Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: iansuryani

gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

Close [Copy link]
Gadis_Venus This user has been deleted
Post time 29-5-2007 02:18 PM | Show all posts

Ajay Devgan as Veeru in RGV's Sholay. Photo Credit: TV Grab
As Veeru, Ajay Devgan's biggest challenge in RGV's Sholay would be to draw the laughs from the audience as readily as Dharmendra did in Ramesh Sippy's Sholay. Known to be a prankster in real life, comedy in films is an area where Ajay has yet to make his mark.  Going by the promos, the remake has most of the scenes between Veeru and Basanti that provided comic relief in the original thriller.  Dharmendra was recently asked to comment on the remake and this is how he responded in his inimitable no nonsense style.  "Half the war is won with the title Sholay. If you want to do something bigger than Sholay, why the hell are you keeping the name? They should have given it a different name. I still pray that they make a greater film. And more so because my younger brother Jai is in it."

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-5-2007 02:19 PM | Show all posts
Royal Siblings Saif Ali Khan Pataudi and Soha Ali Khan Pataudi

Saif Ali Khan in a still from Ta Ra Rum Pum.
Saif Ali Khan entered the industry as a star son, the son of actress Sharmila Tagore and Mansoor Ali Khan the Nawab of Pataudi, also a former cricket player. He is also a distant relative of the late Nafisa Joseph, a former Miss India. He had a somewhat lukewarm career playing skirtchasing roles and side parts until a turning point came in Farhan Akhtar抯 Dil Chahta Hai. In the film, he shed his long-haired image for something more befitting a hero and silenced the criticisms he looked too feminine and wasn抰 versatile. After DCH, came lead roles in Kal Ho Na Ho and his first English film Being Cyrus. Khan seems to be riding high professionally, with yet new cinematic frontiers in Eklavya and Omkara. Having won several Filmfare awards, the actor is now seasoned enough to prove himself in more challenging roles.  Khan is unique in his approach to acting and his personal life, making him one of the more candid performers of his time. He neither flaunts his bluebloodedness nor hides it. It was this candor which made him a clear choice for an appearance on Koffee With Karan with sister Soha, where guests are quizzed on topics like favorite stars to things far more personal. The show has become an undeclared confirmation of those most influential in filmi circles, cementing its status with appearances by members of the Kapoor family and the Bachchan family.
The Chote Nawab married and later divorced actress Amrita Singh, mother of his two children Sara and Ibrahim. The union was one of the longer-lasting relationships in the industry. He carried on with girlfriend Italian model Rosa until recently parting ways in the spring of 2007. Amrita Singh meanwhile, returned to acting with the Balaji soap Kavyanjali and other projects. While rumors suggest a reconciliation may be in the offing, no one knows for sure.  No one could have predicted Khan抯 partnership with Singh would crumble after so many years. Nor could they have predicted his rise from a decent actor to one of the industry抯 most desirable stars. One thing about Saif is that he always manages to surprise us. After being admitted to hospital for chest pain in February, Saif has apparently taken time out to be with his children and slow down.  

Soha Ali Khan in a still from Ahista Ahista.
Soha Ali Khan Pataudi, took the back route to stardom, first studying history at England抯 Oxford University, and then working the finance track in Citibank before pursuing acting. Films were always her goal, but as she explained on Koffee With Karan, her father advised her to put her education to use before moving on. Soha shares aristocratic features with brother Saif and mother Sharmila Tagore, (who hails from the same family as author Rabindranath Tagore), but her acting style is all her own. After making a debut in Dil Mange More three years ago, she went on to Bengali film Antar Mahal and Shaadi No. 1. Besides movies, Soha is also the brand ambassador for Globus, a chain of Indian boutiques. The petite star recently did modeling for their spring and summer line. In 2006, she took a small role in Rang de Basanti which changed everything. The movie became a box-office smash and opened new doors for her. Careerwise, the sky is the limit for this attractive young star of the next generation. Her next release will be the film Khoya Khoya Chand.

