CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: FaithHealer3

Wives of Prophet Muhammad

Close [Copy link]
 Author| Post time 17-7-2004 06:30 AM | Show all posts

And the Fat Lady Saudah(wife#2)... gave her turn to Muhammad's xxx wife, Aisha.
Wonder why?

:dia:Sahih Bukhari#007.062.139
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 139:
Narrated 'Aisha: Sada bint Zam'a gave up her turn to me ('Aisha), and so the Prophet used to give me ('Aisha) both my day and the day of Sad;

Forum Rules!

No.6: Posts containing defamation of, or insults to religious figures, holy books, beliefs and practices of any religion will not be tolerated. Any posts that contain these will be deleted outright.

[ Last edited by DARSITA on 16-7-2004 at 02:43 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-7-2004 06:37 AM | Show all posts

Faith .. over here .. NOT THERE .. HERE! :-)

Before you write another article, how abt answering the question i posted in your forum abt the article abt  AISHA.

I am only asking for the reference to your CLAIM. You claimed this...    `耰shah(R) was betrothed (zawaj) at the age of 6 years old and the marriage was consummated (nik鈎) a few years after the marriage at 9 years old when she was in full puberty.

How did you know for sure that she was in full puberty when she was only 9years old?

MENJ, The link to the forum on your main page is obscure lah.

http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthr ... ;page=4&fpage=1

Copy & paste from:- http://www.iiie.net/Articles/Ayesha.html

[quote]Was Ayesha A Six-Year-Old Bride?

The Ancient Myth Exposed
by T.O. Shanavas

A Christian friend asked me once, 揥ill you marry your seven year old daughter to a fifty year old man?

Use magic Report

Post time 17-7-2004 06:45 AM | Show all posts
Do not insults my Prophet. Do not start flame war between Muslim and Christian in this board or in this thread.

Thank you
Darsita

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-7-2004 08:12 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by DARSITA at 2004-7-17 06:45 AM:
Do not insults my Prophet. Do not start flame war between Muslim and Christian in this board or in this thread.

Thank you
Darsita

Come on Darsita, you call that insulting? I gave reference. The fact was, Muhammad practiced favouritism, he loved Aisha more than the other wives, as shown by the hadiths. How can you deny this?

:dia: Sahih Bukhari#005.057.014
Volume 5, Book 57, Number 14:
Narrated 'Amr bin Al-As: The Prophet deputed me to read the Army of Dhat-as-Salasil. I came to him and said, "Who is the most beloved person to you?" He said, " 'Aisha." I asked, "Among the men?" He said, "Her father." I said, "Who then?" He said, "Then 'Umar bin Al-Khattab." He then named other men.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-7-2004 09:13 AM | Show all posts
by DARSITA

In Islam The Qur醤 giving Muslims the right to take four wives.

So you people marry 4 wives because your religion allows it?

That's still not an answer on WHY a man NEEDS 4 wives? As in the reason for a person seeking 4 wives.

I will be quite happy to have one (spouse) since I do not see the need for 4. :stp:

Quote:
Surah 4 verse 3
If ye fear that ye shall not able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not able to deal justly (with them) then only one.... that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice

Meaning a man ..
1. MUST/should spend absolutely the same amount of time with each of his wives
2. MUST/should treating each wife equally financially and legally,
3. MUST NOT/should not have the slightest preference for one
4. MUST/should respect them all equally.
5. MUST/should love them all equally.

Sadly, most men in polygamous relationships have neither.  

Right ... most men in this sort of relationships (which usually based on lust) NEVER fair to older spouse OR the children of the marriage before.

Which is why, in most cultures, including Hindusm and Buddhism, polygamy is discarded even so it was been practised before. In India and China, it was a regular practise about 100 years ago (which is very recent to some).

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-7-2004 10:02 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by DARSITA at 2004-7-17 06:37 AM:
Copy & paste from:- http://www.iiie.net/Articles/Ayesha.html

Most of it been refuted by this Iranian guy.
:dia: Controversies about the age of Ayesha

Anyway, our MENJ is in agreement with the hadiths which state clearly that Aisha was enggaged with Muhammad when she was 6years old and consummated(sexual intercourse lah) the marriage when she was 9years old.
:dia:  Sahih Bukhari#007.062.064
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64
Narrated 'Aisha:that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

The question was not about her age, since MENJ accepted the hadiths which says Aisha was 9 years old when Muhammad consumated his marriage with her.
The question was " how did MENJ know for sure( as his claim in his article) that Aisha was already in full puberty when she was only 9years old?

