CariDotMy

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Jelita

[V47] ~ ALL ABOUT NUR FAZURA ~ FOREVER FAZBULOUS ~ Next as MINA in 'Revenge of t

Close [Copy link]
Post time 4-9-2019 09:47 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
NuriSwiss replied at 4-9-2019 08:41 PM
Kakak terasa tak sedap hati apabila kaka ternampak sesuatu tak berapa lama sebelum ni....sora jang ...

Meolls plk rase x sedap hati apabila baca komen kaka nuri tp komen nyeee x lengkap cite bg abis... meolls x memahami mcm sora... so camne nk buat nih???

Kaka nuriiiiii, missssshhhhhh u... meh balik mlysia meh.. teman meolls tgk Mina...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-9-2019 10:55 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by NuriSwiss at 5-9-2019 02:15 AM

Alololor ... cayang dia... doakan suatu hari nanti kita dapat jumpa dan kita bercerita banyak- banyak ya..kaka dah  pohon  cuti untuk Christmas nanti tapi tak dapat jawapan lagi lulus ke tidak....sebelum tu kaka tak dapat balik sebab bulan November nanti kaka ada Exam , jadi terpaksalah lupakan untuk melihat Mina.. ..miss you so so much.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2019 07:37 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
NuriSwiss replied at 4-9-2019 10:55 PM
Alololor ... cayang dia... doakan suatu hari nanti kita dapat jumpa dan kita bercerita banyak- banya ...

Meolllls wish gudluck siap2 utk exam november nnti... kot2 tlupa... kaka nuriiii take care yeeeee.... christmas br nk balik, ujung2 meolls plk xavailable time tu.. xde rejeki lagiiiiiiii nk jumpa...

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2019 08:11 AM | Show all posts
yea, another Coach runway at NY Fashion Week for Faz and hopefully Fattah too. Sebab nampak Vee and Rachel from Coach pun ikut sama.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2019 08:46 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
sora13 replied at 5-9-2019 08:11 AM
yea, another Coach runway at NY Fashion Week for Faz and hopefully Fattah too. Sebab nampak Vee and  ...

Yeayyyyyy!!!! Bole tgk fazzy melaram pakai baju lawo2 lg....

Slamat abdul folo skali... kang ade yg berbunyik asik jekkkk tinggal shuben...  

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2019 08:48 AM | Show all posts
coyote_ugly0911 replied at 5-9-2019 08:46 AM
Yeayyyyyy!!!! Bole tgk fazzy melaram pakai baju lawo2 lg....

kan fazzy kata nak sambut birthday fattah berdua tahun nih.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 5-9-2019 08:49 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2019 08:55 AM | Show all posts
Film Review: Dendam Pontianak

BelacanGirl / 16 hours ago

It has been a while since CheeseBoy and I both last watched a movie at the cinema. I guess we are rather choosy these days. But when we received the invitation to watch the premiere of #DendamPontianak, we just knew that it was something that we don’t want to miss!

If you know us well, you’ll know that we have been a long time fan of Fazura. We both have written her movies review, here (Kami Histeria) , here (Manisnya Cinta di Cappadocia and here (J Revolusi)

When we found out that Fazura was about to play another Pontianak role, we can’t help to wonder how different is it going to be with her role of Cik Lang in Kami Histeria. But after watching the movie, we totally get why she decided to play the ghostly role. Mina (Fazura’s role) is quite different from Cik Lang. Cik Lang was a Pontianak (or Langsuir) with a twisted sense of humour, but Mina is full of anger and sadness.

In general, I would say Dendam Pontianak is not another Pontianak movie. I am not going to talk much about the storyline, as I wouldn’t want to give away any spoilers. Unlike any other Pontianak movie where they are usually  portrayed as soul-less evil entities without much of a background story, Dendam Pontianak, on the other hand will reveal what actually happened to Mina. This will make you understand her anger and believe it or not, you will actually sympathise with her.

We were highly impressed by the production’s crew effort in re-creating the 1965 (year where the movie was set) atmosphere. Right from the props, to costume as well as hair and make-up. The cinematography are also amazing, with beautiful sceneries and shots.

