CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: rhoyo

PS2 JAPANESE GAME

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 19-5-2004 01:57 PM | Show all posts
That's the part I'm not very sure. Have to learn more before giving my Precious to this people to modify.

oh i see... i think in the usa.. many people use the swap trick disc ..

Don't call that game PB please ... that word (PB) leaves a bad taste in my mouth for a certain reason.

You seems to have too much time in your hands. What constraint part? No spoiler please. BTW, Phantom Brave is a Japanese game?

Well, in Phantom Brave, you play as a girl called marrone.. she can constraint phantoms from trees, rocks and etc ...

I'd rather support Japanese than Westerners ... no offense, just being Asian.

As for console ... maybe but one could wonder whether anyone could continue to accord to buy such consoles in the near future.

Hmm... i'm an asian too ...

I prefer Japanese developers than the Westerners developers... :cool:

Oh yeah ... I think I saw it before ... it is a very small PS in shape of PS1 with a screen as big as your ... er ... my palm, I believe.

Yup.. and it will sure to be a hit....

the graphics are like the ps2 thingy...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-5-2004 08:14 AM | Show all posts
by rhoyo

oh i see... i think in the usa.. many people use the swap trick disc ..

Same here ... use CD swapping for those who has console which was not modified. After a while, there will be some problems.

Well, in Phantom Brave, you play as a girl called marrone.. she can constraint phantoms from trees, rocks and etc ...

Hmmm ... like Fatal Frame perhaps. This game still in Japanese or converted already?

Hmm... i'm an asian too ...  

Yet to be determined ...

I prefer Japanese developers than the Westerners developers...  

Yup, Japanese don't bother much with things like how other people will view their product or what rank it will be getting. They just make it as naturally as possible, even if some of the parts may appear a bit ... what's the proper word... hentai and unusual in eyes of others.

Which explains why so many games from Japan gets all kind of weird ranks from Westerner reviewers.

Yup.. and it will sure to be a hit....

the graphics are like the ps2 thingy...

Welll ... I guess Sony just don't want to let go of the PS1 concept so fast, knowing that a lot of people can't accord PS1 or other more expensive consoles.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-5-2004 05:45 PM | Show all posts
Same here ... use CD swapping for those who has console which was not modified. After a while, there will be some problems.

Hmm.. besides CD swapping. do u know the swiss knife trick... its a method where u used the knife and "cucuk" it in the console..

Hmmm ... like Fatal Frame perhaps. This game still in Japanese or converted already?

Fatal Frame ? ? nope ... its kinda like you create Phantoms using the trees, rocks and etc.... It is still Japanese but will be produced by Atlus !! Hip Hip Horray !!!...

Yup, Japanese don't bother much with things like how other people will view their product or what rank it will be getting. They just make it as naturally as possible, even if some of the parts may appear a bit ... what's the proper word... hentai and unusual in eyes of others.

Which explains why so many games from Japan gets all kind of weird ranks from Westerner reviewers.

Maybe ...

Welll ... I guess Sony just don't want to let go of the PS1 concept so fast, knowing that a lot of people can't accord PS1 or other more expensive consoles.

True... the PSX(ps2dvdrw) are so expensive .... :cf:

Do You play Silent Hill ?

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2004 06:05 PM | Show all posts
by rhoyo

Hmm.. besides CD swapping. do u know the swiss knife trick... its a method where u used the knife and "cucuk" it in the console..

I'm not going to stab my Percious, Thank You.

Fatal Frame ? ? nope ... its kinda like you create Phantoms using the trees, rocks and etc.... It is still Japanese but will be produced by Atlus !! Hip Hip Horray !!!...

Atlus? Hmmm ... same guys who came out with Hoshigami, a Strategy game for PS1 console. Is this a Strategy game or an action one? Sounds like action game.

True... the PSX(ps2dvdrw) are so expensive ....  

A PS which place DVD or something? Never heard of such machine before.

Do You play Silent Hill ?

