabbis asked their visitors to question the Prophet (peace be upon him)  about the young men who disappeared from their people in ancient days, and then to question him about the great traveler who journeyed to the east and to the west. The final question they were to ask was about the Spirit.

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 28-1-2005 at 03:11 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-1-2005 12:20 PM | Show all posts
THE PROPHET
IS QUESTIONED

Nadar and Utba returned to Mecca and announced to their fellow tribesmen that the rabbis of Yathrib had given them three questions that would determine whether or not Muhammad was indeed the Prophet of Allah.

When they reached the Prophet (peace be upon him)  he listened to the questions in silence and told them that he would give them a reply the next day, for he never spoke on religious matters without receiving its knowledge via the Angel Gabriel.

However, when he told them that he would give them a reply the following day he forgot to say "Insha-Allah" which means - 揂llah willing.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 30-1-2005 04:17 PM | Show all posts
My brother Kennkid. Truly you are the most gifted brother of all in RF. I'm very proud of you. This thread is very beautiful and your arrangement of thoughts are most consistent and ideal. Allah has indeed planted the good "NUR" in you. You see where others see lesser. You write with faith in your heart. You think like a born Moslem when you are a convert. Believe me when I say that not only have you found Allah but Allah has found you too. The presence of Allah is everywhere, especially more so in this forum. And through your thoughts and creativity we are permitted to see the work of the faithful by the grace of Allah. Insya'Allah we will be honored to have more of this in the coming minutes, days, months and years from you. Continue my brother with your works that make us see what needs to be seen.

Fuzzman thanks Allah for giving us all a brother like you. Salam.

ARI FUZZMAN

Use magic Report

Post time 30-1-2005 07:00 PM | Show all posts
Good thing that this thread is safe in the archive. Actually, there're many good threads by Fuzzman, Kennkid etc but somehow the threads are no longer in the archive. I suggest the moderator of this forum only keeps threads that are factual & informative like this one. Maybe we could assist the moderators by sending pm on which threads shd be kept in the archive for future reference.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 31-1-2005 02:41 PM | Show all posts
THE STORY OF ZULQARNAIN

The answer to the second question concerning the great traveler, Zulqarnain.

(The popular belief is that Zulqarnain was Alexander the Great , but recent archaeological discovery  suggests that it could be Cyrus as he was the great king who rescued the Jews from their exile in Babylon. The king with two horns is mentioned by prophet Daniel. He wore the two horns to indicate his control of two countries: Pars and Medea.)

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/def ... ry_14-11-2004_pg3_4

The story about the great traveler was sent down to the Prophet (peace be upon him) in the following verses:

"They will ask you about Zulqarnain . Say: 'I will recite to you something of his story.

Verily We established his power on earth, and We gave him the ways and the means to all ends.

One (such) way he followed,

Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it set in a spring of murky water: Near it he found a People: We said: "O Zul-qarnain! (thou hast authority,) either to punish them, or to treat them with kindness."

He said: "Whoever doth wrong, him shall we punish; then shall he be sent back to his Lord; and He will punish him with a punishment unheard-of (before).

"But whoever believes, and works righteousness,- he shall have a goodly reward, and easy will be his task as We order it by our Command."

Then followed he (another) way,

(He left them) as they were: We completely understood what was before him.

Then followed he (another) way,

Until, when he reached (a tract) between two mountains, he found, beneath them, a people who scarcely understood a word.

They said: "O Zul-qarnain! the Gog and Magog (People) do great mischief on earth: shall we then render thee tribute in order that thou mightest erect a barrier between us and them?

He said: "(The power) in which my Lord has established me is better (than tribute): Help me therefore with strength (and labour): I will erect a strong barrier between you and them:

"Bring me blocks of iron." At length, when he had filled up the space between the two steep mountain-sides, He said, "Blow (with your bellows)" Then, when he had made it (red) as fire, he said: "Bring me, that I may pour over it, molten lead."

Thus were they made powerless to scale it or to dig through it.

He said: "This is a mercy from my Lord: But when the promise of my Lord comes to pass, He will make it into dust; and the promise of my Lord is true."

On that day We shall leave them to surge like waves on one another: the trumpet will be blown, and We shall collect them all together.

