ADVERTISEMENT

1234Next
Return to list New
View: 21527|Reply: 66

Islam As Ad-Deen

[Copy link]
Post time 19-4-2004 03:38 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Good day for all....  

I open this thread based on the board title, not to quarrel about my religion with anyone.
Sorry about my poor English. I hope everyone could understand the main idea of my post.

There are various way of religions in this world got their names.  Sometimes from the founder or the name of the certain religion follower. For example:

1.        The Christian religion got it name from the Christ that they used for Nabi Isa or who they called Jesus Christ.  

2.        The Buddha name was taken from the religion founder Gautama Buddha.

3.        The Zarathusra name was taken from the name of  a flag bearer, Zarathusra.

4.         The Jew name was taken from a tribe that called Jewish.

5.        Islam name wasn抰 taken from any person or certain follower.  The Islam founder isn抰 from among people. Islam is for all races.

Islam Definitions

We could see very clear about Islam definition in the al Quran itself,

Firman Allah swt,

慏an siapakah yang lebih baik deennya dari orang yang menyerahkan wajahnya (dirinya) kepada Allah, sedangkan dia berbuat ihsan dan mengikut deen Ibrahim dengan hanya cenderung kepada Allah

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 19-4-2004 04:52 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by fleurzsa at 2004-4-19 03:38 PM:
Good day for all....  

I open this thread based on the board title, not to quarrel about my religion with anyone.
Sorry about my poor English. I hope everyone could understand the main idea of  ...

Yes, fleurzsa - how true. Here is an interesting article to support further what you have posted.

:dia:http://www.islamworld.net/true.html

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2004 04:56 PM | Show all posts
........but the people of the Book rejected Muhammad. That show Muhammad cannot be prophet.

Muhammad divided the world into two which bring war and hatred.

if that fella were not born, i believed the world will be a peaceful place to stay.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2004 05:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by fleurzsa at 19-4-2004 03:38 PM:
Good day for all....  

Sorry about my poor English. I hope everyone could understand the main idea of  ...

I guess you only read the quran yar?Christian and Buddhist and Hinduism and many other religion are for all races..Although you can see a difinite difference between all religions in this world...One fine example would be,act terrorism done by some worshippers of Islam...

SO,before you start trying to explain matters and commenting about other religion..start reading the basics of them..Well of course,for a Muslim that's impossible..

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2004 05:21 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Seraphim at 2004-4-19 05:09 PM:

I guess you only read the quran yar?Christian and Buddhist and Hinduism and many other religion are for all races..Although you can see a difinite difference between all religions in this world ...SO,before you start trying to explain matters and commenting about other religion..start reading the basics of them..Well of course,for a Muslim that's impossible..

'Impossible' is not the word --- "Going backwards"  is the right word. For a Muslim to go into the fundamentals of other religions is going backwards into darkness and ignorance. Most Muslims - whether they themselves or their ancestors came from those religions.

I was a Christian. The ancestors of most of the Malay Muslims in Malaysia were Hindus, Buddhists or animists.

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 19-4-2004 at 05:27 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2004 05:30 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 19-4-2004 05:21 PM:

'Impossible' is not the word --- "Going backwards" is the right word. For a Muslim to go into the fundamentals of other religions is going backwards into darknes ...

With that type of mentality,it's no wonder there's religion discrimination in  most Arab and some Muslim majority countries(except good peaceful Malaysia of course)

Firstly how do you know other religions are going backwards...This is one of the most prominent flaw in Islam..They assumed they are the best and have this "holier than thou" mentallity...And they scrapped aside any other religions without so much thought and consideration..AND when someone else did the same to them..guess what happened..I think you know the answer..They think they become victims...

Main general flaws in worshippers of Islam:-
1)Think their religion is the best and that it's most suited for everyone else in the world
2)Holier than thou attitude
3)Close-mindedness(a trend commonly seen in extremists and possibly average Muslims that doesnt want to learn about other religions)
4)Victim mentality(commonly seen throughout the world,anything go wrong it's THE OTHER sides wrong or ..."we always become target for kafirs")

and manny more..I only list what i dislike about Islam and what most other non-muslims think too...

I'm not saying Islam is a bad religion.Islam is indeed a beautiful religion and excellent in their ways.To me all religion is good..each have their different ways and different styles of worshipping..I can also list many flaws from other religions..But since you mentioned that Islam is DA BEST..it kinda irritate me..Because i've never ever seen a Buddhist,Hindu,Christians,Jews,and Sikhs claiming like this..Because we understand others and ourselves..But for Mulsims they UNDERSTAND themselves and not others..Thus they cast aside any level of tolerance towards the non-mulsims...

[ Last edited by Seraphim on 19-4-2004 at 05:32 PM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 19-4-2004 05:35 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Seraphim at 2004-4-19 05:30 PM:

With that type of mentality,it's no wonder there's religion discrimination in  most Arab and some Muslim majority countries(except good peaceful Malaysia of course)

Firstly how do you know ...

I'm sorry if I have hurt your feelings. What I meant by that  is this:

:http://www.islamic-paths.org/Hom ... pts/Concept_God.htm

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 19-4-2004 at 05:38 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2004 06:14 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by fleurzsa at 19-4-2004 15:38:
Good day for all....  

fleurzsa...
Alhamdulillah.... and thanks for this posting. It's a great effort dear....
may the non-Muslim understands more and may it also reminds us, the Muslims how just and complete Islam is.