I need to replay my 1st SH. Haven't touch the others. Scary games with weird graphics ain't something I like too much. The odd atmosphere usually gives me a bad headache. :bgrin:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-5-2004 07:56 PM | Show all posts
Atlus? Hmmm ... same guys who came out with Hoshigami, a Strategy game for PS1 console. Is this a Strategy game or an action one? Sounds like action game.

The gameplay is Strategy RPG just like Disgaea but more options and surroundings...

A PS which place DVD or something? Never heard of such machine before.

:hmm: ... it was released last year i think... it is a ps2 with a dvd rw thingy... and with 4 slots of controller just like the xbox...

I need to replay my 1st SH. Haven't touch the others. Scary games with weird graphics ain't something I like too much. The odd atmosphere usually gives me a bad headache.

Oh i see.... i'm kinda like the silent hill series.. cause i like hitting monsters, dogs and etc .... and also the strange rituals ...

can't wait for silent hill 4..... the graphics are on top notch ....

Hmm... these days there are a lot of cell sheded games .... do you like cell sheded games ? :bgrin:

Use magic Report

Post time 21-5-2004 08:25 AM | Show all posts
by rhoyo

The gameplay is Strategy RPG just like Disgaea but more options and surroundings...

OK ... Phantom Brave ... added to my shopping lists. New items comes a bit late to the stores around here so I have to wait a while. Even La Pucelle came a bit late also, brought it already.

... it was released last year i think... it is a ps2 with a dvd rw thingy... and with 4 slots of controller just like the xbox...

Think I saw it in one of the game shops when bunch of kids were playing Wrestling games.

Why could Sony release a Console which able to play DVD-R CDs? Isn't that like promoting Piracy? :hmm:

Oh i see.... i'm kinda like the silent hill series.. cause i like hitting monsters, dogs and etc .... and also the strange rituals ...

Well ... I don't like it too much. I play the 1st and still remember my friend's advice ... "Use GameSharks and SHOOT everything in sight. Those which doesn't die won't harm you." <_< Kind of works though.

can't wait for silent hill 4..... the graphics are on top notch ....

Yeah ... tested SH2 and 3 ... the graphic is good. But don't know about the storyline. Its getting creepier. :nyorok:

Hmm... these days there are a lot of cell sheded games .... do you like cell sheded games ?  

Cell Sheded? Like what?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 21-5-2004 09:37 AM | Show all posts
Why could Sony release a Console which able to play DVD-R CDs? Isn't that like promoting Piracy?

Well.. Sony is kinda like to sell this products to the rich people .... hmm if i'm not mistaken the Psx cost about Rm 5000 + , i think ... ;)

Well ... I don't like it too much. I play the 1st and still remember my friend's advice ... "Use GameSharks and SHOOT everything in sight. Those which doesn't die won't harm you." <_< Kind of works though.

:bgrin: .... oh i see...... i also kinda like the sound of the radio and the fog ... hows the fog in the silent hill 1... i didn't buy silent hill 1 ..

Cell Sheded? Like what?

Like the TMNT, X111, VJ ... Sly Cooper ....  like that lah...

Use magic Report

Post time 21-5-2004 11:48 AM | Show all posts
by rhoyo

Well.. Sony is kinda like to sell this products to the rich people .... hmm if i'm not mistaken the Psx cost about Rm 5000 + , i think ...  

Trust the Pirates to make it cheap and affordable for everyone. :bgrin: Maybe that's why there's more good pirates in RPG than in the movies.

.... oh i see...... i also kinda like the sound of the radio and the fog ... hows the fog in the silent hill 1... i didn't buy silent hill 1 ..

The stupid radio makes me jumpy and the damn fog is too thick.

I think SH1 had the worse fog in all the series because it was set at night throughout the game and you can't hardly make what in front of you as far as 5 meters (roughly). In SH2 and 3, at least there's some daylight playing.

And the changing into the alternative world doesn't help either ... it's too damn eerie and makes my sensers go wild. Annoying. :geram:

Like the TMNT, X111, VJ ... Sly Cooper ....  like that lah...