And We shall present Hell that day for Unbelievers to see, all spread out,-

(Unbelievers) whose eyes had been under a veil from remembrance of Me, and who had been unable even to hear.

Qur'an 18: 83-101

CONCERNING THE SPIRIT

Concerning the answer relating to the Spirit it was revealed:

They ask thee concerning the Spirit (of inspiration). Say: "The Spirit (cometh) by command of my Lord: of knowledge it is only a little that is communicated to you, (O men!)"

Qur'an 17:85

The Revelation also bore the reminder:

"'Do not say of anything: 'I will do it tomorrow unless (you add) if Allah wills.' And remember your Lord when you forget and say: 慖t may be that my Lord will guide me to something nearer to rectitude than this.'"

Qur'an 18:23-24

The Prophet's life was full of guidance and examples.

There was once an occasion later on in his prophethood where he offered three units (raka'at) of salat (prayer or communication with God) when there should have been four. Had he not made this omission we would never have known how to correct our errors when we do the same. His omission to say "InshaAllah"  was also another exemplary reminder to us through which we are guided.

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 31-1-2005 at 02:50 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-1-2005 04:59 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Fuzzman at 2005-1-30 04:17 PM:
My brother Kennkid. Truly you are the most gifted brother of all in RF. I'm very proud of you. This thread is very beautiful and your arrangement of thoughts are most consistent and ide ...

Salam to you too Fuzz. Salam to sis Baiduri too:

All praise be to Allah. Let us share this poem together:

http://www.muslim-canada.org/poem.htm

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-2-2005 11:02 AM | Show all posts
NADAR AND UTBA RETURN WITH THE ANSWERS TO THE RABBIS

[size=-2] This painting is purely
for illustration & not
related to this article.
"Rabbis", Courtesy
"Judaic logic"

No one in Mecca had ever heard the story of the young men in the cave and the new Revelation attracted more people to Islam. As for the rabbis of Yathrib, they anxiously awaited for the news to arrive, and when it did, they acknowledged the truthfulness of the answers, however, they still wished to question the Prophet (peace be upon him) further upon the matter of the spirit.

Even though the questions Nadar and Utba had challenged the Prophet (peace be upon him) with had been answered and acknowledged to be correct, their hearts remained hardened.

Later, after his migration to Yathrib, the Prophet (peace be upon him) was questioned again by the rabbis concerning the spirit. They asked: "To whom did, 'Little indeed is the knowledge all of you have been given'  refer to  -- was it to us?

Use magic Report

Post time 1-2-2005 04:18 PM | Show all posts
keep up the good work.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-2-2005 05:46 PM | Show all posts
~30~

PERSECUTION

MEANWHILE, the Quraysh chieftains continued in varying degrees in their relentless hostility toward the Muslims. If a convert happened to be among the hierarchy of a tribe, Abu Jahl would reprimand him then ridicule the convert before his fellow tribesmen so that he lost their respect.

Traders also suffered. When Abu Jahl discovered a trader had converted he gave orders that no one should deal with him anymore. As a result, the convert trader was unable to sell his wares and his circumstances were soon reduced to that of an impoverished person.

The free men who suffered most were poor converts, who, in the eyes of Abu Jahl, were the least important on the social scale. When one of them converted he would beat them without mercy and urge others to follow his example. As for convert slaves belonging to the unbelieving Quraysh tribe, they received the worst and harshest punishment, for their standing was by far the weakest.

Punishment such as brutal beatings followed by depravation of food and water were common, but perhaps the most severe punishment was that of being pinned down upon the scorching hot sands of Mecca and leaving the slave to endure the blistering heat of the sun without the relief of even a sip of water. Some of the physically weaker converts were unable to endure their prolonged punishment and forced to recant.

However, their recantations were not from their heart, but just noises made by their tongues. Those who remained undetected would offer their prayers in secret, but there were many who did not have the privilege of privacy and their grief at not being able to offer their prayers was considerable.

BILAL, THE SON OF RABAH

Amongst those who suffered the torture of the burning sands was Bilal, the son of slaves - Hamamma and Rabah.  He had never known what it was like to be a free man as they had been born into slavery.