There is no answer for the question... let it rest in peace.

[ Last edited by FaithHealer3 on 17-7-2004 at 11:27 AM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 17-7-2004 12:45 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 2004-7-17 09:13 AM:
by DARSITA

In Islam The Qur醤 giving Muslims the right to take four wives.

So you people marry 4 wives because your religion allows it?

That's still not an answer on WHY a man NE ...

Surah 4 verse 3

If ye fear that ye shall not able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not able to deal justly (with them) then only one.... that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice

I have put in bold above the most important part of the verse that Seph pasted.

That is why, in this day and age where there are too few men and women who are steadfastly religious, who are God fearing and are not selfish, polygamy will only do more harm than good. There are of course a few exceptions.

Still, the Muslim man, having indulged in sinful adulterous actvities in this westernised environment that he lives in should repent and marry those women whom he has irresponsibly 'seduced', if they are willing. If they are not willing to be his wife than there is nothing he can do about it but break off the sinful relationship and repent and build his own existing marriage in a responsible manner, according to God's command.

If she/they agree to be his wife/wives, then  he should, after marriage, bear the responsibility of giving them full rights as wives, in every sense of the word.  

Compared to him, his non-Muslim 'adultery prone' counterparts will of course abandon those women and bear no responsibility as a responsible human being should bear or continue leading irresponsible lives in irresponsible life-long adulterous relationship, causing remorse to his own existing family.

Whatever it is...the part of the verse in bold must be the guideline and a reminder fro the God fearing Muslim.

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 17-7-2004 at 12:47 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-7-2004 10:19 PM | Show all posts

Originally posted by KENNKID at 2004-7-17 12:45 PM:
Surah 4 verse 3

Kennkid you are not being truthful. You deliberately hid the important part of the verse... which allows you some loop-holes to have sex out of wedlock.
You left out the right hand posses a.k.a " Ma Malakat Aymanukum" ( debated HERE )
Don't hide the truth about Islam.

Lets see what the Islamic Experts from www.islam-qa.com have to say about Surah Al-Nisa verse 3
Question #10382: Ruling on having intercourse with a slave woman when one has a wife
[quote]
揂nd if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan girls then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four; but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (slaves) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Mat`Roket This user has been deleted
Post time 18-7-2004 12:41 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Seraphim at 16-7-2004 10:31 PM:
Hold on a minute...can someone explain why Prohphet Muhammad can have 9 wives while the others can only have 4???

easy...b cos he can't control his lust which instead control him. he's not fit to be called a prophet. sex maniac is a better name for him ! huh... just imagine 9 wives ! this man is currently serving his sentence in hell eternally, i bet !

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-7-2004 04:39 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Mat`Roket at 2004-7-18 12:41 AM:
easy...b cos he can't control his lust which instead control him. he's not fit to be called a prophet. sex maniac is a better name for him ! huh... just imagine 9 wives ! this man is currently serving his sentence in hell eternally, i bet !

You are jumping into conclusion.

Muhammad had more that 9 wives.

Anyway having many wives is not a big deal. Many ancient powerful people had numerous wives. Poligamy is not really a bad idea.

But still, its not clear, exactly how many wives did prophet Muhammad had in his live time. :hmm:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-7-2004 05:25 AM | Show all posts

From www.islam-qa.com, we know that Rayhaanah bint Sham抩on al-Nadariyyah and Maariyah al-Qibtiyyah, were among his(Muhammad's) concubines.

Maria/Marya/Maariyah/Mariyah are the same person.. gift from Egypt
Rayhaanah/Raihana/Raihanah are the same person... captive of war from Bani Quraiza.

So, the list Darsita gave still not complete.
Hi there let me try one more time okay
  • Khadija bint Khawilad - 40 yrs - twice widowed before
  • Sauda Bint Zama - 50 -Widow
  • Aisha bint Abu Bakr - 9 -
  • Hafsa bint Umar bin Khattab - 22 - Widow
  • Zainab bint Khuzaima - 30 -
  • Umm-I-Salma bint Abu Umaiya - 26 - Widow
  • Zainab Bint Jahash - 38 - Widow
  • Juwaeria Bint Harith - 20 - Widow
  • Umm-I-Habiba bint Abu Sufyan - 36 - Widow
  • Marya Qibtiya bint shamun - 17 -
  • Safia bint Hayi bin Akhtab - 17 - Widow
  • Raihana bint umru bin hanafa -not available
  • Maimuna bint harith - 36 - Widow

Source: The Prophet of Islam, the Ideal Husaband, by Syed Abu Zafar Zain.