Oh yeah ... seen it. Can't say much since I didn't play any of it. I don't bother much about the graphics as long as the storyline is OK. I think Naruto is a cell shedded game also.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 22-5-2004 08:53 AM | Show all posts
Trust the Pirates to make it cheap and affordable for everyone.  Maybe that's why there's more good pirates in RPG than in the movies.

Speaking of cheap... how much is the price for a pirate ps2 dvd at your place ? :bgrin:

The stupid radio makes me jumpy and the damn fog is too thick.

I think SH1 had the worse fog in all the series because it was set at night throughout the game and you can't hardly make what in front of you as far as 5 meters (roughly). In SH2 and 3, at least there's some daylight playing.

And the changing into the alternative world doesn't help either ... it's too damn eerie and makes my sensers go wild. Annoying.

Yup.... the radio makes spooky sound.... i was 'Terkejut" when the thing at the silent hill 2 crawls from the car and snatch me.... and in the last stage of silent hill 3... the background turns into red ...

Oh yeah ... seen it. Can't say much since I didn't play any of it. I don't bother much about the graphics as long as the storyline is OK. I think Naruto is a cell shedded game also.

Yup , naruto is a cell shedded game ..... hmm what is your top 10 most wanted ps2 .

Use magic Report

Post time 22-5-2004 09:32 AM | Show all posts
by rhoyo

Speaking of cheap... how much is the price for a pirate ps2 dvd at your place ?  

If you talking about empty DVD-RW which you can burn data onto, I say about $25 - 35. Depends on the quality.

Yup.... the radio makes spooky sound.... i was 'Terkejut" when the thing at the silent hill 2 crawls from the car and snatch me.... and in the last stage of silent hill 3... the background turns into red ...

And what is the worse about the damn radio is it never make sounds during a surprise attack. Just when you expect the thing to give you a early alarm of approaching enemy, something will pop up and lands on you. <_< Annoying ... I think a few boss fights where like that.

Yup , naruto is a cell shedded game ..... hmm what is your top 10 most wanted ps2 .

10? Hmmm ... let's see ...

1. FF12 (waiting for it for a long time).
2. MGS3 - Snake Eater
3. Resident Evil 4 (heard they are doing it now)
4. Resident Evil 0 (I think it is in Gamecube, based on Bravo team at the mansion).
5. Resident Evil 1 (Remake for Gamecube).

Yup ... can't think of anything else yet.

As for cell shedded games, it seems to be simply to make. People seems to ignore the need for high-tech graphics and concentrate in storytelling and special effects. I think this kind of games will increase in near future especially among new game developers who wants to try out into the market.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-5-2004 09:40 AM | Show all posts
If you talking about empty DVD-RW which you can burn data onto, I say about $25 - 35. Depends on the quality.

Oh i see.. what about the games ?

And what is the worse about the damn radio is it never make sounds during a surprise attack. Just when you expect the thing to give you a early alarm of approaching enemy, something will pop up and lands on you. <_< Annoying ... I think a few boss fights where like that.

I hate the monsters at the hospital.. it sounds eerie...

10? Hmmm ... let's see ...

1. FF12 (waiting for it for a long time).
2. MGS3 - Snake Eater
3. Resident Evil 4 (heard they are doing it now)
4. Resident Evil 0 (I think it is in Gamecube, based on Bravo team at the mansion).
5. Resident Evil 1 (Remake for Gamecube).

Yup ... can't think of anything else yet.

Oh ok.... hmm i think RE4 will be a gamecube exclusive and not a ps2 exclusive same also for 0 and 1 ....

can't wait for GT4, KH2, MGS3, Tekken 5 , KOF and ....

As for cell shedded games, it seems to be simply to make. People seems to ignore the need for high-tech graphics and concentrate in storytelling and special effects. I think this kind of games will increase in near future especially among new game developers who wants to try out into the market.

well i'm kinda like this cell shedded games depends on the artist of the game if  he can draw the character than it will be A ok .....

hmm what do you think about gamecube ? is it cool or ..

