ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Oreng

Muslim will win the World Cup 2006

[Copy link]
Post time 6-7-2006 03:52 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by FaithHealer3 at 7/5/06 06:47 PM

allowed not allowed muslim do gamble

one of my muslim friend just lost to me RM100.. thanks to Zizou

With or without law people commit murder. The law against murder is bad than? (I'm not talking about any specific country or religion. That law is pretty much practised everywhere.)

And how is your response a good one for what he said? He's reminding his brother against doing something wrong (based on his religion).

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-7-2006 06:02 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by FaithHealer3 at 6-7-2006 12:16 PM

all muslims gamble.

money is not the only issue when gambling.

Are you talking about making a selection on something as taking a gamble. Gambling or betting that is sinful is when put yourself in direct harm. It either involve money losses, life etc. Gambling derives from the English word of game between two or more that involves wealth etc.

Read this to understand about what gambling is in Islam:

Before the advent of Islam, like other many-sided evils, gambling was also on the increase. The Arabian society, ignorant and illiterate as it was, had fallen a prey to this evil. Gambling fairs were held, and rich and poor took part in them according to their means. Drinking bouts were also held. People tried their fortunes for many days. Many times these gatherings which began with drinking and gambling ended in fights and riots. Besides Arabia, many other countries had also come within this vicious circle.

In the Roman, Egyptian and Greek culture, gambling was not only not disapproved, but it was regarded as a mark of one's opulence. Even cultures permeated by religion did not realise the great evils hidden in gambling.

The Jewish and Christian civilisations also flourished. But history shows that they were not successful in rooting out this evil. They even failed to arouse public opinion against it. In proof of this, we can cite the example of Monte Carlo, the greatest gambling House in England.

When Islam came, it described the evils of gambling in the most effective language and prohibited it for the Muslims.

"O you who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, sacrificing to stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination- of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that you may prosper."
[5:90]

Gambling is mentioned in the Quran, alongside drinking alcohol as an abomination, a sin, and a grave harm to mankind. It was made clear that prosperity does not come through gambling. That gambling, among many other things, causes families to break, societies to suffer, and the economy to deteriorate, damaging and ruining the ethical foundation of any decent society.

If the Qur'an is studied, it will become clear, that like alcohol, since the Arabs had been habituated to gambling for a long period of time, God revealed His Commandments regarding its prohibition only gradually. In the Qur'an the first verse regarding gambling is found in surah al-Baqarah (The Cow);

"They ask you concerning wine and gambling. Say: 'In them is great sin, and some profit, for men; but the sin is greater than the profit.'"
[2:219]

This verse did not clearly condemn and prohibit gambling. It was only said that sometimes the gambler gains money without any effort, but its moral evil is so great that a few material advantages are of no account. In the Traditions (ahadith), it is recorded that when this verse was revealed, many Muslims totally gave up wine and gambling without waiting for the command of their prohibition to come later on in the gradual process. They quickly realised that something which is predominantly disadvantageous cannot meet with the approval of Islam.

It was made clearer the position of Islam on gambling though another verse;
" O who you believe! Intoxicants (e.g. alcohol) and gambling and idols and (lottery by) arrows are an abomination of Satan抯 work, so avoid them so that you may get salvation. Satan's only desire is to create among you enmity and hatred by means of intoxicants and gambling and stop you from praying and remembering Allah. Will you not then stop?"
[Surah Ma'idah; 5:90,91]

It is a basic principle of Islam that man must not take that which he has not earned or worked for, as well as fairness and justice. Indeed, the word "gambling" in the Quran's Arabic language is derived from a root word that literally means "easy," and "something attained with no effort."

[ Last edited by  Laxamana. at 6-7-2006 06:05 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2006 09:05 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by BeanDiesel at 6-7-2006 03:52 PM

With or without law people commit murder. The law against murder is bad than? (I'm not talking about any specific country or religion. That law is pretty much practised everywhere.)

And how  ...

Gambling is not against the law. In fact in Malaysia gambling is legal.. just that goverment must get its share  

and gambling is not a bad thing.. it creates excitement. Soccer without bets are just boring.