This website Islam-
The Most Beautiful Way of Life

says Muhammad had 15 wives in his live time but gave only 13 names.
1.  Khadija Bint Khawilad- Quresh
2.  Sauda Bint Zama-Quresh
3.  Ayesha Siddiqa Bint Abu Bakr-Quresh
4.  Hafsa Bint Umar Bin Khattab-Quresh
5.  Zainab Bint Khuzaima (Umm-ul-Masakin)-Quresh
6.  Umm-i-Salma Bint Abu Umayia-Quresh
7.  Zainab Bint Jahash-Quresh
8.  Juwaeria Bint Harith-Arab
9.  Umm-i-Habiba Bint Abu Sufyan-Quresh
10. Marya Qibtiya Bint Shamun-Egyptian
11. Safia Bint Hayi Bin Aktab-Arab
12. Maimuna Bint Hrith-Arab
13. Raihana Bint Umru Bin Hanafa-Arab

And this website The Philosophy of Marriages of Prophet Muhammad (SAWA) says Muhammad had 13 wives.
(1) Kahdijah
(2) Sawdah            
(3) A抜shah         
(4) Umm-Salamah            
(5) Hafsah            
(6) Zaynab bint-Khuzaymah        
(7) Zaynab bint-Jabsh            
(8) Umm-Habibah (Ramla)           
(9) Maymunah            
(10) Zaynab bint-慤mais         
(11) Juwayriyah            
(12) Safiyah            
(13) Khawlah bint-Hakim  

some names keep changing :hmm:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-7-2004 06:07 AM | Show all posts

From another muslim website...Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
The Prophet also arranged to marry two other ladies, but the marriage in each case was not consummated. He divorced both women before the consummation of the marriage. The first was Asmaa bint Al-Nu'man, whom he discovered to be suffering from leprosy. He gave her generous gifts before sending her back to her people. The other was Amrah bint Yazeed. She became a Muslim a very short period before her marriage to the Prophet (PBUH). When she arrived at Madinah and saw the Prophet, she appealed to Allah for refuge from the Prophet. The Prophet (PBUH) then sent her back to her people.

So, another are 2 more wives... names Asmaa and Amrah... :hmm:

Use magic Report

Post time 18-7-2004 06:01 PM | Show all posts
VERDICT OF HISTORY

Unbiased historians, both Muslims and Christians, are agreed that the number of marriages contracted by the Prophet of Islam was not as a result of lust or to satisfy the sexual desires. If this had been the case, he would not have married the twice widowed Khadijah, 40 years old, at the youthful age of 25 when one is full of emotion and sexual urge. Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) lived together with his first (and, at that time, only) wife, Khadijah happily for 26 years with great mutual affection, despite the fact that young and beautiful girls of Arabia were easily available to him and were keen to be married to the Prophet. Not even once, during that period, did the Prophet take another wife. Undoubtedly he would have at least considered another younger wife simultaneously with Khadijah if he ever suffered from lust and fondness of young women, particularly when the country's customs wholly approved unlimited marriages.

CRITICS DUMBFOUNDED

Let us look at the life history of the Prophet of Islam. During the prime of his life, he remained satisfied with an aged and twice-widowed wife, and did not even think of another. Then during the last ten years of his life, after passing the age of fifty, in his old age, when he was surrounded by various difficult problems of the newly-born Islamic State, he started marrying a number of wives.

Ask these Christian writers why this phenomenon? What logical answer can these critics give to this amazing question? Was it not a difficult exercise and heavy burden to marry widows and support their orphans? Was it easy for a perfectly dignified man in the person of Muhammad (s.a.w.) to marry women of different outlook, characters and tribes, including some of much younger age who were still unaware of the full responsibilities of life?

Let us ponder over the reply to these questions as given by a famous western historian, Thomas Carlyle in his book ''Heroes and Heroes Worship". He says in effect that contrary to what his enemies accuse him, Muhammad was never lusty and sexualist and that it was a slander only out of prejudice against him and this indeed is a great injustice. John Devenport says, "and it may then be asked, is it likely that a very sensual man, of a country where polygamy was a common practice, should be contented fo twenty five years with one wife, she being fifteen years older than himself."

