Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: zy

Is the Bible God's Word ? by Ahmed Deedat

[Copy link]
Post time 24-1-2005 01:24 PM | Show all posts
Peace DivinePonytail

The first copy of the Quran is written by the prophet himself. It is describe in this verse.

M.M Pickhatall
25:5 And they say: fables of the men of old which he hath had written down so that they are dictated to him morn and evening.

And it was written down by the hands of scribes who is hanourable and pious

Yusof Ali
080.011-006 By no means (should it be so)! For it is indeed a Message of instruction:
Therefore let whoso will, keep it in remembrance.(It is) in Books held (greatly) in honour, Exalted (in dignity), kept pure and holy, (Written) by the hands of scribes-Honourable and Pious and Just.

I hope this helps  
Peace

[ Last edited by lolipop9 on 24-1-2005 at 01:26 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-1-2005 01:29 PM | Show all posts
You see, muslims just can't handle the truth afteri presented it.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2005 01:42 PM | Show all posts
Thanks loli, from your post you said the prophet himself, Muhammad pbuh wrote the first copy. But from what i understand, wasn't He illiterate? Or you meant to say Muhammad delivered the Quran only in spoken form and was actually written by his companions.

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 24-1-2005 01:50 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by DivinePonytail at 2005-1-24 01:13 PM:
Talking about the Quran, could one of you explain to me who actually wrote the first copy of the Quran? Was it written peice by piece by only one or multiple people?

'Two of the copies of the Qur'an which were originally prepared in the time of Caliph Uthman, are still available to us today and their text and arrangement can be compared, by anyone who cares to do, with any other copy of the Quran, be it in print or handwritten, from any place or period of time. They will be found identical'. [41]

It can now be proclaimed, through the evidences provided above, with full conviction and certainty that the Prophet memorized the entire Quran, had it written down in front of him through his scribes, many of his companions memorized the entire revelation and in turn possess their own private copies for recitation and contemplation. This process of dual preservation of the Quran in written and in the memory was carried in each subsequent generation till our time, without any deletion, interpolation or corruption of this Divine Book.

Sir Williams Muir states, " There is otherwise every security, internal and external, that we possess the text which Muhammad himself gave forth and used". [42]

Sir William Muir continues, "There is probably no other book in the world which has remained twelve centuries (now fourteen) with so pure a text". [43]

This divine protection provided to the Quran, the Last Reveled Guide to Humanity, is proclaimed by One God in the Quran:

'We*** (Allah) have, without doubt, send down the Message; and We will assuredly Guard it (from corruption)' (Quran - Chapter 15, Verse 9).

*** ('We' is the plural of Majesty or the 'Royal Plural', and not the Christian plural of trinity)

Compare this divine and historical preservation of the Quran with any literature, be it religious or secular and it becomes evident that none possess similar miraculous protection. And as states earlier, a belief is as authentic as the authenticity of its scripture. And if any scripture is not preserved, how can we be certain that the belief arising out of this scripture is divine or man made, and if we are not sure about the belief itself, then our salvation in the hereafter would be jeopardized.

Thus this above evidence for the protection of the Quran from any corruption is a strong hint about its divine origin. We request all open hearted persons to read, understand and live the Quran, the 'Manual for Mankind'.

http://www.iol.ie/~afifi/BICNews/Sabeel/sabeel3.htm

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 24-1-2005 at 01:55 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2005 02:09 PM | Show all posts
KENNKID,
Thanks for your cut and paste.
It would be better if you could present your own argument instead.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2005 02:14 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by DivinePonytail at 2005-1-24 02:09 PM:
KENNKID,
Thanks for your cut and paste.
It would be better if you could present your own argument instead.

Read it. It is a historical record. No argument about it. Just wag yourself &  start reading.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 24-1-2005 02:18 PM | Show all posts
KENNKID,

Did i say i would'nt read it?

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2005 02:22 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by DivinePonytail at 23-1-2005 07:42 PM:
Thanks loli, from your post you said the prophet himself, Muhammad pbuh wrote the first copy. But from what i understand, wasn't He illiterate? Or you meant to say Muhammad delivered the Quran only ...

i think loli made a small error.

the compilation of al quran was first made avaliable during caliph abu bakar's time. the process was observed personally by him and the other close companions of the prophet. during the prophet's time, it was written down by his companions in verses. only in abu bakar's time it is complied according to the historical happenings in islam.hope this clarifies.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-1-2005 02:31 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by snipersnake at 24-1-2005 02:22 PM:

i think loli made a small error.

the compilation of al quran was first made avaliable during caliph abu bakar's time. the process was observed personally by him and the other close companion ...