Soha has not been associated with many costars, preferring to focus on her career and let her work speak for itself. Her appearance on the talk show gave away her ready wit and royal style, as well as the occasional foreign marriage proposal!
Saif and Soha together share a close bond as brother and sister, as well as a strong affection for the industry they choose to be a part of. Both are hardworking actors with a down-to-earth approach to life and critical of the roles which are offered to them. And both can look forward to bright futures, as the only successful brother-and-sister duo in Bollywood to date.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2007 02:20 PM | Show all posts
Amitabh Bachchan as Gabbar Singh in RGV's Sholay

Amitabh Bachchan as Gabbar Singh in RGV's Sholay. Photo Credit: TV Grab
28 May 2007 (Sawf News) - Having been there, seen that, as far as emoting goes, sexagenarian Amitabh Bachchan has lately been experimenting with new looks in his films.  As Gabbar Singh in RGV's Sholay Amitabh Bachchan adopts the look of a overdressed homeless person who, with no place to store his wardrobe, wears it all the time. He retains the scruffy look of Ajmad Khan in Ramesh Sippy's Sholay but steps up the creep factor to compensate for his age and less robust physique.  His sullen crazed demeanor is accentuated by a large scar across the bridge of his nose and a proclivity to flash the tip of this tongue through his teeth like a venomous snake. He limps when he walks but his physical disability adds to his ominous appearance, instead of detracting from it.  Ram Gopal Varma (RGV) has been busy spreading the word that Amitabh has excelled in his role as Gabbar Singh. In the past RGV has not been the most reliable source of information. He had been pretty ecstatic about Mohit Ahlawat in Shiva, a film that imploded into oblivion very soon after it was released. However, going by the recently released promos for Sholay, it may just be that RGV is onto something this time around.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2007 02:25 PM | Show all posts
Priyanka Chopra's late arrival causes a riot in Maharashtra CM's hometown

Priyanka Chopra in a still from Salam-E-Ishq.
While Vilasrao Deshmukh, the Chief Minister of the State of Maharashtra, was away to Goa celebrating his birthday, his son Amit and friends held a cricket tournament in Latur, his hometown, to commemorate the event! And who do you think was invited to Latur to be the chief guest? None other than Bollywood spice-girl Priyanka Chopra says Bombay Times.  Priyanka, going to this hot, sun-scorched part of the state on a May afternoon, arrived three hours late! This caused a mini riot in the sleepy town where eager locals lost their patience and ran amuck. Instead of Happy Birthday ditties, the crowds shouted slogans condemning the star's very late appearance at the show and became somewhat uncontrollable. The police had to resort to a lathi charge, which enraged the crowd so much, that they threw items of footwear and pelted stones at the police thereby injuring many onlookers and some policemen.  The actress sneaked out from the backdoor with Amit Deshmukh and returned to Mumbai.  The Chief Minister however, dismissed this incident as a 'mad rush by youngsters who wanted to see Priyanka up close and pushed down the barricades."  He clarified that no footwear was thrown at Priyanka.  "This happened after she left," he confirmed from Goa, where he was vacationing on his 63rd birthday on the 26th of May.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2007 02:26 PM | Show all posts
Salman Khan and Viveik Oberoi 'encounter' averted