LIST OF WIVES OF THE PROPHET OF ISLAM

After the death of his first wife, Khadijah, he married upto twelve wives in this order:-

(1) Sawdah
(2) 'A'ishah
(3) Umm-Salamah
(4) Hafsah
(5) Zaynab bin -Khuzaymah
(6) Zaynab bint-Jabsh
(7) Umm-Habibah (Ramla)
(8) Maymunah
(9) Zaynab bint-'Umais
(10) Juwayriyah
(11) Safiyah
(12) Khawlah bint-Hakim

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~azma/ProphetsMarriages.htm

Use magic Report

Post time 19-7-2004 12:42 AM | Show all posts
Contrary to what Kennkid claims, the only reason any man would have 9 wives, including a child is sexual perversion.

Mo's first wife was a rich woman whom Mo owed his rise from minority to power. The fact that he never married until after she died showed that Mo was socially contracted to her in view of the power she gave him thru the marriage. It was Khatijah who kept him in check. The real reason behind his monogamy to Khatijah was becuase they had a Christian marriage.  Of course, Mo broke all moorings from what was expected of him after Khatijah his sugar mommy & sex partner died. How else could anyone explain the need for Mo to have so many wives at all and the inconsistent behavior but lust and greed? How could a man who alledgely had sex with all 9 wives in one night not be lusty?

Had Mo been truely interested in the welfare of women, marriage to him would not have been a criteria for their welfare.

[ Last edited by Debmey on 19-7-2004 at 10:39 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 19-7-2004 10:33 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2004-7-19 12:42 AM:
Contrary to what Kennkid claims, the only reason any man would have 9 wives, including a child is sexual perversion.

Mo's first wife was a rich woman whom Mo owed his rise from minority to power ...

That is a pervert's point of view.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-7-2004 10:37 AM | Show all posts
Some critics of Islam, either because they are not aware of the facts about the marriages of the Prophet Muhammad, upon him be peace, or because they are not honest and objective about those facts, have reviled the Prophet as a self-indulgent libertine.

They have accused him of character failings which are hardly compatible with being of average virtue, let alone with being a prophet and God抯 last Messenger and the best model for all mankind to follow.

However, if the facts are simply recounted-and they are easily available from scores of biographies and well-authenticated accounts of his sayings and actions-it becomes clear that the Prophet lived the most strictly disciplined life, that his marriages were a part of that discipline, a part of the many, many burdens that he bore as God抯 last Messenger.

http://www.fethullahgulen.org/questions/questions12.html

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-7-2004 10:42 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 2004-7-19 10:33 AM:

That is a pervert's point of view.

Thats the most logical take on this thing. And the most logical thing is that Mo was perverted to say the least. Why would a faithful & spiritual man need to many wives and concubines? Have sex w 9 wives in one night? Was it necessary for him to rape captive wopmen as well and have sex with a 9 year old? Come on kennkid, yu have been deceived.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-7-2004 10:54 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2004-7-19 10:42 AM:

Thats the most logical take on this thing. And the most logical thing is that Mo was perverted to say the least. Why would a faithful & spiritual man need to many wives and concub ...

You can read it in the url given to you (above). Stop repeating and repeating and repeating about the same thing...Darsita is right about you.

"The reasons behind the Prophet抯 several marriages are various, but even in the privateness of some of those reasons, they all had to do with his role as the leader of the new Muslim ummah, guiding his people towards the norms and values of Islam. In the following pages we shall try to explain some of those reasons and, in so doing, demonstrate that the charges levelled against the Prophet on this count are as vile and indecent as they are utterly false....."

Use magic Report

Post time 19-7-2004 11:24 AM | Show all posts
I don't see any reason why a spiritual man who was supposedly a model for kmankind would need more than one wife. There is just no justification.
Thats why all yu can do is to cut and paste while not being able to answer to teh logical questions ad facts brought up by me.
You are indeed blinded kennkid. Its still not too late my fre.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-7-2004 11:38 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2004-7-19 11:24 AM:
I don't see any reason why a spiritual man who was supposedly a model for kmankind would need more than one wife. There is just no justification.
Thats why all yu can do is to cut and paste while  ...

Anyone who is a believer and practices Islam and the Muslim way of life: prayers, fasting, and the other 3 pillars of Islam and tries his/her best to follow the livelihood of the holy prophet to his/her best will know for certain that what those who disbelieve/those who do not practise Islam say about the prophet (as exemplified by the likes of Debmey) is altogether absurd and impossible.

You can influence the disbelievers and those who are weak, but not those who hold to the religion of Islam steadfastly. So, you can consider yourself and your exercise a failure for it CAN NEVER & WILL NEVER be able to influence the group that you really target - the practitioners of Islam, insyaAllah

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 19-7-2004 at 11:47 AM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

10-6-2024 11:34 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.079793 second(s), 45 queries .