CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: seribulan

[Buku] ...Quotables @ Bookshelf ...

Close [Copy link]
Post time 28-5-2018 10:18 PM | Show all posts
“We must do our work for its own sake, not for fortune or attention or applause.”
― Steven Pressfield, The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks & Win Your Inner Creative Battles

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-5-2018 10:45 PM | Show all posts
“Look, don't just stare at the pages," I used to tell my students. "Become the characters. Live inside the book.”
― Wally Lamb, The Hour I First Believed

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2018 10:46 PM | Show all posts
“I was starting to wonder if I was ready to be a writer, not someone who won prizes, got published and was given the time and space to work, but someone who wrote as a course of life. Maybe writing wouldn't have any rewards. Maybe the salvation I would gain through work would only be emotional and intellectual. Wouldn't that be enough, to be a waitress who found an hour or two hidden in every day to write?”
― Ann Patchett, Truth And Beauty

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2018 10:46 PM | Show all posts

“Writing's a lot like cooking. Sometimes the cake won't rise, no matter what you do, and every now and again the cake tastes better than you ever could have dreamed it would.”
― Neil Gaiman, Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2018 10:47 PM | Show all posts
“Fancies are like shadows...you can't cage them, they're such wayward, dancing things.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea

Use magic Report

“if a book isn't self-explanatory, then it isn't worth reading.”
― Paulo Coelho, The Zahir

Use magic Report

Follow Us
“As with many people, Charles, who could not talk, wrote with fullness. He set down his loneliness and his perplexities, and he put on paper many things he did not know about himself.”
― John Steinbeck, East of Eden

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2018 10:48 PM | Show all posts

“Only by examining our personal biases can we truly grow as artists; only by cultivating empathy can we truly grow as people.”
― Jen Knox, After the Gazebo

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-5-2018 10:48 PM | Show all posts
“You can approach the act of writing with nervousness, excitement, hopefulness, or despair ... Come to it any way but lightly.”
― Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2018 10:49 PM | Show all posts
“Nothing is so easy as to deceive one’s self when one does not lack wit and is familiar with all the niceties of language. Language is a prostitute queen who descends and rises to all roles. Disguises herself, arrays herself in fine apparel, hides her head and effaces herself; an advocate who has an answer for everything, who has always foreseen everything, and who assumes a thousand forms in order to be right. The most honorable of men is he who thinks best and acts best, but the most powerful is he who is best able to talk and write”
― George Sand, Indiana

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2018 10:49 PM | Show all posts
“Let us record the atoms as they fall upon the mind in the order in which they fall, let us trace the pattern, however disconnected and incoherent in appearance, which each sight or incident scores upon the consciousness. Let us not take it for granted that life exists more fully in what is commonly thought big than in what is commonly thought small.”
― Virginia Woolf, The Common Reader

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2018 05:11 AM | Show all posts
“Old words are reborn with new faces.”
― Criss Jami, Killosophy

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2018 05:11 AM | Show all posts
“Every day I ran to that book like it was a bottle of whiskey and crawled inside because it was a world that I had at least some control over, and slowly, in time, it began to take shape.”
― Craig Ferguson, American on Purpose: The Improbable Adventures of an Unlikely Patriot

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2018 05:12 AM | Show all posts
“There is no excuse for anyone to write fiction for public consumption unless he has been called to do so by the presence of a gift. It is the nature of fiction not to be good for much unless it is good in itself.”
― Flannery O'Connor, Mystery and Manners: Occasional Prose

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2018 05:12 AM | Show all posts
“No iron can stab the heart with such force as a period put just at the right place.”
― Isaac Babel, The Collected Stories of Isaac Babel

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2018 05:13 AM | Show all posts
“I stand in the mist and cry, thinking of myself standing in the mist and crying, and wondering if I will ever be able to use this experience in a book.”
― Erica Jong, Fear of Flying

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-5-2018 05:13 AM | Show all posts
“Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, Bagombo Snuff Box

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2018 05:14 AM | Show all posts
“When I face the desolate impossibility of writing five hundred pages, a sick sense of failure falls on me, and I know I can never do it. Then gradually, I write one page and then another. One day's work is all I can permit myself to contemplate.”
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2018 05:14 AM | Show all posts
“Realism can break a writer's heart.”
― Salman Rushdie, Shame

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2018 05:15 AM | Show all posts
“I never desire to converse with a man who has written more than he has read.”
― Samuel Johnson, Johnsonian Miscellanies - Vol II

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

15-5-2024 05:44 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.076568 second(s), 48 queries .