Viveik Oberoi and Salman Khan. Photo Credit: Sawf News
Weekends almost always bring releases of new movies and the almost always wayward reviews by so full of themselves media critics.  This weekend while the film critics panned and praised Apoorva Lakhia's new offering Shootout At Lokhandwala and the performances of Viveik Oberoi and Sanjay Dutt in it, celebrity gossips were busy spreading the word that Salman Khan was still at war with Viveik Oberoi over a certain love lost by the two.  According to the Bombay Times, before appearing at the Shootout匸/i]premier in Bombay on Thursday, Salman called up producer Sanjay Gupta to make sure Salman and Viveik did not come face to face. Salman, who was at the premier with his family because his brother Arbaaz Khan plays an important role in the film, wanted to make sure Viveik did not create a photo op for the media.  "Viveik is a stunt puller," said a source from Gupta's office, "He wants to make up with Salman after his notorious press conference against Salman's threats after the latter broke up with Aishwarya Rai. Salman thought he might create some media hype by embracing him at the premiere as he had done with Arbaaz at a party earlier. Salman is irritated about this and even warned his brother to stay away from his foes!" Gupta conveyed Salman's message to Vivek and for his part accommodated the two actors and their respective families in different auditoriums of the multiplex where the premier was being held.  However, Sanjay Gupta himself rubbished this report saying that Salman would never make such a request. The media has given much importance to the premiere of Shootout At Lokhandwala because Abhishek Bachchan, Ash's new bridegroom, and her past loves Salman Khan and Viveik Oberoi were seen under one roof for the first time!

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2007 02:30 PM | Show all posts
[table=98%]
Transcript proves Jade Goody called Shilpa Shetty a 'Paki'
[/td][/tr][tr][td]

Following the controversy regarding the Channel4 Celebrity Big Brother race row cover-up, it has been proved that Jade Goody referred housemate Shilpa Shetty as a 揚aki

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 29-5-2007 02:44 PM | Show all posts
Interview: Vivek Oberoi

[table=133]
Vivek Oberoi
It has been a roller-coaster ride for Vivek Oberoi so far. Though some of his films were well-made, and he had delivered his part efficiently, mainstream success seemed to evade him. After OMKARA, things have been different for Vivek and now he is being increasingly sought after by some of the biggest banners. But the reserved actor is in no tearing hurry. Having undergone personal and professional trauma, he is bent on structuring his future meticulously. On the eve of the release of the much talked-about SHOOTOUT AT LOKHANDWALA produced by Sanjay Gupta, in which he is pitted against veteran stalwarts Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt and Sunil Shetty Vivek Oberoi opens up to BOLLYVISTA in an informal conversation. Here we go for a shootout with Vivek

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2007 02:46 PM | Show all posts
Interview: Tusshar Kapoor

Tusshar Kapoor
His debut was as any another actor's son but by now he has made his ground in the tinsel town. Initially, he started as an actor who is good in dancing, but today he's also accepted as an actor of merit. He has not one, but four films scheduled to release in the coming months. The first among these four is Babloo Pachisia's 'Kya Love Story Hai', directed by debutante Lovely Singh, which releases this week. Bollyvista chats with Tusshar Kapoor.

Tell us some thing about your next release 'Kya Love Story Hai'.

Apart from the fact that it's not the run-of-the-mill subject, I can tell you that its been a long time sine any youth oriented film has been released. So, this film is going to be a refreshing change for the audience. The film is about Arjun, Kajal and Ranvir. I play Arjun, a normal guy just out of the college. He is not a Casanova but then he takes things too easy. Since he belongs to a very rich family, he takes things very lightly. Until one day when he meets Kajal. The meeting changes him a lot and there is a lot of twist and turns in the story thereafter.

You must be nervous since it's your solo venture...

Of course! Strangely, I'm going to have four back-to-back releases in the coming months. Luckily, each one of them is different from the another; all different genres from comedy to action to emotion. Also, I can't plan my own release date. It's the producers who decide according to their plans and conveniences. Maybe they all want to encash the holiday period which is I guess a smart movie.

So, what's the USP of 'Kya Love Story Hai'?

As I said, the USP is the freshness. It's completely something new, and in the way it has been treated, Lovely Singh, the director has done a commendable job. It's a youth oriented film, but not 'Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai'. My first film was a college campus love story. However, this one is a little mature love story blended with lovely songs.
Looking at your forthcoming releases, it seems you're thinking of an image change.