Use magic Report

Post time 22-5-2004 09:54 AM | Show all posts
by rhoyo

Oh i see.. what about the games ?

Games are cheap, courtesy of the South-East Asia Pirates who had been around for decades. Between $ 5 - 8 ringgit only. Very cheap but depends on the quality. Some of them are burnt onto low quality DVD and not every console can read it.

I hate the monsters at the hospital.. it sounds eerie...

Yup ... I hate hospitals and the alternative world is worse. :ah:

Oh ok.... hmm i think RE4 will be a gamecube exclusive and not a ps2 exclusive same also for 0 and 1 ....

can't wait for GT4, KH2, MGS3, Tekken 5 , KOF and ....

Well ... one can wish for RE series for PS2, can he?

KH2 ... forgot about that one. Have to wait and see whether my namesake makes a return with better fighting style than in KH1. :bgrin: It is already shown that there will be a sequel, so that's a good news.

GTA, Tekken, KOF ... I don't play this games. I don't know ... maybe I just don't like this types.

well i'm kinda like this cell shedded games depends on the artist of the game if  he can draw the character than it will be A ok .....

Graphics and character design in Naruto looks better and more detailed than in XIII so I guess you are right about the artist part.

hmm what do you think about gamecube ? is it cool or ..

Cool? Maybe ... expensive ... definately. Can't really accord something that expensive and there is not many games for the gamecubes yet.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-5-2004 10:10 AM | Show all posts
Games are cheap, courtesy of the South-East Asia Pirates who had been around for decades.  Between $ 5 - 8 ringgit only. Very cheap but depends on the quality. Some of them are burnt onto low quality DVD and not every console can read it.

wow.... Rm 5 kah.. so cheap.... no crackdown or inspection kah at your place ? ....

Yup ... I hate hospitals and the alternative world is worse.

Hmm.... yup the hospital are kinda weird ... what do you think about horror games these days ? is it scary enough.... for me i think the scary part is solving the puzzles and also the "spook me when i can't see u" part ...

Well ... one can wish for RE series for PS2, can he?

KH2 ... forgot about that one. Have to wait and see whether my namesake makes a return with better fighting style than in KH1.  It is already shown that there will be a sequel, so that's a good news.

GTA, Tekken, KOF ... I don't play this games. I don't know ... maybe I just don't like this types.

The fighting styles are like the KH1 but it will use the triangle button i think ... hmm GTA ? i mean the GT 4 =Gran Turrismo 4 ... Do you like car games ...

Cool? Maybe ... expensive ... definately. Can't really accord something that expensive and there is not many games for the gamecubes yet.

How much is the GC at your place ? ... here also expensive around RM 1200 ...

Use magic Report

Post time 24-5-2004 09:30 AM | Show all posts
by rhoyo

wow.... Rm 5 kah.. so cheap.... no crackdown or inspection kah at your place ? ....

There are serious crackdown on Illegal Softwares and movies here but so far, games seems to be neutral. Game companies like CAPCOM, Square, Konami and so on don't pressure the government as much as Microsoft and other software companies does.

Another reason is that no many people play console games. Most of them either choose PC version (which can be controlled with Softwares as well) or choose to play Online version or just hit the local Cyber Cafes. Console games so far not been highlighted too much. But we are stocking up on the games whenever it releases just in case the situation changes suddenly.

Hmm.... yup the hospital are kinda weird ... what do you think about horror games these days ? is it scary enough.... for me i think the scary part is solving the puzzles and also the "spook me when i can't see u" part ...

American games are not that scary ... most of them rely on special effects. But Asian games like Fatal Frame, Siren etc are quite scary because they use visual effects more than special effects.

Can't remember any Western games which scared me much after SH series though.

The fighting styles are like the KH1 but it will use the triangle button i think ... hmm GTA ? i mean the GT 4 =Gran Turrismo 4 ... Do you like car games ...

