CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: 13Friday

You call that Islamic weddings for lust?

[Copy link]
Post time 8-7-2006 03:49 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 8-7-2006 03:46 PM
there's rationality for everything that God did...

that is god in you saying that.

God doesn't play with dice, dude
even a jews named einstein approve that

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 8-7-2006 03:59 PM | Show all posts

juwaini

you throw dice every where and every day.

so you are saying God allows polygamy for a good reason?

your own laws.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-7-2006 04:00 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 8-7-2006 03:59 PM
you throw dice every where and every day.

so you are saying God allows polygamy for a good reason?

your own laws.

so u want to say that God allows polygamy for NO good reason?
that's weird :hmm:
lol

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-7-2006 04:11 PM | Show all posts

different standards to fit the problems

trying to solve some weird problems by using more problematic methods.

misfired!!!!!!!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 8-7-2006 05:04 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 8-7-2006 04:11 PM
trying to solve some weird problems by using more problematic methods.

misfired!!!!!!!!!

hahahahaha... lol:lol
ridicule urself..
try using easier english for us to understand..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-7-2006 08:22 AM | Show all posts

one man and a woman

Originally posted by juwaini at 8-7-2006 05:04 PM

hahahahaha... lol:lol
ridicule urself..
try using easier english for us to understand..

that is enough of problems at time for one man and a woman.

when more women come in , more problems lah.

polygamy is a lost gamble and game  for silly lusty people only.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 9-7-2006 08:24 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 9-7-2006 08:22 AM

when more women come in , more problems lah.

polygamy is a lost gamble and game  for silly lusty people only.

did u know that prophet david practised polygamy?
u said that ur prophet is also a lusty one?
ANSWER THIS..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-7-2006 08:30 AM | Show all posts

read the Bible properly

Originally posted by juwaini at 9-7-2006 08:24 AM

did u know that prophet david practised polygamy?
u said that ur prophet is also a lusty one?
ANSWER THIS..

david paid heavily for that sin.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-7-2006 09:02 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 9-7-2006 08:30 AM

david paid heavily for that sin.

How about Solomon who had 1000 wives?.

Use magic Report

eddom This user has been deleted
Post time 9-7-2006 01:17 PM | Show all posts
well, question, what happen if ( i mean if), we have 1000 man and 1200 women, all women married 800 of the man (some is 1, some is 2 or 3 or4)... what happen to the 200 of man?? waiting for war ?

Use magic Report

Post time 9-7-2006 01:56 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 9-7-2006 08:22 AM

The world was never free of problem, before, now, and later.

We can close our eyes or run from it. But reality out there exist.

We got men-women problems since Adam, solutions needed, although we thought that weird because we never encounter that problem, we like to think in ideal way, how beautiful a man with a woman only, I couldnt agree more, and I hope I only marry one woman for my entire life, giving my full love only for her.

But out there world wasn't always perfect, we can't be selfish, however frankly, even me can't do much, I'm still selfish. I still want to share my love with one woman only, couldnt help those widows/orphan. So I'm sorry.

But those who can be fair and capable can do so In Islam, but some do that for another reason, it wasn't wrong as long as he can be fair to all wives.

One man one woman is perfect, but it didn't offer solutions as well.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

bob This user has been deleted
Post time 10-7-2006 06:58 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by eddom at 9-7-2006 01:17 PM
well, question, what happen if ( i mean if), we have 1000 man and 1200 women, all women married 800 of the man (some is 1, some is 2 or 3 or4)... what happen to the 200 of man?? waiting for war ?

very simplistic minds.

marriage is about love (and sex). you marry the person you want to. i would find it a bit disconcerting that 1200 women can only loves 800 men. what's wrong with the other 200 men?

by assuming that 1200 will marry 800 men, you are very dictatorial. how could you force 800 to marry 1200? whilst islam allows polygamy up to 4, it was and never will be forced. its up to the man and the ladies.

and so the men have to upgrade and develop themselves in order to ensure that they have a mate, if not they may end up not amrrying at all. isnt that a good scheme?

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2006 12:49 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by eastrun at 8-7-2006 08:48 AM

Like I said before...you will see the goodness of polygamy. Solomon got thousands of wives..yet you never talked about him. Just because Jesus was not married, you tried to say Islam teaching(p ...

If you read the Bible, you will realise that God was against Solomon's polygamy too. Not once in the Bible did God tell anyone to have more than one wife.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2006 12:55 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by kid at 9-7-2006 01:56 PM
The world was never free of problem, before, now, and later.

Islam makes it worst with this practice of polygamy.

But out there world wasn't always perfect, we can't be selfish, however frankly, even me can't do much, I'm still selfish. I still want to share my love with one woman only, couldnt help those widows/orphan. So I'm sorry.

Not true. You can still help poor widwows w/o having sex with them.
If the reason for having 4 wives was to help widows, why not Islam restrict wives 2, 3 and 4 to widows only?