The cast of Dendam Pontianak are a dream cast! The ensemble each played their roles well. Both leads Fazura and Remy’s performance are believable and you can feel their anguish and terror in many scenes. Nam Ron’s performance also left an impression on the audience.

Verdict: Fun movie to watch.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-9-2019 09:12 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Assalamualaikum selamat pagi semua. Makin x sabar nak tengok dendam pontianak nie.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2019 09:13 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
sora13 replied at 5-9-2019 08:49 AM

Ni kat mana nih

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2019 09:15 AM | Show all posts

tak sure pulak kat mana.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2019 09:24 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Incanto replied at 4-9-2019 05:21 PM
Aku pun suka. outfit dia cantik dan simple, sesuai dgn watak Nurin WT
Utk tayangan perdana, Faz p ...

Masa J revolusi dengan dress pvc dia
Masa manisnya cinta di capadocia cute yellow dress very chickedy

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2019 09:34 AM | Show all posts
Buying A Present For An Ex? Revenge Of The Pontianak Star Nur Fazura Has An Idea

The Malaysian actress also had a close encounter of a spooky kind on the set of Glen Goei’s horror flick.

BY DOUGLAS TSENG
04 SEP 2019 15:15
UPDATED 04 SEP 2019 19:40

Whenever anyone makes a horror movie or TV show, it’s customary to ask that person the most unimaginative question known to mankind: Did you witness any paranormal activity? Whatever the occurrence — weird knocks on the door after midnight or a shadowy figure that calls out your name — one tends to look past the easily explainable and choose to see things in a little supernatural way. Did it or did not happen? Who cares as long as it makes for a great story? And boy oh boy, does Nur Fazura have a chilling story or two to share that will make your hair stand on end.

In Revenge of the Pontianak, directed by Glen Goei and Gavin Yap, the Malaysian actress plays the titular character, the most famous — and scariest — female vampire in Southeast Asian folklore. The movie came in No. 2 at the box-office over the weekend (Aug 29-Sep 1), trailing Angel Has Fallen. Its $256,000-earnings made it the highest opening for a Malay film in recent years, beating Satan’s Slaves, Dukun and Hantu Kak Limah, which all happened to be horror movies.

Speaking to 8days.sg in the lobby lounge of The Capitol Kempinski Hotel a day after the movie’s gala premiere, Fazura, 34, lets us in what she saw — or thought she saw — while making the 1960s scare-fest and the painstaking efforts that went into playing the pontianak.

Red alert: Nur Fazura is dressed to kill in 'Revenge of the Pontianak'.

1/4
Red alert: Nur Fazura is dressed to kill in 'Revenge of the Pontianak'.

8 DAYS: Growing up, what are your earliest memories of the pontianak folklore?  

NUR FAZURA: There’s a 1981 Indonesian movie called Sundel Bolong, starring Suzzanna. The pontianak is basically like the sundel bolong [a long-haired female ghost in a white dress]. I was really obsessed with that movie growing up. In Malaysia, there were the Pontianak movies starring Maria Mendao in the 1950s and Maya Karin in the 2000s.

I didn’t really take any reference from those characters because my character in Revenge of the Pontianak is completely different from theirs. We rarely tell the story of a pontianak who’s not evil, not always so vengeful, and not someone who’s so easy to hate. Our story follows Mina and what she went through — the heartbreak, the tragedy — and why she came back from the dead: to reclaim the promise that her lover had reneged.

Director Glen Goei has a funny story of how you got cast: turns out his mother is a big fan of yours!

That happened three-and-a-half years ago. I knew Glen through my manager who told me who he is and that he’s well-known in the filmmaking and theatre scene. When I met Glen in Kuala Lumpur, he was very nice and warm, and he said, “We would love for you to play Pontianak.”

I didn’t think he was going to offer me the role of Pontianak! I thought it was for another role. He said, “We really want you to play Pontianak. My mother is a big fan of yours — she watched the entire season of Facing Up To Fazura and she’s in love with you, and she really feels you should be Pontianak.” I’m like, “Wow, really?” It was such an honour and I was really taken aback.

