CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 112578|Reply: 542

PS2 JAPANESE GAME

[Copy link]
Post time 6-4-2004 07:14 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
I just got this game yesterday.... ok guys if you have this game .. do post your impressions ok !!

So far my impressions are:

the characters do not move their mouth ....

very dark and quite scary sometimes because the "terkejut" factor is around  the game ......

[ Last edited by rhoyo on 27-1-2005 at 11:36 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 8-4-2004 07:40 PM | Show all posts

Crimson Sea 2

Info:

This game is from Koei ....

The gameplay is kinda like a Dynasty Warriors stuck on space...

Anyway this game are available at your local game shop ......

2 Players Mode:

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2004 10:58 AM | Show all posts
rhoyo, I don't have this game yet because I'm waiting for English version.

I have seen the demo in the shops (during my window shopping session) and its seems to be like Siren and Fatal Frame-like games.

Mind telling what type of game is this? How's its features? Battle system etc. Is it RPG? Action like Onimusha?

Thank You beforehand.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-4-2004 04:42 PM | Show all posts
Well, Sephiroth.. FYI the gameplay is kinda like Silent Hill where u go around and look for some clues for solving some puzzles ... and also killing some ghost and monsters using Magic ...

I think this game will not be released for the english version .....

Use magic Report

Post time 23-4-2004 02:43 AM | Show all posts
laa..apsal tader english version..japanese ni susah sket nak paham...
neway...mmg nampak best jer game tuh..kalau dah available..baik carik skarang... wuhuu...thanks..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-4-2004 04:12 AM | Show all posts
Game Kuon tu di buat oleh orang jepun .... so macam tak der lah versi english..... game ni buat aku terkejut jugak .... cause banyak betul toyol merayap masa aku lalu jambatan usang tu....

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 23-4-2004 08:40 AM | Show all posts
by rhoyo

Well, Sephiroth.. FYI the gameplay is kinda like Silent Hill where u go around and look for some clues for solving some puzzles ... and also killing some ghost and monsters using Magic ...

I think this game will not be released for the english version .....  

So it's an action game ...

The game probably won't get translated? Sigh ... but I guess my Japanese language skills could be good enough for me to past through if I play this game. Right now, I'm playing Onimusha 3 (Japanese Version) so I think I will finish that first before starting a new one.

Kuon? That's the name of the game? Hmmm ... WHY does it sound familiar? :stp:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-4-2004 04:44 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 23-4-2004 08:40 AM:
by rhoyo

Well, Sephiroth.. FYI the gameplay is kinda like Silent Hill where u go around and look for some clues for solving some puzzles ... and also killing some ghost and monsters using Ma ...

The game takes place in ancient Japan during the Heiankyo period during the late 1100s. We start off with 2 female antagonists for you to choose. The venue of the entire story happens in a huge ancient mansion, which is haunted and invested with creature-like-zombies and spirits.

Onimusha 3 puzzles are quite easy compare to this game.... The puzzles are so freaking hard ... especially the wheel puzzle thing that required you to match one japanese word to another for opening doors ....

Overall the main problem for this game is the camera... but overall the graphics are superb and smooth ...

Ermm.... are you planning to buy this game  ?

[ Last edited by rhoyo on 23-4-2004 at 07:56 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 24-4-2004 03:50 AM | Show all posts

RPG: La Puccelle: Tactics ..

This game is similiar to Disgaea ...

It will be released on May ...

Here are some pictures of La Puccelle:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-4-2004 03:55 AM | Show all posts

Silent Hill 4 ...

Not a sequel but a new game....

For those of you who didn't know or lost .... this game will be released on 9 July 2005 ......

Here are some pictures of the game:

Use magic Report

Post time 24-4-2004 09:57 AM | Show all posts
by rhoyo

The game takes place in ancient Japan during the Heiankyo period during the late 1100s. We start off with 2 female antagonists for you to choose. The venue of the entire story happens in a huge ancient mansion, which is haunted and invested with creature-like-zombies and spirits.  

Hmmm ... Interesting. I have female heroins as characters. So far, none of the female characters in a video game (except for Claire Redfield, Princess Garnet and Yuna in FFX-2) had dissappointed me.

Onimusha 3 puzzles are quite easy compare to this game.... The puzzles are so freaking hard ... especially the wheel puzzle thing that required you to match one japanese word to another for opening doors ....  

This I will remember. Thanks for the warning. Those Japanese words ... is it Kanji? I don't read kanji much.