See, I accepted the film, which came my way. If I like something, of course, I'll go for it. There is no way for me to say no to something worthwhile. If things go well, tomorrow people will say, "He has changed his image." Till today, it has always been "the boy next door."

It has been 6 years for you in Bollywood. How has the journey been for you?

So far so good. I have seen ups and down in the last few years, but now everything is looking promising again. I don't believe in planning anything. I take everything as it comes. But yes, this year is definitely a very exciting year for me.

How was your experience in playing a gangster for Sanjay Gupta's 'Shootout at Lokhandwala'?

Great! I was a bit nervous before taking up the project but all my friends, including the director Apurva Lakhia convinced me that I can carry off the role. I agree that the audience is used to seeing me in a certain image, but now its time for them, as well for me, to move on. One needs confidence to carry off the role, and in my case I got that before I start shooting for the film.

What next?

Apart from a Balaji production, I'm also doing 'Golmaal Part II' which is expected to go on the floors towards the end of the year. Then there's also the sequel of 'Kya Kool Hai Hum', which will have Riteish Deshmukh and myself, but we've yet to decide on the girls.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-5-2007 02:47 PM | Show all posts
Kareena Kapoor On 'Kya Love Story Hai'

Kareena Kapoor
We last saw you in Don. What prompted you to make a sensational appearance in the forthcoming 'Kya Love Story Hai'?

Actually the film's director Lovely Singh is a very close friend. I've known him since 'Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai'. Doing the song was a gesture of love and friendship. When he explained the concept to me and I heard the song I knew it was going to be a rocking number. I loved it. I've worn the most glamorous clothes, driven a limo and strummed a 25-feet guitar! It doesn't get better!

How was it facing the camera after a year?

What a coincidence! I began my break last year after completing the dance number for 'Don', and now I have ended my break again with a dance number for 'Kya Love Story Hai'! I was away purely out of choice because I needed to relax and unwind, but now it feels great to be doing what I have always loved doing.

Did you contribute to the song in any way?

Since I am playing myself in the song, I told Lovely that I would not go overboard on the glamour front with any itsy-bitsy costumes. It was my idea to perform in jeans and gorgeous gowns. Otherwise, it has been the team work of music director Pritam, choreographer Bosco, my dress designer Manish Malhotra, the director Lovely Singh, and Alisha Chinoi who has lent her golden voice to this number.

Did you imagine what a huge craze "It's Rocking..." from 'Kya Love Story Hai' would become?

I'm not surprised. When I first heard it, I loved it!
Personally what kind of music do you listen to?

My all time favourites are the old classics from films like 'Aawara, Chori Chori', etc. "It's Rocking" actually has references to the erstwhile hit, "Ude Jab Jab Zulfein Teri"!

What are your expectations from your sensational appearance in 'Kya Love Story Hai'?

There are no expectations except that I can experiment with some really glamorous looks. It is a good balance after doing films like 'Chameli' and 'Omkara', where I am unglamorous. And then there is the additional high of knowing that millions of people out there are going to dance to my moves!

Tell us about your forthcoming projects?

Imtiaz Ali's film with Shahid as my co-star is one I am excited about, then I have Yash Chopra's next with Akshay and Saif, and there is Mani Ratnam's 'Lajjo' with Aamir Khan.

What is the secret of your slim-as-a-reed figure?

I begin the day by doing yoga and that has really helped! And thanks to Shahid (Kapoor) I have turned a vegetarian, which has further enhanced my physique!

Any more sensational appearances like the one you've made in 'Kya Love Story Hai'?

You can never tell about life. So never say 'never'!

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2007 02:48 PM | Show all posts
Interview: CELINA JAITLEY

CELINA JAITLEY
What seems so interesting about your role in 'Shakalaka Boom Boom'?

For the first time I am playing a powerful, young, glamorous, media person. She is a character, which can make or break the careers of others.

Do you feel P.R.O. is very significant for an actor's image building?

From my personal experience I can surely say that P.R.O. plays huge role in building an actors image.