But I was also skeptical because I didn’t want to play another pontianak. There’s just been so many pontianak films and I was thinking that people will be like, “We’ve had Maya Karin and all these other actresses, and Fazura is going to play another pontianak? It’s gonna be so boring.” But when Glen explained to me exactly what he had in mind for this particular role, I instantly said, “There’s no turning back, no matter what happens, I really want to play this pontianak.”

Do you remember the first scene you shot?

I think it was in Perak for a flashback scene with Remy Ishak. But it was the second night of filming which was the toughest among the first few days. It was the scene where Remy, Hisyam Hamid, Tony Eusoff and I were in a car, driving past a banana plantation. That was the hardest for us. Because, obviously, at 2 am in a banana plantation, it was so quiet that it was scary. We did have the production crew around, but when you are in character in a situation like that at night, you don’t know what’s out there. You know the pontianak lives there, right?

Smile: Fazura with Gavin Yap, Remy Ishak and Glen Goei on the 'Revenge of the Pontianak' set.

In fact, you had a spook encounter while on location at Hulu Langat. You saw a ghost with long, flowing dark hair — like the one you were playing — at 3am… the Witching Hour!

I think it was around that time on that same night that [co-star] Shenty Feliziana saw [the entity] behind me, as I was filming a scene where I was entering the house to meet my son and Shenty’s character Siti. In a way, I guess the real Pontianak was helping Shenty’s character really feel scared. So that was Shenty’s experience, which I only learnt of [at the gala premiere at The Capitol].

My experience with ‘her’ was at dinnertime. It was so weird. I was having dinner with the production manager, and I asked him about the girl who was taking care of my costume. During the third day of filming, she couldn’t look at me. I was just curious. I was asking everybody and nobody was telling me anything. So I asked the production manager what happened, and why she couldn’t attend to me anymore, or even look at me. Did I do something wrong? Did I say something wrong?

He said, “No, the [ghost] has been bugging her.’ How? He said, “’She’ would wear your costume and be looking at her, scaring her.” I was like, “Wow, that’s scary.” And he said, “Yeah, she’s like, right behind you now.” I’m like, “What do you mean?” He said, “If you look back, there’s an abandoned house behind you, and she’s sitting there looking at you right now.” Half the time, I was thinking he was kidding, and the other half wondering if it were real. Was I ready to see it? So I turned around but didn’t see anything. He said, “No, really look. At the veranda of the house.”

So I looked very hard, and yes, she was there. She was sitting at the veranda, wearing exactly what I was wearing — a white kebaya and sarong — but her long hair was just covering her face. She was facing us, looking at me. Maybe it was true, maybe it was just my imagination, or maybe someone was playing tricks on me. I don’t know. After dinner, we went back to change, and when I returned to the house, she was still there looking at me.

Blood lust: Fazura is trying hard to look scary with those contact lenses.

3/4
Blood lust: Fazura is trying hard to look scary with those contact lenses.

And you pretended not to notice her. Good call. Was it easy to act scary with the contact lenses and make-up?

No, that was the toughest, I think. The make-up was fine. Of course, number one, there were so many things underneath my kebaya. Wearing the kebaya was not easy. You can’t just (snaps fingers) put on a kebaya. You have to get the corset on, and Glen wanted big breasts so I had padding on my chest and on my butt.

Because in the ’60s, that’s how the women wore the kebaya. I had so many things on underneath, and the long hair was heavy as well. The make-up also took three hours to put on. And the contact lenses, my God, took me literally 30 minutes to put them on. I had blurry vision, and I had to be scary, fight with all these kampong people, look at my son, and cry at the same time.

There were challenges but I embraced them because I don’t know when I’m going to get challenged like this again. The characters I get to play are always in romantic comedies; they are easy to play: just look pretty and be funny.

Did you get to keep the kebaya?

No (laughs). I wish.

What kind of horror movies do you usually go for? The supernatural or the psycho killer-on-the-loose kind?

More of the supernatural. I also love scary documentaries about killers like Ted Bundy, all that stuff. I love horror films, but it’s not easy for me to be scared. I’m not easily scared because as an artist and filmmaker, I can easily spot the tricks. I can tell if it’s just make-up effects. So the effects have to be really, really good for me to be scared.