Overall the main problem for this game is the camera... but overall the graphics are superb and smooth ...  

Ermm.... are you planning to buy this game  ?

You got me interested in it, I going to buy it but won't play it so fast. I got scores of games waiting to be finished and I have to choose a proper time to start a new one.

RPG: La Puccelle: Tactics ..

This game is similiar to Disgaea ...

Tactics games however is my favorite types. I probably buy it since I take it personally to finish most of the Tactical games out there.

So far, I have finished FFT, Hoshigami, Saiyuki and currently playing FFT again because I missed a few things last time.

Oh ... I don't know what is the policy regarding pasting pictures, but you may want to contact the moderator and ask first. Some people are annoyingly quiet till something happens to them in their house (like their wives don't entertain them) and comes onto the board and abuse forumers.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-4-2004 01:08 AM | Show all posts
Hmmm ... Interesting. I have female heroins as characters. So far, none of the female characters in a video game (except for Claire Redfield, Princess Garnet and Yuna in FFX-2) had dissappointed me.

I think Yuna's fancy clothes dissappointed me . It looks strange..

This I will remember. Thanks for the warning. Those Japanese words ... is it Kanji? I don't read kanji much.

Its kanji and the letters are so small ...

You got me interested in it, I going to buy it but won't play it so fast. I got scores of games waiting to be finished and I have to choose a proper time to start a new one.

So far, I have finished FFT, Hoshigami, Saiyuki and currently playing FFT again because I missed a few things last time.

Saiyuki ? Is this the bandai one ? ... By the way i also like playing tactics games and my first game was Disgaea ... I finished it more than 50 hours ... I think La Puccelle will eat my time again just like Disgaea ...

Oh ... I don't know what is the policy regarding pasting pictures, but you may want to contact the moderator and ask first. Some people are annoyingly quiet till something happens to them in their house (like their wives don't entertain them) and comes onto the board and abuse forumers.

Oh ... I really didn't know that doing this can annoy someone on this board.. Thanks for the advice ... I think this gaming board on cari is so quiet and there is no activity going around this games section ... Thats the reason i'm pasting some pictures for giving information for the playstation fans in this forum...

Hmm... I got a question... Do You Post in Gamefaqs.com  ?

Use magic Report

Post time 26-4-2004 08:17 AM | Show all posts
by rhoyo

I think Yuna's fancy clothes dissappointed me . It looks strange..

Strange is an understatement. It more like degrading. I rather like her kimono-like clothings from FFX.

Its kanji and the letters are so small ...

Crap ... need to brush up more on my Japanese. I have no problem reading and understanding Hiragana and Katakana though. Onimusha 3 (Japanese version) making me revise on that, but there's still a lot of Kanji words in it.

Saiyuki ? Is this the bandai one ? ... By the way i also like playing tactics games and my first game was Disgaea ... I finished it more than 50 hours ... I think La Puccelle will eat my time again just like Disgaea ...

50 hours only? Is that game hours or real hours? Mine was 90, I stop for a while to play and finish my pervious games. Just finished Hoshigami the other week after about 97 hours (after playing the game for nearly 6 months).

Saiyuki is from Bandai (same people who brought .Hack games) and it's atmosphere is more like Final Fantasy Tactics. Good game ... you should try it.

Oh ... I really didn't know that doing this can annoy someone on this board.. Thanks for the advice ... I think this gaming board on cari is so quiet and there is no activity going around this games section ... Thats the reason i'm pasting some pictures for giving information for the playstation fans in this forum...

Hmm... I got a question... Do You Post in Gamefaqs.com  ?

Depends on the moderators and their opinion about this matters. If they find it annoying, they will make you know it ... but funny thing is, they never bother to paste such information anywhere for forumers to know in the first place. I guess intelligence is not a factor when choosing a moderator. ;)

Gamefaqs? Funny you should ask ... a friend of mine kept bugging me to post a guide on how to level up fast in Hoshigami because one of the BIGGEST problem you will have in this game is that you cannot level up a character fast. I found a way though.

Why did you ask about whether I post anything on Gamefaq?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-4-2004 07:09 PM | Show all posts
Crap ... need to brush up more on my Japanese. I have no problem reading and understanding Hiragana and Katakana though. Onimusha 3 (Japanese version) making me revise on that, but there's still a lot of Kanji words in it.

Hmm... if you know some chinese words that it will be easier for you to understand this kuon game ...

50 hours only? Is that game hours or real hours? Mine was 90, I stop for a while to play and finish my pervious games. Just finished Hoshigami the other week after about 97 hours (after playing the game for nearly 6 months).