You mostly appear in glamorous roles.

What can I do about that? Whenever there is any glamorous role, filmmakers think of me. Personally, I like roles where I can be glamorous and where there is also a scope for a performance, like in 'No Entry' and 'Shakalaka Boom Boom'.

Which Bollywood actress you are highly impressed by?

None! I don't believe in following any one. I believe in creating my own. Though at times I have followed the make-up style of Sophia Loren

How was working with Bobby Deol, Upen Patel and Kangana Ranaut?

I knew Bobby Deol and Upen Patel even before doing this film. So it was very pleasing experience. As far as Kangana Ranaut is concerned, we have very few scenes with each other.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2007 02:49 PM | Show all posts
Interview: BOBBY DEOL

BOBBY DEOL
You are playing role, which has grey shades in 'Shakalaka Boom Boom'.

Even in 'Humraaz' and 'Ajnabee' my roles had grey shades. But here, since it's about rivalry in the music field, it has greater significance.

This is the first time that you're working with Upen Patel, Celina Jaitley and Kangana Ranaut. How was the chemistry between all of you?

All of them are very chilled out professional people. It was good experience to work with them. They are nice people and I hope they stay like that in the future too!

Himesh Reshammiya music is huge plus of 'Shakalaka Boom Boom'.

Himesh has always given good music in my films, be it 'Humraaz' or 'Bardasht'. In fact, in recent times he is ruling the music scene and 'Shakalaka Boom Boom' is no exception to that.

You play a singer/musician in the film. Did you ever try your hand at singing?

I believe everyone wants to be a good singer, but this is one quality which God gives to very few lucky ones.

You have always remained choosy about films.

Rather than calling it choosy, you can say that I work in very few films at a time. But now, all of a sudden, six films of mine are releasing including 'Shakalaka Boom Boom'. We try to space out our films, but certain things are not in our hand as we are just actors and not the producers or distributors of the films.

Does 'Shakalaka Boom Boom' sound like an interesting title to you?

At times we come across titles, which don't suit the film. But 'Shakalaka Boom Boom' is very apt title for this film.

Slowly but surely you are coming out of your action image.

Hindi cinema has changed significantly. Old fashioned action films have become outdated. You have to change with times. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't still do action films.

Your thoughts about working with Suneel Darshan?

Because of 'Barsaat', 'Dosti' and now 'Shakalaka Boom Boom', Suneel has become family. I feel comfortable working with him.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2007 02:51 PM | Show all posts
Dia Mirza on her Honeymoon

Dia Mirza
What did you think when director Reema Kagti and Farhan Akhtar narrated the script of 'Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.'?
You know after 'Parineeta', I wondered if I would get to do some new and interesting cinema again. Then came Reema with this stunningly refreshing script in hand, which was so different from the star-studded extravaganza I am usually offered. Reema had taken these six honeymooning couples on a package tour and put all their stories together in a mesmerizing narrative, which was not larger than life to make it look foolish, yet not so close to real life to make it boring. It was just what the actor in me was looking for!

How did the idea of there being more than 12 actors in the film, including Shabana Azmi, Boman Irani, Kay Kay Menon and Raima Sen appeal to you?
The film was not about heroes and villains, about the good guys and the bad, but about a whole bunch of newly married people with stories woven around each couple's love and relationship. The script was so path-breaking that I did not take me a minute to say yes. I have already done my share of main leads, am not an insecure actor to be intimidated by the presence of my co-stars.

What's your take on your character in the film, Shilpa Shah the newly-wed Gujarati girl?
I have played a variety of characters in my films, but what made Shilpa's character so endearing to me was that it was so real to life. While Reema had gone into the details of the characterization of the Guju girl who loved her Hindi cinema and bhel puri. Arjun Basin designed the clothes exactly as a lower middle class Gujarati girl from Mumbai would wear. The twist is that unlike the very docile girls from this community who are brought up thinking that husbands should be treated like God, she hates her husband!

