Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 8602|Reply: 43

Khaled Hosseini

[Copy link]
Post time 16-6-2007 01:04 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Just habis baca this book a few nights ago.  Totalling engrossing.  Unputdownable.  Cerita pasal afghanistan sebelum dan selepas russia dan taliban dari pengalaman seorang survivor.  Makes you insaf you live distants away from these madness.  I read it in my kids bed next to them while reading most of the bbok.  I cannot imagine having the same thing happening to my children.  The author mentioned that afghanistan is a country with a lot of children but there is not childhood in that country.  It is sad.  I feel like I need to do more to to help these innocent children.  Lepas ni nak sambung dengan 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' pulak.

[ Last edited by  mardhiah12 at 17-9-2007 10:07 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-6-2007 06:42 PM | Show all posts
Hehe.
Menarik.
NOvel kedua tu pun baru kuar.
Mesti mahal neh?
Beli kat mana?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-6-2007 01:08 AM | Show all posts

Reply #2 Jiddin's post

I am a cheapskate...never buys a hardcover.  tunggu softcover keluar baru beli.  Anyway, I'm in the U.S.  I get most of my reading fix from the local BORDER BOOKS.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-6-2007 10:58 AM | Show all posts
First, I don't like the ending. Too predictable.

Second, I don't like the way that the author portrays Taliban's leader. Appear to be real but not real.

Finally, this thing will happen to our children. We are on the verge of Armageddon, Starship Troopers and Transformers.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 19-6-2007 02:11 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Ameenya at 19-6-2007 10:58 AM
First, I don't like the ending. Too predictable.

Second, I don't like the way that the author portrays Taliban's leader. Appear to be real but not real.

Finally, this thing will happen to o ...

the first half part of the book is definitely better..

..on the 'verge'?

Use magic Report

Post time 19-6-2007 03:13 PM | Show all posts

Reply #5 periwinkle..'s post

If you like Kite Runner, may be you will like Saman, http://www.baliadvertiser.biz/articles/tokobuku/2006/saman.html

You know, Kite Runner pasal Afghanistan, Saman pasal Indonesia.

I am not sure why I feel that both book macam interconnected, however, somehow, I tak sempat habiskan Saman because.. masa tu ada Shrek kat television.

Well, who cannot resist the temptation of Puss in Boots..

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 21-6-2007 06:47 PM | Show all posts
aku baca review dua2 buku hosseini ni cam bagus je...nanti aku gi library pinjam rasanya hari tu ada nampak buku dia....lepas baca baru leh cerita

Use magic Report

Post time 24-6-2007 08:44 AM | Show all posts
Just bought this book last nite. But i'm not sure when i'll start reading though, i have so many on the waiting list   but hardly have the time

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-9-2007 12:43 PM | Show all posts
dah baca, as i said kat board kat bawah, cerita dia senang, ayat pun senang, yes ending pun predictable. Tapi part Taliban tu, kalau betul, memang kejam la dorang tu

am reading the second book

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-9-2007 12:57 AM | Show all posts
i baru habis thousand splendid suns minggu lepas.  a few times kena put away the book to go and do something happier.  the book is a bit depressing to read for a woman who is blessed with choices like me.    The part where Laila and Maryam tried to leave afghan border and getting dooped by a man who is also as desperate as Laila & Maryam (you would think that having gone through the experience he would have done the opposite!) and then to be sent back to Rasyid so he can beat them to pulp...simply heartbreaking.  I am sure it is hard for some of us to see talibans as oppressors of afghan women.  afghan women may have been oppressed way before taliban came but their leadership for sure didi not make thing any better for the women.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-11-2007 10:09 PM | Show all posts
i read Khaled Hosseini's The Kite Runner after reading Orhan Pamuk's Istanbul. they sort of share the same scenario of life.
its intriguing how different Muslims can be in different parts of the world.
it opened my eyes towards how discriminating/open they can be. it could be both positive and negative.
i find that the euphemism in The Kite Runner is subtle, yet clear. it offered a bit of imagination for us without leaving its details.
anyway, i always enjoy reading stories from intriguing parts of the world.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 31-12-2007 02:48 PM | Show all posts
Tun Mahathir pun baca karya khaled hosseini ni ... huhuhu

Use magic Report

Post time 31-12-2007 05:42 PM | Show all posts
i have another opinion though even though it may be unrelated
pools conducted by UN indicates that 87% of women there, believes that their condition was much better under Taliban regime.
makes one wonder, for sure

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 2-1-2008 10:07 AM | Show all posts

Reply #13 mardhiah12's post

probably women get to stay at home and conceal themselves rather live the modern way of how women had to be equal with men

Use magic Report

Post time 22-1-2008 07:44 PM | Show all posts
the movie: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini is out in movie version!!!

tapi international screens la kot kat mesia.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 26-1-2008 08:13 PM | Show all posts

Reply #15 redsinner's post

i've watched the movie...it's okay to me,tp sesiapa yg sudah membaca buku kite runner ni(mestila akan wat comparison kan),rasanya movie xle lwn buku..buku dia best(well yes,it was predictable and the words were simple..but i totally can feel the emotions, & i cried when i read it..i like the plot)

peliknya aku xnanges langsung masa tgk muvi tu lol.sedeh tu ada la tp xsmpai tahap nanges.they didnt show the struggle for immigration papers/visa/whatnot(and also the suicide attempt)it would have made it more touching(b/c to me it's one of important parts in the book)

& aku da baca a thousand splendid suns.tapi still,aku suka Kite Runner lagi

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-1-2008 02:53 PM | Show all posts

Reply #16 kalchi's post

thanks for the review...

saw your signature. mmg bebetul big fan of Kite Runner  

Use magic Report

Post time 30-1-2008 09:45 AM | Show all posts

Reply #17 redsinner's post

haha..try la tgk movie dia..

Use magic Report

Post time 1-2-2008 04:17 PM | Show all posts

Reply #16 kalchi's post

OMG aku pulak suka gile kat cite tu

tiap kali aku tengok movie tu (yup aku dah tengok lebih dari sepuluh kali), aku akan tengok ekspresi muka bebudak dua orang tu berlakon. memang talented gile, especially Hassan. Pandai betul dia berlakon, aku rasa lagi pandai dari orang tua yang berlakon dalam cite tu.

Tapi memangla, movie ni takleh celen buku. Sebab ada part penting, dia macam buat ringan je, macam part Amir nak buat Hassan jadi macam pencuri jam. Aku setuju dengan komen dalam IMDB, part tu sebenarnya part paling penting, sebab dia adalah part betrayal dan pengubah keseluruhan relationship Hassan dan Amir. Tapi dalam movie tu cam tak berapa menyentuh perasaan sangat.

Excited aku jumpa orang ada tengok movie tu jugak ekekek

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 1-2-2008 08:21 PM | Show all posts

Reply #19 artgeex's post

a'ah...hassan tu mmg pandai blakun..tp amer(budak) xpandai sgt..

pape pon yg a thousand splendid suns tu pn aku nanges gak baca ..bengkak mata aku.aku suka 2nd half of the book,bnyk pasal fwenship mariam & laila

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

21-9-2024 04:42 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.058089 second(s), 36 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.