I’ve seen so many horror films and some of them weren’t done very nicely. When the ghost comes out, you just see the make-up and it’s just not right. You’re just like, “Urgh, come on, the make-up effects wasn’t done right!”

The smell of fear: The special perfume created for 'Revenge of the Pontianak'.

So what scares you?

Rats! They would make me jump for sure. And ghosts, of course. I don’t want to see any. Last night [at the premiere], somebody was telling me this building [Capitol Theatre] has been around since 1933. I was like, “Oh, wonderful. Okay.”

And then I was doing make-up at 7pm, and for Muslims, that’s the Maghrib [praying] time when you’re supposed to be inside the house, because that’s also the time when evil spirits are lingering outside.

So I was just saying that my right leg wasn’t feeling right, and I was [joking to] my sister that I couldn’t walk and that maybe the spirit is already inside me. She said, “Don’t say that! [The spirit] might be in your room tonight!” But thank God, I had such a good sleep. I was so tired, so nothing happened.

It’s hard to be scared these days. There are things in the real world that are scarier than ghosts and monsters. I don’t even dare to read the news these days.

Me too. [Gun violence and hate crimes are] the scariest things happening in the world right now. I think what happened in New Zealand is still breaking our hearts. And also animal abuse. I’m such an advocate for the cause, but I still don’t have the courage to form an organisation to help abused animals.

I don’t have the courage to look at dead animals. There are cases, like earlier this year, where some guy just took a cat and put it in a dryer. I’m still not over it. For me, it’s my dream to form an organisation to help fight animal abuse, in Malaysia especially. But I still don’t have the courage to even look at the pictures [of the abused animals], because that just breaks my heart so much.

By the way, there’s a perfume made exclusively for the movie.

It smells really good, and smells feminine. But when you spray it at night, it does have that Pontianak feel to it. But it’s not scary. It’s just that when you smell it, you’ll feel like, “Okay, she’s here.” (laughs). It smells of frangipani, the flower that’s associated with the pontianak. Glen and I created the perfume in celebration of the movie.

Who would buy this as a gift?

Maybe they can buy it for their ex-girlfriends (laughs).

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2019 10:47 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2019 10:52 AM | Show all posts
Edited by sora13 at 5-9-2019 10:54 AM

dia orang ni gila tapi memang funny...warning: vulgar language. nak dengar review dia orang memang kena sabar sebab dia orang suka melalut ke benda lain pastu sambung balik review pastu melalut balik sampai sejam. hahaha...start dengar dari minit ke 20...

https://www.podomatic.com/podcas ... 9-04T00_56_59-07_00

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2019 12:18 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Thanks sora tepek semua review ceta ponti ni.hepi je baca its ok ada yg suka ada yg tak .its  normal tak ada pun dlm sejarah 1 movie seluruh dunia suka.selera kita kn berbeza2.same goes to ponti i percaya je movie ni akan tetap diingati smpai2 bila kerana movie itu sndiri seperti movie2 faz sebelum ni.tayang berulang kali ttetap org nak tengok tu yg special about movie yg ada faz didlmnya

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-9-2019 12:19 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Wow sukanya smpai bgini skali promo nya..

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2019 12:23 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Selain dari coach faz pergi smbung dgn NYFW.ari tu ada iv dia kta join g tahun ni.so lepas ni faz tak ikutlah ya turun padang promo ceta ni dekat cinema.?patutlah dia all out promo sna sini ari tu.good luck faz

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2019 12:45 PM | Show all posts
CikJah87 replied at 4-9-2019 04:44 AM
Dulu housmate ioll macam chuoll laa...Berangan nak tengok cerita seram..Pastu ioll sorang jer teng ...

hahahaha! zmn uni dulu iols lg teruk. roomate iols dulu giler, ada ke nak efek citer seram tu pergi bantai tutup semua lampu dlm bilik. depa tak terfikir ke kalau ada "tgn-tgn" ttiba merayap? ngeri wehhhh. pastu dlm toilet, iols mmg imagine ada org julur kaki kat atas dr toilet sebelah. kesimpulan, iols mmg penakut. tp ponti demi kaka fazz, iols gigihkan jua.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2019 12:46 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Emotional investment ....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

4-10-2024 06:33 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.670669 second(s), 30 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.