Hoshigami ... man i can't find that game... yup the disgaea game will took you for 100 hours if you want to do the level thingy...

Saiyuki is from Bandai (same people who brought .Hack games) and it's atmosphere is more like Final Fantasy Tactics. Good game ... you should try it.

Oh its a tactic game.... I will check it out ...

Depends on the moderators and their opinion about this matters. If they find it annoying, they will make you know it ... but funny thing is, they never bother to paste such information anywhere for forumers to know in the first place. I guess intelligence is not a factor when choosing a moderator.

I think the mods here are dead .... maybe their are to busy on their daily lives... I think this board need a new mod .

Gamefaqs? Funny you should ask ... a friend of mine kept bugging me to post a guide on how to level up fast in Hoshigami because one of the BIGGEST problem you will have in this game is that you cannot level up a character fast. I found a way though.

Why did you ask about whether I post anything on Gamefaq?

Nothing really there, i just want to know whether you post some in gamefaqs. cause i really want to join gamefaqs but i can't post messages ...

Hmm... what new games are you playing right now ?

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2004 09:25 AM | Show all posts
by rhoyo

Hmm... if you know some chinese words that it will be easier for you to understand this kuon game ...

Yeah ... thanks. I will try it but won't be so fast. Maybe end of next month because this month, I'm quite busy.

Hoshigami ... man i can't find that game... yup the disgaea game will took you for 100 hours if you want to do the level thingy...

Oops ... forgot to tell you, Hoshigami is for PS1, not PS2. As for Disgaea, I like to do the best so 100 hours is no big deal. I have finished Hoshigami in 97 hours and FFX in 160+ hours.

Oh its a tactic game.... I will check it out ...

Don't play tactic games if you are a type who don't have patience and willingness to reset the game if you find the level unsatisfying.

Take Hoshigami for example, once a character dies, there is no way to revive it other than to use a rare coin which is almost impossible to get. There's no Phoenixdown in this game and in order to get the best ending, you MUST keep alive ALL your special characters to use in the last game. And Leveling up won't be as easy as FFT or Disgaea also. So in short, Tactic games are not for everyone, they are for battle strategist ONLY. :cool:

I think the mods here are dead .... maybe their are to busy on their daily lives... I think this board need a new mod .

Not a nice thing to say about Moderators. :lol They usually appear when someone complains to them, or whenever they feel like it. As long as this column stays peaceful, it's fine by me.

Nothing really there, i just want to know whether you post some in gamefaqs. cause i really want to join gamefaqs but i can't post messages ...

Gamefaq forum? Never been there. Usually I go there to grab some text guide and leave. I don't go to much of the forums so I can't really recommend any good ones. You may want to go to www.techtv/X-Play.com ... its average also.

Hmm... what new games are you playing right now ?  

Due to time constrain, I don't play anything "heavy" like RPG. Most it's a quick game of Dynasty Warrior 4 ... I like to use Guan Yu (who happened to be a War Diety in Chinese Panthelon). Thinking of want to play Dark Cloud 2 but no time.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-4-2004 12:39 PM | Show all posts
Yeah ... thanks. I will try it but won't be so fast. Maybe end of next month because this month, I'm quite busy.

Are u a student or working.. me i'm a student

Oops ... forgot to tell you, Hoshigami is for PS1, not PS2. As for Disgaea, I like to do the best so 100 hours is no big deal. I have finished Hoshigami in 97 hours and FFX in 160+ hours.

Oh its a PS1 game...... i thought it was ps2... anyway i finished playing Phantom Brave... its a new game from Nippon Ichi...

Don't play tactic games if you are a type who don't have patience and willingness to reset the game if you find the level unsatisfying.

Yup... its true.... playing tactic games needs a lot of patience and cheats for the money thingy...

Not a nice thing to say about Moderators.  They usually appear when someone complains to them, or whenever they feel like it. As long as this column stays peaceful, it's fine by me.

I think there is less activity in this game section .......

Gamefaq forum? Never been there. Usually I go there to grab some text guide and leave. I don't go to much of the forums so I can't really recommend any good ones. You may want to go to www.techtv/X-Play.com ... its average also.

I have check X-play.com .... i think gamespot.com videos are more variety than x-play.com

Due to time constrain, I don't play anything "heavy" like RPG. Most it's a quick game of Dynasty Warrior 4 ... I like to use Guan Yu (who happened to be a War Diety in Chinese Panthelon).  Thinking of want to play Dark Cloud 2 but no time.

