CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1983|Reply: 7

[Dunia] Disangka 'cacar air', budak perempuan 6 tahun hampir maut kerana Covid

[Copy link]
Post time 3-1-2021 09:57 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Girl, 6, nearly died after ‘chickenpox’ rash turned out to be horrific reaction to Covid
Claudia Aoraha

3 Jan 2021, 11:34Updated: 3 Jan 2021, 12:14

A GIRL nearly died after what her mum thought was chickenpox turned out to be a horrific reaction to coronavirus.

Little Millie Denvers, 6, started feeling unwell on December 12 after three kids in her class contracted chickenpox.

Millie Denvers, 6, was taken to hospital after having a reaction to coronavirus Credit: SWNS:South West News Service

The 6-year-old was put in a coma for two daysCredit: SWNS:South West News Service

Three kids in her class had chickenpoxCredit: SWNS:South West News Service

Millie had a few spots, looked pale, started vomiting and burning up with a temperature of 39.9 degrees - and spent all night crying in pain.

Her mum Elizabeth Denver, 36, was concerned that the spots she thought were chickenpox were not blistering, and called her GP.

She was advised to call for an ambulance and did so - but she took little Millie to hospital herself as the wait time was too long.

Millie was admitted to Worthing hospital - and was then transferred in an induced coma to Southampton hospital.

She remained in the coma for two days.

Staff at the hospital told Elizabeth and dad, Glen, 40, that Millie had a condition called Pims TS - a reaction to coronavirus which she must have carried a couple of weeks before with no symptoms.

Elizabeth said: "I was really freaking out.

"My mum is a nurse, and when I phoned her from the hospital to tell her what was happening she started crying, then I knew things were really serious.

"Before they put her in the coma Glen asked if she could die, and the nurse said it wasn't looking good but couldn't actually say.

"We had no idea she had carried Covid.

"Until she got sick on Saturday 12 she had been completely normal, and she's a really active little girl.

"She had been going to school and doing everything she usually did.

"All her symptoms were consistent with chickenpox, one of her sisters vomits whenever she has a temperature, but when the spots didn't start blistering it worried me.

"She was in so much pain in the car you couldn't touch her.

"I had to carry her into the hospital and hold her up, because she had gone all floppy."

Blood tests revealed Millie's liver and kidneys were struggling, and she was on fluids within a couple hours of arriving.

Elizabeth said: "At first they could see that she had an infection somewhere but they couldn't work it out.

"They hadn't seen this before.

"The Pims TS attacks all the organs and bone marrow, her kidneys were very damaged.

"Only 5% of children who carry Covid get Pims TS.

"My own heart was beating so fast and I felt sick, I couldn't lose my little baby.

"I felt like I couldn't breathe.

"I wasn't allowed to travel in the ambulance with her because of Covid, I just couldn't deal with it, I needed to be with her."

Elizabeth stayed in Southhampton for eight days while Millie recovered and Glen looked after Millie's sisters Elsie, 9, and Felicity, 12 at their home in Steyning, West Sussex.

He said: "I was worried sick and feeling useless at home. I just wanted to cuddle Elizabeth and my little baby."

Millie was able to breathe independently by Thursday night, but her kidneys were still struggling.

Thankfully, the little girl was home for Christmas and has recovered quickly and fully with the help of physiotherapy.

Elizabeth said: "It was a heartbreaking relief to hear her laughing with her sisters on Christmas Eve.

"No one knows Covid can be so bad for them."

The number of daily UK coronavirus cases reached a record high yesterday as 57,725 new infections were recorded.

It was the fifth day in a row the figure broke 50,000 and brings the total number of positive tests in Britain to 2,599,789.

Another 445 Covid deaths were recorded, meaning 74,570 people have now died from the bug in the UK since the start of the pandemic.

Yesterday's rise in cases is considerably bigger than it was last Saturday, when 35,691 new cases were recorded.