What was your rapport with Ranvir Shorey who plays your husband in the film?
On reel he does the most despicable things for me to hate him, but off screen Ranvir is a riot! He made everyone laugh with his miming and jokes.

What about the other cast of 'Honeymoon...'?
It could not been more perfect! Each character is strongly etched and will draw the audience's attention. But my favorite track is that of Kay Kay and Raima Sen who play a Bengali couple from Kolkata. Theirs is an interestingly shaded plot with layers of emotion, and both the actors have taken it to a new level by their amazing performances.

Which was the most perfect couple of the lot?
Abhay Deol and Minissha Lamba who play a Parsi couple are picture perfect. They are childhood sweethearts and the made-for-each-other types. But on the sets they were the most tormented! To put across their compatibility, they had to be shown perfectly in tune with each other whether it was the way they swam together or the way they ate. We would all go hysterical when Reema would throw them back into the pool again and again to synchronize their swimming!

What is Reema's forte as a director?
Oh, she is a master craftsman. She knows exactly what she wants and like any male director she holds the reins and no one can force her to do anything she does not want to. Even if the idea came from a veteran like Shabana Azmi or Boman Irani she would brush it aside curtly if she did not like it. The only time we felt she is a woman was when she would get hysterical and start yelling to get the attention of all the 12 actors!

What are your expectations from 'Honeymoon Travels...'?
Very high! Not only has the film taken me to a new level as an actress, it is sure to redefine Bollywood and take Indian cinema to a new future. 'Honeymoon Travels' will break the boring monotony of our films, and make us proud!

Do your future plans include a honeymoon?
Noooo, but they do include films like 'Bits And Pieces' with Rahul Bose, Sanjay Gupta's 'Alibagh' and 'Shootout at Lokhandwala'!

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2007 04:15 PM | Show all posts
Priyanka learns a new art

Most know that actress Priyanka Chopra is playing bodyguard to Abhishek Bachchan in the film Drona, and that she went to Punjab specially to learn the Sikh martial arts for the movie.
When we met the actress recently , and asked her about her experience , she said, "I had to train for this martial artform using kirpans and chakkars.
It was difficult and required a lot of flexibility. But I'm glad I managed."
Sounds impressive already

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2007 04:21 PM | Show all posts
Swami's story had Juhi in tears

She says she is done with run-of-the-mill love stories and prefers to do meaningful and offbeat roles. Juhi Chawla's next Swami, which she says is close to reality, falls in just that category.

Swami is choreographer-turned-director Ganesh Acharya's directorial debut. The film, which follows the life of the simple, middle class south Indian Swami, has Manoj Bajpai in the title role with Juhi featuring as his wife.

"What I liked about the story is that what happens in the film with Swami can happen to anyone else. There is simplicity, innocence and there is a place for emotions in it. This kind of film is not made or shown these days. There is a beauty in simplicity and that's what I liked about Swami," Juhi told IANS in an interview.

The actress had no clue about the film. "I came to know about it when I got a call from Ganeshji saying that he wants to meet me about a film. I have known Ganeshji for a long time. I have done a lot of songs with him. He has made me dance, made me do comedy. We have done some really fun songs before."

But she was not surprised. Juhi feels most of the dance directors have a vision and want to share it with the world.

"Dance directors always have this one vision in their mind and they want to make a complete film with that vision. These technicians share their ideas with other directors, but are never implemented. That's why I wasn't surprised when Ganeshji told me he wanted to get into direction. But I was surprised after hearing the script."

Post story session Juhi was in tears.

I was very surprised that the film that he wants to make has simplicity, emotions, reality and a very touching end. After hearing the story I had tears in my eyes."I was very surprised that the film that he wants to make has simplicity, emotions, reality and a very touching end. After hearing the story I had tears in my eyes."

Talking about her character, she said: "I play Radha. Swami and Radha have a really good relationship. There are good moments with a lot of fun and laughter. And then something happens and Radha is not a part of Swami's life anymore."