Anyway, anything done to the extreme is bad. Even medicine that suppose to cure, can kill is over-done.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2006 09:37 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 6-7-2006 02:22 PM
If money is not the issue,  which gamble are you talking about?

You walk along the rail track you are gambling with your life...in that sense all human beings gamble if they do the same..

Everyone gambles including muslims. just that muslims are hypocrites.. cakap tak serupa bikin

I am talking about gains or loss coming in engaging in activities that depend on chances.. i never seen a muslim turn down an easy gain coming from lucky draws.

Sports is another game of chance.. for example soccer.. its a game of chances. You gamble when you play... either you win or you lose.

and also

taking chances with your live.. sitting in a car, either driver or just being a passenger is also gambling..  car accidents kills more lives than guns and bomb in malaysia.. obviously you gamble with your live whenever you travel in a car or a motorbike.

[ Last edited by  FaithHealer3 at 6-7-2006 10:34 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2006 09:40 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Laxamana. at 6-7-2006 06:02 PM

Indeed, the word "gambling" in the Quran's Arabic language is derived from a root word that literally means "easy," and "something attained with no effort."

Well thats makes nearly all the muslim government employees confirmed gamblers.. i mean they earn easy money for WORK NOT DONE.

[ Last edited by  FaithHealer3 at 6-7-2006 09:42 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-7-2006 12:56 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by FaithHealer3 at 6-7-2006 09:05 PM

Gambling is not against the law. In fact in Malaysia gambling is legal.. just that goverment must get its share  

and gambling is not a bad thing.. it creates excitement. Soccer without b ...

again..u are talking about law..
lu tak tau malu ka atheist ?
pergi belajar lagek lar kalau mau cerita law.. :nerd:

contoh yg sama bila Islam kata haram minum arak...tapi masih ramai orang yg mengaku beragama Islam yg minum..
ataupun dalam kedai 4-D tulis amaran "Judi adalah haram..."...tapi ramai jugak yg berjudi..
dan semua perkara yg dah jelas dan tak perlu dijelaskan..

let me remind u again..there are 2 kind of law in Malaysia..
- a good Muslim will follow Syariah Law regarding this matter..PERIOD
- for a rotten Muslim...they will follow your kind of law..secular one

so, terpulang pada diri masing2..
yg merasa diri beragama..
yg percaya pertemuan dengan Tuhannya..
tak payah lar ikut undang2 buatan manusia..

erkk ayat di atas tu tak tertakluk untuk orang2 yg bertuhankan duit dan material cam ko..
okay muzzies ? :nerd:

[ Last edited by  karengkang at 7-7-2006 01:02 AM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 7-7-2006 10:42 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by FaithHealer3 at 7/6/06 05:05 AM

i didn't say gambling is against federal law, did i?

back to my question to you. why was your response a good one for juwaini's comment? i still don't get it.

[ Last edited by  BeanDiesel at 6-7-2006 06:46 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-7-2006 11:11 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by karengkang at 7-7-2006 12:56 AM
again..u are talking about law..
lu tak tau malu ka atheist ?
pergi belajar lagek lar kalau mau cerita law.. :nerd:

engkau yg tak tau malu lah. mangkuk.. berlagak macam teror dlm law tapi simple law pun tak tau. lain kali diam ajelah tak payah malukan diri sendiri.

yg kena belakar tu engkau lah mangkuk.
let me remind u again..there are 2 kind of law in Malaysia..
- a good Muslim will follow Syariah Law regarding this matter..PERIOD
- for a rotten Muslim...they will follow your kind of law..secular one
Worng.

not rotton muslim but all muslims have to follow civil law.. in addition to the stupid shariah law.

tak payah lar ikut undang2 buatan manusia..

Memang engkau ni "kurang pandai".. suka tak suka, you kena ikut undang2 buatan manusia. Kalo tidak you akan masuk lokap.. buatan manusia juga.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-7-2006 11:14 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by BeanDiesel at 7-7-2006 10:42 AM
back to my question to you. why was your response a good one for juwaini's comment? i still don't get it.

I'm sorry.. i don't know what question you are refering to.. what comment of juwaini?