Millie was admitted to Worthing hospital - and was then transferred in an induced coma to Southampton hospitalCredit: SWNS:South West News Service

Mum Elizabeth said she was freaking out during the ordealCredit: SWNS:South West News Service

The 6-year-old thankfully made it home in time for ChristmasCredit: SWNS:South West News Service

Millie had a few spots, looked pale, started vomiting and burning up with a temperatureCredit: SWNS:South West News Service

We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-1-2021 10:33 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Kita pun ada baby dan kanak-kanak yg meninggal sbb Covid-19.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2021 12:00 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Knowlee replied at 3-1-2021 10:33 PM
Kita pun ada baby dan kanak-kanak yg meninggal sbb Covid-19.

In this case it's actually a blessing bila expect small pox then they take action

Yang often masalah ialah apabila people under estimate ingat batuk2 manja bila dah sesak nafas already half way nak mati baru kalut

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2021 12:32 PM | Show all posts
Mujur masih sempat diselamatkan.  Variant baru ni katanya mudah menyerang kanak2 berbanding yang mula dulu.  Itu pun masih ramai mak pak gigih bawak kanak2 ditempat umum tampa pakai mask ada yang masih bayi pun mereka gigih bawa.  Yang melihat mereka ni pulak yang bimbang.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2021 12:51 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Decaffeinated replied at 4-1-2021 12:00 PM
In this case it's actually a blessing bila expect small pox then they take action

Yang often ma ...

Betul jugak tu... Lagi bahaya kan. Sbb dia mendadak je.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-1-2022 11:30 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Mcm2 plak symptoms budak kena... anak iols dengan anak2 sedara iols (termasuk baby 8 bulan) haritu alhamdulillah cuma sore throat, sakit kepala and very mild fever all semalaman je symptoms..  the next day diorang happy2 je even sekali swab je postive then subsequent swabs diorang sume dah negative

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 8-1-2022 11:31 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by green~tea at 8-1-2022 11:32 PM

Actually quite seldom dengar budak2 teruk symptoms covid... except ada keturunan asthmatic lah

Oh ya.. lupa tambah.... my son & my nephews (kecuali baby tu la) semua dah vaccinated pneumococcal

Use magic Report

Post time 8-1-2022 11:33 PM | Show all posts
siannya adik ni... harap2 ada la insurans.. sian takut jadi homeless pulak deorang di sebabkan bil hospital tinggi... tapi kalau covid kerajaan sana tanggung kan?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic
Dividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
AbahmungDividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
Views : 1718 Replies : 0
Harry-Meghan kantoi lagi
manopHarry-Meghan kantoi lagi
Views : 9687 Replies : 1
Pelacur kelas Atasan
chipmunk2024Pelacur kelas Atasan
Views : 33100 Replies : 90
Ilisha Ameera in a photo series.
grUdgE-frEakIlisha Ameera in a photo series.
Views : 39754 Replies : 76
Edisi ludah2 pada telefon!! : Apa cerita bekas adik ipar kok ping luah perasaan spill tea di IGStory?
QatrunnadaainEdisi ludah2 pada telefon!! : Apa cerita
Views : 41528 Replies : 196
Instafamous Rempit (kak yah, kak zah & the geng) part 3
hotmakInstafamous Rempit (kak yah, kak zah & t
Views : 177751 Replies : 1682
Pelajar Malaysia Perlu Tunjuk Bukti Ada Simpanan RM100,000 jika hendak sambung belajar di Australia
YgBenarPelajar Malaysia Perlu Tunjuk Bukti Ada
Views : 23732 Replies : 93
Walaun, tak buat lawak tak sah!
pengecattaikWalaun, tak buat lawak tak sah!
Views : 7677 Replies : 1
Nikah di Arab Saudi dan Selepas 7 tahun,Nurulhidayah Ahmad Zahid   lega pernikahan disahkan kerajaan Malaysia
YgBenarNikah di Arab Saudi dan Selepas 7 tahun,
Views : 11079 Replies : 3
Menunggu cinta tuhan
maklukpenggodaMenunggu cinta tuhan
Views : 11540 Replies : 30

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

15-5-2024 06:34 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.390723 second(s), 39 queries .