She was more than happy to share the screen with someone as talented as Manoj.

"I have seen Manoj in his earlier films and I always thought that he is a brilliant actor. In fact, when Ganeshji told me that he is playing Swami, I was very happy because you need a good actor and somebody who you can believe in. The audience will believe in Swami."

The last time Juhi played a woman from the south was in the Aamir Khan starrer Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke.

"So it was nice to dress up a little differently. The saris are a little loud. I have never worn such clothes in my life. Let me tell you an interesting fact - when the saris came, I thought they were very expensive but when I saw the price tags I was surprised, they were for Rs.250-350."

"I was also made to wear those typical nose rings. I never wear kajal because I feel that it makes my eyes look really big, but in this film I applied kajal too."

But she didn't have to work on her pronunciation.

"I was interested to know whether Radha would have an accent? I wanted to speak with an accent but Ganeshji told me that it was not required because the couple have been staying in Lonavala since many years."

Swami has no villain.

"There is no KK, JK or DK who picks up the gun and blows out your brains. The people in the film are all good; there is no bad character in the film. It is an easy flowing and yet moving along kind of a film."

Juhi is all praises for the child star who plays her son in the film.

"He was always well rehearsed. He had a lot of dialogues (I thought he'll forget them), but he used to come completely ready. So that was really nice, because at times when kids are unable to talk, then a lot of retakes happen."

There is no dance number in the film either.

"There are songs in Swami and but the surprising part is that there are no dances in Ganeshji's film."

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 29-5-2007 04:28 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2007 04:27 PM | Show all posts
There抯 no stopping Shilpa

Some look at it as years of struggle that paid off just right, while others see it as pure luck. However, what can抰 be disputed is that Shilpa Shetty had never seen a better phase in her career from a global perspective, let alone Bollywood.

For someone whose career took off from one of the biggest reality shows, today there抯 definitely much more coming her way than she could have ever asked for. 揝ince the last two years, I have been very selective of the movies that I work in.

Right now, there is way too much work on my hands. I抦 doing a musical and also a couple of British movies that I have been offered. Though I want to be selective, I will definitely work in one British film as well,

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2007 04:37 PM | Show all posts
Bobby's time to show his kiss of love

In more than a decade old career, Bobby Deol has stayed away from the kissing business whenever it comes to his on-screen escapades. Well, he is all set to break the trend, at least through a song, as he lip synchs to the track 'Kiss Of Love'.

The song is placed in upcoming JHOOM BARABAR JHOOM and Bobby is shown serenading Preity Zinta with his 'Kiss Of Love'. Shot lavishly as well as innovatively with horde of dancers parading around as if they were being featured in a costume drama, 'Kiss of Love' is the latest song from this Shaad Ali directed film to be premiered on the small screen after the title song 'Jhoom Barabar Jhoom' and 'Ticket To Bollywood'.

'Kiss Of Love' is sung by Vasundhara Das and Vishal Dadlani, who is now almost a regular when it comes to singing for Yash Raj Films. He has earlier crooned 'Dhoom Again' for Pritam in DHOOM 2 and followed it up with 'Saiyaan' in TA RA RUM PUM that had music by Shekhar and himself.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 29-5-2007 05:12 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-5-2007 04:42 PM | Show all posts
Rahul Bose takes on Abhishek Bachchan

Rahul Bose and Abhishek Bachchan may soon have a battle of sorts at the silver screen, though spaced out by a week.

A week after the release of JHOOM BARABAR JHOOM, a small film titled CHAIN KULLI KI MAIN KULLI [CK2MK] is expected to hit the screens. The leading man in the film? Rahul Bose. Directed by debutant Kituu Salooja, CK2MK is a children's film and revolves around the relation between Rahul Bose and child actor Adil Badshah with cricket as a backdrop.

