ada ka forumers yang bergiat or interested in this sport -
if yes --share la dengan kita ---

-i shall post the article re:Nurul Hudda's decision to
quit in shooting --

[ Last edited bydexa at 7-3-2009 01:14 ]

dexa Publish time 1-1-2007 07:48 AM

Shooting: Ailing Nurul decides to quit
31 Dec 2006

COMMONWEALTH Games gold medallist Nurul Hudda Baharin has decided to lay down her arms for good.

The 35-year-old rifle shooter also does not plan to compete in the local circuit or to go into coaching.

"It is the most painful decision but I had to make it for my family and career," said Nurul, who has been representing the country for the past 15 years.

Nurul Hudda, who shot to fame when she won the gold medal in the women抯 air rifle event in the 1998 Kuala Lumpur Commonwealth Games, did not compete in the recent Doha Asian Games due to illness and was replaced by junior shooter Mariani Rafali.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Sunday/Sport/20061231092933/gun.jpg

"I have to admit my health has been affecting my performance the past few years. It抯 better that I retire and let other junior rifle shooters have the chance to don national colours," said the police sergeant, who also won the women抯 50-metre Rifle Three-position pairs bronze medal with Nur Suryani Taibi in the Melbourne Commonwealth Games in March.

According to Nurul, she will not be representing Police in next year抯 national shooting competitions.

"I also do not plan to go into coaching," said Nurul, who is based at the Police Training Centre (Pulapol) in Kuala Lumpur.

For the record, Nurul also won gold in the Jakarta (1997), Kuala Lumpur (2001) and Hanoi (2003) Sea Games editions.

Meanwhile, National Shooting Association of Malaysia (NSAM) executive secretary Mej (Rtd) Jasni Shaari said the association is aware of Nurul抯 decision to quit.

"We respect her decision and wish her the best. It抯 a big loss to the sport but there are other up-and-coming shooters who are capable of replacing her in the national team," said Jasni.

Ax Publish time 1-1-2007 02:20 PM

asal x amik jek mat2 polis ke tentera ke
hehehehe

dexa Publish time 1-1-2007 02:29 PM

Reply #3 Ax's post

mat mat polis or tentera pun bukannya shoot accurate kut --
depa maindush dush dush dush dushaje --

bukan mesti bullseye --
saya rasa la -
otherwise -- patutaje ambik polis or
tenteratorepresent --

payrol Publish time 1-1-2007 02:32 PM

suka tengok event skeet..mmg power diorang nih...

I-chi-ban Publish time 31-1-2007 05:38 PM

shooting.... one of my favourite.....   sanggup seharian di lapang sasar... tapi dah lama tak shoot..... sekarang tukar kpd archery

dexa Publish time 11-3-2007 03:49 PM

Shooting: Hasli shoots down two medals
11 Mar 2007
Shirlexia Tan

NATIONAL shooter Hasli Izwan Amir Hasan collected another gold and a silver medal at the Ally T.H. Ong Trophy yesterday.

The Manila Sea Games gold medallist, who has already qualified for the World Cup and Korat Sea Games in the 25m Rapid Fire Pistol event, won the men抯 25m Standard Pistol event with a total score of 554.

Mohd Ridhuan Mohamed came in second with 550 while Khalel Abdullah finished third (540).

Hasli, however, failed to add another gold when he lost to junior shooter Ahmad Zhafri in the 10m Air Pistol event.

Zhafri, who is representing Penang, took the gold with a total score of 660 while Hasli posted 659.7 for the silver, followed by Lu Yeu Sing (657.9).

"Today抯 (yesterday) events are not my favourite events, and I抦 happy to see the improvement from the junior shooters," said Hasli.

Mohd Azlan Johari topped the men抯 50m Rifle 3 position after posting a 1,220.2 total score. Mohd. Hadafi Jaafer was second (1,212.5), followed by Mohd Firdaus M. Sidek (1,209.4).

In the Trap event, Charles Chen took the gold with a total score of 133 points.

The silver went to Leong Wei Heng (132) while Lim Lai Chin took bronze (123).