Oh.. you play Dynasty Warriors 4 also... cool.... currently im playing Sengoku Musou @ Samurai Warriors... It is a new game from Koei and it rocks..... i finished playing the Samurai Dude.... This game kick ass...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-4-2004 08:46 AM | Show all posts
by rhoyo

Are u a student or working.. me i'm a student

Working. Hectic times now, for this week and next.

Oh its a PS1 game...... i thought it was ps2... anyway i finished playing Phantom Brave... its a new game from Nippon Ichi...

Phantom Brave? Japanese game right because I have see a few new ones but didn't buy. If it is a Action game, I don't mind buying because one doesn't need to understand Japanese much to play action games, but RPG is different. You must understand Japanese.

Thinking of wanting to buy Naruto, but the graphics look weird. I know the game based on some manga, but I don't read much manga.

Yup... its true.... playing tactic games needs a lot of patience and cheats for the money thingy...

You don't need cheat for money ... if you do, it means you are not leveling up properly. In most tactics games, things like how easy the game is, how much better your equipment is to your opponents' and how much money you have strictly follows how much leveling you do.

Level up all your characters to be equal and you will find yourself having a lot of money. Well ... maybe I did because I'm a bit miser.

I think there is less activity in this game section .......

True ... let's keep it that way. Say nice things for we being watched. ;)

I have check X-play.com .... i think gamespot.com videos are more variety than x-play.com

That's true. But I have not been into the forum yet. My friend recommended me Neoseeker.com which he says has a lot of good information but people there are kind of ... weird. O_o I wonder what he meant by that.

Oh.. you play Dynasty Warriors 4 also... cool.... currently im playing Sengoku Musou @ Samurai Warriors... It is a new game from Koei and it rocks..... i finished playing the Samurai Dude.... This game kick ass...  

Seen the review of Sengoku Musou in X-Play (AXN) and waiting for English version now. If it is anything like Dynasty Warrior 4, I will like it. But Dynasty Warrior 4 - Extreme Mode is kind of disappointing.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-4-2004 09:37 AM | Show all posts
Phantom Brave? Japanese game right because I have see a few new ones but didn't buy. If it is a Action game, I don't mind buying because one doesn't need to understand Japanese much to play action games, but RPG is different. You must understand Japanese.

It is japanese and it is tactic games .. similiar to Disgaea but quite weird cause you control a girl who can constrain objects into phantoms... and it involves a lot of movement and thinking... i think you should wait for the english version ... i've downloaded the game from the net i think .

Thinking of wanting to buy Naruto, but the graphics look weird. I know the game based on some manga, but I don't read much manga.

Well, i think you should buy this game cause the combo is quite cool and the finishing combo is so easy to handle cause you only need to memorize the X, triangle, square and Circle.

You don't need cheat for money ... if you do, it means you are not leveling up properly. In most tactics games, things like how easy the game is, how much better your equipment is to your opponents' and how much money you have strictly follows how much leveling you do.

Level up all your characters to be equal and you will find yourself having a lot of money. Well ... maybe I did because I'm a bit miser.

Maybe i'm to lazy to finish the disgaea game . so i used the cheats for the money part to buy weapons and poition.

True ... let's keep it that way. Say nice things for we being watched.

Ok ....

That's true. But I have not been into the forum yet. My friend recommended me Neoseeker.com which he says has a lot of good information but people there are kind of ... weird. O_o I wonder what he meant by that.

Neoseeker.com .. hmm never heard it before..  have u been to the magicbox forum .. the guys there are  not bias unlike gamefaqs.com  ... quite cool there.. a bunch of american dudes debating about games etc ...

Seen the review of Sengoku Musou in X-Play (AXN) and waiting for English version now. If it is anything like Dynasty Warrior 4, I will like it. But Dynasty Warrior 4 - Extreme Mode is kind of disappointing.

I think this game the Sengoku Musou game is similiar to Dyansty Warrior but it have extra like you can roll over from on place to another.... But it is a bit dissapointing cause it is not hard like the Dynasty Warrior 4...

[ Last edited by rhoyo on 29-4-2004 at 09:38 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 29-4-2004 10:40 AM | Show all posts
by rhoyo

It is japanese and it is tactic games .. similiar to Disgaea but quite weird cause you control a girl who can constrain objects into phantoms... and it involves a lot of movement and thinking... i think you should wait for the english version ... i've downloaded the game from the net i think .  

