CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3967|Reply: 2

Travel tips at the airport in a post-pandemic world

[Copy link]
Post time 1-8-2021 03:54 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

After months of restrictions and staying at home, it’s time to start travelling again – at least for those in Western countries, the Middle East and China – as evidenced by the uptick in travellers at some major airports.
  Even though travel is far from being at pre-pandemic levels, airports can still get crowded and many processes take longer. To ensure everything runs as smoothly as possible, holidaymakers also need to do their bit.
  The journey begins at the computer

This is true even before the day of departure. Most airlines allow you to check in online and reserve a seat from home.

“Travellers should take advantage of this to save time at the airport,” says Sabine Herling, spokeswoman for the German Airports Association.
  In addition, it’s worth taking a look at the airport and airline websites to check the rules and regulations in advance – for example, what documents are required or how much luggage you can take.

Travellers should also be aware of the entry requirements for the destination country and fill out any necessary forms.
  Make a checklist

If you’re travelling to the airport by car and want to park there, you can make arrangements in advance. This is cheaper than parking without booking ahead.
  But whether arriving by car, taxi or train, travellers should give themselves plenty of time at the airport, more so than ever. Some airports recommend arriving at least two hours in advance.
  If not already done elsewhere, Covid-19 tests at the airport should also be booked online in advance to avoid waiting times – and stress.
  What are the rules at the airport?
  “Wearing a mask is essential,” says Herling. After all, it may not be possible to observe distancing rules everywhere at all times – even if Herling says we should still stick to them.
  “Announcements and signs provide passengers with useful information,” says Herling.
  After checking in luggage, you should make your way to security as quickly as possible. While waiting, travellers should sort out their hand luggage, removing electronic devices and liquids, and taking off jackets and belts. It pays to have the necessary documents at hand.
  Thinking about the journey home
  Once you’re through security, the next step is to bridge the waiting time until the plane takes off. There, of course, the main thing is to have fun and relax.
  However, since the return journey is also likely to be affected by the pandemic, passengers should also check in advance what the current requirements are for when they return. – dpa
  While we cannot travel now, keep in mind that most of these tips will most likely still be relevant when Malaysia reopens her borders.

By AGENCY

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-8-2021 05:54 PM | Show all posts
I don't know how is to travel to other countries post pandemic, but to travel to Canada is more than just a stress and you need a shit ton of papers to be able to cross the border. I'm visiting my family in four days and I have a whole map of papers I'll need at the airport.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-9-2021 05:53 PM | Show all posts
I like to enjoy the views of nature, so I travel by train

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Category: ExploRasa

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

2-5-2024 09:57 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.373188 second(s), 29 queries .