CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 4025|Reply: 11

Ms. Dynamite - Judgement Days

[Copy link]
Post time 8-10-2005 08:28 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Anyone here remember Ms Dynamite?  One of her popular songs (I think 2 years ago) was Dy-Na-Mi-Tee

Well she  recently released a new album - Judgement Days and I think it is worth listening to. (Not sure if there has been a review about this album anywhere else in this forum)

Most of the songs are very mellow and it has a mature sound to it unlike her previous album. The album is filled with songs with a message behind it like 'Father' and 'Put your Gun Away'. Some happy chirpy love songs like 'Back Then' and 'Shavaar' and you get the seriously concious of society songs in Judgement Day.  

I have read mixed reviews about this album, some positive others not that positive but personally I think it is ok and far better than some of the songs around now.

As always it depends on what kind of songs you are into.  I've uploaded 2 songs to megaupload (Judgement Day and Back Then) just in case anyone wants to listen to it and you can judge for yourself.  (Hope the megaupload thing works.  Never used it before)

Anyway have a listen and tell me what you think of it.  

Track Listings

1. Judgement Day
2. Father
3. Put Your Gun Away
4. Back Then
5. Fall In Love Again
6. Not Today
7. You Don't Have To Cry
8. Unbreakable
9. Pain
10. Shavaar
11. Self Destruct
12. Gotta Let It Go
13. She Don't Live Here Anymore
14. Mr. Prime Minister
15. Redemption Song

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-10-2005 10:03 PM | Show all posts
aku suka lagu judgement day.. dah tengok video dia.. very inspiring. siap tunjuk kehidupan semua lapisan masyarakat kat UK, tak kira bangsa.. termasuklah pendatang dari India dan Muslim.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-10-2005 10:28 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Muntz at 8-10-2005 10:03 PM
aku suka lagu judgement day.. dah tengok video dia.. very inspiring. siap tunjuk kehidupan semua lapisan masyarakat kat UK, tak kira bangsa.. termasuklah pendatang dari India dan Muslim.

Yeah, i saw part of the video.... and from the bits I saw, I liked it alot.  I like this type of stuff.  Hope people understand the meaning behind the music and the video...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-10-2005 10:36 PM | Show all posts

Ms Dynamite's lyrics upset father

BTW, I found this article on the net.  Also uploaded the song Father for those who have not heard the song yet.  After listening to it, you'll understand why her father was so upset.

Ms Dynamite's lyrics upset father

Ms Dynamite's new song Father has upset her real-life dad Eyon Daley, who claims the cutting lyrics about him are untrue.

The It Takes More hitmaker, real name Niomi McLean-Daley, was brought up by her mother Heather McLean after her parents separated when she was two-years-old.

Despite Eyon's claims he often saw Niomi through her childhood and early adult years until an argument last year (04), Niomi's song Father includes the lyrics, "Though it seemed like you couldn't see me, 'til I picked up the mic and I was on the TV/Now, you ringing off my phone like every week, where were you at six, seven, 11 and 13?"

However, Eyon claims she has exaggerated their separation during her childhood to boost publicity for her second album.

Eyon says, "Since I left, she has come to stay with me every half-term, every holiday and I visited her as often as I could. We were really close, but now I feel she wants to make out that I was the bad guy in her past to give a talking point to sell her CD."

Eyon, 44, claims his 24-year-old daughter wrote him a letter explaining the song, saying, "This is a song written a while back to vent my anger and feelings regarding our relationship, or lack of relationship, my childhood frustration and disappointment.

"I want you to hear this from me as it is going to be on my album, not out of spite or malice, but simply because I know there are thousands of people that feel exactly how I used to."

Taken from Yahoo News

Use magic Report

Post time 10-10-2005 12:23 AM | Show all posts
aku dgr suara ms dynamite ni seakan2 suara alicia keys. ada tak orglain yg rasa cmtu?
muka pon ada sikit2 iras... tp alicia keys lagi cantik la.
tak silap ms dynnamite ni pon mix omputeh+black gak mcm alicia.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-10-2005 02:40 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sayangidaku at 10-10-2005 12:23 AM
aku dgr suara ms dynamite ni seakan2 suara alicia keys. ada tak orglain yg rasa cmtu?
muka pon ada sikit2 iras... tp alicia keys lagi cantik la.
tak silap ms dynnamite ni pon mix omputeh+black gak mcm alicia..

Uhuh.... Ms Dynamite does sound a little like Alicia Keys.  Both talented song writers but I suppose with Ms Dynamite her lyrics and the way she sings her music is  more hard hitting.

Ms Dynamite is mixed race.. her mother is white and her father is white, so I suppose like most mixed raced kids she had a hard time growing up thus her music....

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 11-10-2005 11:50 AM | Show all posts
aku dh dgr lagu2 miss dynamite yg korg upload
tp rs nye lagu die cam kureng je dr album 1st die..
kebykkan cm tah la.. tak sedap sket
album 1st lg besh2 bunyi die..
tak tau la 2nd single die lagu ape die kua.. hope best sket dr judgment day

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-10-2005 01:22 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by blastz at 11-10-2005 11:50 AM
aku dh dgr lagu2 miss dynamite yg korg upload
tp rs nye lagu die cam kureng je dr album 1st die..
kebykkan cm tah la.. tak sedap sket
album 1st lg besh2 bunyi die..
tak tau la 2nd single die lagu ape die kua.. hope best sket dr judgment day .

Hmmmm  maybe the songs I uploaded were not the best of the bunch.  Sorry bout that.  I didn't know which one to choose

I've  read a few reviews with  similar opinion to yours.  Guess her first album had more power because she was more 'angry' with her life back then.  Anger is always a good thing when making music.  It worked for Alanis :bgrin:

Thing is since that first album, she had a son, Shavaar and thus have mellowed out a lot and this is reflected in her lyrics.  She is less angry (the Father song was written a while back) and she is more concern about things around her probably because now, she is a mother.

I guess this album was too...toned down after the first.  Hopefully the 3rd one would be a good combination of both.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-10-2005 02:43 PM | Show all posts
yup! i hope so :D

Use magic Report

Post time 14-10-2005 08:13 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by calamus at 11-10-2005 02:40 AM

Uhuh.... Ms Dynamite does sound a little like Alicia Keys.  Both talented song writers but I suppose with Ms Dynamite her lyrics and the way she sings her music is  more hard hitting.

Ms Dyn ...

mak pak dua2 white? camner anak bleh black? :stp:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-10-2005 08:50 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Muntz at 14-10-2005 08:13 PM

mak pak dua2 white? camner anak bleh black? :stp:

Adus... sorry lah.. typo.   Mak dia white.. her father is black... sorry sorry....   :pray:

[ Last edited by calamus at 14-10-2005 08:54 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 15-10-2005 09:14 PM | Show all posts
yeker.. hehehe.. aku pon heran gak..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

1-6-2024 08:24 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.083991 second(s), 38 queries .