Amin Ya rabbal alamin.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 19-4-2004 09:38 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 19-4-2004 04:52 PM:
Yes, fleurzsa - how true. Here is an interesting article to support further what you have posted.
:dia:http://www.islamworld.net/true.html

Salam,

Thanks mr KENNKID...
I will read it too for my own knowledge...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-4-2004 09:46 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Truth.8 at 19-4-2004 04:56 PM:
........but the people of the Book rejected Muhammad. That show Muhammad cannot be prophet.
Muhammad divided the world into two which bring war and hatred.
if that fella were not born, i beli ...

Thanks for responding...

That was what u thought卬ot mine

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-4-2004 09:51 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Seraphim at 19-4-2004 05:09 PM:
I guess you only read the quran yar?Christian and Buddhist and Hinduism and many other religion are for all races..Although you can see a difinite difference between all religions in this world ...

Thanks for responding....

Yes I agree with you that Christian and Buddhist and Hinduism and many other religions are for all races..
I had learnt some basic of other religions in my school years though...

If by violence you mean terrorist actions, the answer is a resounding NO!

And

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2004 10:06 PM | Show all posts
Mo's behavior was definitely far from exemplary. He started with false prophethood, then highway robbery, assasination and murder, torture, genocide, rape, paedophilia etc...

It doesn't matter how much cut and paste yu do, it will never hde Mo's behavior as recorded in the Quran and hadiths.

peace

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-4-2004 10:14 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by cranko21 at 19-4-2004 06:14 PM:
fleurzsa...
Alhamdulillah.... and thanks for this posting. It's a great effort dear....
may the non-Muslim understands more and may it also reminds us, the Muslims how just and co ...

salam,

He he he he... not at all...
I only do my responsibility as a muslim..

For your information.. my first post in this forum was in this board..
I always like this board...

take care..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-4-2004 10:20 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 19-4-2004 10:06 PM:
Mo's behavior was definitely far from exemplary. He started with false prophethood, then highway robbery, assasination and murder, torture, genocide, rape, paedophilia etc...
It doesn't matter h ...

Evening...

Thats your saying mod Debmey.... not mine...
Allah The Almighty...

Unlike other prophets and messengers, the Prophet Muhammad lived in the full light of history. Muslims don't need to have "faith" that he existed and that his teachings are preserved - they know it to be a fact.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2004 10:34 PM | Show all posts
Thats not what i'm saying,thats what the Quran and hadiths are saying. Have yu read and studied your Quran and dusty hadith left ion the shelf lately? Or did you leave your brain on the shelf and employed a middle man between you and Allah and allowed them to interpret,interpret interpret out of the facts?

peace

Use magic Report

Adm_Cheng_Ho This user has been deleted
Post time 19-4-2004 11:07 PM | Show all posts
Fleursza, hi,

A few things to correct here:
The Buddha name was taken from the religion founder Gautama Buddha

Not true. The founder of Buddhism is called Siddharta Gautama. Those who follows Siddharta's practice & development of of morality, meditation & wisdom is to achieve Enlightenment or Buddhahood. Thus, Buddha means "The Enlightened".

Gautama Buddha is the evolved way of addressing the founder in the commercial world.

The Christian religion got it name from the Christ that they used for Nabi Isa or who they called Jesus Christ

The word "Christ" comes from Greek meaning Messiah. His real name is Yeshua bar Josef (Jesus son of Joseph). Not sure the "bar" also meaning "bin" for muslims. Anyway, that is the naming culture of the people in that region at that time.

So, when we translate it into Greek, the Y becomes I. They add S at the end as only feminine names end in vowel. It becomes "Iesus". The I becomes J during the gothic medieval period. When combines Jesus with the title Christus (Messiah) it becomes Jesus Christ.

So, the assertion Christ is his name is not true as it was a title given to him meaning Messiah.

Something like Kung Fu Zi (Confucius in English), the "Zi" meaning teacher or someone of higher learning & wisdom to the people in that era/period. Equivalent to today's Datuk/Tan Sri/Tun.... not easy to get one.

p/s: Clearing misinformation snowball before it becomes greater & bigger misconception.

Warm Regards

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-4-2004 07:07 AM | Show all posts
everybody wants to market their favourite religion... why do you care so much if we have the right brand or not. surely it is a personal thing between you and your creator.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-4-2004 08:26 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 19-4-2004 10:34 PM:
Thats not what i'm saying,thats what the Quran and hadiths are saying. Have yu read and studied your Quran and dusty hadith left ion the shelf lately? Or did you leave your brain on the shelf and e ...

Nobody said it to me but you...

I live simple....
I use my brain as best as i can...

Use magic Report

Post time 20-4-2004 08:36 AM | Show all posts
When yu live within the umma, the culture and environment makes it hard for you to think independently.
I know of a few Muslims who left Islam and dared to talk about it.
When they startred questioning what they read in the Quran and hadiths critically, they got into trouble with the Muslism around them. Its not a healthy position for an intellectual.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-4-2004 08:38 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Adm_Cheng_Ho at 19-4-2004 11:07 PM:
Fleursza, hi,
A few things to correct here:
Not true. The founder of Buddhism is called Siddharta Gautama. Those who follows Siddharta's practice & developmen ...

Hi,  

Thanks for the good explaining...

My best friends are among people who are Buddhism, Hinduism, Christian, Jewish...
But we never discussed about the basic of our religions...

I tried to invite my Christian and Jewish friend to learn about Islam though..
But I respected them when they told me  they beleived that they have the right religion...
No big deal...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 11:11 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.114356 second(s), 46 queries .