Well ... we have to wait for KH2 then. Car games? Nope ... except maybe Driver series for PS1. Driver 2 kind of sucks. Other than that, I don't play much racing related games.

How much is the GC at your place ? ... here also expensive around RM 1200 ...

Yeah ... think it is around that figure. Haven't check it yet since last year. Quite expensive and the games produced for it are limited.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-5-2004 12:51 PM | Show all posts
There are serious crackdown on Illegal Softwares and movies here but so far, games seems to be neutral. Game companies like CAPCOM, Square, Konami and so on don't pressure the government as much as Microsoft and other software companies does.

Well, i seen the news yesterday.. where a bolivian bought 2 dozens of Ps2 dvd that is shrek 2, syphon filter and some memory cards .... he was busted by the customs ...

Another reason is that no many people play console games. Most of them either choose PC version (which can be controlled with Softwares as well) or choose to play Online version or just hit the local Cyber Cafes. Console games so far not been highlighted too much. But we are stocking up on the games whenever it releases just in case the situation changes suddenly.

I'm kinda not interested in Online games cause it u need to pay the monthly fees and so on ....

American games are not that scary ... most of them rely on special effects. But Asian games like Fatal Frame, Siren etc are quite scary because they use visual effects more than special effects.

Correction ... Silent Hill producer is Japanese and not american ...

Well ... we have to wait for KH2 then. Car games? Nope ... except maybe Driver series for PS1. Driver 2 kind of sucks. Other than that, I don't play much racing related games.

I hate Driver..

Yeah ... think it is around that figure. Haven't check it yet since last year. Quite expensive and the games produced for it are limited.

Oh i see ....

Do u used Action Replay ? ...

Hmm by the way have u seen Shrek 2   ...

Use magic Report

Post time 24-5-2004 01:30 PM | Show all posts
by rhoyo

Well, i seen the news yesterday.. where a bolivian bought 2 dozens of Ps2 dvd that is shrek 2, syphon filter and some memory cards .... he was busted by the customs ...

Well ... 2 dozen of those probably attracts a lot of attention, unless you are a dealer and have all the proper papers. And this incident is in Malaysia?

I'm kinda not interested in Online games cause it u need to pay the monthly fees and so on ....

Same here ... even so the fees are cheap, but I don't think I want to play Online games till much2 later. Maybe when I have my own Steam-Max Broadband and a PC on my own at home.

Correction ... Silent Hill producer is Japanese and not american ...

In that case ... American/European games are not scary at all. They are too simplified to scare anyone, even the movies. The producers will explain too much and let nothing to the imagination which makes the game (and movies) too boring. Take RE1 for PS1 for example ... not much was revealed so it kept its atmosphere of tense all the way to the end.

I hate Driver..

I just dislike any games where you need to move fast. I'm a slow-poke, if you may. :bgrin:

Oh i see ....

Do u used Action Replay ? ...

Maybe with better games in the future and when the prize goes down a bit, maybe more people will buy Gamecube.

No, I don't use Action Replay other than to load my PS2 games. I don't use cheats if that what you mean. I have noticed a lot of problems due to Action replay, especially on PS1 games.

Hmm by the way have u seen Shrek 2   ...  

No ... didn't watch the 1st and I doubt I watch the 2nd. There's something about Western's made CGI movies which not very attractive to me ... maybe it's the humour ... I find it annoying.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 24-5-2004 01:43 PM | Show all posts
Well ... 2 dozen of those probably attracts a lot of attention, unless you are a dealer and have all the proper papers. And this incident is in Malaysia?

Yup. it happened in Malaysia ... i think tv3 did a coverage on this incident.

Same here ... even so the fees are cheap, but I don't think I want to play Online games till much2 later. Maybe when I have my own Steam-Max Broadband and a PC on my own at home.

Oh i see... so the broadband is for downloading Software and stuff or what ? ...

In that case ... American/European games are not scary at all. They are too simplified to scare anyone, even the movies. The producers will explain too much and let nothing to the imagination which makes the game (and movies) too boring. Take RE1 for PS1 for example ... not much was revealed so it kept its atmosphere of tense all the way to the end.