Bilal was a slave of African descent and owned by the children of Jumah. When news of Bilal's conversion came to the attention of the children of Jumah, Ummaya (Khalaf's son), subjected him to the most severe kinds of punishment. The harshest torture Ummaya devised was to take him out into the desert during the hottest time of the day.....

.... throw him down upon his back so that it lay flat upon the already scorching sand, then place heavy rocks on top of Bilal's chest that prevented him from moving.

With a voice full of hatred he would yell at him, "You will stay here until you either die or renounce Muhammad and worship Al-Lat and Al Uzza!"

Bilal was truly strong in his faith that he never gave into the demands of Ummaya, and as he suffered in the unbearable heat, his weak, parched, strained voice would be heard faintly saying, "One, One!" (Ahad, Ahad )

There is no God but Allah (The One)

http://www.alinaam.org.za/library/hist_bio/bilaal.htm

ABU BAKR FREES BILAL

The holy prophet抯 closest companion, Abu Bakr (father of Lady Aishah) had already bought and freed six believing slaves when one day he came across Bilal whilst he was being tortured yet again.

Shocked, and greatly distressed at seeing him in such an appalling condition, he went straight to Ummaya demanding, "Have you no fear of Allah that you treat this poor man in such a way? -- how long do you intend continuing like this!"

With a sneer, Ummaya replied, "It is you who have corrupted him -- save him from it!"

Without hesitation Abu Bakr made him an offer. Bilal was no longer of any use to Ummaya, so the offer was accepted and Abu Bakr took Bilal home with him where he was cared for, nursed back to health and given his freedom.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-2-2005 02:05 PM | Show all posts

The family of Yasir

YASIR had migrated to Mecca from Yemen, and there he met and married a slave-girl by the name of Sumayya. From their union was born a son whom they named Ammar.

Ammar had been among the early converts to Islam and succeeded to bring his parents into its fold. All three were subjected to the same kind of torture as Bilal, but Yasir and Sumayya were to become martyrs. Sumayya's martyrdom finally came when Abu Jahl brutally thrust his lance into her and killed her.

Khabbab, the slave of Umm Ammar

Khabbab was the slave of Umm Ammar and when he embraced Islam, the Quraysh took to subjecting him to many forms of torture. On one such occasion they lit a fire, then spread its burning coals over the ground and forced him to lie down upon his back.

To add to this, one of his torturers placed his foot firmly upon Khabbab's chest so that he could not move until the coals had burned themselves to ashes, however, Khabbab survived.

In the years that followed Khabbab spoke to Omar about his torture and showed him his dreadfully scarred back which was now white and pitted like that of a leper.

This picture
of the scarred
back of an
African American
slave in the hands
of his white masters
is just for illustration

Lubaina and Zinnira,  Nadia and Umm Umais

Lubaina was the slave of Omar. Before Omar himself embraced Islam  his harsh treatment of his  slaves who embraced Islam was well known.

Omar was extremely strong, and when he discovered that Lubaina had converted he beat her until he was exhausted and then said, "I have not stopped out of pity, but because I am tired!"  Lubaina held on strongly to her belief and said after her severe beating, "If this does not persuade you, Allah shall avenge me!"

Zinnira was yet another slave owned by Omar. One day when Abu Jahl was visiting Omar he took it upon himself to beat her. Zinnira was beaten so harshly that she lost her eyesight.

Nadia and Umm Umais were yet two more slaves who were among those tortured but refused to recant. When it came to freeing believing slaves, Abu Bakr did not think twice to pay the handsome sum demanded by their torturers to secure their release and the ladies just mentioned were among those blessed by his compassionate generosity.

The request of some of the companions

Khabbab, Al Aratt's son, and some of the companions went to visit Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), to complain against their increased persecution and ask him to supplicate for victory over their aggressors.

The Prophet (peace be upon him)  listened with heartfelt sympathy and consoled them by telling them the story of a man, who, centuries before, had been taken captive by his enemy and told to renounce his belief. The man refused to give up his belief and so he was flung into a pit and left there. Later, after his captors thought his spirit would have weakened, he was dragged up out of the pit and told to recant, but still the man refused whereupon his flesh was torn from his bones by rakes, but he would not give up his belief. Finally, a saw was sent for and placed on top of his head and he was martyred as he was sawn in half -- There was absolutely nothing that would tear him away from his faith.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-2-2005 04:22 PM | Show all posts
~ 31~

The Eavesdroppers

ABU JAHL, Al Akhnas son of Sharik and Abu Sufyan were curious to learn why so many people were attracted to the Prophet (peace be upon him)  so they decided to spy upon one of his gatherings.