But those who can be fair and capable can do so In Islam, but some do that for another reason, it wasn't wrong as long as he can be fair to all wives.

You can be fair with money because it can be equally divided. But how can you be fair with love?
Even Mo himself cannot be fair in this respect and failed. He had a favourite wife in Aisha and she ceratinly wasn't a widwo, she was 6 years old and he had sex with her when she was only 9 years old.

One man one woman is perfect, but it didn't offer solutions as well.

One man 4 women created even more problems.

Use magic Report

samerosie This user has been deleted
Post time 10-7-2006 01:08 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 10-7-2006 12:49 PM

Not once in the Bible did God tell anyone to have more than one wife.

2Sa 12:7 And Nathan said to David, Thou [art] the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;  

2Sa 12:8 And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if [that had been] too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.  

He gave David many wives and that was right in the god's eyes 1 Kings 15:5.  God only rebuked David for wanting another man's wife.

He also gave Abraham, Jacob, Moses more than one wives, if not he would've have not chosen them to be his messengers.  In fact, he let Jacob wrestled with him and Moses see him.  Never once he told them having more than one wives was wrong.

Use magic Report

bob This user has been deleted
Post time 10-7-2006 01:16 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by samerosie at 10-7-2006 01:08 PM

2Sa 12:7 And Nathan said to David, Thou  the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;  

2Sa 12:8 And I gave the ...

debsie, you have a different version of the bibles? hope not.

anyway, why are you so mcp? why is fairness is only from the male? shouldnt we also allow the women to make her choice? and if her choice is to marry a married man, who are you to say no? if it benefits her, her family and her future kids, your dictating of her is wrong. its communist, fascist or better yet nazi.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-7-2006 02:11 PM | Show all posts
Er.. where did those verses say anything about God endorsing polygamy?

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2006 02:20 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by samerosie at 10-7-2006 01:08 PM
2Sa 12:7 And Nathan said to David, Thou [art] the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;  

2Sa 12:8 And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if [that had been] too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.  

It didn't say God made those wives of Saul David did it? The real translation is not bosom but arms.

He gave David many wives and that was right in the god's eyes 1 Kings 15:5.  God only rebuked David for wanting another man's wife.

1 king 15:5 didn't say that at all. Would you mind posting that verse here?

He also gave Abraham, Jacob, Moses more than one wives, if not he would've have not chosen them to be his messengers.  In fact, he let Jacob wrestled with him and Moses see him.  Never once he told them having more than one wives was wrong.

Er... where is it in the Bible did it say that those wives or polygamy was endorsed by God?

Use magic Report

samerosie This user has been deleted
Post time 10-7-2006 03:44 PM | Show all posts
It didn't say God made those wives of Saul David did it? The real translation is not bosom but arms.

Why don't you just read 2 Samuel instead of just blowing bubbles Deb.  God sent Nathan to David to rebuke him wanting Uriah's wife and killing Uriah for her.  God said through Nathan to David that god had given David everything, to become a king, wives etc

Arms or bosoms or keeping, you know what it mean.  They became David's wives or else the god wouldn't have rebuked him by saying

2Sa 12:11   Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give [them] unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

Why do you need for me to post the verse here?  You never read the bible yourself?  Nevertheless;

1Ki 15:4 Nevertheless for David's sake did the LORD his God give him a lamp in Jerusalem, to set up his son after him, and to establish Jerusalem:  

1Ki 15:5 Because David did [that which was] right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any [thing] that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.  

Er... where is it in the Bible did it say that those wives or polygamy was endorsed by God?

Remember ah, this is Moses writing the OT

Exd 21:10 If he take him another [wife]; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

Deu 21:15 If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, [both] the beloved and the hated; and [if] the firstborn son be hers that was hated:  

Remember ah, Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the Law, not a stroke or a pen will dissapear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Abraham, Jacob, Moses, David, Solomon all had more than one wives.  These are the righteous people that god had chosen.  Do you think if god had not endorsed polygamy, god  would've chosen these people to be a good example to all people.  

Mat 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?.....

God is god, if you consider him perfect, do you think he could've EASILY chosen a better candidate as his messenger ie man with only one wife? Among his prophets there were also who were monogamous and celibate.  Can we assume that all Christians should be celibate just because Jesus Christ was a celibate?  No, because god said it's not good for men to be alone.  

Polygamy was banned by the church, not god.  St. Augustine (the most important figures in the development of Western Christianity) wrote in The Good of Marriage (chapter 15, paragraph 17),  "Now indeed in our time, and in keeping with Roman custom, it is no longer allowed to take another wife, so as to have more than one wife living [emphasis added]."

It is the writings of the early church fathers like the above that make up the do's and don'ts of Christians today.

Up to the creation of Israel in 1948, Orient Jews who migrated into that country had more than one wives that Israel had to make a provision for this.  Again, a man banned polygamy, not god in Judaism.  

