CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: seribulan

[Buku] ...Quotables @ Bookshelf ...

Close [Copy link]
Post time 28-5-2018 08:01 PM | Show all posts
“The problem is acceptance, which is something we're taught not to do. We're taught to improve uncomfortable situations, to change things, alleviate unpleasant feelings. But if you accept the reality that you have been given- that you are not in a productive creative period- you free yourself to begin filling up again.”
― Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-5-2018 08:02 PM | Show all posts
“Writing novels is much the same. You gather up bones and make your gate, but no matter how wonderful the gate might be, that alone doesn't make it a living breathing novel. A story is not something of this world. A real story requires a kind of magical baptism to link the world on this side with the world on the other side.”
― Haruki Murakami, Sputnik Sweetheart

Use magic Report

Post time 28-5-2018 08:02 PM | Show all posts
“Jane's stories are too sensible. Then Diana puts too much murders into hers. She says most of the time she doesn't know what to do with the people so she kills them off to get rid of them."

-Anne Shirley”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Use magic Report

Post time 28-5-2018 08:03 PM | Show all posts
“Others may write from the head, but he writes from the heart, and the heart will always understand him.”
― Washington Irving, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Stories

Use magic Report

Post time 28-5-2018 08:03 PM | Show all posts
“Science fiction is not prescriptive; it is descriptive.”
― Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

Use magic Report

Post time 28-5-2018 08:04 PM | Show all posts
“Trying to write is very much like trying to put a Chinese puzzle together. We have a pattern in mind which we wish to work out in words; but the words will not fit the spaces, or, if they do, they will not match the design. ”
― Helen Keller, The Story of My Life

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 28-5-2018 08:04 PM | Show all posts
“Almost anyone can be an author; the business is to collect money and fame from this state of being.”
― A.A. Milne, Not That It Matters

Use magic Report

Post time 28-5-2018 08:05 PM | Show all posts
“From my earliest years I had always wanted to be a writer. It was not that I had any particular message for humanity. I am still plugging away and not the ghost of one so far, so it begins to look as though, unless I suddenly hit mid-season form in my eighties, humanity will remain a message short.”
― P.G. Wodehouse, Wodehouse On Wodehouse

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-5-2018 08:05 PM | Show all posts
“Very often we write down a sentence too early, then another too late; what we have to do is write it down at the proper time, otherwise it's lost.”
― Thomas Bernhard, Concrete

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 28-5-2018 10:12 PM | Show all posts
“Rem tene, verba sequentur: grasp the subject, and the words will follow. This, I believe, is the opposite of what happens with poetry, which is more a case of verba tene, res sequenter: grasp the words, and the subject will follow.”
― Umberto Eco, Postscript to the Name of the Rose

Use magic Report

Post time 28-5-2018 10:12 PM | Show all posts
“Symbolism exists to adorn and enrich, not to create an artificial sense of profundity.”
― Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft

Use magic Report

Post time 28-5-2018 10:13 PM | Show all posts
“A deadline is, simply put, optimism in its most kick-ass form. It's a potent force that, when wielded with respect, will level any obstacle in its path. This is especially true when it comes to creative pursuits.”
― Chris Baty, No Plot? No Problem!: A Low-Stress, High-Velocity Guide to Writing a Novel in 30 Days

Use magic Report

Post time 28-5-2018 10:14 PM | Show all posts
“So much in writing depends on the superficiality of one's days. One may be preoccupied with shopping and income tax returns and chance conversations, but the stream of the unconscious continues to flow undisturbed, solving problems, planning ahead: one sits down sterile and dispirited at the desk, and suddenly the words come as though from the air: the situations that seemed blocked in a hopeless impasse move forward: the work has been done while one slept or shopped or talked with friends.”
― Graham Greene, The End of the Affair

Use magic Report

Post time 28-5-2018 10:14 PM | Show all posts
“My advice to writers just starting out? Don't use semi-colons! They are transvestite hermaphrodites, representing exactly nothing. All they do is suggest you might have gone to college.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, Armageddon in Retrospect

Use magic Report

Post time 28-5-2018 10:15 PM | Show all posts
“Now I found it in writing sentences. You can write that sentence in a way that you would have written it last year. Or you can write it in the way of the exquisite nuance that is sriting in your mind now. But that takes a lot of ... waiting for the right word to come.”
― Joseph Campbell, The Hero's Journey: Joseph Campbell on His Life & Work

Use magic Report

Post time 28-5-2018 10:15 PM | Show all posts
“On the whole, stories don't write themselves.”
― Neil Gaiman, Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-5-2018 10:16 PM | Show all posts
“I don't trust men everybody likes. Being nice isn't the same as being good.”
― Sarah Rees Brennan, The Demon's Covenant

Use magic Report

“In the ordinary jumble of my literary drawer, I sometimes find texts I wrote ten, fifteen, or even more years ago. And many of them seem to me written by a stranger: I simply do not recognize myself in them. There was a person who wrote them, and it was I. I experienced them, but it was in another life, from which I just woke up, as if from someone else's dream.”
― Fernando Pessoa, The Book of Disquiet

Use magic Report

“Our age not only does not have a very sharp eye for the almost imperceptible intrusions of grace, it no longer has much feeling for the nature of the violences which precede and follow them.”
― Flannery O'Connor, Mystery and Manners: Occasional Prose

Use magic Report

Post time 28-5-2018 10:17 PM | Show all posts
“A man, to be greatly good, must imagine intensely and comprehensively; he must put himself in the place of another and many others; the pains and pleasures of his species must become his own. The great instrument of moral good is the imagination.”
― Percy Bysshe Shelley, A Defence of Poetry and Other Essays

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic
Dividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
AbahmungDividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
Views : 1718 Replies : 0
Harry-Meghan kantoi lagi
manopHarry-Meghan kantoi lagi
Views : 9687 Replies : 1
Pelacur kelas Atasan
chipmunk2024Pelacur kelas Atasan
Views : 33100 Replies : 90
Ilisha Ameera in a photo series.
grUdgE-frEakIlisha Ameera in a photo series.
Views : 39754 Replies : 76
Edisi ludah2 pada telefon!! : Apa cerita bekas adik ipar kok ping luah perasaan spill tea di IGStory?
QatrunnadaainEdisi ludah2 pada telefon!! : Apa cerita
Views : 41528 Replies : 196
Instafamous Rempit (kak yah, kak zah & the geng) part 3
hotmakInstafamous Rempit (kak yah, kak zah & t
Views : 177751 Replies : 1682
Pelajar Malaysia Perlu Tunjuk Bukti Ada Simpanan RM100,000 jika hendak sambung belajar di Australia
YgBenarPelajar Malaysia Perlu Tunjuk Bukti Ada
Views : 23732 Replies : 93
Walaun, tak buat lawak tak sah!
pengecattaikWalaun, tak buat lawak tak sah!
Views : 7677 Replies : 1
Nikah di Arab Saudi dan Selepas 7 tahun,Nurulhidayah Ahmad Zahid   lega pernikahan disahkan kerajaan Malaysia
YgBenarNikah di Arab Saudi dan Selepas 7 tahun,
Views : 11079 Replies : 3
Menunggu cinta tuhan
maklukpenggodaMenunggu cinta tuhan
Views : 11540 Replies : 30

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

15-5-2024 06:09 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.108249 second(s), 47 queries .