No problem, we are here to learn.

Yes, during caliph abu bakar's time the first compilation of the Quran was made, if im not mistaken by Zayd ibn Thabit. Where did he get the sources (all the suras in pieces)  i wonder?

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2005 02:32 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by DivinePonytail at 2005-1-24 02:18 PM:
KENNKID,

Did i say i would'nt read it?

You didn't. So, read it.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2005 02:41 PM | Show all posts
Peace.

Thanks loli, from your post you said the prophet himself, Muhammad pbuh wrote the first copy. But from what i understand, wasn't He illiterate? Or you meant to say Muhammad delivered the Quran only in spoken form and was actually written by his companions.

Nop. the prophet wrote the Quran with his own hands.. and no. Prphet Mohammad is not illiterate.. he can write and he can read.

Please look at the verse that i posted to support my views..thank you..have to go to class..

bye.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2005 02:49 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by lolipop9 at 24-1-2005 02:41 PM:
Peace.

Nop. the prophet wrote the Quran with his own hands.. and no. Prphet Mohammad is not illiterate.. he can write and he can read.

Please look at the verse that i posted to support m ...

So which one is right? According to snipersnake, the prophet was only doing the observation of the Quran writings. But you said the Quran was written by Muhammad pbuh himself by his own hands. Muhammad isn't illiterate? I thought he was. Appreciate if the two of you can clear this up.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2005 02:50 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 24-1-2005 02:32 PM:

You didn't. So, read it.

It seems to me that there are two kinds of trickery: the "fronts" people assume before one another's eyes, and the "front" a writer puts on the face of reality.

Francoise Sagan

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2005 03:48 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by DivinePonytail at 2005-1-24 02:50 PM:

It seems to me that there are two kinds of trickery: the "fronts" people assume before one another's eyes, and the "front" a writer puts on the face of reality.

Francoise ...

No fronts or backs here. All facts. Read it and then comment.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2005 03:52 PM | Show all posts
Why not make it this way, cut n paste then summarize.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2005 04:11 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by DivinePonytail at 23-1-2005 08:31 PM:

No problem, we are here to learn.

Yes, during caliph abu bakar's time the first compilation of the Quran was made, if im not mistaken by Zayd ibn Thabit. Where did he get the sources (all th ...

he complied it from the collections of abu hurairah and several more companions. hey pony tail..its nice to see somebody like you for a change hope that clarifies

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-1-2005 09:03 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by snipersnake at 24-1-2005 04:11 PM:

he complied it from the collections of abu hurairah and several more companions. hey pony tail..its nice to see somebody like you for a change hope that clarifies

Correct me if I抦 wrong here, he's real name is Abdul-Rahman bin Sakhr Al-Azdi. Isn't he's a Jew before he became to Islam? His Jew name was Abd el Shams., companion of Muhammad pbuh for several years, and from what I抳e researched, he's one of the main narrators of the Hadith.
Abu Hurairah is his nickname which literally means "Father of Cats".

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2005 09:38 PM | Show all posts
Abu Hurairah is his nickname which literally means "Father of Cats".

Definitely correct..

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2005 09:55 PM | Show all posts
What im not clear about is who actually wrote the first copy of Quran, Muhammad or his companions. About Muhammad being an illiterate, this is traditionally believed in Islam, however according to some verse in Quran as posted by loli suggest otherwise.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2005 10:45 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by DivinePonytail at 24-1-2005 03:55 AM:
What im not clear about is who actually wrote the first copy of Quran, Muhammad or his companions. About Muhammad being an illiterate, this is traditionally believed in Islam, however according to  ...

yes, he is actually an ummi..illiterate..that is why the first revelation given to him was iqra bismi robbi kallazi halaq...(read in the name of the god that is the creator )

the companions of the prophet got together and compiled what they have written and memorized ..thus al quran..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 09:00 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.104020 second(s), 42 queries .