I-chi-ban Publish time 12-3-2007 03:23 PM

Originally posted by Ax at 1-1-2007 02:20 PM
asal x amik jek mat2 polis ke tentera ke
hehehehe

apa ingat dia orang ni hebat sangat ke nembak..... dak juga...cuma dia orag selalu nembak... itu aje....

dexa Publish time 14-7-2007 06:27 AM

NSAM mahu kes dadah atlet menembak dipercepat

PETALING JAYA

dexa Publish time 15-7-2007 02:51 PM

Shooting: Hameleay still struggling
By : Shirlexia Tan

NATIONAL shooter Mohd Hameleay Mutalib is still struggling to find his form with the Korat Sea Games less than five months away.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Sunday/Sport/20070715083635/sport3.jpg

Hameleay (picture) is worried about his performance so far this year.

"I have not been producing any good results this year in either local or international tournaments and I am still trying hard to get back to the level I used to be at."

He said he only started training under the national programme in April.

"I was very busy with work after the Doha Asian Games last year and had not got into real training until April.

"I am very thankful to my employer who let me off since April to concentrate on my preparation for the Sea Games," said Hameleay, who is working at the Police headquarters in Alor Star.

The 26-year-old Hameleay, who previously competed in only one event, is now shooting in all three rifle events.

"Maybe that is also one of the reasons that I am not doing so well since I have to train for all three events, especially now that I am the only rifle shooter in the country who has qualified for the Sea Games."

Yesterday, he could only manage fifth place in the 50m rifle 3 position event at the Tun Tan Siew Sin Trophy at the Subang shooting range.

Mohd. Hadafi Jaafar took gold with 1,221.4, followed by Azlan Johari (1,220.4) and Tan Kien Seem (1,216.4).

dexa Publish time 17-7-2007 01:05 AM

Shooting: NSAM confident shooters will be on target
By : Shirlexia Tan

THE National Shooting Association of Malaysia(NSAM) is sure that the shooters will be able to produce a better result at this year抯 edition of the Sea Games in Korat than from two years ago in Manila.

The Malaysian team returned with only three gold medals from Manila courtesy of Bibiana Ng (25m Sports Pistol), Nur Suryani Taibi (50m Prone) and Hasli Izwan Amir Hassan (25m Pistol), when more was expected of them.

"For the moment we have not set any target but I think we will definitely win more than the three gold medals in Manila,"said NSAM executive secretary Mejar Jasni Shaari.

"The shooters qualified beating the silver medal mark from two years ago, which indirectly means they already have a silver in hand. I am sure that with more effort they will be able to turn them into gold medals."

Jasni said NSAM will hand a proposal to the Olympic Council of Malaysia(OCM) at the end of this month with the list of shooters and their respective Sea Games target.

"We will have a meeting after the Tun Tan Siew Sin Trophy to get an early name list for the team. I expect about 20 shooters will be going to Korat," said Jasni, adding that the NSAM will also get to assess the shooters

hyphrigian Publish time 18-7-2007 05:02 PM

sukan menembak pakai sniper la......
baru bleh menang...

dexa Publish time 24-8-2007 11:10 PM

Shooting: Women bag an historic bronze
By : Ajitpal Singh

MALAYSIA bagged a bronze medal in the women抯 trap team, the first ever medal in an international event, on the opening day of the Southeast Asia Shooting Association (SEASA) Championships at the Subang Shooting Range yesterday.

However, their achievement lost some of its lustre as besides Malaysia, shooters from only two countries

car閒actor_z閞o Publish time 28-8-2007 10:32 AM

Shooting: Zhafri marks his comeback with a bang
By RAJES PAUL

SUBANG: Shooters Azlan Johari and Ahmad Zhafri Zamil were Malaysia抯 top male performers in the senior and junior competitions on the fifth day of the of the South-East Asian Championships (Seasa) at the Subang Range yesterday.But the outing was certainly more meaningful for 18-year-old Zhafri.The Penangite, who is making a comeback from a two-month break, won his first individual medal in an international championship, taking bronze in his pet event, the 10m air pistol, with a score of 561. There was more joy for Zhafri as the team took the silver medal.揑 was busy for the last two months. I got into the UIA (Universiti Islam Antarabangsa). Despite not practising, I was able to win medals in my first international meet. This is great,

akughi Publish time 30-8-2007 06:46 PM

dalam KL kat mane ade tempat
nembak ek.....

aku rase mcm best je la

akughi Publish time 30-8-2007 06:46 PM

dulu kecik2 aku selalu gak..
lestik cicak...

akughi Publish time 30-8-2007 06:47 PM

burung pun pernah jadi
mangse aku...

akughi Publish time 30-8-2007 06:48 PM

tak lupe gak kepade biawak..