While Rahul Bose plays the Captain of the Indian cricket team and an opening batsman, Adil is, hold on your breath, his 13 year old co-opener who plays for India and also helps it win a 5 match One Day series against Pakistan.

With an interesting plot like this be rest assured that CK2MK, which arrives on June 22nd, would be one fun filled exhilarating journey that should prove to be a good follow up to JHOOM BARABAR JHOOM which is expected to create immense 'dhoom' as it hits the screens on June 15th.

Abhishek Bachchan

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 29-5-2007 05:13 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2007 05:09 PM | Show all posts
Amisha paired opposite Akshay in BHOOL BHULAIYAA

Since the inception of BHOOL BULAIYAA, there have been widespread speculations around the lead pairing in the Priyadarshan directed film. With a star cast boasting of Akshay Kumar, Vidya Balan, Shiney Ahuja and Amisha Patel, there was no concrete information of who is paired opposite whom.

Bringing an end to speculations, it has finally been confirmed that Amisha Patel is paired opposite Akshay in the film while Vidya plays Shiney's love interest.

Anyone who has seen the original Malayalam film and the subsequent Tamil remake CHANDRAMUKHI, which starred Rajnikanth, Jyothika and Prabhu knows the fact that Jyothika was the leading lady who had the meatiest part of all in the film as she played the title role.

In BHOOL BHULAIYAA, Vidya gets to play the part originally enacted by Jyothika. The script of the film also requires its leading lady to dance to hardcore Indian classical moves and the same happens in BHOOL BHULLAIYA too as Vidya puts on her dancing shoes.

If BHOOL BHULLAIYA doesn't deviate too much from the original script then expect Amisha Patel to play a character who is surrounded by numerous misunderstandings and conflicts in the film as Akshay Kumar tries to resolve them all.

The film has music composed by Pritam and is expected to arrive on 24th August all over.

Amisha Patel

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 29-5-2007 05:14 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2007 10:50 AM | Show all posts
[table=98%][tr][td=2,1]The Men Vidya Balan Loves...[/td][/tr][tr][td=2,1]The sprightly Vidya Balan has been invisible of late, focusing on her work. The actor celebrated classic intrigue in 慞arineeta

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2007 10:53 AM | Show all posts
Salman is always fun: Preity
A whole year since she moved into her swanky new home in Bandra, and Preity still hasn't found time to get it done up.

"I haven't even started," she wails as she looks at the chaos around her. "I thought once I move into my new place I'd automatically begin to do it up. But no such luck. It's been a year. And I'm living like a gypsy in my own house."

But now Preity intends to take matters into her hands. "I'm going to Dubai to buy long-due stuff for my house. There're so many things that need to be taken care of, from curtains and upholstery to the lights and the cutlery. Before I get into my next film, which is Samir Karnik's Mera Bharat Mahan I'll be taking care of some of the things in my house."

Preity wants to leave the paintings for later. "Art isn't something that can be purchased at one go. My walls will fill up by and by," she promises.

In the meanwhile her five-day visit to Cannes has just ended.

"I had fun. But there was too much fluctuation in the temperature. Very hot during the day and very cold in the night. So now I'm down with this terrible cold. Before Cannes I visited Saint Tropez and Provence. I was in Cannes representing Chopard.

And I was wearing a necklace that made me really scared for my neck," she chortles in typical Preity fashion. " So there was no time to socialize. But I did catch the 3-minute films of over 30 directors under one roof.

It was an amazing experience. 匓ut I wish we had taken our film Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom to Cannes. The entire movie-watching congregation would have rocked if they had seen our film."

Preity's demeanour gets distinctly happy when she speaks of her next film. "Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom is a film we had big-time fun doing. And now I start Mera Bharat Mahaan with Salman. He's always loads of fun. But we don't have that much to do in the film. Ours is just one slice of Karnik's big cake."

Salman Khan & Preity Zinta

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

25-5-2024 02:30 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.344601 second(s), 41 queries .