Well, American's like to do violence games such as Manhunt ....

I just dislike any games where you need to move fast. I'm a slow-poke, if you may.

hmm i wonder ...  do you have sportscar ?

Maybe with better games in the future and when the prize goes down a bit, maybe more people will buy Gamecube.

No, I don't use Action Replay other than to load my PS2 games. I don't use cheats if that what you mean. I have noticed a lot of problems due to Action replay, especially on PS1 games.

If the gamecube sells for RM 300 ... then i will buy it just for collection ..

No ... didn't watch the 1st and I doubt I watch the 2nd. There's something about Western's made CGI movies which not very attractive to me ... maybe it's the humour ... I find it annoying.

Oh i see... u are an anime type right or what ? :bgrin:

Use magic Report

Post time 24-5-2004 03:57 PM | Show all posts
by rhoyo

Yup. it happened in Malaysia ... i think tv3 did a coverage on this incident.

Hmmm ... must have missed that report. All I know is that Japanese are careful who buying their computer products because they are afraid it may end up in the wrong hands.

Oh i see... so the broadband is for downloading Software and stuff or what ? ...

I don't download anything much nowadays ... busy. Last time, I used to download old MP3 songs (60s, 70s, 80s). Nowadays, even that is gone. Maybe I will start downloading again once I have a good PC.

Well, American's like to do violence games such as Manhunt ....

Which gives gamers a bad review. Violent games said to start violent reaction on children and teens.

hmm i wonder ...  do you have sportscar ?

No ... I'm not that rich. I don't think I want a sportcar ... what's the use of having an expensive car when the less expensive one can do just as good (except for speed)?

If the gamecube sells for RM 300 ... then i will buy it just for collection ..

Might as well download an emulator and try it. Saves money. Except for PS2, I think most consoles have a emulator. I brought a game cd with Gameboy Advance the other day ... wanted to play FFT Advance.

Oh i see... u are an anime type right or what ?  

Huh? Don't understand.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-5-2004 05:06 PM | Show all posts
I don't download anything much nowadays ... busy. Last time, I used to download old MP3 songs (60s, 70s, 80s). Nowadays, even that is gone. Maybe I will start downloading again once I have a good PC.

Oh... you like old songs ....

are u using 512

Which gives gamers a bad review. Violent games said to start violent reaction on children and teens.

I read that new zealand band Manhunt because it is too violence ... IMO this game sucks and zzz ...

Might as well download an emulator and try it. Saves money. Except for PS2, I think most consoles have a emulator. I brought a game cd with Gameboy Advance the other day ... wanted to play FFT Advance.

I read that the emulator for GC is Dolphin ... i'm kinda hate this Emulator thing for the big consoles .... it kinda sucks..

Hmm what i'm trying to say is.. hmm do you like anime ? ....

Use magic Report

Post time 25-5-2004 08:50 AM | Show all posts
by rhoyo

Oh... you like old songs ....

are u using 512

I like oldies since songs nowadays like crap.

What's a 512?

I read that new zealand band Manhunt because it is too violence ... IMO this game sucks and zzz ...

A friend of a friend of mine playing it ... seems to be made for people who have a lot of things pent up inside. Word INSANE comes to mind.

Another game banned in Europe was Carmaggedon and the ones causing most ripples are FPS types since a lot of people says such games are reasons for violence in US.

I read that the emulator for GC is Dolphin ... i'm kinda hate this Emulator thing for the big consoles .... it kinda sucks..

I know ... but its the best choice one has to play a game from Gamecube or other console which one cannot afford. The other day, I managed to find an emulator for Dreamcast ...  

Hmm what i'm trying to say is.. hmm do you like anime ? ....

A bit ... no time to watch anyway, other than in AXN (Astro ... cable TV). With economic closedown here, Anime is a commodity one buys when there is money to spare.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 11:17 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.192645 second(s), 41 queries .