This is good ... a lot of Tactics games to look for in the future. :clap: I like Tactics, Strategy and RPG games better than most other games. And it seems that it proves my point in another thread that games like this is fast coming popular rather than games like FPS.

Well, i think you should buy this game cause the combo is quite cool and the finishing combo is so easy to handle cause you only need to memorize the X, triangle, square and Circle.

Yeah ... seen it on shops when some of the guys there play the game. Looks kind of childish but quite violent. I think I will wait for English version since it could be easier to understand what the heck the fighting out for ... especially on someone else's roofs.

Maybe i'm to lazy to finish the disgaea game . so i used the cheats for the money part to buy weapons and poition.

There is special Residents which you can get and put inside your weapon or armour which increase your money. Forgot the name though. Also, sell a lot of items and you can bribe the Senate to increase money.

best way to bribe them is - Save first and enter the voting areas with a LOT of Rare items. Since you will get a lot also, you don't need to be so stingy about them like me. Look at the senates who are opposing you and bribe them first. As long as you turn as many of them toward you, it will be beneficial to get the vote passed.

If things doesn't work out like you plan, reset and try again rather than fight it out. Senates will change everytime and it will be easier for you to get a vote passed as you level Laharl up.

Neoseeker.com .. hmm never heard it before..  have u been to the magicbox forum .. the guys there are  not bias unlike gamefaqs.com  ... quite cool there.. a bunch of american dudes debating about games etc ...

Magicbox.com ... I remember someone inviting me there once, maybe I check it out also. Gamefaqs.com are more toward getting information rather than a forum.

And I really don't like debating with westerners. Some of them don't know Eastern traditions (which most games like FFX, Disgaea etc) was based on and that make debating a bit hectic. Hell ... till now, those people in X-Play show don't seems to know where the name DisGAEA came from. ;)

I think this game the Sengoku Musou game is similiar to Dyansty Warrior but it have extra like you can roll over from on place to another.... But it is a bit dissapointing cause it is not hard like the Dynasty Warrior 4...

Dynasty warrior 4 isn't hard, just so ... nice to play. Sometimes, I will kept on killing idiots who dares to cross my path so much that I will forgot that there is a time limit and if you don't make it to the final destination and defeat the boss there, you will fail.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-4-2004 12:08 PM | Show all posts
This is good ... a lot of Tactics games to look for in the future.  I like Tactics, Strategy and RPG games better than most other games. And it seems that it proves my point in another thread that games like this is fast coming popular rather than games like FPS.

Yup.. Looks like Tactics games are becoming phenomenal these days ... 2d games are pretty cool compare to 3d gaming... maybe i'm old school so i like 2d than 3d...

Yeah ... seen it on shops when some of the guys there play the game. Looks kind of childish but quite violent. I think I will wait for English version since it could be easier to understand what the heck the fighting out for ... especially on someone else's roofs.

Oh i see... but i think the english version will not be released yet..

There is special Residents which you can get and put inside your weapon or armour which increase your money. Forgot the name though. Also, sell a lot of items and you can bribe the Senate to increase money.

best way to bribe them is - Save first and enter the voting areas with a LOT of Rare items. Since you will get a lot also, you don't need to be so stingy about them like me. Look at the senates who are opposing you and bribe them first. As long as you turn as many of them toward you, it will be beneficial to get the vote passed.

Its hard to bribe them...  IMO it is total useless to give them valuable items and potions etc ...

If things doesn't work out like you plan, reset and try again rather than fight it out. Senates will change everytime and it will be easier for you to get a vote passed as you level Laharl up.

Hows your Laharl ? I mean the level thingy ....

Magicbox.com ... I remember someone inviting me there once, maybe I check it out also. Gamefaqs.com are more toward getting information rather than a forum.

And I really don't like debating with westerners. Some of them don't know Eastern traditions (which most games like FFX, Disgaea etc) was based on and that make debating a bit hectic. Hell ... till now, those people in X-Play show don't seems to know where the name DisGAEA came from.

But some of the westerners from europe are quite nice... I agree with your point there.... man i didn't see X-Play again cause it is so outdated IMO ...

Dynasty warrior 4 isn't hard, just so ... nice to play. Sometimes, I will kept on killing idiots who dares to cross my path so much that I will forgot that there is a time limit and if you don't make it to the final destination and defeat the boss there, you will fail.

For me, it is hard cause i choose the wu clan... and when fighting with the bos who ride the elephant thingy it makes me piss cause it so freaking hard when battling 100 people against one.....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 06:29 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.112257 second(s), 45 queries .