One night after the believers had gathered in the Prophet's house, they met together and then hid among the shadows so as not to be detected and waited for him to begin.

The Prophet (peace be upon him)  and his followers spent the night in prayers and the latter also listened to the Prophet抯  captivating recitation of the Qur'an.

After its recitation, the Prophet (peace be upon him)  much to the delight of his followers, lovingly expanded upon its meaning and stories from the knowledge he had been given by the archangel Gabriel.

He never spoke on religious matters without having first been given knowledge from Gabriel, who was entrusted by ALLAH  to deliver the Qur'an and its explanation.

The hours slipped by and it was only just before dawn that the three returned home in fear that if they stayed any longer someone might see them and then misinterpret the reason for their presence. As they made their way home they warned each other that they must never do such a thing again.

However, they were to return yet again on the second, and third night then leave as they had done before dawn, but as they parted company on the third night each took a binding oath never, ever, to return again.

One  day Al Akhnas, with stick in hand, went to the home of Abu Sufyan to ask his opinion of the past three nights. Abu Sufyan told him that he had heard things he knew and already knew what was meant by them, and that he had also heard things he had not heard before and had not known their meaning.

Al Akhnas concurred with Abu Sufyan and then went to Abu Jahl's home to ask for his opinion. Al Akhnas found that Abu Jahl's position had not soften in the slightest, in fact he understood that Abu Jahl now saw the Prophet (peace be upon him)  as an even greater threat and had become more opposed to him than ever.

Abu Jahl reminded his visitor that he and his tribesmen had competed with the Prophet (peace be upon him)  and his followers for honor saying, "They have fed the poor, so have we; they have been generous, so have we, we are like two horses running neck-to-neck in a race. But, they say we have a Prophet to whom a Revelation is sent down from heaven -- when will we ever attain anything like that!"

It was now more evident than ever that Abu Jahl feared he would loose his chance to be the chieftain of this very powerful tribe when his uncle died. Although, if he had cast  his pride aside and listened without bias he would have realized his fear was completely unfounded as the Prophet (peace be upon him) was honorable and respectful, and never took away the authority of tribal chieftains or claimed such rank for himself.

Now, in a fit of arrogant rage, Abu Jahl swore never to believe in the message that the Prophet (peace be upon him)  brought, nor would he ever again consider him to be truthful. The unbelievers persisted in their mockery of the Prophet  saying:

"There is a veil over our hearts, we do not understand what you say. There is also a heaviness in our ears so we are unable to hear you, and there is a curtain that divides us from you. You follow your path and we will follow ours. We do not understand any thing you say!"

It was then that ALLAH sent down the verses:

"When thou dost recite the Qur'an, We put, between thee and those who believe not in the Hereafter, a veil invisible:

And We put
coverings over their hearts (and minds) lest they should understand the Qur'an, and deafness into their ears: when thou dost commemorate thy Lord and Him alone in the Qur'an, they turn on their backs, fleeing (from the Truth).

We know best why it is they listen, when they listen to thee; and when they meet in private conference, behold, the wicked say, "Ye follow none other than a man bewitched!"

See what similes they strike for thee: but they have gone astray, and never can they find a way.

They say: "What! when we are reduced to bones and dust, should we really be raised up (to be) a new creation?"

Say: "(Nay!) be ye stones or iron... or created matter which, in your minds, is hardest (to be raised up),- (Yet shall ye be raised up)!" then will they say: "Who will cause us to return?" Say: "He who created you first!" Then will they wag their heads towards thee, and say, "When will that be?" Say, "May be it will be quite soon!

"It will be on a Day when He will call you, and ye will answer (His call) with (words of) His praise, and ye will think that ye tarried but a little while!" "

Qur'an 17:45-52

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 8-2-2005 at 09:41 AM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 07:19 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.080762 second(s), 37 queries .