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary. ... RabbenuGershom.html

In the 11th century, Rabbenu Gershom, in a major amendment to Jewish tradition, prohibited the practice of marrying more than one wife.  It is believed that the amendment was an effort to prevent anti-Semitism. There was a fear that Christian men would convert to Judaism in order to have more than one wife, and then the Church would feel threatened and fight Judaism. The law achieved its purpose of preventing a rise in conversion and resulting anti-Semitism, and it also held over time".

Can you tell me in the bible where does it say polygamy was not endorsed by god?  If you are against polygamy Deb, you have the right as a human to feel so, but don't use god's name in vain to chastise others OK.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2006 05:05 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by samerosie at 10-7-2006 03:44 PM
Why don't you just read 2 Samuel instead of just blowing bubbles Deb.  God sent Nathan to David to rebuke him wanting Uriah's wife and killing Uriah for her.  God said through Nathan to David that god had given David everything, to become a king, wives etc

God made him king, but Nathan did not say God endorsed polygamy nor did he say that David was supposed to take Saul's wives as his. You distorted teh meaning of those scriptures.

Arms or bosoms or keeping, you know what it mean.  They became David's wives or else the god wouldn't have rebuked him by saying

2Sa 12:11   Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give [them] unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

Again, where did it say that polygfamy was endorsed by God.
Nathan was merely pronouncing a judgment or punishment.
Its like God saying to a thief that all your stolen possessions will be taken away by your enemy. That does not mean God endorse the stealing in the first place.

QUOTE:
Why do you need for me to post the verse here?  You never read the bible yourself?  Nevertheless;

1Ki 15:4 Nevertheless for David's sake did the LORD his God give him a lamp in Jerusalem, to set up his son after him, and to establish Jerusalem:  

1Ki 15:5 Because David did [that which was] right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any [thing] that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.

So where did it say that God endorsed polygamy?

Exd 21:10 If he take him another [wife]; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

Again, you must see the context of that verse. It links to providence for a first wife. God did tolerate polygamy but he never endorsed it as a good act throughout the Bible. And if you read the entire Bible, the act of polygamy was never encouraged but scorn upon by God.

Deu 21:15 If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, [both] the beloved and the hated; and [if] the firstborn son be hers that was hated:  .

Again no endorsement.
Its like a man needs to pay alimony to his divorsed wife under law butr that does not mean the law encourage or endorse divorce in the first place. Its the same logic. If you read teh Bible, no where did God command anyopne to have more than one wife, try it.

Remember ah, Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the Law, not a stroke or a pen will dissapear from the Law until everything is accomplished..

Exactly. And the law never endorsed polygamy.

Abraham, Jacob, Moses, David, Solomon all had more than one wives.  These are the righteous people that god had chosen.  Do you think if god had not endorsed polygamy, god  would've chosen these people to be a good example to all people.  

Righteous people you say?
Their sins were exposed in the Bible. The Bible is open about it. Haven't you read the Bible? Didn't you just quote verses about David committing sin? What is your definiytion of righteous?
BTW, Abraham never committed polygamy in the Bible. Hagar was not his legitimate wife. Read teh Bible carefully again.

Mat 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?.....

God is god, if you consider him perfect, do you think he could've EASILY chosen a better candidate as his messenger ie man with only one wife? Among his prophets there were also who were monogamous and celibate.  Can we assume that all Christians should be celibate just because Jesus Christ was a celibate?  No, because god said it's not good for men to be alone.  

God is perfect, but not men. And thats the message of the Bible. Thats why the sins of men were exposed in the Bible, Abraham, Isaac, Jacod, David, you name it.

Polygamy was banned by the church, not god.  St. Augustine (the most important figures in the development of Western Christianity) wrote in The Good of Marriage (chapter 15, paragraph 17),  "Now indeed in our time, and in keeping with Roman custom, it is no longer allowed to take another wife, so as to have more than one wife living [emphasis added]."

It is the writings of the early church fathers like the above that make up the do's and don'ts of Christians today.

Up to the creation of Israel in 1948, Orient Jews who migrated into that country had more than one wives that Israel had to make a provision for this.  Again, a man banned polygamy, not god in Judaism.  

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary. ... RabbenuGershom.html

In the 11th century, Rabbenu Gershom, in a major amendment to Jewish tradition, prohibited the practice of marrying more than one wife.  It is believed that the amendment was an effort to prevent anti-Semitism. There was a fear that Christian men would convert to Judaism in order to have more than one wife, and then the Church would feel threatened and fight Judaism. The law achieved its purpose of preventing a rise in conversion and resulting anti-Semitism, and it also held over time".

Can you tell me in the bible where does it say polygamy was not endorsed by god?  If you are against polygamy Deb, you have the right as a human to feel so, but don't use god's name in vain to chastise others OK.

The New Testament instruction for ministers is that 揳 bishop must then be blameless, the husband of one wife

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

11-6-2024 12:32 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.095473 second(s), 46 queries .