Use magic Report

Post time 7-7-2006 11:22 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by FaithHealer3 at 7/6/06 07:14 PM

I'm sorry.. i don't know what question you are refering to.. what comment of juwaini?

weedkiller: eh good la this oreng dude! france won and i got my extra buckeroos!

juwaini: hey dude, gambling is not allowed

you: allowed not allowed muslim do gamble
        one of my muslim friend just lost to me RM100.. thanks to Zizou

me: With or without law people commit murder. The law against murder is bad than? (I'm not talking about any specific country or religion. That law is pretty much practised everywhere.)
And how is your response a good one for what he said? He's reminding his brother against doing something wrong (based on his religion).

You: Gambling is not against the law. In fact in Malaysia gambling is legal.. just that goverment must get its share  
and gambling is not a bad thing.. it creates excitement. Soccer without bets are just boring.

Let's go over it one by one.
so, back to what you said to juwaini earlier. what were u trying to say when u said "allowed not allowed muslim do gamble"?

Use magic Report

Post time 7-7-2006 12:21 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by BeanDiesel at 7-7-2006 11:22 AM
Let's go over it one by one.
so, back to what you said to juwaini earlier. what were u trying to say when u said "allowed not allowed muslim do gamble"?

Yeap, its true muslims do gamble. Its no secret.

juwaini once claimed that he is a forex trader. He should know playing forex is also gambling.. and he is advicing against gambling.. thats hypocrisy.

LOL

Use magic Report

Post time 7-7-2006 12:59 PM | Show all posts

confirmed by Ulama

confirm Muslims in M'sia consume a lot alcohol and gamble RM4 b as year.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-7-2006 01:56 PM | Show all posts
perhaps you guys fail to understand what juwaini meant. he did not say that there's no muslims involved in gambling. he was reminding somebody that it is not allowed in Islam. they are very very different.

it's fine to attack at every chance, but make sure you have a sound argument.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-7-2006 02:15 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by BeanDiesel at 7-7-2006 01:56 PM
perhaps you guys fail to understand what juwaini meant. he did not say that there's no muslims involved in gambling. he was reminding somebody that it is not allowed in Islam. they are very very di ...

i know what he meant.. just like i know oreng's cut&paste article says.

muhammad not allowing gambling in islam does not prevent muslims from gambling. Because its in human nature to gamble.

my point is simple, gambling itself is not bad. just like alcohol or interest. Its when abused by people only then does it becomes bad.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-7-2006 02:41 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by FaithHealer3 at 7-7-2006 02:15 PM
i know what he meant.. just like i know oreng's cut&paste article says.
What ? Lying is a sin.... oh your god already forgave you. Show me which post # is my cut and paste article ?

Use magic Report

Post time 7-7-2006 03:33 PM | Show all posts
errr france will win this year, not becoz they are 2 muslims in the team (thierry muslim? viera muslim? errr doubt it), but becoz they are simply better footballers than italians..heh heh

allez les bleus

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-7-2006 03:33 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by FaithHealer3 at 7-7-2006 12:21 PM

Yeap, its true muslims do gamble. Its no secret.

juwaini once claimed that he is a forex trader. He should know playing forex is also gambling.. and he is advicing against gambling.. thats  ...

playing forex is a gambling? lol:lol
did u really know what forex is all about before u make that accusation?
it's so funny here

Use magic Report

Post time 7-7-2006 06:21 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by juwaini at 7-7-2006 03:33 PM
playing forex is a gambling? lol:lol
did u really know what forex is all about before u make that accusation?
it's so funny here

Of course i know about forex. I was involve once in it. YES it is a game of chances.

No matter how much you predict, you can go wrong.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-7-2006 06:22 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Oreng at 7-7-2006 02:41 PM
What ? Lying is a sin.... oh your god already forgave you. Show me which post # is my cut and paste article ?

I'm sorry oreng. I mistook your ID with Laxamana's ID.. i was refering to his post#62..

anyhow.. i was not saying anything about lying. i was saying i understood the article posted by Laxamana.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-7-2006 09:04 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by FaithHealer3 at 7-7-2006 06:21 PM
Of course i know about forex. I was involve once in it. YES it is a game of chances.
No matter how much you predict, you can go wrong.

game of chance is different with gamble..
to gamble, u don't need education..
but that's not the case with forex..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

10-6-2024 08:51 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.101583 second(s), 43 queries .